Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 191 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#188552 - 04/25/09 02:00 PM Virtual Families Suggestions
Sweetz Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, Indiana
With three household members playing and all five game slots used. I have noticed that when I load the game to play, it Defaults to loading the last players family. This isn't necessarily a problem ,however has caused a scare (loaded VF in the A.M. before my first cup of coffee to find all my children gone and no husband...lol)a few times before realizing I needed to exit that players family by going back to the menu screen and selecting my game. Based on this experience my suggestion is that when the game loads, it loads by default to the Main menu screen, thereby forcing you to pick your own family for play.

#189185 - 04/26/09 10:48 PM Possible update or Virtual Fam. 2 ?????
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
I don't know if I'm doing this right or not, but here goes. I think some of us may have been a bit critical of this game at first, but it gets better as the game progresses. However, I'd still like to see either a VF 2 or an update to this the first Virtual Families. I think some interaction between the fam. members would take Virtual Families from being a good game to a great one. That's really the only thing lacking...Oh yes, there's also that issue of the cat. smile I sure wish it could be selected, named, and moved and that the peeps could recognize it's existence. I think too, that the kids ought to have to feed and water it as one of their chores. In fact, thinking on that, I think it would be nice if the game allowed for chores to be assigned to each kid and that they had to be trained in them like the parents do on their jobs. I'm aware that they can collect things, sell collectibles on line, and do various jobs around the house such as cleaning a dirty spot on the floor and picking things up, but it would be really nice to be able to assign chores to them. These things would really put this game over the top.
Thanks for listening to my ideas,
Lewanda

Sorry! I forgot to tell you how much I love the cute things the kids do and especially their giggles and sqeals of delight. I notice they do this most when playing in dirt or marking on the walls. LOL! smile I also love the way the pass away in this game. It's so much nicer than the decomposing skeleton's in the other games. I'm truly enjoying training my virtual family.

Also there's one more thing I'd like in the game is if they could choose between several houses, since most people, like myself :), have several families going on at one time. This might would make the game too large...I don't know. I am a programmer but don't write games.

Big hugs!

#189189 - 04/26/09 10:57 PM Re: Virtual Families Observation/Possible Suggestion [Re: Sweetz]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

That's a great suggestion. I've had the same thought! smile

#189272 - 04/27/09 01:45 AM Display Status in the Details
schwabbie Offline

I think it would be helpful to see the characters Status in the Details page. Also would like to see how much longer till the mother is done nursing.

Edited by schwabbie (04/27/09 01:48 AM)

#189388 - 04/27/09 03:27 PM Re: Virtual Families Observation/Possible Suggestion [Re: Sweetz]
Sweetz Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, Indiana
Originally Posted By: Sweetz
With three household members playing and all five game slots used. I have noticed that when I load the game to play, it Defaults to loading the last players family. This isn't necessarily a problem ,however has caused a scare (loaded VF in the A.M. before my first cup of coffee to find all my children gone and no husband...lol)a few times before realizing I needed to exit that players family by going back to the menu screen and selecting my game. Based on this experience my suggestion is that when the game loads, it loads by default to the Main menu screen, thereby forcing you to pick your own family for play.

Example: Loaded game this morning to check on my two seperate households in the game. However My son was the last one to play , so when it loaded , his game opened without giving me opportunity to load mine. Immediately a notification pops up in game announcing someone had gotten a promotion, followed by a notification he was being fined x amount of dollars per weed for x number of weeds. Once those things were done being announced it was then and only then I was able to click on menu, so that i could load one of my families. My son thus has missed the fact his person got a promotion , thus is also unaware of the "weed" penalty. Furthermore when I'm done playing and I exit the game , Whomever loads it next to play will then get notifications on my families events, before they are able to load their own family. So those announcements won't be seen by me!

#189591 - 04/28/09 12:36 AM Re: Virtual Families Observation/Possible Suggestion [Re: Sweetz]
debbie1260 Offline
Trainee

I would also like to see the nursing time displayed.

I would also like to see the family be able to buy land so one of their children could build a house and live in the same game. They could perhaps have a farm or a store (there is already a farming mechanism). There could be so much potential for more "stuff" for all the peeps to do. There is also a building skill so the child could build his/her own house....or maybe add an addition to the original one. That would be excellent!!

Deb

#196389 - 05/27/09 01:55 PM VF 2 or expansion Pack
Suzicube Offline
Adviser

Ok, I've been playing the game for a little over a month and pretty much have finished the game. I know that there are things to do but changing clothes each day or waiting to get 100 wrappers is really not playing to me. I LOVE this game and would like to see VF 2 come out soon. Is there a moderator that can give some kind of idea if there is going to be a VF 2 and when it might come out? This game was well worth the money at less than .32/day which is alot less than I spend on soda each day. smile

#196392 - 05/27/09 02:14 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: Suzicube]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
The Previews page gives an indication of what LDW are working on at present. It only shows that VV4 is in the works, now that VF has been released. Since the game has been out for so short a period I can't imagine they have any immediate plans for expanding VF, let alone a VF2. They are more likely concentrating on a possible new build, aimed at fixing a few of the bugs that have appeared since release. They are also working on the porting of the game to the iPhone/iPod platform.

Have you tried installing any of the user-created mods available from the Virtual Families Mods forum if you are looking for variety?

#196443 - 05/27/09 06:00 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: arnie]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
I'm pretty much done too. I guess we'll just have to be patience and wait till the next release. Until then... have a great summer!

#196455 - 05/27/09 06:29 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: swedane]
PlayAtWork Offline
Trainee

Yea, I am bored. I actually bought a SIMS game to see why everyone kept commenting on that when we were posting suggestions. I have not had a chance to play it yet (Can't minimize that game like you can the VF so I can't play at work! lol).

I liked this game but once you accomplish things... there isn't much else to do. I think I would rather not buy the next one out of the gate. I would rather play it on a member site because it's not worth it to buy it and then only play it for a month. would be nice if it were more in depth so you can get more out of it.

#196460 - 05/27/09 06:37 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: PlayAtWork]
Jenny23 Offline
Master

Loc: NY
You can always delete your games and start over with new families. That way you once again have goals to work for (trophies).

#196497 - 05/27/09 09:57 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: Jenny23]
Suzicube Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: Jenny23
You can always delete your games and start over with new families. That way you once again have goals to work for (trophies).

Yeah but you are still doing the same thing over again. The thing I think that is the most restricting is that there really is no meaningful interaction within the family structure at least anything that affects the game. It was a fun game while it lasted but the gameplay is limited to only a month or two. I agree that I will probably just wait and play on a member site like I did the vv lost children. Finished that game and don't feel like I lost anything since I pay the same for all games no matter how many or how long I play.

#196498 - 05/27/09 09:59 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: arnie]
Suzicube Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: arnie
The Previews page gives an indication of what LDW are working on at present. It only shows that VV4 is in the works, now that VF has been released. Since the game has been out for so short a period I can't imagine they have any immediate plans for expanding VF, let alone a VF2. They are more likely concentrating on a possible new build, aimed at fixing a few of the bugs that have appeared since release. They are also working on the porting of the game to the iPhone/iPod platform.

Have you tried installing any of the user-created mods available from the Virtual Families Mods forum if you are looking for variety?

I have put all the mods in but all that really affects is the eye candy. Also, I find that while I like the VV games they are pretty much all the same just new backgrounds. Still like them though but wish the games would gradually change for the better instead of just better graphics.

#196558 - 05/28/09 02:19 AM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: PlayAtWork]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Originally Posted By: PlayAtWork

I liked this game but once you accomplish things... there isn't much else to do. I think I would rather not buy the next one out of the gate. I would rather play it on a member site because it's not worth it to buy it and then only play it for a month. would be nice if it were more in depth so you can get more out of it.

This has been an ongoing discussion since VV1 (that I know of) and seems to reappear in each game after the first few weeks of release.

We need to remember a couple of things. First these are NOT core games that you pay $50 or more for only to turn around and pay another $50 or more for each "add on."

These are, and are meant to be, exactly what they are. A simple game for all ages, with virtually unlimited playability. You can keep your "village" "family" or "shop" going for as long (or short) a time as YOU desire. There are goals to work towards, but not a set end to the game. This is one of the key things that LDW addicts enjoy most about these games.

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#196609 - 05/28/09 01:28 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: Rockmower]
jbart321 Offline
Expert

Thats all fine and dandy, but I think you missed the original posters whole point. The game itself is fun for about 2 weeks, then it is just watching the little people do their thing. All of these types of games are only good for a week or two then they are pretty boring. There is not enough to do, really. Getting the trophies is not that hard. Most of the harder ones are just a waiting game. More interaction would be nice, that's all.

#196610 - 05/28/09 02:40 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: jbart321]
*Vanna Offline
Consigliere

Loc: TEXAS
I get a lot of time out of all of my LDW Games. I absolutely love the games. I still have at least one VV1,VV2,and VV3 Game going pretty much at all times. I love the fact that the games don't have an end to them. With the games that do have an end I play them through once, Usually in about a week or two, and then forget about them. With the villager games and the Virtual Families, you have different characters each time you start a new game, It gives more variety and (For Me) makes the games more interesting. I Haven't got Bored, with any of my games. Personally, I think it just depends on the player. (Maybe) Those of you who get Bored easily, Just need different types of games. Then there are those of us who are completely addicted to the games and will continue to play them over and over and never have a problem with waiting out our games. We Love our Little Pixels. That is what makes the game soo FUN!! BTW, Great JOB LDW!!

#196611 - 05/28/09 02:52 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: *Vanna]
Arletta Offline
Trainee

Pretty much in agreeance with Vanna.

I've had VF for three weeks approx. I've yet to get bored. I'm interested in what my families are doing all the time. To me VF is perfect because there is no end. I want multiple births and to see how many generations I can get. I want to collect everything, do everything and for my families to never end. That's my idea of fun.

#196625 - 05/28/09 04:06 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: *Vanna]
Jenny23 Offline
Master

I must admit that, as much as I enjoyed the VV games, eventually I got bored with them and haven't played them in awhile, though they are still on my computer. When it got to the point where all I could do was hit the gong once a day, etc, I lost interest and let my tribes die off. Maybe someday I'll start new ones, but as long as LDW brings out new games, like VF or the upcoming VV4, I probably won't play the older ones. Good job giving us an escape from "real" life, LDW, lol!

#197850 - 06/05/09 06:31 AM What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2
Lewanda Offline
Legend

My greatest wish for Virtual Villagers 4:
Please don't make the peeps as slow as they are in the other villager games. I tried playing VV2 again after playing VF, and the peeps were so very slow that I had to close out the game.

~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~
WHAT I'D LIKE TO SEE IN Virtual Families 2:
-Please fix the 'hang up' on exit problem so many of us are experiencing.

-Please don't have the peeps walk and act as though they're 80-90 yrs old at 50-65. People are just not that decrepid at that age. I'd like to be able to enjoy the elderly peeps. Most people say they can't wait for them to die after the kids all leave, and that just isn't right.

-Several houses to choose from would make having more than one game going so much nicer. It would even be nicer if you could have several families in one game (Your adoptee and a couple of neighboring peeps that you also teach and look out for.)

-A flower or veggie garden that the peeps plant and care for themselves would be really nice, and/or something like an animated backyard pond.

-The last version made it really difficult to make babies, and multiples are almost impossible. I reinstalled version .04 and had triplets on the first try. Please make VF 2 so it's not so difficult to have a family. The kids are what makes the game fun.

-Have the kids play more games where they laugh such as the tag game in VV2. As a fact I'd love it if you brought that back in the next VF.

-Recognition of other family members when they pass them...Right now they walk right through each other, and have no idea that they're not the only one in the game other than on certain occasions: when making baby, tickling, giggle party, etc.

-Make it to where there is somehow some kind of real contact between family members that have left with real recognition of who the person is they're emailing/phoning. We'd like to see something more than the emails calling mom and dad by their first names.

-Make it so that a kid can move back in after the parents have been left alone and are aged, and please make it so that the parents can stay with the new family and help with kids and household chores (Though they should be allowed to retire from their careers). It's not right that the parents have to die before we can start a new generation. We also want our peeps to live longer, more productive lives after retirement.

-A beauty parlor where the ladies can get a new hairdo would be great.

-Let them keep their old clothes in their bedroom closet and be able to wear them again. That way they could buy all the clothes that they really like and change out more often.

#197855 - 06/05/09 11:19 AM Re: WHAT I'D LIKE TO SEE IN Virtual Families 2 [Re: Lewanda]
Jem59 Offline

Loc: UK
I agree 100 percent Lewanda. the game definatly needs more possibilities

#197861 - 06/05/09 01:57 PM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: Lewanda]
tkdgrl223 Offline
Master

I agree too.

But with the beauty parlor and neighbors it seems to me that Virtual Neighborhood or Virtual Town would be better. So then you can care for a small town with multiple families.

Or like how some people want to be able to connect the VVs with the internet so it could be multiplayer, with trading. These small towns/neighborhoods could be an actully multiplayer game, we connect to the internet and we all get a family to take care of and have our family interact with the other players' families.

#197873 - 06/05/09 05:22 PM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: tkdgrl223]
*Vanna Offline
Consigliere

Loc: TEXAS
Alot of these suggestions are great. I love Lewanda's suggestions, and the suggestion of the nursing timer being displayed. But some of the suggestions are SO 'Sims'ish. I wont play the sims. i dont care for the game. the way VF is right now (like Lewanda said) its a very good game. But there are a few things that could bring it over the top. The peeps NEED to interact with one another. Its just unnatural to me. How can a nursing mother carry around a baby for 2 years and then have no interaction with it after that...Just weird! Anyway. It is a GOOD game. and i love playing. There are just a few more things i would like added!

#197878 - 06/05/09 06:45 PM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: *Vanna]
lego222 Offline
Trainee

Loc: tv room/my toy room
1.chat with the little people.
2.take care of pets
3.all seasons
4.more kinds of weather(forget the ice storm!!!)
5.more kind of pets.(bunnys,chinise dwarf hamsters,mice,etc.)
6.lower career room upgrade prices.
7.more likely to have twins or triplets.
Click to reveal..
those are my ideas smile.

#197888 - 06/05/09 07:39 PM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: tkdgrl223]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Virtual neighborhood sounds nice, but I'd like to be able to play without having to be connected to someone else.

One thing I forgot to mention that I'd like in the next VF is more options for pets. I'd also like to be able to choose to have more than one pet and have the family interact with them.

Thanks LDW for making the games. They are so enjoyable and a great way to relax. And thanks for allowing our input! smile
Big hugs!!!

Edited by Lewanda (06/05/09 07:40 PM)
Edit Reason: Thanks

#197947 - 06/06/09 03:53 PM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: Lewanda]
anyonebutme Offline
Adviser

i agree with Lewanda 100 % with the idea of several houses because the same old house gets boring

#200616 - 06/28/09 03:10 AM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: Sweetz]
Nealsmama Offline
Adviser

Loc: USA
The kids should have wetting accidents where you have to buy them a new outfit immediately. If you don't have enough money, they get more and more unhappy, then blue, then depressed. Once they get the outfit, voila! Elated again.

#200620 - 06/28/09 03:18 AM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: *Vanna]
VVFanatic Offline
Guru

Loc: Texas
yes i have also loaded the game and found myself to be playing my sisters file smile

VF2 -80%

#200933 - 06/29/09 04:58 PM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: VVFanatic]
loisk Offline

I'm thoroughly enjoying VF and am anxiously awaiting word on an upgrade or a 2.
I agree with an option of buying up in homes.
It would be fun/cute to have the baby crawling and being picked up to put in a high chair and/or crib. A little more cooing by the baby. Toys that can be selected and bought. (Of course in real life, children do tend to argue over toys.
A little larger kitchen table that would seat at least 6.
Lower prices to buy things or increase starting wages.
More selection of items to buy in the store or for the home. (I decided I won't let my peeps have pinball machine since that's almost all they then want to do. lol

Thank you

#201464 - 07/02/09 07:46 PM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: loisk]
XiloDragon Offline
Expert

Loc: "In the Visible Universe"
Yes! Finally found the developer thread for vf2 suggestions. allright, down to buisness; i really like lewandas suggestions alot.he/she basicly said what i wanted to say for me:
Originally Posted By: lewanda
Virtual neighborhood sounds nice, but I'd like to be able to play without having to be connected to someone else.
Yes i would love that. , i also like the idea of having a choice of not having to be connected with someone elses computer to have a virtual neighborhood. and not just that, but a virtual city would also be nice, and a car. like u could get in the car and go to the doctors.

One thing I forgot to mention that I'd like in the next VF is more options for pets. I'd also like to be able to choose to have more than one pet and have the family interact with them.
Dang! beat me to it again. yes i would totally love more than one pet and having the family members(and the families "owner" (or in other words, the one whos playing the game)) to interact with the pets.

Thanks LDW for making the games. They are so enjoyable and a great way to relax. And thanks for allowing our input! smile
Big hugs!!!
another thing i agree with. yes the only way i am able to support ldw in helping make their games is by giving suggestions for new games. and also, all these things are nice, but like everything, there has to be alot of people putting alot of effort into making all those things come to pass, so just a few tips(even though u may already know them, but their just for newbies and for people who lack at least a little bit of common sense(like me for instance)) due to fullfilling everybodies(or alot of peoples) suggestions, the release date of the final product will be longer. and also, i wish i could help, I would LOVE to help ldw with their games, but, due to my age being 13, i do not fullfill the requirements to work and have an 'official' job, according to the law, but i love ldw and all their games, and i really want to help more than just giving suggestions for ldws games when i get older.
oh and one more thing, i support my previous vv4 suggestions for vf2 when i say a 3d environment would be nice. (but u c, then again comes more work put into making the game, and the longer it will be untill the finished product comes out.
I LOVE ldw and VF. (with most companies, the sequals to the games sometimes suck, or are not as good as the first one, but with ldw, it is the opposite; They just keep getting BETTER!) anyway, thanks again. if u have any problems or find any errors with my post, plz just om me and i will NOT be offended if moderators moderate my post as long as they do not distort the original meanings, purposes, or intentions that my unedited post shows. thanks!
xilodragon1

#201965 - 07/07/09 03:40 PM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: *Vanna]
bettedaviseyz Offline

I too would love more interaction between the peeps. When a child is looking for Mommy or Daddy, they walk right by them and don't see them. I have been a Foster Parent in real life and hugs and cuddling is very important in the formative years for children. We don't have any of that.

Also, a Divorce button would be nice! Some of the spouses I've chosen are some of the laziest "slobs" in the world. My peep will be working their hind-ends off and will reach master and the lazy, arrogant spouse will be at a Level 3.

Also, I'm almost 60 and believe me I do not walk like I am my great-grandmother. It makes the game just totally boring after the kids are gone.

When a parent dies, it would be great if the kids could come home or a kid could come home from college and be with the remaining parent until their demise.

I lost a 5 generation game because of the inability to get my couple to have a baby. I tried everything, closing out of the game, logging back in 3-4 times a day everyday. I bought the baby boost as a last resort, perfumes, gave them mangoes, candies, "green" hand, they still didn't want a baby undoubtedly because they would do-their-do and just walk of nonchalantly as if "Oh, well, that's over with!" attitude. 5 generations, all the upgrades and $300,000 because a couple "refused" to have a baby, heartbreaking!

I have two cats and they love petting, etc. The cats could go out in the yard and watch the birds (never let the birds get caught of course, kinda like the gopher), climb a tree, purr, sit next to the peeps. Have the peeps feed them.

Maybe other members of the family could help out with the baby instead of Mommy always carrying it around.

My peeps beg me for a vacation, but they never leave the house.

Be able to upgrade for a lower price and upgrade all the rooms, not just the kitchen, office and workshop. That bathroom really needs some refurbishing as well as it sounds like they need a new washer!

The kids to have friends over for sleepovers, neighbors for cookouts. Especially the nosy neighbor that seems to be a voyeur as he is always watching our peeps house and yard.

As they've mentioned above, be able to keep the clothes we buy them and change clothes more often. Be able to change the hairstyles.

I don't know what type of programming it would take to add some of the ideas to the game or come out with a new game with the additions, but I can't think of anything else right now. Thanks for allowing me to throw in my ideas.

#202022 - 07/07/09 06:47 PM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: bettedaviseyz]
MJTh Offline

I think It's be nice to have the option to save up to purchase a new house and then move! That'd be fun! Plus maybe a larger upgrade store. Like have maybe a new couch set.

Might be good to also show what kinds or groceries are getting low so you can buy certain things your peeps like and eat the most.

Maybe also have different kinds of pets. Say something exotic like a pet iguana or a pet bird in a cage. It could become a kind of chore to feed the bird or if a parrot teach it to talk. hehe! So much can be done for sure.

I also would love different weather. Right now there can be an earthquake and then you have to start with repairs. Maybe a few other things like power outages or hail storms.

I love this game. Nice clean fun I can let my nieces and nephews watch with out worrying their might be something scarey or inappropriate.

anyway thanks for a very addictive and fun game!

#204124 - 07/19/09 02:01 AM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: Sweetz]
platonica Offline

Some of my suggestions are pretty similar to Lewanda's, but here it goes:

- Some occasions can be really disturbing. Suppose you have triplets that have all gone to college when you launch the game and both the parents are promoted, that's five occasions you have to say OK to before you can get anything done. Then one of the parents go "Send e-mail to player", and you are interrupted AGAIN. These "occasion messages" could be made a lot less disrupting, or you could get to choose when to read them.

- I think the family should buy the house, and take a loan with periodic mortgage. Also tax the house based on its value, more upgrades = more tax.

- I loved Lewanda's suggestion about a garden, something more to do for the player or even a side business/chance to make extra cash for the family.

- Absolutely get rid of the interest part of the family's income, it makes the game so uninteresting. Yes I know something is needed to make the choice between saving and spending harder, but that's the wrong way to go. suppose you've saved up $400,000 that means that you are guaranteed $40,000 and that it's unimportant whether your peeps together make $30 or $1380, especially when there's really nothing to DO with the money later in the game. I'd like to see a stock portfolio though, where you can choose to set aside part of the family's money and invest it in stock that they can either win or loose on. It doesn't have to be complicsted, make a low-risk and high-risk portfolio to choose from, not a million different stocks to choose from.

- Lewanda suggested a beauty parlor, my suggestion is pretty close. I'd like to see a home version of "girls'/boys' night out" with spa-treatment for the ladies and whatever guys do for them. A way to spend money anytime in the game, and a way to boost happiness when needed

---

And besides this, a whole new game like VF, only the family runs a farm.

#204125 - 07/19/09 02:05 AM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: platonica]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

I love platonica's farm idea, especially if they can interact with the animals.

#205630 - 07/28/09 10:05 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: Lewanda]
VVFanatic Offline
Guru

Well What about if there is like 5 houses and each generation you make repairs on your current house the house is perfect and then you buy another one and so on ...........

VF2 -80%

#205634 - 07/28/09 11:54 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: VVFanatic]
Elisa725 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Here are my ideas:

1: There should be fraternal twins and triplets(different genders/different looks). I have a friend(of whom I'm really close to) that is a fraternal twin.

2: There should be a school. If not a school, than maybe a tutor; at the least report cards. I mean, what's all the studying for, anyways?

3: The kids should come back after college. Well, at least some should. And the parent that didn't die(if there is one) shouldn't be forcefully kicked out. And I think some of the peeps should get e-mails from their family.

4: Whoever said anything about sleepovers, I agree. Wouldn't it be cool if you could interact with another family? And I also agree with the snow idea, a.k.a., seasons. It would be fun.

5: Not telling you this was my idea, but my little bro. said he wanted to see actual pregnancy . I don't care too much for that idea, but I can't speak for the rest of you.

6: If only you could make new rare ones and move the current ones down a bit(hint, hint).

7: Make enough food for everyone at the table next time, please! It frightens me to see someone eating abseloutely nothing.

8: I think there should be an actions like "fighting" or "breaking up a fight" or "taking sides". It would be funny to watch the boys crowd behind dad and girls behind mom.

#206234 - 08/02/09 04:33 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: platonica]
JamieH Offline
Trainee

Loc: IN
I have a few suggestions;

1. Have items they interact with. Like a phone, or a garden.

2. Add the stock market or a sie business for more money.

3. Be able to take a test for the 18 yr olds, then pick a college they got o according to the test "he 18 yr old" takes. This would mean YOU as the player of the game will take the test for the 18 yr old. Depending on the score, the 18 yr old, or YOU get to pick the college they attend.

4. BE able to influence how the kids grow up. MEaning, if they are on the PC alot, or outside..so on...then that will infulence what they like or their jobs.

5. I love the idea of saving up to buy a house. Have different types of houses, with different layouts.

6. Offer more items like clothing, and house items.
Maybe a new fridge, or oven..or even more house upgrades like more rooms or a bigger kitchen.

7. If you add the buisness, have an option of off site, or at home. If at home they can either pay for the site or pay for more room in the house.

8. More jobs.

9. Be able to pick a job for your person.

10. Be able to design your own patterns for things. Maybe be able to move furniture around.

PLEASE becarefull though! Some of these tread with the border of that OTHER game like this...

#206267 - 08/02/09 07:07 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: platonica]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: One of the thirteen colonies
Originally Posted By: platonica
And besides this, a whole new game like VF, only the family runs a farm.

WOW.

I've been thinking that for a while, too!

#207405 - 08/10/09 08:44 AM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: platonica]
Pokemontrainer99 Offline
Expert

Loc: England
Originally Posted By: platonica
Lewanda suggested a beauty parlor, my suggestion is pretty close. I'd like to see a home version of "girls'/boys' night out" with spa-treatment for the ladies and whatever guys do for them. A way to spend money anytime in the game, and a way to boost happiness when needed.

I agree, but how about having to reach certain goals too unlock hair colors and styles. For example:
Cocoa is in gen 1. Cocoa has blonde hair and the Guiding Hand wants her to have blue hair. But first the family had to reach 6 children. They have 5 and it is time to try for another.
If that wrked you would unlock blue hair dye in the shop. Same with hair styles.

I would also like the tag game here, even though I don't play VV2.

Maybe connecting online would be resricted to player names you know.

I would like more interaction with the peeps and pets. Say clubs could come to the garden and the peeps could be members. Or the pet could get an illness and the owner would take it to the vet.

Maybe the kids could go to school, because why on earth do they do homework.
And yes I would like to chat to our peeps if possible.

Now all of these are only suggestions, but I would like them in the game.
See you!

Edited by Pokemontrainer99 (08/10/09 09:20 AM)
Edit Reason: Added suggestions

#207406 - 08/10/09 11:43 AM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: Pokemontrainer99]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

I'd like to see each slot have its own images folder. That way the look of the house and surrounds could be different for each family. User-created mods could also be applied to just one game or more as the player desires.

#207417 - 08/10/09 05:57 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: arnie]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
what a good idea, Arnie!! laugh
I'd like it in the VV games too! grin

#207461 - 08/11/09 01:24 AM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: laurence]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Arnie, this is one of the best suggestions I've seen yet. And laurence I'd like that too.

#207463 - 08/11/09 02:26 AM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: Lewanda]
knksmiles Offline
Master

Would be cool for Plant tycoon too. laugh I run a few different games for PT and having a couple of the different nurseries would be nice.

#207511 - 08/12/09 12:40 AM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: *Vanna]
btj Offline

For Virtual Families I'd like to see more house upgrades available also more of an assortment in the store.

I have $40,000. banked and other than buying the same old store items what do you do with it?

#207929 - 08/18/09 10:34 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: knksmiles]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Arthur, if you ever make a VF2 would you PLEASE consider giving us the half-time option for our little families like we have in the villagers games? I'd like to see my families live a bit longer. Thanks again for taking our suggestions into consideration.

#209196 - 09/03/09 03:09 AM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: Lewanda]
MichelleBelle Offline

Here are my suggestions...

1. Bill paying - give the family the options of paying the Electric, Gas, Cable, Phone, Rent, Car Note, Car Insurance, Music Lessons, Dance Lessons,Eating out or making a meal.. ect ect like a real family. There are only so many upgrades and stuff from the store that we can buy.

2. Grandparents - the people in VF die too young.

3. Checking the Mailbox outside of the gate.

4. Interaction between family members - hugs, kisses, talking, playing ect ect..

5. Neighbors

6. An Option to buy a new home

7. Ability to switch out meals.. they eat the same meals over and over

8. Someone suggested a Virtual City, that would be a good idea... also Virtual Beauty shop and Virtual Barber Shop or Virtual Spa.

9. A secret room inside the house. The players have to find clues that will unlock the door to the secret room.

10. A changing room, where the little people can go at night and switch into sleeping gear.

11. Swing set for the VF kids, then they can upgrade to a play area with swings, slides, merry-go-round, monkey bars..

12. Change of seasons! We get rain occasionally, but Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall would be nice. Snow in the Winter, Lot's of sunshine in the Summer, Rain in the Spring, and Falling Leaves in the Fall(with a tree in the yard).

13. With the changing seasons would be a change in activities..Winter(snowboarding, shoveling snow, ice skating, making snow men, wearing Winter gear). Summer(swimming, going to the beach, mowing the grass, BBQing, wearing Summer Gear)ect ect..

14. Holidays - Christmas, Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving

15. The ability to purchase new furniture.

That's all I can think of for now..

Michelle

Oops one more suggestion for a new VF game. Virtual Family Farm!
They can plant, grow, and pick crops, milk the cows, feed the chickens, gather eggs, fleece sheep, ride horses, make repairs to the farm house, buy upgrades(animals, farming equipment, furniture, bigger farm house & land), go swimming in the pond, bail hay. They can also purchase a churn to make butter and cream to sell, or spin wool from the sheep into yarn to make cloth and sell it. A trip to the farmers market would be nice also.

#209273 - 09/03/09 10:24 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: MichelleBelle]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: One of the thirteen colonies
Originally Posted By: MichelleBelle

8. Someone suggested a Virtual City, that would be a good idea... also Virtual Beauty shop and Virtual Barber Shop or Virtual Spa.

You mean like how Animal Crossing made their city in the one for the Wii?

#209413 - 09/05/09 05:29 AM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: halidog]
MichelleBelle Offline

Something like that would be so neat!

#209419 - 09/05/09 01:23 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: MichelleBelle]
Purple Princess Offline
Trainee

Hmm... I guess I could throw in a few suggestions laugh

1. When you buy an outfit, it goes into the 'closet' in the parents room. If you click on the closet, it shows all the clothes you have. (I don't like having to be like 'oh, I love this, but I like what shes already wearing. PASS')

2. There are different things to cook. You open the fridge and it shows everything you have (like carrots, peas, potatos...) and then you put them in the pot to make your own meals!

3. There should be cars. Maybe bikes, too. Then people could go to the park, buy things..

4. You should be able to pay for 'hair dye' that shows up ocassionally in the store. (But you keep the same hair style you already have.)

5. The descriptions should sy things like how tall they are, and what size shoe they wear.

6. Careers should be based on personality. Like, if they like reading, they should have an office job. If they liked playing in the woodshop, the should have a job in there. If their personality doesn't fit, they are assigned jobs randomly.

7. More things to buy in the shops. Its boring to havce the same old things there all the time- especially for those few who are generations in and who have bought everything there.

That's just a few, I will post a few more later. Thanks for taking time out to make the game not only a better place for others, but also a better place for me laugh

#210068 - 09/13/09 01:27 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: MissKathy]
ajuma Offline
Master

Loc: South Korea
And speaking of clothing, wouldn't it be nice to have a variety to choose from? Say make the "store" larger and have one panel for clothes. Once you're up in the big money, clothes are about the only thing you can buy that will use up some of your cash!

#210069 - 09/13/09 01:43 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: ajuma]
kissy06 Offline
Expert

Loc: Christiansburg VA
No kidding! Or be able to buy outfits and keep them, like a closet. My problem would be that it would be filled with Lyssaria's dress! grin

#210273 - 09/16/09 04:43 AM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions
TeaSampler Offline

VF allows for five families... yet when you return to the game after being away, it opens to the last family visit. Wouln't it be better to pick the family firt when the game opens? Just my opinion

#210283 - 09/16/09 11:18 AM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: TeaSampler]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Quote:
Wouln't it be better to pick the family firt when the game opens?

I agree. However, I've seen similar suggestions made in the forums for all the Virtual Villagers games and Plant Tycoon; they were probably also made for Fish Tycoon but I can't recall seeing them.

I can't remember seeing any reply by LDW giving a reason why this does not happen, but I assume that it's not so simple to carry out as it seems. LDW definitely listen to the opinions of users, so if it were fairly easy to implement I'd have thought that we'd have seen this feature before now.

Edited by arnie (09/16/09 11:36 AM)

#210827 - 09/26/09 10:12 PM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: Lewanda]
Beth81 Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I LOVE the suggestions that Lewanda made. My favorites are having the remaining husband/wife live on with the family in a blended family mode. I also like the idea of being able to add on to the house, a nursing bar to see how long the mom has left to go, keeping their old clothes and having a garden. A few of my own suggestions:

- Different skin colors - all different shades
- Being able to pan in and out to view the whole house (I think one of the VVs had this, or maybe all of them, as a Map button) it really bugs me that I can't do this here.

I do LOVE the game though. My favorite is picking out who gets to inherit the house, and then choosing a good partner for them! wink

#210828 - 09/26/09 10:27 PM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: Beth81]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
The skin tone issue has been discussed in detail here. smile (While it was originally intended for Virtual Villagers, it is also applicable to Virtual Families.)
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#210829 - 09/26/09 10:28 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: Lewanda]
Beth81 Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I love the idea for half-time and also 2xtime - some days if I am sick or at home doing nothing for some reason I could play all day and let my computer go at 2X. The other ideas above are all great! What about painting the house? I know you can do that with mods, but it could be something you save for inside the game and have the people do. You could also have them extend the deck, plant flowers, etc - all the home improvements that we ourselves make to our own homes. (OK I am biased towards planting flowers!)

Edited by Beth81 (09/26/09 10:29 PM)

#210845 - 09/27/09 12:50 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: Beth81]
gambitgarrison Offline

Loc: Georgia
Between what the game developers are (no doubt) thinking up and all of the things the game players have suggested, Last Day of Work has enough material to create at least as many installments of Virtual Families games as it has of Virtual Villagers games. Folks at LDW: truly, you have hit on some good and original ideas for games (think of all the games that have popped up mimicing Virtual Villagers and know that the sincerest form of flattery is imitation). My two cents: don't change too much of the dynamics which identify a game as being an LDW creation... however, having a choice in the lay-out and/or decor truly does allow for a more immersive game-playing experience. Whatever you come up with next, I'm sure it will be worth hours upon hours of fun. On that note: what is taking you folks so long with VV4!?!?! Hurry up already! smile

#211324 - 10/07/09 05:15 AM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: Lewanda]
vikki Offline

I totally agree! Would also be nice to pick clothes from their closets and be able to paint the rooms and buy new furniture and rugs for bath, and other parts of the house. Being able to chose your house or fix up the parents house would be amazing....just expand the game! Love your ideas Thank you Victoria

#211551 - 10/13/09 05:48 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: vikki]
renaweir Offline
Adviser

Loc: California
I would like more upgrades for all the rooms and more things to buy. I have millions of dollars even after I buy food, clothing, movies, candies, etc. The game needs more upgrades.

#211810 - 10/20/09 03:20 AM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: renaweir]
Beeky Offline
Trainee

Loc: California
Hello, First, thanks for creating VF! I'm enjoying my second generation in the house. It would be nice if the siblings would come to visit. Or other little friends come over for a sleep-over. smile

I have enjoyed many fun scences when an agitated parent is dealing with an urgent problem, such as an electrical fire, and can't make up his mind what to do. He's bouncing around and you can tell he's frantic and his mind is racing and his poor body can't keep up with his changing decisiouns. That is just genious. well done!

I'm using the game on my iPod Touch, and the store has not refreshed some of it's supplies in the "varied Items" since the last purchase, "20" virutal years ago with the first generation. smile Which means I cannot buy some repair kits to make minor house repairs.

Also, I'd like to see (or have the freedom to modify myself) and move furniture around, have more than one waste basket (no normal person picks up only one wrapper and ignores another as they walk to the trash can).

And I too would love to have pets in the family. I'd love to have one of the kids/dog/cat snuggle with another human (parent or child) at bedtime, or on the sofa. My cat really liked to sit on my computer monitor, and clean her paws, or swish the screen wih her tail. You GOTTA put that in the game! It's not a cat if it ignores the computer! smile

In the iPod app, there are times when what they do is not what the screen says they are doing. For example, it will say a child is washing its hair as it runs out of the house, or is playing with toys in the bedroom.

All in all, I find this an enjyable and very creative game.

Thank you for your work on behalf of this game.

#214981 - 01/09/10 10:10 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: Carla]
horsecrazy123 Offline
Expert

Loc: None of your business, lol
I think that there should be a second VF, with different improvements. It would be cool if the VF people could own a car and drive places, like the grocery, school, etc. It would also be great if the VF pets interacted more, and if they had their own Detail screen. Then you could have more than one, and breed them!!! Also, it would be nice if the kids that had gone off to college could visit their familiesgrinAnd maybe the limit for kids could be 10, and there could be an adoption center were you could adopt kids for your VF family for $1000 each.

#215015 - 01/10/10 07:11 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: horsecrazy123]
Sabre Offline

I just had a thought, it would be cool if you could organise a family reunion (or maybe it could be an event) and the brothers and sisters of your current generations heir would join the family in the house for maybe a few hours. smile

Overall though I'd love to see the family side fleshed out even more in the next one....like having grandparents and having brothers and sisters that pop in to see you....maybe even having some neighbors show up for tea :P

The third final idea is maybe having something similar to the stews in Virtual Villagers but you buy groceries and can make different meals for your family depending on what you put in

I like thinking of ideas so I'll make sure to try and suggest more soon smile

Edited by Sabre (01/10/10 07:20 PM)

#215721 - 01/27/10 05:19 AM Virtual Families "Next Edition"
DPope Offline

i see that there is a 4th virtual villagers being launched. Can you please tell me when the next edition of VIRTUAL FAMILIES will be ready to launch? and will it have more home upgrades, and multi races available? and will we be able to renovate the house and grounds during this next installment?

#215729 - 01/27/10 11:15 AM Re: Virtual Families "Next Edition" [Re: DPope]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

LDW never announce a new product until they start work on coding it. When/if they announce it, it will appear on the Previews Page. To save you looking, there's no VF2 there at the moment. I imagine that they are busy with VV4 at this time.

Even when they announce a new product, they won't give any hints as to what it contains.

#216267 - 02/09/10 06:48 AM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: *Vanna]
Mont Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Must say I agree with Lewanda 100%.....those ideas would lift VF to even greater heights

#216734 - 02/17/10 02:31 AM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2
Jhanny Offline
Adviser

Loc: Los Angeles, California
Hi,
My friend (she doesn't have a LDW account), she has VF, but she is having some problems with it (not like bugs) Here is a list of suggestions she would like me to share with you all (I don't know if it's possible, she has a vivid imagination x])
She would like. . .
– To be able to let her peeps play outside on the side walk, or there be a travel station to be able to go to the park
– For her peeps to be able to open and close the gate (no mods)

#216860 - 02/19/10 07:37 AM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: Jhanny]
skipper45mn Offline
Expert

Loc: minnesota
I too would like to see many of the things already suggested. However, being able to closet the clothes we buy I don't think that would be a very easy thing to accomplish. But then I am not a programmer so who knows maybe it can be done quite easily. But then again what would we spend our money on once we have gotten everything else???

What I would like to see is as follows:
1.A progression of the upgrades(ie a progression of tvs with the
big screen tv being the last in group) and do the same for all the other items.

2.The more realistic bill paying would be nice they could be maybe set up as a once a month random email event or spit up into 2 or 3 email events that occur sometime in a monthly period.

3.I would like to see upgrades to the bathrm/laundryrm, kids room and master bedroom, living room. They could have 3 levels and would become available once the third career room(ie, once the 3rd level kitchen is bought than that section would be taken over by say the living room with 3 levels to it and so on)

4.Since the bugs only show up when it rains and no other time I would like to see only the bugs when it rains. It is very frustrating when it rains and I get everything but bugs. I don't know but it seems to me if you can set the randomness so bugs only come when it rains you should be able to prevent the coins and other collectibles from showing up when it rains.

5.I don't know if anyone else has ever noticed this but I have. When you start initially or when you choose the next generation the one you adopt levels of energy and fed are slightly higher than that of the spouse you select. Also the spouse seems to lose energy quicker and gets hungrier sooner and doesn't gain energy back after an nap or reading a magazine at the same rate as the initial adoptee does. So would be nice to see that adjusted.

6.A backyard play area for the kids that can be purchased and upgraded would be nice too I would rather have that than the bird house personally.

7.A way to keep the grandparents in the family would be nice too. Perhaps there would be a way to purchase an addition room in the upgrade screen that could become the room for grandma or grandpa or both once the game reaches a stage where it is time to pass the house to the next generation.

8.I would like to see things like make-up, deoderant, toothpaste, shaving cream, razors and the like since our peeps are always doing these activities in the bathroom anyway. so if we had a cupboard in the bathroom like the fridge in the kitchen that when you click on it tells you how many units of toiletries you have on hand so you could buy them when needed even if it was done like the groceries where we bought a bag of assorted items.

guess that is about all I can think of right now. And of course I agree with most all the other suggestions that have been made by others.

#217573 - 02/23/10 05:54 PM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: skipper45mn]
Jozy Offline
Trainee

Loc: Canada! :D
I would love to be able to buy two perfect bananas, or three delicious candies! 'You already have this!' is not helpful if I have two 'a bit weak' family members who both could use multivitamins! What am I supposed to do, give my favorite one the vitamins and forget about the other hoping she gets well soon?

#218643 - 02/28/10 06:18 AM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: Jozy]
Phoeniix Offline

I Don't know if this was mentioned but something weird happened.

When one of my family members died i had a choice From Logan, Waki, Tyrese, and Zarya. Zarya was the baby of the family but when i chose it said that Logan was 23 and Zarya was 26. IMPOSSIBLE..

another. When you start a new gen. It would be cool if one of your sisters, brothers died and you got an email about it. and a page saying saldy your brother/siter [name] died.

in the email it says please pay [amount] to help pay for the casket.

#219291 - 03/05/10 08:48 AM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: Phoeniix]
Zelena Offline
Adviser

Loc: Bucharest, Romania
I agree with Lewanda and would like too:
- get the collectibles only when rains, like this the other time I can watch the family and train it,
- to have the possibility to keep more things from the shop, if I like one dress to be able to keep more than one,
- the age when the parents die,

Whenever you set out to do something, something else must be done first.

#220762 - 03/28/10 03:20 PM Re: VF2 suggestions [Re: horsecrazy123]
spinnything Offline
Adviser

I would like for kids to be able to dig for buried treasure and find more collectibles.

#220764 - 03/28/10 03:49 PM Re: VF2 suggestions [Re: spinnything]
Mbee Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Zuid-Holland
a vacation to the islands of Isola, that would be neat

#221033 - 04/08/10 03:40 AM Re: VF2 suggestions [Re: Mbee]
supervv4 Offline

Hi! New here but i want a power generator (incase there is a brownout).

#222001 - 05/18/10 02:13 PM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: *Vanna]
beybey Offline

Loc: NJ , USA

Greetings All,
I have been playing Vf and VV for a little while now. My first game of VF was deleted because I tried to install some mods.All of my families had at least $30,000 in the bank. I have started another game and have just about finished buying all of the items in the store. I am thinking about taking my PC to "Geeks" so I don't loose this game. My question is: Is it possible to add the Mod's from our players list to the store? This would also expand the game play by adding more goals to reach. Players can use the money in the bank to make improvements on the house, instead of just storing up money.The livingroom, children's bedroom, bathroom, laundry room and outside areas could also have a change. Since the mods are already posted it should be a little easier to incorporate them into the program. You could run a contest to see which mods players would like to upgrade to.We could play forever!

#222003 - 05/18/10 04:05 PM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: beybey]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

That's a nice idea, but I fear it would prove too difficult to implement. To quote LDW:
Quote:
These modifications (or Mods) have all been created by users and are not supported by LDW. Use these modifications at your own risk. If using them causes problems for your game, please do not request support from LDW.

In addition, even if the mods were tested by LDW and approved in some way, there would have to be additional coding added to enable their choice and installation. I know that some programs support the installation of new "skins", so it's not impossible, but most mods are fairly graphics-heavy and would prove difficult to cater for. I'm not a programmer, but I guess that the addition of such a feature would make the coding more complicated, and possibly cause other problems. In addition, mods created by different people would need merging so they didn't clash; that can really only be sorted out by manual installation, and if necessary asking for help on the forums.

Don't let that put you off installing mods, though! Provided you're careful about backing up your files and following the rest of the installation Instructions (shown for VF, but those for VV are similar) you should be able to use them successfully. You shouldn't lose your game because of problems installing any mods; the savegame files are kept in a separate place, and you should have kept a back up in any case! If all else fails you can ask for help in the game's forum, and I'm sure someone will be able to help you speedily.

#222194 - 05/30/10 11:12 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: Sweetz]
VFLover09 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: North Carolina
Here's what I'd like to see in VF2:

-A hair salon to change their hair style. Maybe rare hair styles could be more expensive.
-Maybe family could come visit every once in a while.
-Maybe if the baby is a girl it could have a pink blanket and if it's a boy it could have a blue blanket.
-Maybe you could baby-sit their neighbor's kid(s)

#222256 - 06/03/10 08:29 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: VFLover09]
VFLover09 Offline
Consigliere

I forgot something and it's too late to edit it so:

- In the images file instead of (i.e. "MapX2Y2") where it has part of one room and part of another maybe rooms could be seperate in the images file. If that is possible.

Edited by VFLover09 (06/03/10 08:30 PM)

#222265 - 06/04/10 07:15 AM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: VFLover09]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Or each room have a full-sized png upgrade so that those of us who like to play around with mods would have an easier time of mixing and matching. smile

I DEFINITELY want a Virtual Families 2!

#222274 - 06/04/10 05:42 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: MissKathy]
VFLover09 Offline
Consigliere

Exactly what I was trying to say!

#222311 - 06/06/10 12:20 AM Re: VF2 suggestions [Re: supervv4]
twilightluv Offline
Trainee

I want to see a guy with blue eyes and longish, Justin Bieber like hair. the blue eyes look good on the people!

#222523 - 06/12/10 02:22 PM Re: VF2 suggestions
The Chief Offline
Adviser

Loc: VA
I want VF2 to have an option of more than six kids. Or, have Baby Tycoon where your goal is to have kids, or just to babysit them.

#223047 - 07/02/10 03:04 AM Re: VF2 suggestions [Re: The Chief]
Elisa725 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Berkeley, CA
I want to see 4 things:

1) A school room (who doesn't?)

2) VF college (just saying!)

3) A hospital, or a place for the sick, etc. (just saying!)

4) A nursery home (for ze elderlee XD )

+

All other stuff mentioned

#223078 - 07/03/10 02:58 AM Re: VF2 suggestions [Re: Elisa725]
chocolatechip Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Being chased by angry igaunas
First of, I LOVE all of Lewanda's suggestions. I think that there should be a
proposals from other people's VF families as long as they are not the Heirs to the next generation. Like If my Heir gets an marriage proposal from someone's
family. The form is just like the other one except it says The player's username,
What generation, and amount of siblings. I also want MORE EVENTS! I don't like how they have to wait like 2 years to have another kid! I also think that there should be about three different house models you can chose from. I also wish that there was a doll house for the little girls. And I if there happpens to be a school room ( I love that idea, Elisa!) Then they should have smart levels like the careers! Gotta go and fight the dust bunnies!

Avvi by AR

#223085 - 07/03/10 06:41 AM Re: VF2 suggestions [Re: chocolatechip]
Zaboo Offline
Adviser

Loc: Singapore
My suggestion for VF2:
1. I can change the people hairstyle
2. Allow the people to paint their house
3. Have a school (for their kid) and a hospital( for the sick).
4. Have a sea beside the house and a net for fishing.

#223096 - 07/03/10 06:50 PM Re: VF2 suggestions [Re: Zaboo]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere in NC
Originally Posted By: Zaboo
My suggestion for VF2:
1. I can change the people hairstyle
2. Allow the people to paint their house
3. Have a school (for their kid) and a hospital( for the sick).
4. Have a sea beside the house and a net for fishing.

I love all these and to add to number 4:

And maybe Dads and sons can go fishing together sitting on a dock

#223099 - 07/03/10 08:27 PM Re: VF2 suggestions [Re: Havetia]
Lead Tester

I hope there will be a Virtual Families 2! In the meantime Zaboo, if you'd like your house a different color, Krystal made 6 different colors to choose from. You can view them here. Lyssaria also did one in white for a new house that she did for vfmacfan here.

#223506 - 07/20/10 10:51 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: *Vanna]
Kikiann11 Offline
Expert

Loc: NJ
I would love it if once you completed all the trophies/ challenges, there could be a new set!

#223511 - 07/20/10 11:37 PM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: MissKathy]
petenpete Offline
Adviser

Loc: Manhattan, KS
VF2 suggestions, eh? I love VF as it is & have lots of fun w/ the mods if I feel like shaking things up a little on my end. But on the developers end, I have a couple/three suggestions:

1. I think I agree that a little more interaction between the peeps & pets would be fun.
a. The nice, normal types interactions:
i. pet
ii. feed
iii. name the dog/cat/turtle.

b. Maybe add a few "naughty" things the little ones could do with their pet:
i. Chase the pet
ii. TRY to tug on the pet's tail. Mind you TRY would be the operative word. The little one wouldn't actually do it - because they couldn't catch/find the pet &/or for another, the "guiding hand" (aka the player) could/would stop them, just like when we catch them drawing on the wall or playing in the dirt. And naturally, it would be a behavior that they would stop/outgrow when they get to be 14 anyway.

2. Maybe occasionally have a little one skin their knee or need a mom or daddy to "kiss a booboo/bump on the head" something along those lines. I love it when the little one wants attention & you can get the parent to tell a story or tickle them.

#223515 - 07/21/10 01:26 AM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: petenpete]
Kikiann11 Offline
Expert

1. Education levels so that the kids have somthing to work towards.
2.House selection. Maybe have 5 houses with different layouts that you can pick.
3. See other people! Meet your neighbours/ friends, and maybe have parties.
4. Allow relatoves to visit and have peep's aunts/ uncles visit.
5. Have more moods, like angry/ irratated.
6. Let nursing mothers work! /put the baby in a playpen!
7. Have mothers be "pregnant" for 9 months of game time, then have them hold the baby.
8. More interaction with the pets!
9. Once you unlock all upgrades/ trophies, have a new set!
10. Have new room additions, such as a nursery or brekfast nook.
11. Be able to see dead family members' stats.
12. Have a basement. I don't know why, but it would be nice.
13. Change their hairstyles!
14. Allow children to have friends/ email them/ invite them over.
15. Being able to see my peeps at college! I miss them and want to see them grow up!
16. Have the option to send the old peeps to the nursing home.

#224130 - 08/09/10 03:01 AM Just a suggestion
Boblina Offline
Trainee

I was just thinkin nd thot u shuld be able to have evey pet
anyne else agree with this?

#224802 - 09/12/10 12:08 AM Question for LDW!!
Antheia Offline
Adviser

Loc: The USA
I was wondering if you all at LDW have any plans for VF to be on the Nintendo DS. The thing is, my parents are sick of me dwnloading games to my computer, and want me t stick to my Wii and DS. Do you have an plans for VF on the Wii or DS? It is my favorite game!

#224816 - 09/13/10 09:58 AM Re: Question for LDW!! [Re: Antheia]
Zmaaran Offline

I would like to see the same features available on the iPad version, as is on the pc version. Most particularly, day/ night graphics and multiple families. The prices of the two version are comparable, so the content should also be the same.

#224823 - 09/14/10 10:47 AM Re: Question for LDW!! [Re: Zmaaran]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

I know that day/night graphics and multiple families had to be removed from the iPod/iPhone versions because of lack of memory problems on those platforms. The iPad of course has better graphics and more memory, so LDW might be able to improve the iPad version in the future, although I am certainly no expert.

I'm not sure what you mean about the prices being comparable, though. The iPad version of VF is $3.99, whereas the PC version is $19.95.

#225000 - 09/25/10 08:52 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: PlayAtWork]
scootdiddly:) Offline

it would be really cool if the ipod touch/phone got an update, here is a list of things that would make this game be better then it already is:

1) Name kids

2) More custumizable options

3)More pets,

4) More clothes, furniture

Thank you and please take these ideas into consideration

#225321 - 10/17/10 04:54 AM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions
thena Offline

The following are my suggestions for Virtual Families
To make things a little more realistic, there could be a period of time (maybe 5-10min) before the baby is born when the mom's stomach expands rapidly, and then there could be a 30s labor after which the baby pops out and everyone celebrates.
A town where there was a school, hospital, factory (instead of workshop), bistro (instead of kitchen careers) and office would be nice.
If there was a town, the mom could go to hospital to have the baby. The doctor's consultation could be given in the hospital, as well as the baby boost. Kids could fall off the playground swings, break a leg, get taken to hospital and come home with a cast and crutches.
Does anyone have other suggestions to make Virtual Families more realistic?

#225439 - 10/28/10 11:06 AM Re: next installment [Re: Rozzy47]
Rozzy47 Offline

Loc: SC, USA
I would love to see the VF's order pizza or check the mailbox but I'll take whatever LDW has to offer. smile

#225442 - 10/28/10 02:40 PM Re: next installment [Re: Rozzy47]
kissy06 Offline
Expert

Loc: Christiansburg VA
Oh, I would adore that Rozzy! I think making the next VF a little more customizable would be cool. Furniture store, flooring store, stuff like that. So we could make the house ours without mods laugh

#225443 - 10/28/10 04:21 PM Re: next installment [Re: kissy06]
Jenny23 Offline
Master

I would like for them to have a phone, whether it be a land line, or each person having their own cell phone after reaching a certain age level, say 14, when they go from child to adult ability status.

#226943 - 01/06/11 09:38 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: PlayAtWork]
Geebeeweebles Offline
Trainee

I would like it if on the iPad version you could have multiple families. You can on VV for iPad.
It would also be nice if the newborn baby could go in a cot or similar, to save the nursing mother do everything with the baby.

Im really enjoying this game! On my second Gen laugh

#226988 - 01/07/11 11:30 AM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: PlayAtWork]
Winx Club Offline

In VF2, I would like to be able to choose/change my floor tile (Have as many options as possible like flora design etc.) Be able to buy some toys/acessories (like milk bottle, floor mat, puzzles etc.) for small little children. We can also call for fast food deliveries(like Burger King, Pizza Hut etc.).

#227073 - 01/08/11 09:42 AM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: PlayAtWork]
Shahidecc Offline

Hi,

I think they should created a sequel for Virtual Families. They should have schools, shopping centres, park for them to exercise etc... in the vicinity of the our virtual home and we can actually choose where we want them to go and we can monitor them and decide what they do in those places. If they exercise daily, after a while, we can actually see their tummies getting smaller. We can choose who will go where (e.g. The mother will go marketing, the father will go exercing and their children will watch television at home. If the mother is is carrying her baby, she will bring the baby along with her to the supermarket. If the mother is pregent she will either go marketing, shopping centre or sent her sons and daughters to school and will not be able to go exercising. They should allow us to choose the design for our virtual home. Also, rather than keeping a white clot in hand as the baby, I want the mom to be prgnant and the child should not only cared by mom but Dad, siblings,etc. There should be sometimes guests in th house. Children must bring in other friends of them sometimes. When next generation comes we shouldn't force the living parent out. They should also stay with them and se their grandchildren.

#227076 - 01/08/11 12:14 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: Shahidecc]
Tamarinde Offline
Trainee

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi fellow-VF players,
Nice to see this topic goes on with recent posts, it sure is a lasting love ey? blush

I would really LOVE expension pack or see VF2 coming out!
Am again playing the game, after 'forgetting' about it for a year inbetween, and still like it very much.

I don't share the suggestions made about adding complete buildings like hospital, shopping centre, school etc. It would turn the game more into a 'second-life' virtual reality game. I love those, but that's just a whole other categorie.
I think VF should remain 'close to home'. It's the 'escape from reality' that makes this game so lovely and relaxing for me.
But,instead of those complete buildings, it would be really neat to have just the 'entrance' to other spaces/buildings at the sides of the screen where our friends could 'go'.

What I really CRAVE for in VF is: more things to buy, options for decorating (other than the room-upgrades)and more interaction possibilities.
All of this has been mentioned before in this thread, and in very creative detail, so I'll say no more... (oh but I do need to say the ideas about phones, interaction with pets+name them, chores+friends for the kids and a little playground in the yard make me long for a VF2 even more!) whistle

One last remark: I share the 'complaints' about the bug-collection! Still having to complete one collection after all this time can be fun, but please give us some more bugs while it's raining! Zooming around in that nasty weather for 5 minutes finding only the one zillionest worm gets tedious...after a year or so crazy

I hope LDW can post something about future plans, now that VV5 has come out (playing that one too of course!). Just so we know if we may hope for something or just better let go of it for a year or so. ??

Greetz, Tamarinde

#227105 - 01/08/11 06:55 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: Tamarinde]
Kikiann11 Offline
Expert

See, I think too many customization options would turn it into the Sims, but I may be wrong. I wish that there was more to do after generation 6 or so, when you have tons of money and all the upgrades. I get really bored, then give them tons of food and leave for a month. I wish there were "tasks" or things to buy that were a) Uber expensive or b)You could only unlock after a certain period of time. I also with our peeps could have "friends" that you could select, but not control that the peeps could interact with. :-)

#227504 - 01/11/11 11:26 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: Kikiann11]
Whimsey Offline
Expert

Loc: New Hampshire, USA
I'm down to playing only one VF family, now that I have VV5, haha. But I still have fun checking in on them at least once a day, to check the food level, make sure no one's sick, help them get promotions, etc. And look forward to each generation--I sometimes pick a special goal for the generations, like only working in the kitchen, or selecting for blonds.
But hey, they *do* have a closet..can't they keep the clothes I buy for them?? They are expensive enough, and I like to change the clothes. I have a few favorites, and would like to be able to build a good wardrobe.

#228206 - 01/30/11 07:14 AM A new VF?
PortraitWords Offline

Please please let there be a new Virtual Families game! There are so many Virtual Villagers, and I am just dying for a new Virtual Families. It's pretty much perfect as it is, but how nice would it be if we could, say, buy new tiles and wallpaper? Or change the children's bed sheets? (They all look like girly beds to me)

Also they should interact with the pets, and we should buy them doggy/kitty/turtle food

Plus I'd be really excited to see what LDW comes up with =)
*hopeful* grin

I'm so addicted to this game.

I'm also wondering the story behind Last Day of Work. Like where'd they get their ideas, etc. Just interested in this company (and the name of it) Does anyone know? I tried google, but couldn't really find anything. I think Last Day of Work is the coolest name =p

Edited by Xay (01/30/11 07:51 AM)
Edit Reason: combined consecutive posts

#228210 - 01/30/11 07:35 AM Re: A new VF? [Re: PortraitWords]
swedane Offline
Master

Here you can read about the team that makes up LDW: Last Day of Work: The Team

#228212 - 01/30/11 07:45 AM Re: A new VF? [Re: swedane]
PortraitWords Offline

Thank you! I love to know these things =)
I am really enjoying these games.

Edited by PortraitWords (01/30/11 07:46 AM)

#228227 - 01/30/11 08:44 PM Re: A new VF? [Re: PortraitWords]
swedane Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: PortraitWords
Thank you! I love to know these things =)
It makes for good consumerism.
Originally Posted By: PortraitWords
I am really enjoying these games.
Me too. laugh

#228403 - 02/05/11 07:09 PM Re: A new VF? [Re: swedane]
VFLover09 Offline
Consigliere

Just thought of more while reading this thread. grin

- When you drop one of your peeps on the stove to cook a meal it should give you an option of what you want your peeps to eat or even order takeout. For example Pizza for your family is $30 depending on how big the family is.
- For the farm, maybe you could buy seeds for veggies for like... $20, plant them, and harvest them in an hour. It would be a great way to save money for your peeps. smile
- You could even buy plants for your peeps to enjoy like upgrades do.

#229865 - 06/15/11 11:07 PM Re: A new VF? [Re: VFLover09]
Seashall Offline
Trainee

Loc: Sydney
Hi! I know this post hasn't been touched in a while but I'd juts like to add on what would be really good VF2 (If there is one! frown ). Lot's of people I have noticed would like to have grandparents. I don't know if anyone has voiced this but how about when the grandparents turn 60, then you can get someone else to inherit the house and the grandparents can either be sent to a nursing home or stay on in the house until their 70 when they die or something?

#229866 - 06/16/11 12:54 AM Re: A new VF? [Re: Seashall]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Grandparents have been a very popular suggestion for Virtual Families. laugh

#229877 - 06/16/11 01:23 PM Re: A new VF? [Re: LadyCFII]
IzzyJ5 Offline
Adviser

I love the idea of a VF farm!

#230031 - 07/10/11 03:56 PM InThe future of VF
Geebeeweebles Offline
Trainee

Hey.

I want to know, what things you would like to see on vf in the future.
I will list some that i would like:

More interactions with pets.
Lots more stuff to buy for house upgrades
Mods which come with the game; instead of having to download them. Maybe you could paint your walls, if a can of paint popped up in the stall?

So what do you want?

#230032 - 07/10/11 05:26 PM Re: InThe future of VF [Re: Geebeeweebles]
DPope Offline

In addition to your list:

ability to create Multi racial families - main priority
Ability to purchase Bigger homes
More outside living upgrades - patios, decks, outdoor kitchens, water features
When grilling families should be able to eat what was grilled as a meal
Ability to add rooms to existing homes
Ability to adopt kids whenever you want

#230057 - 07/20/11 08:38 AM Re: InThe future of VF [Re: DPope]
Lead Tester

Hi DPope. Welcome to the forums. smile Have you checked out the Mod Forum for Virtual Families? There are a number of patios available. Click here to visit the VF Mod Forum and browse through the many pages of player-created mods. They're pretty awesome! smile I recommend using the forums Search feature instead though, and then click on Advanced, set it to search Virtual Families Mods, keyword search terms patio and clear out all references to dates older than/newer than. Much faster! smile

There's also been a number of very informative discussions on multi-racial families and diversity for VF (Many of us players would LOVE that). smile If you're interested you can find one such discussion here. In particular there is a post from Carla on the second page that is very informative. smile

#230614 - 01/07/12 06:44 PM Re: InThe future of VF [Re: MissKathy]
txmom2 Offline
Consigliere

My suggestion is that when the house is empty, collectibles don't appear. My sister just had a rare collectible, an uncommon collectible and two common collectibles with no one to pick it up. There was the cat... hey! How about letting the pets pick up collectibles! Also, if the house is empty, there shouldn't be emails (who are you sending the email to, anyway?). And where do all the socks come from while the house is empty? The cat? xD Just some suggestions.

#230752 - 02/05/12 04:50 PM Re: InThe future of VF [Re: txmom2]
spygirl2 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Florida
My five families on my laptop have all the upgrades and home improvements available, and most of the collections. Please add more item to upgrade or improve. My money is accumulating with nothing to spend it on.
My recommendations also
Being able to interact with my pets
Adopting whenever
More things to collect
Live longer, but with the ability to change generations after 70.
You make people in their fifties and sixties look and act very old -- I am very young and vibrant at 64! Insulting!
At the table, the two people sitting on the end take much longer than the others - 3 x longer, please fix this glitch.

#230828 - 02/16/12 02:02 AM Re: InThe future of VF [Re: spygirl2]
crosstitcher Offline
Expert

Loc: w. Tn
Ok. I have bought ALL the Virtual Villagers games. NOW I want to do the Virtual Family series.
Is it LIKE the Vlillagers games? Do you have kids to FIND collectibles? Hpw does this game DIFER from playing the Villagers games?

Happy gaming in VVLAND.

#230829 - 02/16/12 02:17 AM Re: InThe future of VF [Re: crosstitcher]
Lead Tester

In my opinion, there are some similarities in that there are collectibles (but anyone can pick them up) and there are trophies to complete. Otherwise, they are very different. Download the demo and give it a whirl! smile And know that if you decide to purchase it, if you buy it from LDW you will have access to the images folder and thus be able to take advantage of the many, MANY mods that other players have created for the game.

#230836 - 02/17/12 02:42 PM Re: InThe future of VF [Re: crosstitcher]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Yes, there are a lot of similarities. The mechanics of gameplay are very similar, as is the style of the artwork and the look of the peeps (hardly surprising since it looks like the same artist). Anyone familiar with VV will pick up how to play VF in a few minutes.

The main difference is of course the fact that you are only looking after one family (up to eight peeps in total) whereas in VV you look after a whole tribe. That's not so easy as it sounds, though! smile

#230899 - 02/26/12 12:56 AM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: Tamarinde]
Skyey2000 Offline

#231341 - 05/02/12 10:00 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: Skyey2000]
Virtual Livin' Offline

Originally Posted By: Skyey2000

This was supposed to be out for purchase already. Are they still making it or is it not being made?

#231344 - 05/02/12 10:15 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: Virtual Livin']

That is the date we announced that we are making the game - not that it has been released yet. You'll notice the game progress bar is currently at 80%. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#231349 - 05/03/12 03:37 AM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: Xay]
cburgavonlady1 Offline

Is there just 1 screenshot of VF 2? i read somewhere there was a different screenshot on the forums.

#231352 - 05/03/12 06:56 AM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: cburgavonlady1]

This post has another screenshot of the game (for those who wish to view it). smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#231354 - 05/04/12 12:14 AM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: Xay]
cburgavonlady1 Offline

COOOOOOL. THANKS.

#231357 - 05/04/12 08:54 AM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: cburgavonlady1]
Shahidecc Offline

Hey there Heather, the wait is becoming too much now. I have been seeing the 80% bar for a month now. Can't wait anymore. Could you please hurry up a bit. PLEASE. It's May already!

#231358 - 05/04/12 01:16 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: Shahidecc]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

I warned about getting hopes too high for an early release in a post in the other thread, here.

#231360 - 05/04/12 06:45 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: arnie]
angelbonzo Offline
Adviser

Loc: United Kingdom
hello everyone this is my first post for a long time!! im now very excited about the VF2 news!! hopefully more screenshots will appear soon :):)

#231367 - 05/08/12 06:16 AM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: angelbonzo]
Shahidecc Offline

Still no news? I am skipping breaths now!! Please be fast.

#231529 - 06/28/12 09:21 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: PlayAtWork]
Sherry4803 Offline

Loc: near Eugene, Oregon USA
I understand you are developing a Virtual Families 2. Great! I just started playing your Virtual Families, and I love the game, but I hate the idea of the people dying in the game when they get old. I suggest that in VF2, you have a "Retired" announcement for each spouse. When both spouses have retired, at, say age 60, they are given the option of remaining in the house until one or both dies, or moving to a retirement community (In the USA, this would probably be "Arizona" or "Florida," states where many people retire). That way they would not have to "die." I find it depressing when people younger than I am are dying of old age, and I'm not that old! This would make things much more enjoyable for us older folks who love your games, and I think it would help your business.

Update: The other day I lost my first adoptee, "Mary." I had made sure she was happily married, had lots of healthy food, enjoyed her work, etc. She was always "elated" and very healthy on the health scale. I woke up in the morning, turned on the game, and she was dead. I uninstalled the game.

#231545 - 07/04/12 11:58 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: Sherry4803]
Wolfsfire Offline

Please, please, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez upgrade/update/something Virtual Families!!! I've been playing this for quite a while but I've bought everything, fixed everything, done everything and getting somewhat bored! Help us or one morning you will turn on the game and find ALL of us dead!
smirk cry

#231774 - 09/20/12 03:07 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: Wolfsfire]
Gigip Offline

I would like a VF that had the seasons change. Think of the fun with snowstorms (shoveling), Autumn (raking leaves) etc.

#231795 - 09/30/12 08:29 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: Gigip]
spygirl2 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Florida
I play VF on one desktop, two laptops, and one tablet, and the computers have 5 families each (I have insomnia), yet not one family has gotten all the Collections! And, I have had families that were in their 23rd generation! So, please, on VF2 please make it easier to get all the items, to be able to have the ability to purchase other collectibles if yours are complete, and to buy modifications to rooms and acreage instead of going crazy doing it through the registry. I also would love the ability to adopt when I want, to have more than 6 kids if I want, to not look old at 45!!!, to not die so young, to be able to add a wing to my house so that my children can get married and stay (like they do in real life!) with their ability to work and have kids, and have the ability for the widow or widower to go to a wing of the house and give the house to a child to marry and have kids (but the parent can stay until they die). Also why can't the widow get remarried?? I know it's an option if they never had kids, but they should have that ability all the time. Also I want to have more than one pet and be able to play with it. And be able to buy other furniture or accessories.

#231830 - 10/15/12 10:25 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: spygirl2]
delphi33 Offline

How can I one get into beta testing? I have played and finished all the games and signed up for each of the test on my phone and laptop... last may when I discovered the new games. Is there something else that can help me be apart of the tests?

PS. Do they have an estimated release date? Early next year?

#231835 - 10/16/12 12:15 AM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: delphi33]

Both this FAQ answer and this post have information about becoming a beta tester. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#231837 - 10/16/12 09:46 AM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: Xay]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

It might be a good idea to rewrite the Beta test FAQ/application so that device information other than Windows/Mac OS can be included, especially since LDW seem to be concentrating more on bringing out games for iOS and Android platforms.

#231840 - 10/17/12 01:57 AM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: arnie]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
I've been trying to find time to update the beta test application for over a year. shocked I'll get it done, but it might not be for a while.

#231844 - 10/17/12 08:42 AM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: LadyCFII]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

I'm pretty sure that I've mentioned it before (probably over a year ago). smile If I keep nagging will it help get it updated quicker, or will it act like the green hand used too often and have the opposite effect? wink

#231877 - 10/27/12 02:31 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: arnie]
gamer158 Offline
Trainee

Seeing that you are taking your time with game development (no problem with that) i have my suggestions for Virtual Families 2.
Put from simples to most difficult (in my opinion):

1.Make homes more customizable (with in-game things, fan-made mods are something aside):
a.I think that when you buy an upgrade or new artifact, there should be different models (idea taken from games like Gardenscapes)
b.Customize rooms with things like wallpapers, pictures, indoor and outdoor plants. (e.g.: you can put an bubble, leaf, fire, etc-themed wallpaper in the bedroom, pictures of things like fish)
These things don't have a function aside of decoration. Everything for in-game money, obviously.

2. NPCs (is that the appropriate name for this thing?):
Like the heathens in VV5, these persons can't be influenced directly (no click-and-drag), but can be indirectly with help of your people. Put someone with someone and they will make something such as play games or talk and the like.
More ideas about this:
+ make a "friendship" stat(kind of akin to "faith"), one for each member of your family, the more friendship, they will do a higher variety of actions (such as becoming a boy/girlfriend).
+ when you put put two people together, put some commands (>play video games, >play tag, >talk, >etc)(more like buttons, less like command lines)

3. When someone dies and you choose to continue with the next generation, the previous owner(the other,non dead one) should continue in the house.

4. Same-sex relationships OMG WHO SAID THAT?!? it wasnt me.

5. Family members being able to exit (temporary) the house:
It's kind of the pressing having persons trapped in home all their lives, so:
- People exit the map, you wait for them to come back (maybe a timer will be needed)
- Multiple maps, such as work, school, friend houses, park. When someone exits a map, enters into other. I am aware that this one is a lot more job compared to the other one.

6. Instead of making a bigger property, just make a small one with a house that has multiple floors. You can change floors with a button of the screen or the keyboard.

#231882 - 10/30/12 12:22 AM Virtual Families 2 behavior
anthony20tyu Offline

I think the Parent AI should also be able to punish and discourage certain Movments.

#231885 - 10/30/12 10:35 AM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: gamer158]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

It looks like your suggestion for NPCs has already been implemented in VF2, gamer158; if you look at the screenshot on the Facebook site it shows builders doing work in the house.

#232322 - 01/18/13 06:02 AM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: PlayAtWork]
AndreaP Offline

I definitely have a few suggestions for VF2 smile For starters, I really think they need to have a "Time Out" corner in the house (or even a "Time Out" chair you can purchase from the beginning). I know the Salty Candy is supposed to be very effective for stopping bad behavior, but I don't think it works that well- nor does the scolding hand. My kids go crazy! HA! Also, I think you should be able to store more items in your tool tray, including duplicate items so you can stock up on candies & stuff. I think it would be a great idea to have some "necessities" available at all times (that are only offered in the Flea Market now)....like the different candies & snacks. I would LOVE to have these things! I think it would make the game more enjoyable. Thanks!

#232323 - 01/18/13 10:15 AM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: AndreaP]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

I agree with the suggestion to be able to buy duplicate items from the flea market. Just because you've already bought a particular item there is no logical reason why you shouldn't want another, if it appears again in the market.

#232380 - 01/28/13 12:54 AM Re: Virtual Families 2 behavior [Re: anthony20tyu]
StarWarrior72 Offline

I think it would be really cool if there was an easter egg wherein, you name a character after a book character, and, if they look similar enough, someone like the book character's fictional spouse, with the same name, will ask to marry them. Then they will have the kids that the characters had. After they've had all the kids that the characters had, they'll start having random kids, as usual. I know that there would be copyright issues, but JK Rowling at least (I've heard) will let you get away with anything, as long as she likes it. She'd probably think that a Harry Potter Virtual Family was hysterical!

Some suggestions for books that would totally be worth doing...
Harry Potter
Star Wars
The Hunger Games
Yeah, stuff that's popular.

Another idea, in Virtual Villagers, you can set the speed for different things, which you couldn't do in VF (not so sure about VF2). Maybe you could speed up special events, like emails and chance cards?

Maybe it could also be less of a chance to adopt people? Maybe there could be a little tab for adopting kids for your family?

#232393 - 01/29/13 10:50 AM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: PlayAtWork]
StarWarrior72 Offline

I'd really like to see an option to make my family vegetarian. I mean, if I keep them from meat in this game, it's possible, but I can never meet all the trophies' criteria.

Also, could we maybe have a choice to have the father care for babies sometimes? I hate having a strong, independant woman who gets depressed because she didn't have a husband, so I let her get married, then they want kids, so they get kids, and then I'm looking at her going "You were so smart! Now you can't do anything!"
I mean, the guy could get baby formula from the fridge, and there's nothing else a mother does for her kid that a male can't do. (Post-birth, of course)

Edited by StarWarrior72 (01/29/13 10:57 AM)
Edit Reason: New idea

#232506 - 02/10/13 05:39 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: StarWarrior72]
RaggDoll Offline

Loc: OR
ok, I am reading and reading. I don't have an iphone, ipad, ipod or am I likely to. I have my laptop and I am good with that. I have vv1 thru 5 and vf nd pt and ft. I have been a fan for quite a while. I would like to see vf 2 for the pc. Either an expansion or a new game. I just am not going to buy some over priced apple product to play games. I have an android, but the So please vf 2 for pc... pleeeeaaaasssseeee.

#232574 - 02/23/13 11:59 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: RaggDoll]
Hallinandez Offline

I'd love to see the furniture placement tweaked, as it feels very clunky and clumsy to place stuff, and sometimes (mainly in the 2nd bedroom) doesn't allow you to place items right up against the wall, which leaves it sitting out from the wall by quite some distance. This would be great to address as it really limits designing nice rooms.

And also just more choice, more items, especially sofas, cabinets, wardrobes, rugs, it would be amazing to be able to change the wall colours and flooring.

#233919 - 05/09/13 06:59 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: Hallinandez]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
I feel lonely for my little people, because they rarely interact with one another. There's a small interaction when they marry, and another one when they make a baby, and that's about it.

I'd love to see the ability for two kids to play together or for adults to be able to do something (besides make a baby :D) together. One thing that both adults and kids can do, that's already in the game, and that's commonly done with someone else is play a board game. Give us a board game we can put on a table, where we can drop two or more family members on it. An adult playing with their kid, two adults playing, two kids playing -- you could get a lot of mileage out of just one thing.

#233943 - 05/10/13 05:41 AM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: Corylea]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

There are some interactions already built in. Drop an adult on a child and they'll tell the kids a story. Drop a child on another child and you'll get one of a number of reactions. They'll play trains, they'll go off for a giggle party, or they'll become "jumpy".

#233957 - 05/11/13 02:30 AM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: arnie]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
Originally Posted By: arnie
Drop an adult on a child and they'll tell the kids a story.

I didn't know about that one; thanks for the tip! smile

#235024 - 06/10/13 04:37 PM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: bettedaviseyz]
Thandi Offline
Expert

Loc: Gallifrey
My lovely adoptee, Dakota, married Camino after careful consideration and turning down many suitors. However the first email after they had finished celebrating their new marriage was one addressed to Camino: an infringement complaint.

In an instance when the couple has been married for a year or under and have no children, they should be allowed an annulment, or divorce. In my case an annulment would have been fair as he didn't fully disclose important matters to his young bride and was caught 30 seconds after he moved into her house.

Unfortunately she had no choice but to stay married to him, and he received two more infringement notices over the years. He's a cheat that didn't learn his lesson the first time.

My suggestion:
Have an annulment button for the first year or so
Have a divorce button thereafter, once the family has children

#236660 - 11/12/13 04:03 PM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: Thandi]
BritishTea Offline

My dislikes in this game are growing by the day, and that makes me rather sad. The biggest dislike is the pricing for items in the game (clothes, food, medications, decorations, etc.) is ridiculous. 300 coins for a magazine? 450 for a floor lamp? The prices for items they need or want is high and most of the adults make pitiful salaries.

It's rather disappointing that I had to pay for this game, and then need to pay again(possibly repeatedly) for coins if I want to enjoy most of the content in this game. I would have gladly paid more for a fun little time waster like this game if that meant I didn't have to pay every time I want to enjoy the game and get away from some of the repetitiveness. I don't know it works on the desktop version; I'm speaking about the mobile version only.

I know that I don't have to purchase coin play the game. The point that I'm trying to make is that this game has potential to be a fun little escape for many people, but without purchasing coins to make it fun, there's no real enjoyment in it. You're not EA games; charge more for the game so that we can enjoy your fun creation instead of making it impossible to have fun simply because we can't/won't give you more money each time we want to upgrade.

Even with two adults working as much as you can work them do not make enough money to support the family and decorate the house. While I understand that the game is a sim, must it really mirror the economy and pathetic pay grades that most of us live in real life? It's a game, it should be fun! I don't think that many of us want to play through 10+ generations before we can actually enjoy the game. It's more fun to just delete the game that be bored with it.

I cannot understand the reasoning as to why a woman cannot work once she has a baby. She can do anything else in this game except work. This makes absolutely no sense; if she can play games on the computer, there is no reason why she cannot do her office job. If she can prepare a meal, then she can work her kitchen job. Why can't the man take care of the baby? There are such things as stay at home fathers.

I've enjoyed many of the V V games, and the original VF. While VF2 has potential to be fantastic, without paying for coins most of us will die of old age before we can find out.

#236661 - 11/12/13 06:35 PM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: BritishTea]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Quote:
It's rather disappointing that I had to pay for this game, and then need to pay again(possibly repeatedly) for coins if I want to enjoy most of the content in this game.

You don't mention which version of the game you are playing, but the version of the game that you pay for is for Windows or Mac (desktops or laptops). There is no facility to buy coins in those versions.

The versions where you can buy coins are for the iOS and Android systems (phones, tablets, etc.). They are both free.

#236970 - 03/15/14 09:22 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: PlayAtWork]
Scorp97 Offline

Is there a way to change flooring and wall cord on VF2???? I would love to change those things up a bit and would like to see more options for clothing!!!

#237088 - 04/15/14 01:12 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: PlayAtWork]
mlw1980 Offline

I think we should choose the next generation when the parents are elder let one of the kids come home and take care of their parents , it gets so boring with only two in the house hold this would be more realistic!!

#237089 - 04/15/14 01:19 PM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: BritishTea]
mlw1980 Offline

You and me both it makes no since why the dad or even the kids can't help with the baby I mean the baby staying with the mom 24/7 is kind of insulting to both men and women!!

#237102 - 04/15/14 05:30 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: Scorp97]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

If you're playing the Windows or Mac versions of VF2 you can use mods, either done by you or downloaded from the VF2 Mods Forum. If you're playing on iOs or Android those systems can't be modded.

I reckon a choice of three outfits - male and female - which changes every day or so is about right. I can understand that others may differ, though. What would be cool is if there were a 'wardrobe' system, similar to the décor tray, where outfits, once bought, could be stored and reused if wanted. After all, they have been paid for!

#237295 - 07/23/14 04:33 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: arnie]
AinoPtk Offline

I love the game, but I can't stand that kids grow up in few days..

It really would be wonderful if there were many game speeds, like in Virtual Villagers. That shouldn't be a big thing to fix, rigth?

2h/1yr is too fast, but 6-12h/1yr would be perfect!

Then I really would like to be able to zoom in & out, but that's not as important that previous wish.

I can't understand why people complain about money, I get about 50 000 dollars per generation and that's enough..

SLOWER GAME SPEEDS, PLEASE!!!

#237400 - 10/02/14 11:33 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: laurence]
SupernaturalJem Offline
Expert

I do not know if this has been suggested already. I did not see it, but I was skimming pretty fast. There should be an option to lock furniture in place. I absolutely hate how every single time I go to place a new object and scroll over to the area I want to put it in, it moves a previously placed object. It takes way too much time to get all my objects back like I has them (this is on the IOS version of course).

#237434 - 10/19/14 09:15 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: SupernaturalJem]
dixiem Offline

Loc: Massachusettes
I do agree with this suggestion...I'd even ask that you see if you can accomplish this.

#237442 - 10/30/14 07:01 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 behavior [Re: anthony20tyu]
Gynnypur Offline

Loc: Virginia
I love VF2,but there are a few things that would be nice to have in the next version.
1. More interaction between family members. And pets. Maybe have them throw a stick or a ball for them to play with.And for family members it would be nice if the parents could scold children for bad behavior. Put them in time out,in a chair in the corner maybe.The kids could play together and maybe even fight with each other like real siblings.when one gets a boardgame out,they could all play together.

2. The ability to change the wall colors,remodel the kitchen and bathroom.This could be something for a higher generation.

3. It's really annoying that they won't use the tables you buy.why even have them! And PLEASE make it so they will eat the holiday food.No fun having the food to put on table and they won't eat it. Would REALLY be cool if you could buy stuff for them for Christmas and wrap them for under the tree and they unwrap them.I usually put toys under it.

4. I like the idea some have said about being able to keep the clothes we buy and change their clothes a lot more.

5. Instead of the mother carrying the baby around all the time,it should have a crib she can put it in. The parents would feed it,bathe it,and change diapers.other kids could peek at baby in crib. Would be cool if baby would crawl as it got older.

6. Please make it so when it snows the snow will stick and they could shovel snow and make snowman and throw snowballs.A change of seasons would be nice too.

7. More occurrences. More furniture and stuff to buy as generations proceed.

Hope maybe you will like some of these suggestions and implement a few. And PLEASE PLEASE make all the VV available for Android. My KINDLE fire is android and I can only get VV origins and VF2

MEOW!

#237715 - 12/27/14 11:50 PM Slower game speeds [Re: AinoPtk]
AinoPtk Offline

Still after half a year I could say the only problem in this game is the fast game speed. I only have time to visit my virtual family about once a day and all peeps get older way too fast.

I could even pay for a slower game speed. In fact I've spent 200€ for a nintendo3ds so I could buy and play quality games. Then I spent over 100€ for Tomodachi life, animal crossing and harvest moon games, but nothing meets my needs as well as virtual families.

Please make slower game speeds to VF2. And please could someone from ldw answer anything so I could know you have seen this.. smile

#237717 - 12/28/14 08:39 PM Re: Slower game speeds [Re: AinoPtk]

We read everything on the forums, and take all suggestions into consideration when making new games, and at times, when updating existing games. We don't always have the time to reply to every suggestion, but each one is read by us.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#238103 - 04/08/15 11:57 PM VF Event Idea (Spoilers?)
Cashew Offline

I composed an idea for a Virtual Families event... I suppose it would belong in this forum. Just a suggestion, after all; no need to be official.

(Ophelia will be the child in this event, while Lux will be the parent. Examples.)

--------------------
Event: Tracking the Trail

While Ophelia began her everyday backyard adventures, she immediately found a pair of muddy tracks buried in the wet earth. Ophelia’s shoe prints are mixed in with these tracks; making them unable to be identified; however, they seem quite exotic and foreign. After an examination, Lux determines that the animal’s footprints lead OUTSIDE of the home, and that the immediate threat to Ophelia is very low. However, the animal service department has warned against such encounters.

1: Call the animal service department
2: Investigate yourself

What hypocrites! A team from the town’s services comes to investigate, but then chickens out; scoffing at the prints and calling them “illegitimate”. Lux is furious; his precious daughter Ophelia would never lie! Luckily, before Lux is able to lash out at the authorities, a wild-looking ranger by the name of Hoffengeiser apologizes, leaving a “welcome” mat to the family for their troubles. It’s actually kind of nice.

Lux and Ophelia search every nook and cranny of the yard like children, but find nothing. However, Ophelia insists on her fidelity. As an extra safety measure, Lux’s beautiful wife makes a reminder to lock the doors that night to protect the family.

--------------------

I also wrote another event, about a liquid (Virtual Villagers-esque, right?); however, the liquid can cause possibly PG-rated harm to a family member. An event I have received involved an explosive which resulted in no injury, however I am not sure if such an event will be considered.

These events are submitted just for fun; however, if by the slightest, strangest chance one will want to use this, feel free to. I don't mind.

#240742 - 07/27/16 03:04 AM Suggestions
SiaPaola Offline

¡Hola! VIRTUAL FAMILIES 2 ES EL MEJOR JUEGO DE SIMULACIÓN.
Lo juego desde hace mucho tiempo...
Quiero darles varios consejos smile.

Espero les sirva alguno de ellos , hehehe :

¤Que los hijos hereden el color de cabello de los padres y/o abuelos y no nazcan con otro color de cabello.
¤Que sea una ciudad, me refiero a que, las personitas puedan ir a parques, centros comerciales, etc.
¤Personalizar a tu personita y poder nombrarla.
¤Que haya una opción para que los hijos puedan estudiar, sea colocándoles encima de algún lugar.
¤Que los padres vayan a trabajar en un su empresa o cualquier otro sitio y no en la casa.
¤Que los niños vayan a primaria a partir de los 8 años, tal vez... Secundaria a partir de los 14, y la universidad ya a los 19, sé que ya está así en el juego los 2 últimos, pero que puedan ir a su colegio.

Estaría bien que agregaran estas cosas para la próxima actualización, sólo son consejos c:. Tal vez cueste mucho dinero hacer esto, pero, son sugerencias para que su juego tenga éxito wink.

Me despido, AMO SU JUEGO, la verdad es que es genial.

Translation from Google:

Hello! VIRTUAL FAMILIES 2 is the best simulation game.
I play for a long time ...
I want to tips. smile

I hope you serve any of them, hehehe:

¤ That children inherit hair color of parents and / or grandparents and not born with brown hair.
¤ That be a city, I mean, the little people can go to parks, shopping centers, etc.
¤ Customize to your little person and being able to name it.
¤ That has an option so that the children can study, is placing them somewhere above.
¤ That parents go to work in your company or elsewhere and not at home.
¤ That children go to primary school from age 8, maybe ... Secondary from 14, and university and at 19, I know that is already well in the game the last 2, but they can go his school.

It would be nice to add these things to the next update, they are just tips c :. It may cost a lot of money doing this, but are suggestions for your game to be successful wink.

I say goodbye, I LOVE YOUR GAME, the truth is that it is great.

Edited by Xay (07/27/16 06:52 PM)
Edit Reason: added translation, moved to Suggestions

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 ... 16 17 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter