Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 152 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#180952 - 12/31/08 12:27 AM Help...running out of money.
SicMajiGleS Offline

Hey guys I just joined this forum to get some tips on how to play fish tycoon on iphone. I got the full version and afer I hatch about 3 lots of eggs I run out of money. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by LadyCFII (12/31/08 12:35 AM)
Edit Reason: Changed subject after moving post.

#180954 - 12/31/08 12:29 AM Re: Last Day of Work Gear [Re: SicMajiGleS]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere in NC
Are you selling your fish? That's the only way to make money in Fish Tycoon

Edit: Welcome to the forums!

Edited by Havetia (12/31/08 12:32 AM)
Edit Reason: to welcome

#180955 - 12/31/08 12:34 AM Re: Help...running out of money. [Re: SicMajiGleS]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
There are probably as many different strategies as there are people playing the game, but the most important thing is to make sure that you always have at least several common fish in your tanks (or a batch of common eggs) until you have better Fish Environment, and to care for them so that they stay healthy. Otherwise, you could find yourself with nothing but a bunch of fragile hybrids that won't survive and no money to buy anything with. Look for breeds that do well in the starting tank environment and sell for a reasonable price (at least $20) and keep breeding those fish to make money.

Here is one step by step guide to get started successfully in Fish Tycoon:

Drop the starter eggs into Tank 1. Go to the supplies area and buy some common eggs for $160. Drop them into Tank 1 and wait for them to hatch. If you want them to grow up quickly, you can set the game speed to fast, but you'll have to check your fish often to make sure that they are fed. They will grow up in less than 2 hours.

Once they are adults, try to find two fish EXACTLY the same. You can breed them successfully. Their babies will not lose health and die. If you can't find two fish exactly alike, choose two fish that are very similar (the same type of fish - for example Spotanus or Beta). If you breed these, even though their fins might be different, they will probably live to be adults. If you don't get any fish similar enough to breed successfully, you can always start a new game and try again. It's important not to cross breed species early in the game, because they will die and you won't have any money to buy more eggs.

If any of your fish get sick early in the game, you should probably not spend money on medicine until you have extra money. Once your new fish are grown up, you should move them to the selling tank (Tank $), and click the Sell Fish button. You will see the store screen. When a customer buys one of your fish the species, picture and price of that fish will be displayed in the information area below the store.

Keep breeding fish as described above until you have enough money to buy a second tank. Tank 2 will give you more room to breed fish and you will make money faster. Drag some of your fish to Tank 2 and keep breeding the same fish to make enough money to research tank improvements.

Remember to keep making money by breeding fish and selling them. Once you have made enough money to research Fish Environment, you will be able to breed more expensive species of fish.

#181152 - 01/04/09 01:56 AM Re: Help...running out of money. [Re: LadyCFII]
SicMajiGleS Offline

Yes thanks for that reply. Yes I am breeding the hybrids and they r dieing. I have level 2 in all areas which isnt real high i guess. Any other tips?

#181153 - 01/04/09 02:29 AM Re: Help...running out of money. [Re: SicMajiGleS]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere in NC
Try to stick to breeding ones that can live in your tank. There should be some magic fish that can live in level 2. If you can find them try to breed those to make more money. Otherwise breed the most expensive fish that lives in your tank.Then research level 3 as fast as possible. Hope this helps. Good luck. wink

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter