Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#17352 - 01/24/06 07:18 PM Getting Started
YaelleG Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Baltimore
Hi I just began playing a couple of days ago & I've been going broke spending all my money treating illnesses & growths on my fish. So I cant seem to get anywhere. Does anyone have any tips on what I should do to get going? (And is it bad to constantly breed every fish I can get my hands on?) Thanx

#17353 - 01/24/06 07:37 PM Re: Getting Started
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
When you're just starting out, it's not a good idea to cross-breed your fish indiscriminately, since you'll create a lot of fragile hybrids that will die before they reach selling age. Fragile hybrids are not suited to the Level 1 Fish Environment that you have at the start of the game. It's better to breed fish that will actually live long enough to sell them, so that you can make money.

There are a lot of successful strategies for getting started. You can find a few of them here.

#17354 - 01/25/06 04:32 PM Re: Getting Started
GrammaBobbie Offline
Consigliere

Loc: NW Indiana
Not all of the fish that come in the common eggs breed well. If you keep track of what you breed and what dies, you can soon figure out which ones are safest to breed. I find there are three body types and three fin types that are always safe to cross.

Lots of breeding is good if you use it to figure out which ones are produing good fish. You only need produce one good baby, if you know who the parents are, because then you can breed another one and start breeding those two and build up a breeding stock. It's a slow process at first, but ever so much fun when it works!

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter