Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 247 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 31 of 32 < 1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 >
Topic Options
#232719 - 03/27/13 02:22 AM Re: Things you said while playing VF [spoilers? maybe] [Re: Simsane]
stonzee Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Texas
You're 2 years old you shouldn't be cooking or heating up food.
Especially in the oven, it's taller than you are.

#232723 - 03/27/13 11:07 AM Re: Things you said while playing VF [spoilers? maybe] [Re: Jo13]
JesseGirl Offline

Loc: Somwhere between Awesome and B...
Originally Posted By: Jo13
Originally Posted By: Simsane
Well, you win one and you lose one, right? smile

Another trophy that I don't think I've ever received is the one where you win the lottery. I did actually have one of my 5 families have a chance to buy a lottery ticket and I used that chance but still lost. frown Oh well, just like real life, right? hahaha!

I just now came back to the forums to read over VV 1 stuff. I can't remember that game at all and besides concentrating on Research and trying to keep a steady supply of berries going, I am not sure if I should be trying to build too or just stick 4 adults on research, one on harvesting berries and continue watching for mushrooms with the one child. So, off to read those topics now.

Oh, one thing I forgot to ask -- have you ever used an Encyclopedia set on someone that already had Likes? I think I tried it once and they kept the one they had and got a second one as well. Maybe you could try that to get a runner.

I've had the lottery one happen a couple of times, but only after at least half a dozen lottery events in which they didn't win. More likely to happen that the perfect match, though. I do wonder about the latte, since I played most of my families in the older version of the game (where there was a glitch that prevented peeps from ever making lattes). I just upgraded the kitchen to level 3, though, so I guess I'll find out how hard it is to get it soon.
I've never used the encyclopedia in anyone who had likes - the description says something like "will work better if your little people have few likes", so I was always a bit afraid it would do nothing and then I'd have wasted money on it. But now, thinking about it, maybe if they only have one like it will still work.

I've used it many times and finally got a runner.It was probably just my luck and I also got the latte trophy in my first gen. So its mostly luck I guess!

#232725 - 03/27/13 01:25 PM Re: Things you said while playing VF [spoilers? maybe] [Re: Simsane]
Jo13 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Portugal
Originally Posted By: Simsane
Since I must have the latest version of the game (just downloaded the trial and then added the activation code that LDW sent me around the end of January so I figure it's the latest version anyway) I have had no problem with the Grande Latte one in my games. But it's best to watch them close between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. if you can play at that time of day. Or, if you have day/night reversed then watch for it during those times in the evening since it'll be morning for them. They seem more likely to make one during those times or if they start getting tired in the afternoon.

Since it's Easter right now, and I don't have classes until the 5th, waking up around that time it's going to be unlikely. Of course, when I do wake up early, I'll have to go to class, so I guess reversing night/day will have to do. wink

"Why can't you get promoted faster?" - said today because Diakinesis is only on level 4 of her career, and has been there for a while, while her husband's already close to master level. Sure, she's had the babies to care for, but they have a level 3 kitchen now and their youngest are now 4 years old, I'd expect her to start getting promoted again.

#232738 - 03/28/13 04:55 PM Re: Things you said while playing VF [spoilers? maybe] [Re: Jo13]
JesseGirl Offline

Loc: Somwhere between Awesome and B...
"Please stop drawing on the Wall!"
"If you draw on that wall one more time it's the salty candy for You!"
"Stop working!"

I'm quite surprised at that last one there! grin

#232774 - 04/01/13 09:50 PM Re: Things you said while playing VF [spoilers? maybe] [Re: JesseGirl]
stonzee Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Texas
"who are you waiting for? Your husband is right beside you trying to make a baby."

#232780 - 04/02/13 07:46 PM Re: Things you said while playing VF [spoilers? maybe] [Re: stonzee]
Taco Freak Offline
Adviser

Loc: US
I had a 2-yr old applying deodorant! LOL!!!!!

laugh

And I scold people like 80 times for stuff and It's like they want to be scolded. I think you know what's happening!

(In case you don't:) They are doing it MORE often:
1. Jumping on the Bed
2. Drawing on the wall
3. Getting attention

wink GLITCH ALERT:
If you praise someone for reading email after they read it, they will reply! And their action is "No"!

#232805 - 04/03/13 01:22 PM Re: Things you said while playing VF [spoilers? maybe] [Re: Taco Freak]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
If you praise someone for reading email after they read it, they will reply! And their action is "No"!

That's because you can only praise actions that the peep started him/herself. They had no choice but to read the email; you picked them up and dropped them on the computer. smile

#234777 - 06/03/13 05:17 AM Re: Things you said while playing VF [spoilers? maybe] [Re: bethlham]
Lunatec-de Offline

For heavens sake, stop dusting, you will dust the wood from the furniture if you go on like this.

If you two do not start working properly I swear, this is the first an last child of yours. And don't you dare complaining

Do you really have to bring away every single weed by to the trash. Use a bucket!

I gotta go... please hurry with your baby making!

#234814 - 06/04/13 12:22 AM Re: Things you said while playing VF [spoilers? maybe] [Re: Lunatec-de]
Mayfly Offline
Adviser

Loc: Colorado
With a family of six kids, "Enough with the teeth brushing, you are making MY teeth hurt." Last time I praise them for that!

#234959 - 06/08/13 06:53 PM Re: Things you said while playing VF [spoilers? maybe] [Re: Frizzie87]
Thandi Offline
Expert

Loc: Gallifrey
Leave the laundry alone!

Does this dog do anything?

Who said it's too soon to have another kid?!

Originally Posted By: Frizzie87
My woman is completely obssessed with dusting, it's all that she does. I never dust, maybe I should take a leaf outta her book.

That's how my woman celebrates her marriage, by dusting!

Attachments
Celebrating Marriage.jpg

Page 31 of 32 < 1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter