Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#187003 - 04/22/09 02:07 PM Help ?Loading Virtual Families
Sweetz Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, Indiana
Is Not responding after it tries to initialize from the free trial time remaining screen. The resolution appears to be much larger and then it freezes and doesnt continue to load. Also it shows two instances of the Virtual Families exe in my system processes running simultaneously, the two together consuming 100 percent of my CPU Usage.

I checked the system requirements and even made sure i was using direct x 7 or later.

#187010 - 04/22/09 02:41 PM Re: Help ?Loading Virtual Families [Re: Sweetz]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
It is normal to see two instances of Virtual Families when looking at Task Manager processes.

It would be difficult to say for sure without knowing a lot more about your computer, but it's possible that the game won't run for you in full-screen mode. Please try this procedure, and see if it resolves the problem:

Look in the folder where the game is installed (it's usually found in Program Files on your hard drive). In that folder you should see a file called either ldw.ini or ldw with a file type of Configuration Settings (the icon will look like a notepad with a gear on it), depending upon how you have your folder options set in Windows. If you double-click on that file, you should see the file opened in Notepad and displaying several settings.

To force the game to run in windowed mode, you should change the settings in that file so that they look like this:

[ldw]
Fullscreen=0
ForceFullscreen=0
ForceWindowed=1
UseVsync=0
ForceStaticSplash=0
Distributor=LDW

Then select File=>Save and the new settings will be saved. Try running the game again and see if it displays correctly.

Please let us know if that helps or not.

#187059 - 04/22/09 04:36 PM Re: Help ?Loading Virtual Families [Re: LadyCFII]
Sweetz Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, Indiana
Ty for the suggestions.

I finally found and removed an old antivirus program and after doing so the windowed mode of the game loaded successfully.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter