Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 129 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#18142 - 02/15/06 05:25 PM Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
dknight Offline
Adviser

Loc: Broken Arrow, OK.
First let me say I love the Fish Tycoon game I am a big fan of the Sim genre and as well the RTS genre as well and you have merged the two superbly. What I would humbly ask if in the future maybe allow us to prduce some dangerous fish? maybe some that we have to keep seperated from other fish. Or there would be problems where the fish wouldnt get along.
Thanks again for the great game
Dean

#18143 - 02/21/06 06:05 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Acornah Offline

That would be a neat idea, but only if we got more tanks! lol.

#18144 - 02/25/06 01:24 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
More fish per tank, more to do then just breed & sell, more upgrades, more to work for, a chance to go out into the wild and catch fish you don't have to breed.

www.jamisings.com

#18145 - 02/25/06 02:47 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
baileyl03 Offline

Access to more fish tanks, ability to have both medicine at same time. Additional things to purchase and some surprise a long the way. Ability to print inventory and statistis of purchases/expenses--method to keep a simple profit and loss statement, Good teaching/learning tools. Very cool game and no blood, guts, sex and violence and still very addicting. Way to GO!!

#18146 - 03/02/06 08:10 AM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Christineeve Offline

I'd like to have a franchising option. Where I can earn a high enough level and franchise my other accounts. I'd love to be able to share fish and resources between accounts.

Meaning, I guess once I reach a high enough level on one account, I can "buy" another account and combine the resources.

I'd love to see more medicine slots and an undo feature for when I accidently buy something I don't want. Or a sell back feature.

It's a fun game. I found it on Gamespy and play every single day!

#18147 - 03/04/06 01:39 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Thiris Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Utah
more magic fish
like fish of money or fish of life to make your fish live forever

#18148 - 03/04/06 01:40 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Thiris Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Utah
more eggs to

#18149 - 03/14/06 09:44 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Honor Offline

Glad to have found this forum.

I wonder, do the creators actually read these boards?

The more I play, I find it would be REALLY handy to have a feature that helps you log, or automatically logs, the genetic recombinations you have done and shows the result. Right now I keep track using an Excel file on my computer, but sometimes babies die before you see what they are, or I just don't get around to filling in the Excel spreadsheet, since I have to open a whole new program.

So it would be really nice, and make sense, to have some kind of log in game that lets us track the new fish creations.

ETA:
Well I just found the fish tracker programme, but I still think something in game would be neat...could look like a researchers log too.

On another note.... being able to tell and utilize the fishes sex would be a nice touch. I've noticed now that you can mate fishA to fishB and fishA gets pregenant... and you can breed fishB to fishC and fishB gets preg. as well. That doesn't make sense!! I know we have to suspend disbelief to a certain point, but right now, the asexual fish thing is just kind of silly. I know SOME fish can do it, but that's under extreme conditions, not typical tank fish... so being able to have male/female fish would not only be more fun because of it's realism...but would also impart an extra challenge. If you really want to get special, you could even color/mark the male and female accordingly.

Edited by Honor (03/14/06 10:18 PM)

#18150 - 03/14/06 10:25 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
We do read the boards.

While we don't reply to all of the amazing suggestions everyone makes here, we do keep track of them. We are collecting ideas and 'ammunition' for the sequel that we are planning.

The thing with the fish genders is more related to having a challenging but balanced puzzle within the game. If we made it necessary to also consider the gender of the fish that you are trying to breed, it would be MUCH harder to solve the (already challenging) mystery of the 7 fish.

#18151 - 03/15/06 12:31 PM Re: Suggestions for Fish Tycoon 2
Archmage Offline
Expert

Loc: Mexico City, Mexico
Well, then it can be implemented on the HARD difficulty!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter