Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 129 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#18142 - 02/15/06 05:25 PM Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
dknight Offline
Adviser

Loc: Broken Arrow, OK.
First let me say I love the Fish Tycoon game I am a big fan of the Sim genre and as well the RTS genre as well and you have merged the two superbly. What I would humbly ask if in the future maybe allow us to prduce some dangerous fish? maybe some that we have to keep seperated from other fish. Or there would be problems where the fish wouldnt get along.
Thanks again for the great game
Dean

#18143 - 02/21/06 06:05 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Acornah Offline

That would be a neat idea, but only if we got more tanks! lol.

#18144 - 02/25/06 01:24 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
More fish per tank, more to do then just breed & sell, more upgrades, more to work for, a chance to go out into the wild and catch fish you don't have to breed.

www.jamisings.com

#18145 - 02/25/06 02:47 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
baileyl03 Offline

Access to more fish tanks, ability to have both medicine at same time. Additional things to purchase and some surprise a long the way. Ability to print inventory and statistis of purchases/expenses--method to keep a simple profit and loss statement, Good teaching/learning tools. Very cool game and no blood, guts, sex and violence and still very addicting. Way to GO!!

#18146 - 03/02/06 08:10 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Christineeve Offline

I'd like to have a franchising option. Where I can earn a high enough level and franchise my other accounts. I'd love to be able to share fish and resources between accounts.

Meaning, I guess once I reach a high enough level on one account, I can "buy" another account and combine the resources.

I'd love to see more medicine slots and an undo feature for when I accidently buy something I don't want. Or a sell back feature.

It's a fun game. I found it on Gamespy and play every single day!

#18147 - 03/04/06 01:39 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Thiris Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Utah
more magic fish
like fish of money or fish of life to make your fish live forever

#18148 - 03/04/06 01:40 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Thiris Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Utah
more eggs to

#18149 - 03/14/06 09:44 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Honor Offline

Glad to have found this forum.

I wonder, do the creators actually read these boards?

The more I play, I find it would be REALLY handy to have a feature that helps you log, or automatically logs, the genetic recombinations you have done and shows the result. Right now I keep track using an Excel file on my computer, but sometimes babies die before you see what they are, or I just don't get around to filling in the Excel spreadsheet, since I have to open a whole new program.

So it would be really nice, and make sense, to have some kind of log in game that lets us track the new fish creations.

ETA:
Well I just found the fish tracker programme, but I still think something in game would be neat...could look like a researchers log too.

On another note.... being able to tell and utilize the fishes sex would be a nice touch. I've noticed now that you can mate fishA to fishB and fishA gets pregenant... and you can breed fishB to fishC and fishB gets preg. as well. That doesn't make sense!! I know we have to suspend disbelief to a certain point, but right now, the asexual fish thing is just kind of silly. I know SOME fish can do it, but that's under extreme conditions, not typical tank fish... so being able to have male/female fish would not only be more fun because of it's realism...but would also impart an extra challenge. If you really want to get special, you could even color/mark the male and female accordingly.

Edited by Honor (03/14/06 10:18 PM)

#18150 - 03/14/06 10:25 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
We do read the boards.

While we don't reply to all of the amazing suggestions everyone makes here, we do keep track of them. We are collecting ideas and 'ammunition' for the sequel that we are planning.

The thing with the fish genders is more related to having a challenging but balanced puzzle within the game. If we made it necessary to also consider the gender of the fish that you are trying to breed, it would be MUCH harder to solve the (already challenging) mystery of the 7 fish.

#18151 - 03/15/06 12:31 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Archmage Offline
Expert

Loc: Mexico City, Mexico
Well, then it can be implemented on the HARD difficulty!!!

#18152 - 03/15/06 02:03 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
AlphaFemale Offline

Loc: Cape Cod,Massachuttes,USA
I agree w/ the more tanks. Some fis bred well and r fast sells hate to get rid of them just because there was no room. I'd like to see more Pred fish and maybe some Africains or someother kind of Cichlid. Need to up grade the meds too. If your useing fungus in 1 tank and need ick cure in another you should have to lose the fungus cure.
also more special eggs would be cool. How about some Eels
a nice tire eel for a fire Eel. I love the petshop idea but that needs work too. Have the guy answer questions. or maybe 1 petshop on line we all can buy and sell in. Need a huge up grade on the plants more would be nice too. Or how about more then 1 type of plant. got mad when it said "You already have that" well I guess I want more.

#18153 - 03/16/06 03:04 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
mpc425 Offline

Loc: Maine
Thanks, Carla! Makes it very easy to provide you folks with new ideas - without losing my job for spending too much time on the internet Or playing Fish Tycoon...not that I ever check my fishies during the day....

#18154 - 03/16/06 11:53 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
unsung Offline

I'd like to have a visible counter for each tank. It gets hard to count the little guys.

#18155 - 03/17/06 03:37 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
CaraBeans22 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Central CT
If you want to see a bunch of really good FT2 ideas look here

#18156 - 03/17/06 09:13 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
msdos Offline

I would like better graphics smth like http://www.dreamaquarium.com/

#18157 - 03/17/06 03:53 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
cheezfri Offline

Loc: St. Louis area
Quote:

I would like better graphics

I think the fish graphics are ok, but the customers could use alot of work. It looks like an entirely different artist designed them. Also maybe more customer variety and realistic interactions while in the store.

Another suggestion, expand the selection of thought bubbles, and have them actually correspond to something you can do to make them happy. Like they always want a stickfish (I forget the fin type at the moment; it looks blue.) I'm sure they don't really all want the stickfish; that's just one of the only graphics you have. It would be a nice little teaser for a customer to "think" of a crimson comet, or something you don't have yet. Then you have a small sense of accomplishment when you figure out how to breed one.

cheezfri

#18158 - 03/18/06 04:58 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
CaraBeans22 Offline
Consigliere

...Or maybe they can have a product in their thought bubble that you can drag over to them for an additional sale. I.e Ick meds etc. It would be nice to have something to do while in the fish store

#18159 - 03/19/06 01:27 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
x205a Offline

I would also like to see more magic fish and tanks. Another great addition would be new breeds of fish such as the Coelecanth.

#18160 - 03/22/06 05:20 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
YaelleG Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Baltimore
Is it possible that I might completely lose my mind & have to be institutionalized because of this game? I think so. The voices in my head say they cant wait for the sequel to come out also. Speaking of crazy, I have now found every type of fish possible except for 11. I am working on tiger & great sail snoopers, among others.

#18161 - 03/29/06 12:12 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Stickleback Offline

OMG! I hope the developers know what they got here.This sim has the potential to be really great! As posted all throughout this forum there is so much that could be added to such a fantastic game. Listen guys. Your fans speak.
I have been a gamer for over 15 years and it takes a simple little game like this to get me hook, line, and sinker(sorry little fishes).
Thanks for a great game.

ps. How bout "Puppy Tycoon"?

#18162 - 03/29/06 08:07 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
dcworld Offline

Love to see some saltwater fish. How about breeding shrimp, crabs, eels. Some live coral would be cool to.

#18163 - 03/29/06 08:51 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Gaetano Offline

I must also admit that I have been a gamer for a very long time and this little sim just bolled me over. It is a lot of fun. I would also ask for more tanks so I can breed in ernest. I would like about 10, but I'll take what I can get. Medicines, vitamines and extras should also be seperate so we don,t spend a lot of money having to re-buy the same stuff over and over.

Very good job.

#18164 - 04/01/06 10:25 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
angelac3 Offline

Sensational game. Can't wait for the sequel.

My suggestion for Fish Tycoon 2 is to make it even more dynamic by having regular "newsflashes" - things like "Demand for Crimson Groupers Hits All Time High" and then have the market price respond accordingly. Similar newsflashes could be "Mystery disease attacks Catfish" or "Fertility problems diagnosed in Goldbulbs" and these could have biological/breeding ramifications.

Also, I advocate ditching the customer with the red shirt and beard - he and his twin brothers give me the creeps.

#18165 - 04/01/06 02:29 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
egustafson Offline
Trainee

yeah, and maybe some multi-ethnic customers too. We obviously put our shop in white suburban cloneville.

#18166 - 04/03/06 02:15 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
glynda Offline

Quote:

Access to more fish tanks, ability to have both medicine at same time. Additional things to purchase and some surprise a long the way. Ability to print inventory and statistis of purchases/expenses--method to keep a simple profit and loss statement, Good teaching/learning tools. Very cool game and no blood, guts, sex and violence and still very addicting. Way to GO!!

ditto

#18167 - 04/03/06 02:17 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
glynda Offline

Quote:

. . . . Also, I advocate ditching the customer with the red shirt and beard - he and his twin brothers give me the creeps.

. . and they rarely buy anything.

#18168 - 04/03/06 01:06 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
CaraBeans22 Offline
Consigliere

LOL!

#18169 - 04/03/06 05:58 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Rainbowfish Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Central Valley, CA
I had an idea this morning for FT2.

In FT, the Golden Guppy is a legend and its powers are not known. So, in FT2, once all species are discovered and all the magic fish are found, have the program enable a new research line (like the research environment) but for researching the Golden Guppy's ability. maybe have it for level one, two, three, and four.

You could also have something like Research New Fish (this is after all of the 441 species are discovered), and this would do something like, in level one, it gives one new fish like, erm, Longfin Loach, and in level two, it gives two new fish to play with like, ah, er... Waveback Wrasse and Doublefin Catshark, or something like that.

Then each new fish could be backbred to the 21 original types to create even more new fish.

This is one way to satisfy the "more types of fish" that everyone seems to want!

And feel free to use the names that I came up with.

Rainbowfish

#18170 - 04/03/06 08:33 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
CaraBeans22 Offline
Consigliere

Wow, i never come up with good ideas like that!

#18171 - 04/03/06 09:13 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Rainbowfish Offline
Consigliere

I come up with them once in a blue moon.

Ergo, I've already used up my marvelous idea for this year. Hmph.

Rainbowfish

#18172 - 04/04/06 01:41 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
CaraBeans22 Offline
Consigliere

LOL! Hey that's better than anything I can admit to! The last "brain storm" I had was for this invention that I like to call the waterbed car seat. I just happened to forget about that little tradition we Americans have called winter.

#18173 - 04/04/06 02:45 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Rainbowfish Offline
Consigliere

<blink> Um, yes, wouldn't the water turn to ice in wintertime... hmm.

It'd work in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and of course, who can forget hotter than heck Australia?

hmm, of course, the water would then turn to steam.

Rainbowfish

#18174 - 04/04/06 03:21 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Rainbowfish Offline
Consigliere

Okay, I had another idea for FT2. It sort of ties in with one of my other ideas that I posted in one of the other FT suggestion threads... can't recall which one now...

Anyway, in my original post on the subject, I suggested that players be able to design their own tanks.

I was thinking, to make it a bit more challenging and interactive, you could let the players have a few choices upon beginning the game: one of two or three possible gravel colors, two or three different plants of the player's choice, one of two or three types of "hideout" - cave, rock, or bridge, for instance, that sort of thing.

Then, in the supplies shop, have various plants priced at different rates. Let's say, ah, Vallesneria for $20, Hornwort for $40, etc. As the players accumulate Isola bucks, they could buy more plants and decorate their tanks as they see fit (and it's something to do with the excess $$ when you start breeding the more expensive fish!). Along the same idea, as the player gets more money, she or he can buy, say, sand from the shop and switch the substrate in one of the tanks from gravel to sand. And rocks... I was thinking along the lines of custom built rock caves... a player would buy a rock, put it on the tank bottom, buy another rock, put it on top of that one, and eventually have a nice rock wall with holes in them for the fish to hide in.

Another thought I had while I was in the bath was to make the Golden Seahorse more useful. I don't know what it's for, because I've not seen any difference when I played a game with a golden seahorse and a game without one.

Another thought that I had was for the fish counter that everyone seems to want. You could do a cute little crimson comet (or whatever other fish takes your fancy) as the background for the number counter.

If you liked my earlier ideas about the new lines of golden guppy ability research and new fish genetics research (read back up er, five posts or so) and plan on implementing a form of it into FT2, you should also have something that sort of tells the player that they just found all 441 species of Isola Lagoon fish (something like the screen congratulations that we get when we find all 7 Magic Fish).

Oh, I just had an awesome brainstorm! Listen up - we've got the Isola Lagoon, right? There's the 7 Magic Fish and 441 species of Isola Lagoon. The next level in FT2 could be about the Isola Ocean! Totally different Magic Fish and species. And this could be the basis for my idea - let's say, researching the New Fish Genetics line might lead us to find a new fish from Isola Ocean, and then that first level of research could give us new eggs to play with - Ocean Eggs. We play with the common Ocean fish while the level two research goes on and gives us a new Ocean fish, and level three gives us something like... I don't know...maybe special plants - say, a seakelp of sanctuary - that help to let us breed and raise high level Ocean fish (like we can only raise canary fire-arrows in level three environment).

I'm not sure if I'd want for the Lagoon fish to be able to breed with Ocean fish, but it would be interesting in either scenario. Maybe make it possible only when the Canary Fire-Arrow is present in the breeding tank... hey that might even be its Special Ability.

Anyway, I think that's it for tonight.

Rainbowfish

#18175 - 04/16/06 01:16 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
lucymo Offline

my idea is for talking in the sale tank extra tanks but no one can tell me whan all this is gonna happen / like when will tycoon 2 be realeased.?

#18176 - 04/16/06 09:19 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
See my answer to your question here.

#18177 - 04/17/06 01:05 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
MarineMike Offline

Have smaller fish tanks like they do in real fish stores to keep the fighting fish seperate. Like when you click on them you can see the aggressive fish from the non-hostile fish.

Have them set as
Hostile
Friendly

This would make the game alot of fun seeing that kind of stuff in my view.

#18178 - 07/23/06 10:40 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Abbey Offline
Consigliere

Loc: SK, Canada
I'm like Rainbow The Blison Blueblue is like a new fish in ft2

#18179 - 07/23/06 05:34 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
SaxyT Offline
Guru

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I've read many people suggest extra tanks but it would be nice to hold an unlimited number of fish. Not for breeding ease, for trophies per say. Maybe a tank with no limit on the number of fish in it but one that you cannot breed in. Only suggesting because I find all the fish so cute and neat that it tears my up to sell one I don't need any more just to make room for new breeds. I'd like to keep them all!

#18180 - 07/26/06 04:39 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Llama Offline

First of all... GREAT GAME. After playing it for a while a total addict. As some others on this thread mentioned, a good way of tracking your data embedded in the game would great idea. Also it would be nice to have a difference between males and females. Higher screenresolutions, at least being able to run at 1024*768 which currently is the most common dekstopres. (please tell me I missed a button in the options menu somewhere) Needless to say: more tanks! In addition I would like to put my thumbs up for the "attacking fishes" idea. Last but not least: more tanks.

#18181 - 10/06/06 02:56 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
faye Offline

Loc: nys
i second, third, or whatever the suggestions of more tanks and/or increased capacities of the tanks as well as the ability to buy multiples - that is more than one set of eggs at a time, more than one medicine, (my one dissatisfaction with the game is having to surrender one medicine for the other so that i am paying for both but can only use 1 at a time).. a population counter for the tanks and a way to distinguish pregnant fishes..
a way to add decorative plants, features, and rearrange what is there - such as the temp regulator being next to the air in tank 2...
lighting, more varied sounds - the sound of the fish jumping is too frequent
it is interesting reading Arthur's comment regarding solving the puzzle - the fish are fun and relaxing to watch and breed that it is easy to loose sight of the 'puzzle' aspect! it is addicting!!

#18182 - 10/06/06 08:28 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
faye Offline

Loc: nys
one other suggestion that i neglected to put in my last post - more than 4 little fishes out of $1200 worth of eggs!

#18183 - 10/06/06 09:30 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
I think most people want extra tanks because we don't want to have to get rid of our favorite fish. I know that after beating the game the first time, I continued to breed fish, trying to make all 441 of the lil buggers. I also know that giving us access to more tanks would make things really easy.

As I see it, there are three possible solutions: make additional tanks incresingly ridiculous in price, OR only available for purchase as the number of species discovered increases, OR make them available only after the game has been beaten.

I also like the idea mentined earlier about giving the user options in the decoration of the tanks. Maybe the first tank could be a standard starter tank. Then when additional tanks are purchased, items are unlocked for purchase. This would allow the user to change the color of the rocks, decor in the tank, and even new backgrounds as the game went on. It would be really cool if there were a funtion where people who aren't tech save can "upload" their own backgrounds and decorations. I do think that the items should be unlocked slowly as certain events in the game occur, such as breeding the magic fish, discovering key numbers of species, or having sold key numbers of fish. By keeping the others greyed out and unavailable, it sets new goals for players. Also, decorative items should be available for purchase more than once incase we want a ship in more than one tank.

I love the fish, even though the lack of real size differences kinda bugged me sometimes. A shark and a carp the same size? Oy. I think it would be cool if some of the fish, while being the same species, came in different colors. Or have them different species with a slightly different breeding pattern. Like if you bred a Twin-Fin BlueGourami and a Silky GoldGourami together, you would randomly get either a Golden GoldGourami, or a Golden BlueGourami instead of some comepletely different type of fish. But if you bred either a BlueGourami or a GoldGourami with a Shark, you would still always get a Fatfish. That would make it a little more challenging for people actually trying to make their favorite tank.

Someone mentioned the idea of being able to sell other items while items while in the shop waiting for your fish to sell. I like this idea as far as having something to do, but it shouldn't be a major source of income. Maybe getting an extra buck or two for pushing fishfood or meds. I'd rather see a variety of little puzzles though; they could either earn you a few extra bucks, speed up the speed at which your fish sell, increases the price range where your fish would sell, or bring in more customers. Or fish trivia, even.

Thanks for listening.

#18184 - 10/10/06 04:26 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Rainbowfish Offline
Consigliere

Eyeshigh, I have another thread going titled, MiniGame Ideas. It's a thread for people to post ideas for minor puzzles or games embedded into Fish Tycoon or FT 2. Please do post your minigame ideas there! Maybe if enough of us ask for one, LDW will include one or two of them.

#18185 - 10/11/06 03:34 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

I also like the idea of additional tanks being available for huge Isolabucks and/or after all the magic fish have been found.

I got bored with the game when I became too limited with what I could do afterwards.

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#18186 - 10/14/06 08:07 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Nemyar Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

Fish should come in different size even if they are same age

#18187 - 10/19/06 04:09 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
xman Offline
Adviser

Loc: London, England
I wouldlike there to be a Transport option where a fish goes up for trade and another player could trade one of his fish with it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter