Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 123 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#135788 - 04/29/08 11:36 AM Systems to release LDW games on
YaelleG Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Baltimore
Being a die-hard addict, I of course had to get Fish Tycoon when it came out on Nintendo DS. A lot of times I choose to carry my iPod touch around with me instead because I use it as sort of a PDA even though its an ipod it has mail and a calendar & all that so its very, very handy. Anyway, Apple has this SDK thing out where developers can submit their programs and one of the 1st things I thought of was Virtual Villagers! Imagine it on a touch screen! I dont really know how any of the technical stuff works so maybe its not even possible?? I dunno but I think it would be the greatest thing since oxygen. Oh my gosh that would be EVERYTHING I need in the world - internet, music, videos and my virtual village? Whoa.
I'd ask someone at LDW but there are um, 300,000,000 posts and god knows how many people constantly asking them things plus I'm sure someone must've thought of it already.

#135799 - 04/29/08 12:39 PM Re: Systems to release LDW games on [Re: YaelleG]
ColeDude101 Offline
Expert

Loc: The 1st state!Delaware!
I don't know if it will work either.

But it might!

And it would be awesome!

Im playing VV3 again,and I'm going to be more active on here now!

#135945 - 04/29/08 07:56 PM Re: Systems to release LDW games on [Re: ColeDude101]
Cinimod Offline
Expert

Loc: California
TRIPLE awsome

I stink therefore I am.

#136050 - 04/29/08 11:19 PM Re: Systems to release LDW games on [Re: Cinimod]
VVFanatic Offline
Guru

Loc: Texas
I have the same answer as Cole \:\)

VF2 -80%

#136162 - 04/30/08 06:11 AM Re: Systems to release LDW games on [Re: VVFanatic]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Loc: CA, USA
I don't see why not... the first version of the game, Village Sim, is for a palm operating system, which is almost completely touch screen.
(I actually had the demo on my old PDA and loved[!!]carrying my people around with me!)

The difference here is that the Palm OS is not like Apple OS. Maybe after they are done with VV3 they will consider creating a spoof of the village sim for the mac peeps! \:D

#143039 - 05/13/08 12:59 PM Re: Systems to release LDW games on [Re: HappyPlayer]
Lailai Offline
Master

Loc: Ldw Forums
And Linux,
**Oh wait, that would be too hard...

#170282 - 09/02/08 07:27 AM Re: Systems to release LDW games on [Re: Lailai]
YaelleG Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Baltimore
Its about 5 months later & having forgotten that I wrote this thread back then, I found myself searching the forums to see if anyone had ever mentioned anything about it. Now I have an iPhone & I really need an excuse to not ever get anything done. What better way to ensure that happens than by putting an LDW game on it? OOOOH my gosh the mere thought of VV living in my phone...
It'd be awesome because of the whole real time strategy thing...I cannot imagine any single app in the world I'd like more than a Virtual Villagers game on my iPhone. And I'd probably pay some ridiculous amount for it too...(thats me trying to get them to have cha-ching dollar-sign eyes...

#170309 - 09/02/08 04:07 PM Re: Systems to release LDW games on [Re: YaelleG]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Loc: Right behind you.
I'm not sure VV qualifies as an RTS, but I do think that the iPhone would probably be a good platform for it. The thing is, I dislike the iPhone immensely.

As for Linux, I don't think that'd be particularly hard; it'd likely be easier than putting it on a cell-phone, while retaining all of the aspects that make it fun now. Perhaps the biggest problem with putting it on a cell phone is the typical size of most cell games, compared to the size of VV. Making it functional in Linux wouldn't face the limitations of disk space, memory, and CPU that a cell game has to cope with.

#170321 - 09/02/08 06:38 PM Re: Systems to release LDW games on [Re: Lurkily]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
As for Linux, I don't think that'd be particularly hard

Speaking from the depths of ignorance, I wouldn't think so either. After all, the Mac OS is essentially a variant of Linux. The graphics in any iPhone (or other phone game platform) version would, I'd guess, have to be very much reduced; the graphics folder in my VV3 is over 28 MB and sounds take up another 13 MB.

#175410 - 10/22/08 04:28 PM Re: Systems to release LDW games on [Re: arnie]
angeltalena Offline
Adviser

Loc: Northern Ohio
That's why I came in here today. I see a new game similar but it isn't made by ldw so I wanted to check here before paying $7.99. Guess I will wait. I absolutely love my iphone and have stopped using my pda except for my memos. I do miss my games on here though.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter