Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 227 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 17 of 19 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 >
Topic Options
#191811 - 05/05/09 02:35 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Badger55]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Do you have the latest version of the game (1.00.05)?

#191851 - 05/05/09 04:57 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: LadyCFII]
copykate Offline

I'm already enjoying 1.00.05! My wee people are less exhausted by the time I get home from work and can check on them. And as one of the people who worried it would get too unchallenging without that, I was glad to see that hunger management has changed to be less automatic.

Plus, some of the new actions are a hoot. And I just got my first set of triplets. Challenge a-plenty! smile

#191871 - 05/05/09 06:04 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Badger55]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
LadyCFII's note: This suggestion will work only with the Windows version. Mac users should see Arthur's post for details about updating their game.

Badger55, have you re-downloaded the "trial version" and then installed it again? It will install over your game, but it will still be the full version that you paid for. Then, when you go into the game, go to the Menu and look at the bottom left to see what version it is after you have done that. The last two numbers should now be .04 -- unless they have released another version since I got the last one anyway.

Once you have .04 installed, it should help. I know everyone else is saying that you don't have to delete your existing families and start new ones, but even though it did help my existing families I found that after I deleted all my previous ones and started new ones that there was a tremendous difference in their energy levels.

I've also discovered something else. I am the only person who uses my computer, but I still have a second log in anyway. What I have now done is I installed the game under the second log in and now I have 5 families that I can play during the day when I have the time and then I have 5 more I can play later in the evening and into the early morning if I can't sleep. By doing that, the families that need to sleep during the night are being left alone and the ones that need to sleep during the day are also being left alone. It's working out really well. smile

Edited by LadyCFII (05/05/09 02:51 PM)
Edit Reason: Added Mac user information

#191893 - 05/05/09 10:41 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Simsane]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
The latest version available is now 1.00.05.

#191935 - 05/05/09 03:58 PM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: arnie]
virtualbrenda Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: arnie
The latest version available is now 1.00.05.

I downloaded it today and deleted my old families and started a new family to see what happens. I won't know what they do at night until tomorrow as I reversed time.

But I've backed up my old families in case I want the pool & thin screen back, oh and the generations I had too. laugh

#191952 - 05/05/09 05:37 PM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: virtualbrenda]
miskinsincap Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Turkey
Version .05 worked like a charm for me smile.

I may be wrong, but I noticed that my peeps are willing to work more on morning hours (their morning). In the evenings, even if their energy levels are high, they tend to do other things and so their progress is slower.

#191977 - 05/05/09 08:33 PM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: miskinsincap]
Simsane Offline
Master

Thanks for adding the Mac info to my post, Lady. smile Also a thank you to Arnie for letting me know that the latest version is .05 now. Does anyone know what the changes are with this latest version? I'm pretty happy with .04 and don't want my peeps to work less in the evening hours. I truly try to make sure they take time to relax, play and exercise already, so I don't want them refusing to work in the evening, lol! Anyway, ever since I discovered that I could put it under both of my logins, I have simply been having a blast with this game. To the point that I need to do other things that aren't getting done, lol!

#191978 - 05/05/09 08:42 PM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Simsane]
angeltalena Offline
Adviser

Loc: Northern Ohio
The newest version says just one change about people's names when they get email. I don't see much changed.

#191981 - 05/05/09 08:46 PM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Simsane]
angeltalena Offline
Adviser

Loc: Northern Ohio
This is cut and pasted from Arthur's post about the newest version and all versions:

Highlights from 1.00.02 to 1.00.05:
- Life event notifications were sometimes mixing up people's names when it coincided with someone going off to college. Fixed.
- People will sleep to a higher level of energy replenishment
- Adjustments made to offline food consumption, in-game hunger and eating. People will overeat less in game-off, and will never starve if there is food available. Expect to see slightly hungrier people when you turn on the game, and much more food in the fridge.
- Adjustments made to allow greater player influence on longevity
- Failsafe put in for refusal to breed
- Adjustments made to a couple of the more difficult trophies
- Working is a bit less tiring, other changes to energy usage and recovery
- Fix to prevent glove loss/corruption
- Emails-to-player now correctly reflect customized names
- New pet behaviors
- Pets no longer show up in store rotation once purchased
- Store rotation now every 4 hours instead of 8
- Story book shop item works now

Edited by Arthur (Yesterday at 02:39 PM)

#191999 - 05/05/09 10:14 PM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: angeltalena]
Simsane Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: angeltalena
The newest version says just one change about people's names when they get email. I don't see much changed.

Thanks angeltalena, I think I'll just stick with .04 then as most of the things you listed were in the .04 version anyway. laugh Fun game, isn't it?

Page 17 of 19 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter