Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 133 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 6 of 17 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#210273 - 09/16/09 04:43 AM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions
TeaSampler Offline

VF allows for five families... yet when you return to the game after being away, it opens to the last family visit. Wouln't it be better to pick the family firt when the game opens? Just my opinion

#210283 - 09/16/09 11:18 AM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: TeaSampler]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
Wouln't it be better to pick the family firt when the game opens?

I agree. However, I've seen similar suggestions made in the forums for all the Virtual Villagers games and Plant Tycoon; they were probably also made for Fish Tycoon but I can't recall seeing them.

I can't remember seeing any reply by LDW giving a reason why this does not happen, but I assume that it's not so simple to carry out as it seems. LDW definitely listen to the opinions of users, so if it were fairly easy to implement I'd have thought that we'd have seen this feature before now.

Edited by arnie (09/16/09 11:36 AM)

#210827 - 09/26/09 10:12 PM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: Lewanda]
Beth81 Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I LOVE the suggestions that Lewanda made. My favorites are having the remaining husband/wife live on with the family in a blended family mode. I also like the idea of being able to add on to the house, a nursing bar to see how long the mom has left to go, keeping their old clothes and having a garden. A few of my own suggestions:

- Different skin colors - all different shades
- Being able to pan in and out to view the whole house (I think one of the VVs had this, or maybe all of them, as a Map button) it really bugs me that I can't do this here.

I do LOVE the game though. My favorite is picking out who gets to inherit the house, and then choosing a good partner for them! wink

#210828 - 09/26/09 10:27 PM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: Beth81]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
The skin tone issue has been discussed in detail here. smile (While it was originally intended for Virtual Villagers, it is also applicable to Virtual Families.)
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#210829 - 09/26/09 10:28 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: Lewanda]
Beth81 Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I love the idea for half-time and also 2xtime - some days if I am sick or at home doing nothing for some reason I could play all day and let my computer go at 2X. The other ideas above are all great! What about painting the house? I know you can do that with mods, but it could be something you save for inside the game and have the people do. You could also have them extend the deck, plant flowers, etc - all the home improvements that we ourselves make to our own homes. (OK I am biased towards planting flowers!)

Edited by Beth81 (09/26/09 10:29 PM)

#210845 - 09/27/09 12:50 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: Beth81]
gambitgarrison Offline

Loc: Georgia
Between what the game developers are (no doubt) thinking up and all of the things the game players have suggested, Last Day of Work has enough material to create at least as many installments of Virtual Families games as it has of Virtual Villagers games. Folks at LDW: truly, you have hit on some good and original ideas for games (think of all the games that have popped up mimicing Virtual Villagers and know that the sincerest form of flattery is imitation). My two cents: don't change too much of the dynamics which identify a game as being an LDW creation... however, having a choice in the lay-out and/or decor truly does allow for a more immersive game-playing experience. Whatever you come up with next, I'm sure it will be worth hours upon hours of fun. On that note: what is taking you folks so long with VV4!?!?! Hurry up already! smile

#211324 - 10/07/09 05:15 AM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: Lewanda]
vikki Offline

I totally agree! Would also be nice to pick clothes from their closets and be able to paint the rooms and buy new furniture and rugs for bath, and other parts of the house. Being able to chose your house or fix up the parents house would be amazing....just expand the game! Love your ideas Thank you Victoria

#211551 - 10/13/09 05:48 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: vikki]
renaweir Offline
Adviser

Loc: California
I would like more upgrades for all the rooms and more things to buy. I have millions of dollars even after I buy food, clothing, movies, candies, etc. The game needs more upgrades.

#211810 - 10/20/09 03:20 AM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: renaweir]
Beeky Offline
Trainee

Loc: California
Hello, First, thanks for creating VF! I'm enjoying my second generation in the house. It would be nice if the siblings would come to visit. Or other little friends come over for a sleep-over. smile

I have enjoyed many fun scences when an agitated parent is dealing with an urgent problem, such as an electrical fire, and can't make up his mind what to do. He's bouncing around and you can tell he's frantic and his mind is racing and his poor body can't keep up with his changing decisiouns. That is just genious. well done!

I'm using the game on my iPod Touch, and the store has not refreshed some of it's supplies in the "varied Items" since the last purchase, "20" virutal years ago with the first generation. smile Which means I cannot buy some repair kits to make minor house repairs.

Also, I'd like to see (or have the freedom to modify myself) and move furniture around, have more than one waste basket (no normal person picks up only one wrapper and ignores another as they walk to the trash can).

And I too would love to have pets in the family. I'd love to have one of the kids/dog/cat snuggle with another human (parent or child) at bedtime, or on the sofa. My cat really liked to sit on my computer monitor, and clean her paws, or swish the screen wih her tail. You GOTTA put that in the game! It's not a cat if it ignores the computer! smile

In the iPod app, there are times when what they do is not what the screen says they are doing. For example, it will say a child is washing its hair as it runs out of the house, or is playing with toys in the bedroom.

All in all, I find this an enjyable and very creative game.

Thank you for your work on behalf of this game.

#214981 - 01/09/10 10:10 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: Carla]
horsecrazy123 Offline
Expert

Loc: None of your business, lol
I think that there should be a second VF, with different improvements. It would be cool if the VF people could own a car and drive places, like the grocery, school, etc. It would also be great if the VF pets interacted more, and if they had their own Detail screen. Then you could have more than one, and breed them!!! Also, it would be nice if the kids that had gone off to college could visit their familiesgrinAnd maybe the limit for kids could be 10, and there could be an adoption center were you could adopt kids for your VF family for $1000 each.

Page 6 of 17 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter