Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 99 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#180944 - 12/30/08 11:20 PM [SPOILERS] 7 MAGIC FISH...1 WEEK TO FINISH!!!!
COIS Offline

Hey all,

I just finished the game and obtained my 7 magic fish. You will definitely have to do your research. There are many sites that give you cheats or rather combinations to create each of the 7 magic fish but obtaining and breeding them is where the work begins. The most important thing to do is to instantly buy two sets of cheap common fishes. This should give you about 10 fishes to start. You will obtain the 1st magic fish from these common eggs but creating this fish is pretty easy. I suggest opening an excel page and making an inventory of fishes you have, fishes you'll need (these can be obtained from a variety of sites, but i will say they are not entirely accurate. Each magic fish can be created through any hundreds of combinations so technically it would be easier if you already have a certain type of fish so that you would only need to worry about breeding the other fish to create your magic fish). But always breed similar fish at the beginning. This means you breed two silky spotanus or two twin-fin fatfish, etc. If you do not have two of the same fish as long as they have the same body..i.e. spotanus, fatfish, you can breed them. You have to do this in order for the fish to survive. Your initial goal is to make enough money to buy another tank which will help you sell more fish and to research fish environments which you can get at the store in order to start cross-breeding. In theory you can raise a lot of Green fin spotanus(Magic fish #1) and sell them between 45-70 dollars. Make enough money to research environment, food and advertising, in that order to be able to cross breed, feed your fish less and have more people visit your store. These take a ridiculous amount of time to take place and will take a few hours to complete the research. When you check the store there is a status line that will tell you how far along the research is taking place but once you finish researching environments you can start breeding fishes. There are 3 levels of research for food, environment and advertising which you should try to achieve. It makes life easier, but of course they are more expensive and take time so sell common breeds first before experimenting and trying to breed your remaining magic fish.

Your magic fish #2 will probably be hatched from your common eggs or unusual eggs and they sell for about 54-115 dollars and can definitely help you make a lot of money to aide in your research. Also buy the plants and accessories for your sale tank to entice and aide your fishes.

Its always exciting when you create another magic fish. Always try to have two of each fish so you can constantly breed them and all fishes that you don't need or used to breed your magic fish can be sold off to make more room for breeding other fishes. I ended up keeping my magic fish in tank one, breeding fish in tank 2 and baby fish and selling fish in the sale tank. You can keep the babies here because until age 19 they cannot be sold off anyway so you won't need to worry about them being sold.

I would suggest going 2x times the speed which you can change in the options and stop time when you have to leave the game. If you don't your fish will die and mess up your whole game. To speed up the fishes growth you will need to purchase the growth hormone. Move grown fish elsewhere temporarily and place all three drops of growth hormone in the tank with the babies. Each baby reacts a different way but this should be able to speed the time it takes for you to grow the fish. But of course this only makes sense once you have lots of money.

In the end, i had made 22,930 dollars
Sold 289 fishes and create 52 species.

Up Next...I will post combinations and some more info from my spreadsheets....Questions? ask me....

cheers

Edited by LadyCFII (12/31/08 12:15 AM)

#180981 - 12/31/08 12:55 PM Re: [SPOILERS] 7 MAGIC FISH...1 WEEK TO FINISH!!!! [Re: COIS]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Take a look in the Fish Tycoon Guide forum. There are plenty of guides and spreadsheets in there.

#181035 - 01/01/09 01:50 AM Re: [SPOILERS] 7 MAGIC FISH...1 WEEK TO FINISH!!!! [Re: arnie]
COIS Offline

Lol...i was going to post my own conclusions...how i won the game...

cheers

#181049 - 01/01/09 08:15 AM Re: [SPOILERS] 7 MAGIC FISH...1 WEEK TO FINISH!!!! [Re: COIS]
Becca123 Offline
Guru

Loc: In a happy place =D
Very good effort, you should post that in the Fish Tycoon Guide. smile

#181375 - 01/09/09 03:54 PM Re: [SPOILERS] 7 MAGIC FISH...1 WEEK TO FINISH!!!! [Re: Becca123]
fishinggoddess Offline

Can any one tell me how to create a Orange Fatfish??????????????

#181376 - 01/09/09 04:16 PM Re: [SPOILERS] 7 MAGIC FISH...1 WEEK TO FINISH!!!! [Re: fishinggoddess]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The genetics in the iPhone version are the same as for the Mac and Windows versions. There are many breeding references in our Fish Tycoon Guide Section, but here is one combination to get you started:

Greenfin and Silky = Orange
Shark and Fruitfish = Fatfish

#181537 - 01/14/09 02:39 AM Re: [SPOILERS] 7 MAGIC FISH...1 WEEK TO FINISH!!!! [Re: LadyCFII]
AussieFisherGirl Offline

Loc: Australia
holy moly...guess i better get on to it! im never going to get there...my friends are getting annoyed with me cos im always checking on my fish haha...

some good tip thou, like breeding the same species to sell and getting the second tank...

thanks!!

#182566 - 01/29/09 03:25 AM Re: [SPOILERS] 7 MAGIC FISH...1 WEEK TO FINISH!!!! [Re: AussieFisherGirl]
djenvz Offline
Trainee

Yey I just finished the game too ... on the iPhone LITE version!! Took two weeks! grin Read up and followed a lot of LadyCFII's suggestions! Thank you LadyCFII!!!

#182569 - 01/29/09 05:01 AM Re: [SPOILERS] 7 MAGIC FISH...1 WEEK TO FINISH!!!! [Re: djenvz]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Awwwww! blush You're welcome! smile

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter