Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 207 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#187390 - 04/23/09 07:37 AM Bug?
Becca123 Offline
Guru

Loc: In a happy place =D
I recently adopted a female named Atara, and have been playing with her for about half an hour. She isn't married and doesn't have kids. A few minutes ago, I bought some Virtosa Perfume for Women and gave it to her, and then she ran down the hallway and started celebrating marriage and kissing the air. She didn't ever get married or met anyone, but her happiness level went up.

#187401 - 04/23/09 08:16 AM Re: Bug? [Re: Becca123]
Gatsbi Offline
Expert

Not a bug....just a really good perfume! wink

#187412 - 04/23/09 08:41 AM Re: Bug? [Re: Gatsbi]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Loc: CA, USA
Maybe she just really likes the idea of getting married. laugh

#187413 - 04/23/09 08:59 AM Re: Bug? [Re: HappyPlayer]
dixie50 Offline
Trainee

I think I found a bug too.
My guy's career said it paid 60 I thought that would mean $60
but when he finished I only made 60cents!
It's sure going to take a loooong time to get the $500 for a pet!

#187415 - 04/23/09 09:20 AM Re: Bug? [Re: dixie50]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Loc: CA, USA
It's $60 per day, and not per each work cycle.

So if he works for part of a day, he makes part of the pay right then ( 1% ). I believe he gets the full pay by the end of the day, in little ching sounds as you go. However, if you put him to work, he builds up his career and can earn more per hour with each advancement. smile And it goes a lot quicker than it sounds. grin

#187424 - 04/23/09 10:32 AM Re: Bug? [Re: HappyPlayer]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
That's right. He earns $60 a day, paid hourly, that's $2.50 per hour. You'll often hear a "ching" sound when none of your peeps are working/selling collectibles; that tells you it's been paid. In addition he gets a bonus of 1% of his daily pay each time he finishes a work cycle. That's the 60c you saw added.

They also earn interest at 10% per day on their money. I wish I could use their bank! Click on the $ sign next to the bank balance to see a projection of their earnings over the next week. You'll see it goes up quite fast. That's without taking into consideration bonuses, promotions, or money earned through selling duplicate collectibles, let alone events and emails.

Of course, it also excludes all expenditure on little things like food or medicine, and assumes no house upgrades are bought ...

#189387 - 04/27/09 03:14 PM Re: Bug? [Re: arnie]
kalon Offline
Trainee

I'm still confused about time and money. I don't know if this is considered a spoiler so I'll hide it.

Click to reveal..
LadyCFII commented in another thread that 2 hours equals 1 year game time. The dollar sign button projects their income for one week. Bear with me, please, math is not my forte... But if it's one week (unpaused) real time, wouldn't that equal 84 years game time-- beyond the lifespan of the character especially since most start in their mid to late twenties. If it is supposed to be one week game time, wouldn't they amass that weekly projected amount in 2-3 minutes?

And by the same token, shouldn't the characters amass an annual salary every 2 hours?

Edited by kalon (04/27/09 03:29 PM)

#208454 - 08/24/09 11:22 PM Re: Bug? [Re: kalon]
Cyneburgleah Offline

Kalon,

Don't feel alone in that. I am wondering the same thing too.

#208459 - 08/24/09 11:45 PM Re: Bug? [Re: Cyneburgleah]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
Each year in the game is approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes of our time. Normally, a family will last about a week but the game is just projecting a sample of how much money will be generated given the current amount in the bank.

The money given seems to be calculated using our time as opposed to theirs since they don't get their salary every 3 and a half hours of our time.

The problem is if you don't open your game often, for example if you just open it once a week or once every two days, time will naturally slow for them and it does not turn into 3 hours and 30 minutes of our time equating to 1 year in the game. If you do this, make sure the fridge is well-stocked and you will be coming back to a really messy house. I don't really recommend it grin

I have left it for a week once to find that only a few years have passed. I guess it's up to us to figure out how often we want to check in on our peeps and how long they last.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter