Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 120 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#18172 - 04/04/06 01:41 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
CaraBeans22 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Central CT
LOL! Hey that's better than anything I can admit to! The last "brain storm" I had was for this invention that I like to call the waterbed car seat. I just happened to forget about that little tradition we Americans have called winter.

#18173 - 04/04/06 02:45 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Rainbowfish Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Central Valley, CA
<blink> Um, yes, wouldn't the water turn to ice in wintertime... hmm.

It'd work in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and of course, who can forget hotter than heck Australia?

hmm, of course, the water would then turn to steam.

Rainbowfish

#18174 - 04/04/06 03:21 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Rainbowfish Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Central Valley, CA
Okay, I had another idea for FT2. It sort of ties in with one of my other ideas that I posted in one of the other FT suggestion threads... can't recall which one now...

Anyway, in my original post on the subject, I suggested that players be able to design their own tanks.

I was thinking, to make it a bit more challenging and interactive, you could let the players have a few choices upon beginning the game: one of two or three possible gravel colors, two or three different plants of the player's choice, one of two or three types of "hideout" - cave, rock, or bridge, for instance, that sort of thing.

Then, in the supplies shop, have various plants priced at different rates. Let's say, ah, Vallesneria for $20, Hornwort for $40, etc. As the players accumulate Isola bucks, they could buy more plants and decorate their tanks as they see fit (and it's something to do with the excess $$ when you start breeding the more expensive fish!). Along the same idea, as the player gets more money, she or he can buy, say, sand from the shop and switch the substrate in one of the tanks from gravel to sand. And rocks... I was thinking along the lines of custom built rock caves... a player would buy a rock, put it on the tank bottom, buy another rock, put it on top of that one, and eventually have a nice rock wall with holes in them for the fish to hide in.

Another thought I had while I was in the bath was to make the Golden Seahorse more useful. I don't know what it's for, because I've not seen any difference when I played a game with a golden seahorse and a game without one.

Another thought that I had was for the fish counter that everyone seems to want. You could do a cute little crimson comet (or whatever other fish takes your fancy) as the background for the number counter.

If you liked my earlier ideas about the new lines of golden guppy ability research and new fish genetics research (read back up er, five posts or so) and plan on implementing a form of it into FT2, you should also have something that sort of tells the player that they just found all 441 species of Isola Lagoon fish (something like the screen congratulations that we get when we find all 7 Magic Fish).

Oh, I just had an awesome brainstorm! Listen up - we've got the Isola Lagoon, right? There's the 7 Magic Fish and 441 species of Isola Lagoon. The next level in FT2 could be about the Isola Ocean! Totally different Magic Fish and species. And this could be the basis for my idea - let's say, researching the New Fish Genetics line might lead us to find a new fish from Isola Ocean, and then that first level of research could give us new eggs to play with - Ocean Eggs. We play with the common Ocean fish while the level two research goes on and gives us a new Ocean fish, and level three gives us something like... I don't know...maybe special plants - say, a seakelp of sanctuary - that help to let us breed and raise high level Ocean fish (like we can only raise canary fire-arrows in level three environment).

I'm not sure if I'd want for the Lagoon fish to be able to breed with Ocean fish, but it would be interesting in either scenario. Maybe make it possible only when the Canary Fire-Arrow is present in the breeding tank... hey that might even be its Special Ability.

Anyway, I think that's it for tonight.

Rainbowfish

#18175 - 04/16/06 01:16 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
lucymo Offline

my idea is for talking in the sale tank extra tanks but no one can tell me whan all this is gonna happen / like when will tycoon 2 be realeased.?

#18176 - 04/16/06 09:19 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
See my answer to your question here.

#18177 - 04/17/06 01:05 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
MarineMike Offline

Have smaller fish tanks like they do in real fish stores to keep the fighting fish seperate. Like when you click on them you can see the aggressive fish from the non-hostile fish.

Have them set as
Hostile
Friendly

This would make the game alot of fun seeing that kind of stuff in my view.

#18178 - 07/23/06 10:40 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Abbey Offline
Consigliere

Loc: SK, Canada
I'm like Rainbow The Blison Blueblue is like a new fish in ft2

#18179 - 07/23/06 05:34 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
SaxyT Offline
Guru

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I've read many people suggest extra tanks but it would be nice to hold an unlimited number of fish. Not for breeding ease, for trophies per say. Maybe a tank with no limit on the number of fish in it but one that you cannot breed in. Only suggesting because I find all the fish so cute and neat that it tears my up to sell one I don't need any more just to make room for new breeds. I'd like to keep them all!

#18180 - 07/26/06 04:39 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Llama Offline

First of all... GREAT GAME. After playing it for a while a total addict. As some others on this thread mentioned, a good way of tracking your data embedded in the game would great idea. Also it would be nice to have a difference between males and females. Higher screenresolutions, at least being able to run at 1024*768 which currently is the most common dekstopres. (please tell me I missed a button in the options menu somewhere) Needless to say: more tanks! In addition I would like to put my thumbs up for the "attacking fishes" idea. Last but not least: more tanks.

#18181 - 10/06/06 02:56 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
faye Offline

Loc: nys
i second, third, or whatever the suggestions of more tanks and/or increased capacities of the tanks as well as the ability to buy multiples - that is more than one set of eggs at a time, more than one medicine, (my one dissatisfaction with the game is having to surrender one medicine for the other so that i am paying for both but can only use 1 at a time).. a population counter for the tanks and a way to distinguish pregnant fishes..
a way to add decorative plants, features, and rearrange what is there - such as the temp regulator being next to the air in tank 2...
lighting, more varied sounds - the sound of the fish jumping is too frequent
it is interesting reading Arthur's comment regarding solving the puzzle - the fish are fun and relaxing to watch and breed that it is easy to loose sight of the 'puzzle' aspect! it is addicting!!

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter