Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 216 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#181580 - 01/15/09 12:23 AM Re: {Spoilers} The Legend of the Great Sea Monster [Re: HappyPlayer]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Loc: CA, USA
Episode Twentynine: Just Like Me

Hong peered through the passage door and found that they had journeyed from the Hope River to the most northern edge of the western ridge of the Rim of Promise. This area was on the edge of the Darkened Forest. The Runners who were looking for them wouldn't be expecting them to get here so soon. So they lit their torches, and left the passage. Hong, Blanne, Lakia, Cheop, Hokou, and Elaku stepped out into a lush garden, with tall trees as far as the eye could see.

The hunter named Hokou knew the way through The Darkened Forest, so he took the lead. The sky grew dark as they walked in silence through the lovely shrubbery. Finally, they came to an opening with a soft flickering light just barely breaking through. Hokou pulled a tree branch to the side to expose a stone laid pathway. On the other side of a small meadow sat a woman in a bamboo chair by a fire. A heavy robe covered her small frame and her head. Just the ends of long braided hair could be seen. As they drew a bit closer, the group was stopped.

"Cheop!" came a whispered call from another man who looked like a hunter.
"Konan!" Cheop answered back excited to see an old friend.
"Why are you here? Do you have any news?" Konan asked.
"Yes. I brought Lakia the Great. She has half of the Sparkle of the Western Medallion!"
"Half?" Konan was puzzled. "And where is the other half?"
Blanne stepped forward. "The other half is where it belongs. Or it will be."
"Blanne!" Konan shouted in surprise.
"Blanne?" came a cry from the woman sitting by the fire. "Blanne, is that you?" The woman looked up and saw that indeed it was Blanne. She threw the hood of her robe off her head and came running over.
"Mother!" he responded as he hugged her. "Look who I brought here."

"Hong? It's been so long!" She hugged him as well. "When I saw you last, Ipo and I had just taken over the throne. I have been looking forward to seeing you again! Ipo will be pleased to see you again as well! You might not recognize him though. Paco gave him and Blanne potions to make them change. The King has been from village to village to find cures. He found one to help Blanne, somewhat, and he has been able to use his new abilities to his advantage. But alas, poor Ipo hasn't been able to find a cure for himself."

Meanwhile, Lakia couldn't help but notice that the Queen had long braided hair that was golden in color, just like hers. She even had the same ribbons in her hair like the ones that her grandmother Leia had given to her. When the Queen turned to face Hong, the fire lit up her face and they all could see that her bright eyes were just like Lakia's too.

Blanne motioned for the Queen to look toward the edge of the crowd, where Lakia stood. "She looks just like me!" The Queen said delighted. "I am Queen Iso. Who are you?" she asked Lakia.
"I am... you're highness, I am Lakia Waterfaller."
"Oh no, you are not." the Queen declared and shook her head.

King Ipo led his followers along the ridge, and through the lush greenery of the Darkened Forest. While they walked, he told Dodo and his group about Councilman Paco's plan to become the fastest man on the island.

"He's not really evil, like people say." King Ipo told them. "He is just a really fast runner and no one else has ever proven himself to be faster. Paco's been trying to perfect a running potion to give to other runners, so that he can create competition for himself. When I tried to stop him, he took my medallion and secretly gave me and my family potions in our drinking water. My son, Blanne, became a fish. And I turned into the appearance of another man and lost all of my magical abilities. I went by another name to keep Paco from finding me before I could find cures for all of us and get back to the Palace. Though I found a cure for Blanne, he is able to change himself back into a fish at will. And I am exceedingly grateful to be myself again." King Ipo smiled brightly at Piku.

Then King Ipo led them toward a lighted area in the forest, lifted a particular branch, and led his little group down a small stone path. "This island is just full of little mysteries." The King continued.

Shuka led her followers quickly down the remainder of the path. They all wanted to ask Shuka where her magic came from and why she never mentioned it before. However, no one asked. They were all afraid. Finally, they came to a place where two rivers met, and behind one of them was a wall of vines. Weeko recognized the place as the back of the mountain where he and Leia had been exploring the day they were swept away. "I thought we would never see this shore again." he admitted to Leia. Since the rainy season hadn't started, the river closest to the south shore was shallow and quiet. They carefully crossed over the river by stepping on the same large stones that Leia and Weeko had slipped on years before.

"It's late. "Shuka said. "We don't want to cause any alarm to the Mountain People, so let's camp here in the cave for the night." Although Weeko and Leia were anxious to see their tribes' people again, they were also tired. Everyone agreed to rest for now. Kali could not sleep. She kept seeing the drawings on the side of the cavern and wondering what it meant. On one hand, it looked like a warning so that people wouldn't fall into the river. On the other, she wondered, if someone hadn't been planning for them to fall. After a couple of hours Kali finally fell asleep. During the night she dreamed of a small, bright child.

#181957 - 01/20/09 09:55 PM Re: {Spoilers} The Legend of the Great Sea Monster [Re: HappyPlayer]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Episode Thirty: All Boxed Up

That night Kali dreamed about a time when she was nearly 3. Mommy and Daddy had left with many of the other villagers to find out what was happening on the Ceremonial shore. Meanwhile a handful of children were left in the care of a single guardian. It became nighttime in her dream, and all the little children were gathered inside the Hut of Decisions to sleep. It was the only hut that wasn't destroyed after the Great Sea Monster tried to reach Baby Samar. Kali didn't like it in there, but she was cold and tired, so she followed. However, she couldn't sleep much.

It was the rainy season, and had rained so much that when the fire went out their guardian couldn't re-light it right away. The guardian told all the children that as soon as the rain stopped he would re-light it again. Soon after she fell asleep, little Kali dreamt about the little golden boy that the village saw in the Gong's cloud. She awoke when she heard a noise on the beach. Hoping that her parents had returned for her, Kali pulled her ragged blanket around her and sneaked around the side of the hut to see. She saw her guardian walk out to the shore to see what it was.

Her guardian was overjoyed to discover that it was a crate with food inside, since they were also low on food. He carried some of the crate's contents to their food bin and then returned to the shore. As he was picking up more food, he saw and reached over for a large vial of oily blue liquid, that was also on the beach. After he drank it, her guardian began stumbling around. Then he fell into the crate. Kali almost burst out in laughter. But then, he started changing. She saw that his hair turned from golden yellow to dark brown, and that he was getting smaller. Soon his clothes barely clung to him and he wrestled to get out of the crate before the next wave came in. Kali laughed out loud and thought this was the funniest thing she ever saw. But the rains poured down again, and before she could let out another little giggle, the lid of the crate fell down on the poor little man and a wave took the crate away.

Little Kali ran to the beach to help him, but she didn't know how to swim. She ran back to the hut and tried to wake up the others. They were fast asleep and wouldn't wake up for her. Finally, Kali went back to the ocean shore to look for him. When she couldn't even see the crate in the darkness of the night, she began to sob. "Don't go! I' sorry! Come back!" she cried quietly over and over for hours, "I' sorry I not help you! Come back Tofo! Come back!" But her guardian never returned.

Before the morning sun arose, she saw a pair of eyes looking at her from the ocean waves. "Don't be afraid, child." said the gentle voice from the eyes. "What is wrong?" he asked. Kali told him her story in the best words and gestures that she could put together. "I'm afraid that he has probably washed up on another shore by now. I'm sorry." said the voice in the water. The sound of his voice was warm and thoughtful. When Kali realized that it wasn't a man talking to her, but a fish, she wanted to see what he looked like. The great fish swam up as far onto the shore as he could, and as a gesture of kindness, he tickled her toes with his fins. Then he told her, "I'll try to get help. You and the other children shouldn't stay here alone."

Then the fish swam off to the south, and Kali went back to bed. In the last part of her dream, she dreamt again about the little boy who walked on the water of the Ceremonial Lagoon. She whispered in her young little heart, "Oh bright boy, please keep Tofo alright."

King Ipo was excited about finally arriving home. He ushered in Dodo, Samar, Jem and Piku into the secluded garden. As he walked up, he heard that Queen Iso was talking to Lakia.

"You are PRINCESS Lakia!" The Queen told her, and gave her a ruby ring for her finger. "You are my descendent."
"Really? How?" asked Lakia. But the Queen had turned to the group coming through the bushes. "And that is King Ipo." Queen Iso then realized that King Ipo was back to his old self and she rushed to him and greeted him.

Dodo rushed over and hugged Lakia. "Lakia! I've missed you so much!" Dodo told her. Together they both said, "You wouldn't believe the day I've had!" And then they both giggled.
"Oh, you have the other half of the medallion I'm wearing." Lakia said to Dodo. He looked at her puzzled.
"You can see the medallion?"
"Yes." Lakia smiled brightly. "I can see everything now."
Just then Jem came up to her and hugged her. "I'm so glad that you are safe! We have been so worried about you! But I knew there was something special about you." Jem told her. At that point, Lakia wondered why she had been chosen and not Jem. Why isn't the Queen coming over and calling Jem a princess also.

Around this same time, Samar and Hong found each other. Tears flowed out of their eyes as they talked about their lives. Hong told Samar about how he ended up on the little island. Paco was meaning to giving Hong a potion too, and possibly put an end to his whole family. Without the medallion, Hong would not have made it through. Blanne acted quickly to get him out of the storm, but could not find the medallion for years. It wasn't until King Ipo, as Biggles, found the cure, that Blanne also found the medallion. But lightning struck it before Blanne could give it back to him. It split into two pieces. Queen Iso said that the power of the medallion had been transfered to two others, and that Isola herself would give the pieces to them. When the time was right, Blanne knew who to give the pieces to. Then it was time to come home.

Piku, who was related to Tarik, the Highest Elder, saw all the meeting and greeting, and started asking why they had all been gathered together. King Ipo spoke up. "You have all been chosen by Queen Iso and myself, to complete a mission together. The balance of Isola has been upset, and needs to be put back into harmony. Paco needs to be defeated and the medallion brought back here to us. All the herbs need to be returned to their rightful places on the island, and someone to tend to them, and someone to teach others about medicine. And then..."

Before the King could finish his sentence, Paco showed up in the meadow. "And then what?"

#183324 - 02/09/09 01:40 AM Re: {Spoilers} The Legend of the Great Sea Monster [Re: HappyPlayer]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Episode Thirtyone: Into the Light

Paco threw a potion bottle down on the ground, and a puff of smoke and light came out. "And then," they all heard him shout as he stepped into the garden, "all of you are invited to the Great Race, where one of you will run against me. Winner takes all!" Paco laughed loudly. Blanne grabbed his mother's and father's hand. Together, they caused a storm to start and lightning flashed around them. However, the quick Paco threw down another potion bottle. After the smoke cleared, both him and Lakia were gone.

The worried villagers began to pace back and forth across the center of the garden. Finally, King Ipo and Queen Iso spoke up and assured them that they needed to rest. The Great Race happens the same time every year, which happened to be the next day. They planned it so that everyone that they needed would be there with them. King Ipo turned to Piku.
"Young man, you are the fastest runner I've ever seen. I am putting my trust in you. My kingdom is in your hands. Isola herself will be grateful for your service to her. You were brought here for this moment."
Piku paused a moment and then replied. "I have spent many years trying to slow down. You're Highness, it will be an honor and a pleasure to run in the Great Race, and run my fastest."

A great feast had been prepared. After everyone ate, Dodo found Jem at the edge of the garden where Paco had stood. "Something about Paco is very familiar to me," she told him. "In fact, the king and queen seem familiar too." Dodo was a little puzzled.
"Of course, aren't you a princess also?" he asked her.
"No. I'm not even related to Lakia. I was 4 years old when arrived in a crate and was found by Lakia's parents. She had just been named."
"Well, you have been a great sister. Lakia has never treated you like you were different." Dodo commented.
"Lakia doesn't know." Jem replied.

Then King and Queen gathered everyone together to say good night. The royal attendants showed the ladies and gentlemen where to sleep. If they hadn't been so worn out from their long day, none of them would have slept at all. Blanne couldn't sleep at all, and decided to go for a swim.

As soon as the sun came up, Leia and Weeko were awoken by children standing in the entryway of the cave. Among them was a little boy in golden clothing, who woke up Kali. "I see that you received help." Kali tried to wipe the sleep out of her eyes. "When I found out from my brother Blanne that you were all alone, I quickly opened up the boulder and asked for volunteers. While we were still deciding who to send, Leia and Weeko went into the cave," he continued. "Only, I didn't have a chance to warn them about the water."
"It was my fault they fell!" Shuka cried out! "I was playing in the stream, looking for the pearl, and had splashed the stones." Shuka let out a deep breath as if it had been a heavy weight sitting on her chest.

"Shuka!" cried out the little boy. "I didn't recognize you!"
"Do I know you?" Shuka looked over the golden child's royal clothing and bald little head.
"We used to play tag together when I was little." Everyone around them laughed. This seemed like a funny statement to everyone since he seemed to only be 5 years old for over 40 years. "Shuka, it's me, Moki! The King's son!" Shuka screamed in delight. "Mother finally found me. The pearl had changed me. I promised her that I would stay here and protect her people, the Mountain People. And so I feed them and heal them every day." Shuka was speechless. She simply hugged him really tight, as if he were her own child. "I have one more thing I must do." Then he pulled Kali by the hand and rushed through the village.

As the light of dawn peeked over the mountain, Kali found a man, about her age, harvesting crops. He had dark hair, but a soft sweet smile. "Tofo!" She cried! The man turned around, and as if a dream had ended, he suddenly realized who he was. Flashes of his past came pouring into his memory. Kali spoke to him again, this time a little softer. "Tofo?"
"Kali?" he asked unsure.
"Tofo!! Yes, it's me, Kali!" She hugged him. She was very excited about finding him healthy and strong. They talked as Moki gathered the everyone together near the village center.

"We need the pearl and some branches of the Longevity Plant." Shuka replied when Moki asked why they had come. The five of them told the others about their adventure. In return Moki told the Waterfallers about Queen Iso.
"King Ipo is from Isola, and Queen Iso, is from The Mountain Island. Many years ago, they brought along their firstborn, Keiki, while visiting there. Her daughter became separated from them when the volcano erupted and everyone fled. Keiki ended up here on the southern shore, but was still a child. Queen Iso discovered she was here while looking through the crack in the boulder one day. Back then she didn't have a way to move the boulder since it was so large. She came here often to look through the crack." Moki stopped and pointed at the cave.

"But how did you get here?" Kali asked the golden child.
"One day, I was playing in the stream nearby while she wished on the medallion that someone would take care of her little girl and her people. It took a long time for us to figure it out, that I was lost into the stream. When she used her pearl to find me, it only made me more and more young. When the faith of the Mountain People grew strong, the Guiding Hand chose a mother for me. I was so happy to free from being a spirit in the water, I promised that I would take care of the Mountain People! Now I am a spirit of Peace and Happiness!" He waved his arms in the air and butterflies gathered around him like little sparkles.

"Anyway, Keiki grew up, got married, and Leia is her only daughter." Moki finished.
Leia was quite surprised. "I'm the granddaughter of the Queen?!" she fainted for a moment. Someone brought over a bunch of Longevity Plant leaves, and Leia felt better than ever.

Then Moki went into one of the huts and came out with the pearl. "You are welcome to stay, but if you must leave, you will also be welcomed back." Leia and Weeko decided to stay for awhile. Shuka told Moki about the Great Race, and how she suspects that Paco is up to something. She would take Akio and Kali to the palace and see if the Queen shows up there. There wasn't much time left, since it was a long journey and the Great Race would start before the sun set again.

Just then, there was a splash at the beach. The villagers backed away as a pair of eyes were seen in the waves...

#184617 - 03/07/09 07:28 AM Re: {Spoilers} The Legend of the Great Sea Monster [Re: HappyPlayer]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Episode Thirtytwo: To the North Shore!

When Lakia woke up that morning, she discovered that she had been taken to what was once the Northern Palace. She saw the remains of many huts, and no other villagers, except Paco. "Perhaps, the storm washed everything away," she thought to herself. Then she realized that Paco was running around, putting things down in various places around the village.

Suddenly Paco took her by the arm and led her to the alchemy lab of the village. He gathered a couple of jars in his arms. "These are to mark the path of the Great Race." Paco told her. "Up there," he pointed at the worn down hut they had just come from, at the tip top of the mountainous terrain that overshadowed their surroundings. "That's where the great Palace of Prosperity used to be. But you can watch the race from the Amphitheater. Meanwhile, stay here." Paco then offered her to sit down at a beautiful wooden table with several lovely chairs, and then he left again to continue his quest. Lakia watched as he ran about the village setting them down. Where would she go anyway?

In the lab, she saw a large grey kettle atop a small little fire. There were herbs on the table so she thought she would make a stew. She was very hungry, so she looked over the bamboo walls to search for food to put it as well. Bees were building a new hive nearby the shore, but she wouldn't know how to collect it, even if she could get past Paco. There weren't any coconut or fruit trees except the tree that sat way up on the ridge on the other side of the village as well. "Snap!" A large snapping clam, snapped open and closed by the seashore. The coral was beautiful! Lakia considered fishing until she saw the sharks in the ocean. A little nervous, but definitely starving, she decided to mix the herbs at the table where she sat, and taste to see how it was.

The mixture exploded, breaking the kettle and setting the lab on fire! Paco hurried in and carried Lakia out and to safety. He saw that she was a little bit weakened from it and took her to the village hospital. Lakia was very surprised. "That was kind of you to save me like that." she told Paco gratefully.
"Hmph!" Paco pouted. "I'm not trying to hurt you." Then he left again, first to make sure the fire was out, and then to finish putting out his race markers.
The mat where Paco had laid her was merely a wrapped stack of dried leaves and branches. It was much like what she slept on at home. All along the edges of the room were little sacks. Some of them held seeds, and some of them held little herbal plants. The fragrance was delightful. The room didn't have a ceiling, and she wondered what she would do if it started to rain.

Before leaving the Darkened Forest, Dodo thought it wise to ask the Guiding Hand whether they really should take the challenge made by Paco to see who is the fastest runner. The Guiding Hand agreed that anyone and everyone could race to see if Paco is the fastest.

So the group packed up their things and started through the forest. King Ipo led the way, while Queen Iso stayed in the center of the group answering questions. They only stopped for lunch. The forest became thick with shrubs and trees the further north they went. The road slowly changed from grass, to dirt, to stone. They were amazed at how much color surrounded the area. Finally, they approached a range of mountains that were as far as their eyes could see, with a small valley of which their stone road was leading to. The walkway looked new. Up at the top of the mountainous terrain was the large worn out Palace of Prosperity. The King and Queen stopped for a moment to look. Queen Iso began to cry, and King Ipo gave her a warm embrace, holding her head in his shoulder. "A new day is beginning." King Ipo told her. Queen Iso smiled and nodded. They pushed away the branches that covered up the stone steps in front of them. Then the King and Queen led their little group to an area behind a large basin of water.

Shuka watched in awe as the eyes in the waves drew closer to the coast. "Run!" She finally called out. The entire group of villagers came running to the shore. "No! Run away from here!" Shuka shouted at them. The great legendary sea creature swam right up to the shore in front of her and spoke. "Good morning Princess Shuka! Will the King's sister invite me to speak with her?"

While Shuka watched in wonder, she nervously shook her head, "No," and backed away.
Moki then walked over to Blanne, patted him on the head, and said teasingly, "Don't feel bad, Blanne. She didn't remember me either."
"Really?" Blanne replied to his brother. "Oh well. Would you mind helping me out of the water?" By this time a large crowd of villagers had gathered around him, shouting, "Me! Me! I want to go for a ride!" Blanne smiled and told them all that he would be back later.
Kali walked up to Blanne and looked him in the eyes. "It's you! It's really you!" And then she hugged the great creature. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! If it weren't for you, all five of us kids would have starved! And now we all have families. Thank you!"

Moki took Shuka by the hand and pulled her over to Blanne. He placed her hand on Blanne's head. As soon as Shuka's hand touched Blanne he transformed. His coral crown shimmered in the sun. His colorful robe reflected off the ocean water, making him look like he was glowing. And yet, he kneeled down, pulling Moki down with him. "Princess Shuka, the King and Queen want you at the Palace. May I offer you a ride to the north?"

"I thought the King and Queen were dead?" Shuka said in surprise.
"No, Paco made them leave the Palace after taking my father's medallion. But today at the Great Race, we have a chance to take back the throne... your throne."
Shuka stopped for a moment and thought before speaking. "Your throne, Blanne. Yes, I'll go with you. We were getting ready to walk there anyway, because something about Paco didn't seem right. Can you take Kali and Akio as well?"
"Of course!" Blanne said with a beaming smile. "It would be my pleasure!" He held his medallion up to the sun and became the Great Sea Spirit again.

Moki, Tofo, Leia and Weeko, all waved as they sped across the water. For the first time in a long time, Shuka laughed. Before long they could see the beautiful coral reef shimmering in the afternoon sunlight...

#184799 - 03/12/09 05:09 AM Re: {Spoilers} The Legend of the Great Sea Monster [Re: HappyPlayer]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Episode Thirtythree: The Great Race!
The Final Episode

Runners arrived from over the mountain, ran down the hillside into the village, and carried food to where it could be prepared for everyone there. Meanwhile, the King and Queen led the others into the village center, and met up with the Runners. As the morning turned to afternoon, they expected to see villagers from other villages, but none arrived. Finally they all sat down in the amphitheater to watch the festivity. Next to them was a beautiful jade statue. Hong told Samar that it was a statue of Isola, the Queen who's beauty was as unique as a little island. Her magic was so powerful that it still inhabits the island to this day.

Paco brought Lakia out of the medical hut and took her to the amphitheater. He told one of the Runners to watch her.
"Who will run in the Great Race?" Paco asked.
"I will." Piku replied.
"Winner takes all." Paco reminded them. "If I win, Ipo and Iso stay here and their family will rebuild the palace, where I will rule. And I will be known as 'the King who is the fastest.'"
"And if I win?" Piku asked.
"Then I will turn over the medallion to the King. But no one has ever beaten me." Paco laughed and walked over to the starting line.

Suddenly, at the shore, Blanne was warding off the sharks so that Shuka, Akio and Kali could get to the beach safely. "Mother!" shouted Lakia, and she tried to get free from her Runner watcher, but could not. But Kali and Akio came running over and in moments had joined her to watch the race. After many hugs, Shuka arrived in the amphitheater as well, and carefully approached the King and Queen. "You're highness, I have come to help." Shuka kneeled before them.
"Arise, Princess Shuka!" said the King excited to see her. "I missed you. Welcome home." he said with a laugh.
"Councilman Paco has the King's Northern Medallion, and has challenged us to see who is the fastest runner. We stand to lose the entire Island if he wins, and gain it all back if Piku is faster." Queen Iso told Shuka.
"But I have the Queen's Black Pearl, your majesty! This should help you." Shuka replied with a smile, and a curtsey.

Paco heard this and tried to get the pearl for himself. Samar quickly took it out of Shuka's hand and cleverly climbed up a beautiful jade statue that was between the amphitheater and the path that led to an equally beautiful door. Paco ran up the path in order to catch up to Samar, and caught him as he reached the top. Samar stopped there and noted the lovely ocean below - which he didn't want to fall into. Paco leaped forward to grab the pearl, knocking it out of Samar's hands. Since he was at the top of the curve of the path, it bounced down the walkway and onto the coral reef at the shore. Before Paco could get down the path, the beautiful black pearl bounced right into the jaws of the snapping clam.

But this was the Legendary Clam! A powerful earthquake shook the entire island. Rocks fell from the mountain and damaged buildings below them. The great basin cracked and the water drained out. The boulders bounced and broke as they tumbled down. Then the great jade statue cracked loudly above them. The villagers all ran out to the village center, the only place that seemed safe. When the shaking stopped, Paco led Samar back to other villagers. Although many were scared, no one was hurt. They returned to their waiting place in the amphitheater.
"That was very brave of you Samar." Queen Iso told him as Paco shouted for the Race to begin.

Paco and Piku took their places by the starting jar. Paco pointed out the path they would take to Piku. When they were ready, a Runner at the top of the path, banged a small gong.

Paco and Piku raced with all their might. They even kept up even with one another the entire time. Blanne wanted to step in, but Isola had other ideas. Soon winter rains poured down from the sky. Wanting to help the race along, Lakia grabbed her necklace and spoke softly to the Guiding Hand. But nothing happened. The race continued. Dodo, seeing what Lakia was doing, tried the same. Still nothing happened. Piku and Paco continued to run the best race that any villager had ever seen. They ran through the gardens, the buildings, through the empty orchard, across the village center, up the walkway that led to the beautiful jade door and back, and even across the steps of the amphitheater!

Finally, Paco let out a burst of speed as crossed the amphitheater steps a second time. Here he slipped in a puddle and went flying into a stone seat. He twisted his ankle and became very angry as he lay on the ground in pain.
"I don't want to run anymore anyway!" He yelled out and pulled a vial out of his pocket. "I have a potion here that will make us all stop running!" Paco's eyes filled with tears and he pouted like a little child. It was then that Jem remembered where she had seen that sad face before.

"Wait!" Jem cried out. "Father! It's me, your daughter, Jem!" She ran to Paco's side and touched his hand. He looked in her eyes and realized that he knew her face. "It's me Father! I still remember the day that Mother died from the illness that everyone had and you packaged me in the crate. You gave me food and water, and then kissed me on the head. You said that Isola would take care of me." Jem desperately looked into Paco's eyes. If he threw his potion they could all become very slow if not very sick. "Please, Daddy, please don't do this!"
Those happened to be the same words that Jem called out to him when he put the last nail in the crate that held her and a neighbor's child, before they were washed out to the ocean. At the time Paco thought that he was dying too and would not be able to help her. He sought out as many herbs on the island as he had strength for, and found his cure. However, in his desire to be the fastest runner, he became obsessed with the island's herbs. He had convinced himself that Isola was taking care of his daughter, and did not expect on this day to see her grown up face.
"Jem?" Paco asked. "But how?"
"I made sure that her crate arrived into the Queen's grand-daughter's care." Blanne said. "After all, Jem is like family."
Paco set down the potion vial and hugged his daughter. "I'm so sorry! I've missed you so much! Come to the palace and live with me."
Jem let go and held his hand carefully. "No, Father. The western shore is my home. Why don't you come and live with me for a while. Teach us what you know about herbs and medicine. Teach all the villages what you know about herbs and medicine."
Paco looked around at the questioning faces and realized that he needed to make amends with many villagers. He got up and began to limp over to a rock where he could sit down Hong and Samar grabbed him by the sides and carried him to a nice place. Dodo looked over his injury, and offered to bandage him up. Lakia told Dodo where he could find herbs there in the hospital. Then the King and Queen offered to go to the alchemy lab to see if they could make a mixture to help heal him. But Shuka spoke up about having the Longevity Plant leaf that she brought back from the southern shore. Blanne gathered some water from a nearby waterfall to wash off Paco's wound. Piku tore a piece of his clothing to give to Dodo for the bandage.

Paco was surprised that everyone was being so kind to him considering all the trouble he had put them through. And so, Paco agreed to go with Jem, and began his apologies to everyone right away. He handed the Northern Medallion to the King, and the rain stopped pouring.

"How will we get home?" Piku asked. "The walkway is now blocked with all the stones from the earthquake. It will weeks or even months to clear it."
"I know a great way to travel!" Lakia said joyfully. She winked at Blanne, and he laughed.
"Alright then. I think I can transform into a large enough fish to carry everyone." Prince Blanne said.

Lakia saw that everything was done that needed to be done. She hung up her beautiful gold and scarlet garment on a hook at the amphitheater. She saw the King behind her and asked if he knew why the Western Medallion didn't help them win the race.
"The magic is not within the medallion, princess Lakia, it is within your heart." And then he turned and hung his medallion on the hook over the golden garment. "I am retiring. It's time for a new ruler."

Lakia and Dodo looked at each other and both said, "What an adventure!" and then they both laughed. Everyone gathered to the shore, and clung to Blanne, to be brought back to their respective homes.

"Princess Shuka," Blanne said, "your throne on the Eastern Shore has been empty for many years. Are you ready to come back?"
"No, but I know who would make a great leader!" Shuka said in her dramatic way. "Right now, I need to prepare Dodo and Lakia to lead the western tribe."
With that Blanne Sagawa, the Great Sea Spirit sped the great group of villagers into the sunset, leaving the northern village empty again.

Upon returning home, they found that Shuka's raft was finished. Highest Elder Tarik saw that the population of the western shore had grown beyond what the land could withstand. He proposed to Dodo and Lakia that they use the raft and allow some villagers to seek out more room on other parts of the island. It was a hard decision, but they too saw the need. They called a gathering together at the gong, and choose villagers out of those who would volunteer to go. They carefully picked a small family of three, a widowed mother and her child, one of her best apprenticed builders and the builder's cousin, and the most adventurous of the crate kids. Jem would have been proud of that little youngster.

The King and Queen decided to pass on the Eastern Kingdom to Samar for his acts of bravery. In a colorful ceremony on the western shore, Lakia and Dodo were granted joint leadership over Western Isola. During the ceremony, they were told to unite their pieces of medallion. Dodo stopped just before doing so, and asked Lakia to marry him. Lakia happily agreed and held out her side of the medallion. When the two pieces met, both Dodo and Lakia glowed, the gong sounded, and the sweetest fragrance filled the air. All the villagers turned to look at the gong when it rang. The cracks in it sealed up as if it were never broken in the first place. After that, the gong was no longer unpredictable.

Samar bravely led the Eastern Isolan villagers. When the time came and his wife presented their child, they discovered that they had a son. They named him Blanne Sagawa Leaderson. He was smart and brave, and a great swimmer. Samar moved the remains of the Palace of Prosperity and all it's belongings to the highest point at the top of the Rim of Promise. He had the royal attendants build a whole new city between the mountainous walls of the great canyon that separated the East from West Isola. Samar proudly wore the beautiful Eastern Medallion around his neck, and would walk along the rim every evening to praise the Guiding Hand for all the blessings of his land.

On the western shore Dodo did most of the leading, while Lakia loved to tell the story of their adventure. On many ocassions you could hear her cry out, "Gather around children! I, Lakia, great-grand-daughter of the Great Queen Iso, will tell you a great tale! Gather around, and I will tell you the tale of a Great Leader and a Great Sea Monster!" Lakia held a fish in her hands. She was the most dramatic of all the storytellers.

The End.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Author's Note: Thank you, everyone, for reading my story. It was a pleasure to write. I hope you enjoyed it to the very end! - HappyPlayer laugh

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter