Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 146 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#183810 - 02/15/09 08:56 PM Re: iPod touch problem [Re: bebop]
fearboy Offline

I have a little information to add on this. From what I've gathered on the forums and in the FAQ, the belief seems to be that an iTunes (for Windows) bug causes the resets.

However, I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.6 (and iTunes 8.0.2, if that helps anything), and I had what sounds like exactly the same experience: I was playing along happily, then suddenly, the game reset completely, as though I'd pressed the Start Over button. Fish, tanks, ornaments - everything was gone, just as others have described here.

As it happens, I'd been showing a friend the game a few minutes before, and it had been fine. I saw the App Store had updates for a few of my apps - I allowed it to run, and went to check back on my fish, which is when I discovered the game had reset. So it seems the bug is not isolated to iTunes under Windows. I've never changed the time setting on the phone's internal clock, just to throw that out there.

Mine's an iPhone 3G running 2.2.1 - latest available as of this posting, and the version has not changed since I installed Fish Tycoon. I've synched many (MANY) times with my machine since I installed the game - the problem only occurred immediately after I ran updates from the App Store application on the phone itself.

Hope this helps the developers - and of course, I hope there's a patch soon. I love the game, but it sure is disappointing to lose days' worth of work.

#183815 - 02/15/09 10:08 PM Re: iPod touch problem [Re: fearboy]
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
From what I've read elsewhere the iPhone/iTouch has some issues with the memory fragmenting. I would have to assume that is part of the issue with this bug.

#184458 - 03/01/09 11:09 PM Re: Problem - the game restarts [Re: Hbruton]
Elusive Offline

Please fix this problem.

The iPod Touch is the perfect venue for this game because I can take it with me in a way I would not wish to do with my laptop, but twice now, after upgrading my environment, I've gone into the application to find that my fish are just gone. Not dead, but gone.

I just can't afford to spend time playing if this is going to keep happening, and I definitely can't afford to pay for the full version if this happens on it as well.

Also, I have not changed my system clock in order to make the game speed up.

Edited by Elusive (03/01/09 11:10 PM)

#184459 - 03/01/09 11:20 PM Re: Problem - the game restarts [Re: Elusive]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
We submitted the updates to Apple on February 24th, but they are not yet available on the App Store. frown

#184470 - 03/02/09 03:07 AM Re: Problem - the game restarts [Re: LadyCFII]
Elusive Offline

That's great news though, thank you! I'll keep an eye out for the update. I'm sorry if I missed a post about the fix, and I can't wait to start playing again smile

#184472 - 03/02/09 03:21 AM Re: Problem - the game restarts [Re: Elusive]
Unicorn

You haven't missed a post. I was waiting to say anything about it here until it was available on the App Store. There is a developer note about it already in the application listings for both the full and lite versions.

#184501 - 03/03/09 05:45 AM Re: Problem - the game restarts [Re: LadyCFII]
Unicorn

The updates should now be available on the iTunes App Store for both Fish Tycoon and Fish Tycoon Lite. The new update is 1.0.2 for both versions.

#184591 - 03/06/09 08:52 PM Re: Problem - the game restarts [Re: LadyCFII]
Egghead Offline

Just thought I'd post with my info. I played the free version on my Iphone 3G for several days without problems before moving up to the paid version recently. Since then I've had random resets upon re-entering the game (about once per day). I haven't messed with the phone's clock. I simply exited as I normally would and found the game had reset the next time I logged on. Just for reference, I didn't even use the phone between logging off and logging back on the last time. Also, I updated the game to 1.0.2 already so I know it's with the new update.

Hope you guys can resolve this. It's a great game otherwise!

#185344 - 03/25/09 07:52 PM Re: iPod touch problem [Re: kesali]
pimlico16 Offline

I have the same problem on my iPhone 3G - it happens when I am out of the game using another application, and then return to find my game gone and the startup screen there - and it's always when I am well on in the game, as well. Very frustrating. I do not mess around with the time as I always play at double speed from the start, and it has never happened when I am actually doing anything in the game, only when I am out of it.

I look forward to a patch to correct this ! It seems to be happening more recently - twice in a few days.

#185345 - 03/25/09 08:41 PM Re: iPod touch problem [Re: pimlico16]
Unicorn

Version 1.0.3 is now available for both the full and lite versions of Fish Tycoon. It implements a backup savegame structure, and we are hopeful that it will completely resolve the game reset issues.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter