Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#156327 - 06/10/08 01:48 AM Re: VV3 Official Guide is available! [Re: obrn]
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
Originally Posted By: obrn
I can truthfully say, this was the biggest waste of money buying VV3...it's way to hard and the spoilers or hints that are given is like muddy water...I wish I didn't buy this..but then I thought it was going to be like VV1 and VV2...I can start the village, but when the honey and fruit tree are all used up, my people die cause there is no more food source...a big waste of money...

The honey and trees replenish. If your tribe has those and still starved, you either let your farmers get sick, or you made way too many villagers to early. \:\)

#156361 - 06/10/08 04:24 AM Re: VV3 Official Guide is available! [Re: obrn]
Nemyar Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: obrn
I can truthfully say, this was the biggest waste of money buying VV3...it's way to hard and the spoilers or hints that are given is like muddy water...I wish I didn't buy this..but then I thought it was going to be like VV1 and VV2...I can start the village, but when the honey and fruit tree are all used up, my people die cause there is no more food source...a big waste of money...

Are you saying, it's a big waste of money just because it's too hard?

#156701 - 06/11/08 04:48 PM Re: VV3 Official Guide is available! [Re: Nemyar]
Gamemastr1 Offline
Graphics Wizard

Obrn,

I am sorry to hear you are disappointed with the game. I would like to share my experience with VV3. I too found it difficult to keep my tribes alive when I first started playing. My first tribe ran out of honey before my tree mature. Then I ran out of honey and fruit before I got the next food source. It took me 6 tribes before I succeeded. Each failed tribe taught me something new. I know it is not the easiest thing to accomplish in the beginning but that, in my opinion, is what sets the Virtual Villagers series apart from the other games.

It is possible to succeed. If one approach does not work, reanalyze what went wrong and tweak your next approach. I like the challenge VV3 gives, and I do understand the frustration of a failed tribe, I really do, but if you work at it and remember to pause the game while you are gone, you will survive. \:\)

#157349 - 06/14/08 03:50 PM Re: VV3 Official Guide is available! [Re: Gamemastr1]
sherbear1224 Offline

Loc: pa
That's the thrill of it, not knowing what you are doing. I try not to look at he hint and spoiler page unless I really have to. Think of it this way, If we were put on an island and there was nothing around would we survive? I had to pause mine cause I went on vacation, I didn't want to come back to dead people. And all the time I kept thinking what to do next.
Not all games are easy to play, and not everything in life is easy either. Keep playing, you'll get it son.

#168529 - 08/18/08 05:31 AM Re: VV3 Official Guide is available! [Re: marybels]
eikorina Offline

thanks so much...now i can start a new tribe coz they all died from suffer of not enough food...hehe...

#169960 - 08/30/08 04:49 PM Re: VV3 Official Guide is available! [Re: eikorina]
pabs Offline

Loc: BRISTOL, ENGLAND
I love vv3 and i think you are right in saying that the point of the game is to learn from our mistakes , i made too many villagers too quick and i ran out of children to collect things , but they are all still alive except one that had an accident in the lab i am now trying to get enough tec points to get to the next level of food before they run out of food . i still think that the way to get points is very slow but i love it anyway and at 61 i dont think it was a waste of my money

#183619 - 02/12/09 04:36 AM Re: VV3 Official Guide is available! [Re: marybels]
Roxanne Offline

The following is a spoiler post, and the spoiler text has been hidden. - Admin

Click to reveal..
obrn...if you're still around...once you use the potion to get rid of the sharks then you will have an endless supply of fish and crabs for the villagers to fish for. So if the fruit and honey are not available, then have your villagers fish! wink

Edited by LadyCFII (02/12/09 04:38 AM)
Edit Reason: Hid spoiler, since this isn't a spoiler thread.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  LadyCFII, MissKathy, Rockmower, Xay 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter