Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 196 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1761 - 12/04/04 06:28 AM The more exotic fishes...
Kilhd Offline

Nice forum and people here from what I see so far. : )

Anyways I can't seem to get the more uncommon babies to stay alive. I am on level2 of fish food research, and environment research. Any tips on what I should aim for next? TIA

#1762 - 12/04/04 11:41 AM Re: The more exotic fishes...
LadyCFII Administrator Online
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Until you research level 3 of fish environment, the more exotic fish will not survive. Fish food research won't help the babies survive; it just lets you feed the fish less often. The best thing to do is to breed and sell lots of fish that will survive at your current level of research in order to build up some cash. At level 2 of fish environment, you should be able to find several fish that will bring good prices. If you haven't purchased the second tank yet, I'd recommend working on that next, because you will be able to make money faster.

#1763 - 12/04/04 07:10 PM Re: The more exotic fishes...
Kilhd Offline

Thanks! : ) But you say I can come up with some fish that sell for good prices.. Well, what is a "good" price in this game? max. price I have been able to sell is $19 that seems a bit low though to me.

#1764 - 12/05/04 12:09 AM Re: The more exotic fishes...
Unicorn

Actually, that isn't too bad for the early part of the game. I managed to find a few Betas early on that sold in the low $20s. I've found that the prices in Fish Tycoon are much lower than the plant prices in Plant Tycoon.

#1765 - 12/05/04 02:41 AM Re: The more exotic fishes...
Catman51 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: L.A., CA
Barbara,
So true, Plant and Fish are 2 different games. But I must thank you for the breed alike tip until you have enough money. I started back into Plant Tycoon, and this time bred the same plants over and over until I could afford everything necessary to proceed with the game. Works like a charm for the fish and the plants!

#1766 - 12/05/04 06:31 AM Re: The more exotic fishes...
Kilhd Offline

Thanks guys.. and I will have to try the "breed two of a kind" on this I think. : )

#1767 - 12/05/04 10:27 AM Re: The more exotic fishes...
Unicorn

Yep, I started so many new games during the beta test that it didn't take long to learn the tricks of getting a good game going right from the beginning. It might seem boring to breed the same fish over and over just to get money, but it provides a great breeding environment in the fastest time possible.

#1768 - 12/05/04 07:35 PM Re: The more exotic fishes...
Anonymous
Unregistered

i`ve upgraded evrithing (food, enviroment,advertising)and i`ve found 3 magical fish (fertility, sustenance and growth). It looks like i`ve missed the 3th one. And it seems i cannot find more species, i keep stucked on 84 new species, and i can`t find the other magical fish. I already bought new eggs, the unusual and rare, and it doesn`t seem to get better. This is a difficult game you know? What else can I do? Another question: for the magical fish to work, is it necesary to keep at least one of them in each tank?
Astrid Fernandez, Mexico

#1769 - 12/06/04 03:12 PM Re: The more exotic fishes...
Unicorn

You might try keeping track of your fish breeding. You don't have to get very detailed, but it will help you try combinations you haven't tried before. Someone suggested in another thread that we tend to keep breeding the same fish over and over without realizing it.

For another approach, try taking one of the common fish (Spotanus, for example) and breeding that fish with each of your other fish, and then breed that same starting fish with the offspring of the new fish, etc. I think you'll soon have fish you've never seen before.

As for the magic fish, you must have at least one actually in your tank to get the benefit. The Magic Fish of Fertility only produces its benefit in the tank it is swimming in. I haven't specifically tested the others.

#1770 - 12/06/04 08:23 PM Re: The more exotic fishes...
Diana Offline
Legendary Tester

Quote:

As for the magic fish, you must have at least one actually in your tank to get the benefit. The Magic Fish of Fertility only produces its benefit in the tank it is swimming in. I haven't specifically tested the others.

That's right. For the effect to "work" the Magic fish has to be swimming in the tank in question. And this is for every Magic Fish.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter