Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 98 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#180488 - 12/23/08 02:09 PM iPhone ft - help with tanks
fidas Offline

hey i have a big problem. i have lite version of it right now. But both my tank one and sale tank i can just have only 7 fishes no more. how can i have more fishes in the tanks? is it reserch or is it cos of my lite version?

#180494 - 12/23/08 04:17 PM Re: iPhone ft - help with tanks [Re: fidas]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The difference between Fish Tycoon Lite and the full version is that the tanks hold 7 fish in the lite version and 21 fish in the full version. Also, in the full version, you can purchase a third tank that will hold 21 fish, as well. Other than those differences, the game play and features are identical.

#181391 - 01/10/09 01:36 AM Re: iPhone ft - help with tanks [Re: LadyCFII]
Carimina71 Offline

I need help...

I don't know what fish to sell, so my tanks are full of bread fish, all different and I can't make anymore pregnant because my tanks can't fit anymore fish. I'm afraid I will sell a fish I need to make a magic fish...I have my game time stopped because I can't play anymore

Edited by Carimina71 (01/10/09 01:36 AM)

#181392 - 01/10/09 02:18 AM Re: iPhone ft - help with tanks [Re: Carimina71]
Unicorn

The limited tank space has caused all of us a certain amount of agonizing over which fish to keep and which ones to sell!

There is no simple answer as to which fish to keep. There are so many possible fish in the game that it would take a LOT more tanks than you have to hold them all. You can use all of your tanks for breeding, but any adults you have in your selling tank will be for sale, so you have to be careful when you hit the "Sell Fish" button that there aren't any fish you want to keep in there.

The good news is that there are many, many ways to breed each of the possible fish, including all of the Magic Fish. Taking a systematic approach to your breeding cuts down the stress of having to sell off a bunch of fish because your tanks are full. One approach (once you have fully researched Fish Environment) is to keep a fish that interests you (e.g. a Spotanus), and breed it with each of the other fish in the tank. Once the babies are born, sell all of the parents except the Spotanus and breed it with the new fish once they grow up. If you keep doing that, you'll soon have some fish you've never seen before.

Many of us have kept track of our breeding results as a way of managing the large number of fish, using everything from simple spreadsheets to impressive databases. It's the only way I found to manage all of those fish! Of course, you can always download one of the breeding references in our Fish Tycoon Guide section. grin

#181394 - 01/10/09 02:24 AM Re: iPhone ft - help with tanks [Re: LadyCFII]
Carimina71 Offline

Thank you, I like that approach! I will start with my magic fish and bread it with all the fish I have...I think I may have to start all over and try the spreadsheets because I have a mess of fish right now that are hard to keep track of. That's ok thought, i love the game! I was at a stand still, I've purchased everything I can buy...twice and I'm not getting anywhere

#181404 - 01/10/09 04:51 AM Re: iPhone ft - help with tanks [Re: Carimina71]
Unicorn

Good luck! There are so many approaches to getting all the magic fish that I'm sure you'll be successful. smile

#182288 - 01/25/09 06:09 PM Re: iPhone ft - help with tanks [Re: LadyCFII]
djenvz Offline
Trainee

Speaking of tanks - are there some tank decorations that are necessary and do they help? smile I notice the snails and the aeration system go in both tanks (I have the iphone lite version too :)) and I as wondering if the tank decorations like the Diver Ornament and the coral or the temprature regulator help at all in the game play and do they appear in both tank one and sale tank? grin

#182291 - 01/25/09 06:51 PM Re: iPhone ft - help with tanks [Re: djenvz]
Unicorn

The temperature regulator is not an ornament; it's a beneficial part of setting up a healthy tank. The ornaments each appear in only one tank, but you can move them from tank to tank. They are helpful, beyond just looking nice. If you read the description of each item, you will get a better idea about what they do.

#182447 - 01/27/09 04:11 PM Re: iPhone ft - help with tanks [Re: LadyCFII]
djenvz Offline
Trainee

Hmm ... I know the temp regulator will prolly appear on both, but I think the tank decorations will only appear on my tank one as I only have the lite version grin

#182451 - 01/27/09 04:47 PM Re: iPhone ft - help with tanks [Re: djenvz]
Unicorn

The tank ornaments on the bottom row of the Supply Shop will appear in whatever tank is currently selected (as it says in the description), but you can move them between tanks.

#182497 - 01/28/09 04:29 AM Re: iPhone ft - help with tanks [Re: LadyCFII]
djenvz Offline
Trainee

Ah, as I only have the lite version though, which only has one tank and a sale tank - I can't move them to the sale tank, or can I?

#182499 - 01/28/09 04:54 AM Re: iPhone ft - help with tanks [Re: djenvz]
Unicorn

Yes, the ornaments can go in any of the tanks. I usually put my best ornaments in the sale tank.

#182522 - 01/28/09 02:56 PM Re: iPhone ft - help with tanks [Re: LadyCFII]
djenvz Offline
Trainee

Oh oh!!! I was trying it for the longest time with the pagoda and I couldn't move it to the sale tank but just now I was able to do it with the shell ornament!! smile Thank you LadyCFII for all your help!! I'm almost done! One more magic fish to go ... on the Lite Version! grin

#182526 - 01/28/09 03:35 PM Re: iPhone ft - help with tanks [Re: djenvz]
Unicorn

That's quite an accomplishment! Getting all of the Magic Fish is quite a challenge in the Lite version. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter