Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#189516 - 04/27/09 09:12 PM Time Travelling
bethlham Offline
Guru

I have seen the topic of time travelling come up several times and since we are so fortunate to have so many new members I thought I'd mention this procedure.

There are several threads on the topic but in brevity, I'd like to say for those who don't know that time travelling is when a player adjusts the system clock on their PC either forward or backward. It is used in real-time games for various reasons but typically to speed up or delay progress.

Of course, each player can play their games as they choose, and are encouraged to do so, but time travelling is considered a "cheat", in that it goes against or interfers with normal game play. Being a "cheat" it is not supported in the forums and problems arising from intentional time travelling are not typically sympathised with. Keep in mind that a "cheat" differs from an "exploit".

Aside from general game play standards, for those who may be unfamiliar with time travelling, it does not always effect just your game. It can cause problems with your PC, printers and other systems. And is not encouraged for these reasons as well.

My point being, time travel if you will...it is your perogative and your game, but please keep in mind that it is not favored in the forums and can cause many problems with your game and property.

Good luck to all! smile

#189753 - 04/28/09 04:35 PM Re: Time Travelling [Re: bethlham]
Gamemastr1 Offline
Graphics Wizard

As it has been said here, and in other threads on the LDW forums, time traveling is not something that is good for the game. Yes, it can help to expedite some aspects of the game such as collectibles, but it can really mess with other aspects of the game.

There are different parts of the game that run on their own timer. In the Virtual Families game, materity is one affected by time traveling. Food consumption, email alerts and event, store restocking, just to name a few more, are affected as well. There are many others. By time traveling, this has a high probability to mess with those timers.

Yes, you may get some trophies or complete goals a little faster but other things can now take forever and now the game will actually be less fun. Some things to consider would be that sicknesses are expedited. If you are waiting for a proposal, that now may take forever and a day to come, and your little buddy can essentially pass away all alone, leaving no one to take over the house, therefore, ending the game, and you'll have to start all over again, anyways.

Because LDW makes real time games, and there are many intricate parts to it to make it this way, time traveling is not recommended and is not supported if something goes wrong with your game.

This just touched on the bad things that can happen with your games and does not address other time-sensitive programs that are on your computer. Financial softwares, time-sensitive/time-limited programs are just a few things that can be messed up. Some of those programs do not even have to be opened or running to become corrupt.

I would seriously, seriously, seriously think twice about time travel. In the end it really, truly is not worth the headaches it can cause.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter