Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 196 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 12 of 18 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
#18598 - 08/23/06 12:06 PM Re: List of future enhancements
Jouet Offline

My biggest wish - ask for confirmation before deleting a player. I'm always afraid I'll click that button by accident and blow something up that I've put a lot of work into.

#18599 - 08/23/06 10:27 PM Re: List of future enhancements
Tin Offline

Perhaps they can add a fish-fighting fuction. You know, the fishes fight and some of them get hurt...

#18600 - 08/31/06 04:49 AM Re: List of future enhancements
Squirly Offline

Don't know if anyone has suggested this yet or not, but there really isn't much going on with the actual store itself... So how about you can purchase new store locations, start a franchise, or at the very least move to a different area in the mall which could have more room for more tanks, better customer traffic, that sort of thing. After you get a few of the magic fish, the game becomes extrememly boring as you have a retarted amount of money to throw around, so why not atleast soak up some of that extra cash with a new store venue?

#18601 - 08/31/06 11:42 AM Re: List of future enhancements
mary4jokes Offline
Trainee

Loc: Minnesota USA
oh i absolutely agree with everything you've said, i NEED MORE TANKS, 20 fish per tank is not enough with only 3 tanks to work with, I NEED MORE ROOM PLEASE, willing to pay for more space i'll gladly buy larger tanks, more tanks, tnaks, tanks, tanks!

#18602 - 09/10/06 04:43 PM Re: List of future enhancements
faye Offline

Loc: nys
i'd like to be able to have both kinds of medicine in my inventory rather than having to replace the one i have and have not totally used if i need to buy the other one

#18603 - 09/16/06 08:11 AM Re: List of future enhancements
FishF4c3 Offline

Loc: western CT
Here is what i have been thinking about as adds:

1) set the begining up like rollercoaster tycoon where you can pic what location you want, then you set up the store depending on space available (number of tanks, Etc...)

2) Deffinitly fish counter, its a must...just too hard to count 'em all.

3)More fish types

4) I was thinking what about orders you have customers come in that place orders and you have to try to breed the fish before the time limit is up.. ( idk i think it would be fun )

#18604 - 09/19/06 12:58 AM RE: List of future enhancements
Three11S12 Offline

Alright, I've got a couple of comments on other peoples' ideas(I have to hope that the more people we get putting their two cents in, the more likely an upgrade will be):

* Be able to speed up time drastically. This is definitely a game I could sit down and play for an evening, instead of playing 50 times a day, for 5 minutes each time.

* I haven't really found yet that more tanks OR more room per tank are terribly necessary, though it WOULD make certain things easier. I think if I had the speed up time option (which would include the fish getting hungry faster, and losing health faster if they got sick) I would have no need or desire for any extra capacity, as I wouldn't have to wait very long to "breed the fish I need to breed the fish I want", etc.

* All of the little things, such as customizing tanks, or fish, would be interesting, but I don't find them a necessity. Look at the graphics of the store scene. The game is NOT great because of it's imagery, but because of it's amazing versatility, and it's options, and it's re-play value.

* The above point being made, I whole-heartedly agree with any and everyone who thinks there should be expansion pack options. More varieties of fish to discover, more items for purchase, that do different things, or do the same things better, more reaserching needed, etc.

* While I'm not wholely against a Fish Tracker being built into the game itself, there IS a great one available for free download that makes me say this option is not necessary either. However, there WOULD be some specific advantages to an in-game species tracker, i.e. don't have to change windows every time I want to log a fish, or figure out how to breed a fish.

* I like the idea of being able to buy and sell fish, but not the idea of being able to just TRADE fish. I think the reason the game is fun is working for everything. I've only discovered some 50-odd species, and I have tried VERY hard to not learn of any breeds I don't already have, as it's really exciting when I come back to the game and there's a new fin/body type swimming around in there. Maybe you have to have had the fish before in order to be able to buy it. This way, I wouldn't have to breed 4 fish just to get the right parents to breed the specific fish I want.

* Instead of an actual store to sell fish, maybe just a radio icon signifying that you are ready to sell any fish that happen to be in your selling tank. While it's clicked, you wouldn't be able to move any NEW fish into the tank, which would avoid accidental selling, and there would be a confirmation box when you did click it. These two things should get rid of 90% of accidental selling, plus, you could work on breeding, and other things while your fish are selling (or maybe have it be an option in the options menu...some people LIKE the store scene.)

* I'm all for the "scenario" concept, or the idea of more magic fish. Something to give it a prolonged plot. Once you've bred the 7 magical ones, and discovered all the species, I don't see much fun in playing the game MANY times...maybe a couple more times through, just to improve or something. However, if you kept the breeding pattern, but made the rarity of any give breed a random value, and made the magical breeds random as well, each time you played the game it would be a new experience to try to discover them. That's just one tiny idea. Heck, maybe have the lineage lines be random for each new game as well. All sorts of things could up the re-play value of this game.

* While I'm a fan of the idea to create more space in the medicine rack, I've never really found this to be a HUGE problem for me. I have fish get sick just like anyone else, but I've always accepted that I must buy a new medicine to cure a new disease. That could just be me though.

* Maybe make things a little less expensive, but you have to buy them more often i.e. the diver only costs $100 but he gets dirty and you have to replace him, or something to this effect.

This is all I can think of now, but I know I've had many other ideas. All in all this is an amazing game, the likes of which I've never played before, and I only have two fears:

1. I'll finish the game, and won't want to play anymore, the fun will be gone, and
2. At some point I'll grow tired of waiting for things to happen, and just kind of stop playing. This would be very sad.

Hopefully someone is listening, and even more hopefully, we (the players and the coders) can use these forums constructively to help Fish Tycoon reach many more people around the world.

Thanks LDW!

Andy

Edited by ladycfii (09/19/06 03:40 AM)

#18605 - 09/26/06 08:40 PM Re: RE: List of future enhancements
Nemyar Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

How about different kind fish come in different size even if they are same age I mean look at the fish in Real pet shop they all come in different size

#18606 - 09/28/06 05:21 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] List of future enhancements
YaelleG Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Baltimore
Do you mean SUGGESTIONS for future enhancements? Same with the post about the other game. It sounds like its an actual list already decided upon. But they're just ideas right?

#18607 - 10/19/06 03:01 PM Re: List of future enhancements
xman Offline
Adviser

Loc: London, England
there are in total 10 magic fish but what i want is to be able to mix fish together like a mini game where you can mix 4 to 6

Page 12 of 18 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter