Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 207 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#172989 - 09/26/08 10:34 PM The Lost Village
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: One of the thirteen colonies
All of my stories follow the same rules for bold, italics, etc.

Prologue:
I am Tamil Nann. My parents came in the Great Migration, when people flocked to the Western Shore to live in peace and to get away from the overcrowding of the Southern shore. Since the Western Shore was now becoming crowded as well, life there was also getting hard. We had to do the toughest jobs to get food. I, being 17, have been apprenticing for 3 years in sciences just to receive a small amount of food.

So, when the elders decided that a new part must be explored, I was overjoyed. I could start a new life on the new soils. I could even be a leader of this tribe. The Great Elder was looking for ten people to get into boats. They had to be strong, determined, and honest. I immediately begged for him to let me go. He finally conceded and I was off in the second boat with four others. There was Molo, a great builder with his wife, Chimba; my friend Waiata; and, another skilled man named Pilipili. We left the next day.

I thought all of this. Now, as I am being tossed in the surf, I don't think it was a very smart idea for me, a young boy, to go along.

You can comment on this story here.

Edited by Rockmower (09/27/08 01:36 AM)

#173537 - 10/01/08 11:41 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 1
"Aaah!" Screamed Tamil as a wave washed into the boat.
"Oh my!" Chimba exclaimed as a big wave picked up the boat. Waiata screamed. Everyone tried to paddle the boat back to the other one, but the wave was too strong. One by one, they all stopped and watched the other boat get smaller and smaller. Eventually, it was gone off the horizon.
This, again, is Tamil Nann. We lost the other boat when a wave picked us up. This was definitely a bad idea. I wish I was back home. Wait, is that land out there?

On the Northern Shore, two brothers were staring out to sea. The little one, Ponui, was only three.
"Big brother, is there anything out there?"
"No, little brother. Mom is not back with the other survivors. I just can't believe that everyone but us caught that virus. It's as though the guiding hand is pleased..."
"It's been years. I can't remember what she looks like now..."

#173702 - 10/03/08 10:35 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 2
The storm that created the wave returned with a vengeance. The villagers in the boat had to use buckets to bail out the boat from all the extra water. Then, a second wave came and knocked everyone to the land. They were unconscious.

"The water is receding, Ponui! Run!"
"Where to, Bico?"
"Away from the beach!"

The villagers awoke to the feeling of rain on their faces and the voices of little boys.
"Who are they?"
"They are not from our tribe..."
"Then where are they from?"
"I... I just don't know..."

#173797 - 10/05/08 01:08 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 3
"Who are you?" Pilipili asked one of the boys.
"I am Bico, and this is my little brother Ponui," the oldest one replied. "You are of Isola?"
"Yes. We were sent by the elders of our tribe to scout out a new village."
"Our tribe has been torn by disease, and the few that haven't left this settlement have died... Except for us."
"Perhaps we can help restore your settlement?" Chimba said, cheerfully.
"Perhaps... But let us check over your wounds in our medical hut first. These storms can be fierce."
We've landed on the North shore of Isola, according to my deductions. There are two native boys who rescued us. They are now tending to our wounds from smashing against the reef. I think our bleeding attracted sharks...
Once everyone was checked over by the boys, they announced who had anything major, and what.
"Pilipili, you have an injured leg. You shouldn't run. Tamil, you have nothing serious. Waiata, Molo, you two have some scrapes, but nothing more serious than that. Chimba, you shouldn't work. You should care for your baby."

Edited by Rockmower (10/06/08 03:16 AM)

#174287 - 10/10/08 11:06 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 4
Bico and Ponui have been a great help to us. Pilipili is taking forever to finish the hut. I suppose I can't blame him, with that broken leg. I just hate sleeping on the cold floor of the research room. I think I'll explore the island in my free time between researching.
The next day came, and at the first rays of sun, everyone gathered for morning meal, a mushroom and some natural herbs, and set off for the morning's work. Chimba, nursing her baby, learned from and watched over the two tribal boys. Tamil worked on research with Waiata, Molo was thinking on how to get honey from the beehive, and Pilipili, obviously, was working on the hut. Molo asked if he wanted help, but Pilipili urged that this was his ability test.
Midday break came, and the villagers did what they wanted for an hour. Pilipili rested his leg in the healer's room, Molo was determined to find the honey, Chimba prepared the boys a lunch, and Tamil started exploring the island. Waiata joined him for the walk.
As the two were walking, they saw a beautiful robe. Tamil tried it on, and...

#174361 - 10/11/08 01:53 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 5
...It didn't fit. The clothes were too baggy. Waiata tried them on, and she turned out to be allergic to the material. The two left, Waiata sneezing, back to the research table. And that was the end of the robe... For now.
Great news! Molo found out how to harvest the honey! He also found a seed near some old contraption that the kids seem to remember as very helpful. We now have honey and soon have fruit. I just wonder what we can do about the sharks. That's why Waiata and I have taken to research so well. Chimba seems to be an excellent mother to the boys, and she seems to know a bit about farming. I thhink we can survive as a new tribe.
The day grew to night, and everyone gathered for evening meal, a few mushrooms coated in honey with some fresh island plants. Chimba then told the boys a story of the old tribe and put them to sleep. Then, the adults held a meeting in the research room.

#174375 - 10/11/08 04:12 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 6
"What to do about the land?" Pilipili asked.
"We need to contact the tribe somehow," Molo said.
"But we should get settled first."
"True. Let's take a vote."
Everyone voted to get settled.
"Meeting adjourned. Everyone get some sleep."
The next day started out like the last. But, as the two boys were making sandcastles, a canoe was spotted coming into shore.
"Who is that?" Ponui asked Bico.
"I... I remember the face, but I forget the name."
As the man came closer, Bico finally remembered who it was.
"Storyteller Umi!" Bico shouted as the man in red canoed past the sharks.
"Bico! Ponui! You're alive!" He shouted with joy as he got out of the canoe.
"What happened?"
"I'll explain later. Right now, I need to rest. Is the medical hut still intact?"
"It's intact, but in disrepair."
"It'll do."

#174442 - 10/12/08 01:20 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 7
When Umi was fully rested, he took Bico and Ponui to an amphitheater that most of the villagers never saw before, and started telling the boys the story of what happened.
"As you know, I left the island three years ago with your mother and a few others chosen to partake on the journey. My wife, Chief Pari, was given Ponui to raise and nurture. We left our beautiful home here to find a cure for a new disease. After a year of searching, we washed up upon a large tribe of people. The farmers surrounded us. One man went to get their leader.
When the leader came, he took us to their fire. There, he and other elders asked why we had come. We told them that we just wanted a cure for a disease, but they did not listen. In the end, they decided they would not help us. We left this unfriendly tribe to continue searching for a cure. We then found a second, smaller tribe that was more hospitable. The remaining villagers sent me back with the cure and the news that they are trying to come back."
After he was finished with his story, his eyes fell upon the robe hanging. His face suddenly fell, and he just wanted to be alone for a while. He now knew what happened to his wife Pari.

Edited by Rockmower (10/12/08 11:08 PM)

#174612 - 10/13/08 10:25 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 8
The other villagers, one by one, crowded around Umi. They all wondered why he was just staring at that beautiful robe. Finally, he spoke.
"Everyone should try this robe on." Then he walked to a pile of rocks.
One by one, the adults tried it on, except for Waiata and Tamil. Chimba, unable to put down her baby, couldn't get it on. Then, Molo tried it. The robe was a bit too short. Then, Pilipili tried the robe on. As he put it on, the robe started to fit him better and better. By the time he had the cape on, the robe fit perfectly. Then, one of the totems started to speak.
"Pilipili, for your determination, you are awarded with the garments of the leaders. This tradition has been passed down from one generation to another, and has now been passed on to you. Now, look at your tribe. You command them. You may not have the skills now, but over time and communication with the gods, you shall learn how to properly rule!"
As he turned to the tribe, each person bowed as he looked at them. He was in control.
After the ceremony of acceptance, Pilipili commissioned Molo to finish the hut.
"But who will farm?"
Pilipili consulted the gods. He entered a trance. Then, he walked over to the food bin and did a sort of dance. Molo slowly followed. Then, like magic, there was more food in the bin. Pilipili exited his trance, sat down, and said "We have no food problems. Please build."

#174682 - 10/14/08 09:38 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 9
With Pilipili leading the tribe, we've had a lot of good things happening. Chimba had her baby girl, Pai, Waiata has reached master, and gotten us enough tech points for us to decide which faction we can choose. We'll have a meeting on it later. Right now, we're having a celebration for her reaching master.
The celebration was small, but meaningful. Waiata was the first to reach master. After her and Pilipili's speech, a feast was held in her honor. All villagers were there, and had a great time. Then it was time to get to work.
Molo went on building the hut, while the scientists returned to their research. That night, the meeting was held.
"We have now collected enough tech points to choose a faction. The problem is which one. Whoever wants the faction of magic please say 'I'," Molo said in his leader's tone.
"I," Pilipili and Bico, who had proven himself enough to vote, said.
"All who want nature say 'I',"
"I" everyone else chimed in.
"Then it is decided. Everyone get some rest for tomorrow."

#174762 - 10/15/08 10:42 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 10
The next day rose, and normal life in the village commenced. But, everyone noticed something different, as though some spirit was watching over them. It started as soon as the tribe selected the nature faction. Then, to the villager's dismay, the honey ran out.
"Oh goodness! We don't have a food source!" Chimba said, freaking out.
Pilipili, again, consulted the gods. They told him that he was soon to receive foods.
"Chimba, do not worry. We will soon have enough food."
When the villagers finally got Chimba calmed down, they went about their normal business. The kids had their hands full with a whole lot of collectibles that just wouldn't stop. The scientists, putting what Chimba overreacted to into consideration, found out exactly how much fruit they had on that tree and how long that would last their stomachs. They had to break the news to the chief that Chimba was not just overreacting...

#174884 - 10/17/08 02:55 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 11
"Umm, Chief?" Umi said nervously.
"Yes?" Chief Pilipili replied in a soothing tone.
"Us... The scientists... Have found out how much food we really have."
"Is that so?"
"Yes. It seems Chimba's 'overreaction' had more truth than previously thought."
"So... How much food do we now have?"
"There's 1,114 in the food bin, but only 294 in the tree, and the beehive has none. We might not be able to last very long on that."
When Umi finished, Pilipili called everyone to the amphitheater.
"My fellow villagers. It has been brought to my attention that we don't have as much food as previously thought. Therefore, we must set certain rules so we don't run out.
First rule is that farmers must stay focused on work at all times. No goofing off unless no work is needed to be done.
Second rule is that all scientists must work towards a second level of nature technology, so we may identify another herb to use in our potions.
Third rule is that nobody may leave their job to get a snack. We will eat at morning meal, midday meal, and evening meal. I will not partake in any of those to save the tribe's food supply. Instead, I will create food when I can for us."
Murmurs came from the villagers.
"How can we do that?"
"How much food do we have?"
"When will these laws be overridden?"
"We cannot live on that."
Eventually, the tribe died down and got to work, the same thought running through their heads: How much food do we have?

#174908 - 10/17/08 07:20 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 12
The time finally came. Chimba checked the lower tree limbs. No fruit. She looked up. No fruit. She shook the tree. Still no fruit. She then ran to Pilipili screaming "It's out! It's out!"
"What's out?" Pilipili asked her.
"The tree! It's out of fruit!" She said, gasping for air.
Pilipili took a look. Alas, no fruit. Chimba had attracted a crowd from her outburst. Everyone knew then that they needed to save food.
Everyone went back to their jobs, looking scared. It was only a matter of time before they ran out of food overall, and everyone knew it now. The scientists worked furiously to get the tech points needed to identify the herb. Chimba mothered the children, something she had no time to do in years. Between Chimba and Umi, the children were guarded and entertained. The hut was halfway finished, to the villagers' hopes. Pilipili's leg had finally healed.

#174986 - 10/18/08 01:00 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 13
One day, while Chimba was watching the kids play in the orchard, she saw something in the tree. She walked over to it. She picked it. Fruit!
"Fruit! Fruit!" She shouted as she brought it back to the food bin. First, Bico, Ponui, and Pilipili came to help her to the medical hut, but they then saw the fruit. They realized then that the scientists were wrong. The fruit does grow yearly. Over a hundred fruits a year per tree. It may not sound like a lot in the long run, but the villagers rejoiced. Even the scientists, whose observations had been proved wrong. Then, a thought crossed their heads: How long would the tree do this? One by one, the villagers stopped rejoicing and went back to their jobs. Chimba thought more and more about how long the tree would do this. She searched the area of where the seed was found for a clue as to how long. She found a diary.
If you are reading this, you are on the North Shore of Isola. I don't know whether or not I, Pari, survived, but this is notes of the trees:
-Do not have an infinite supply of fruit
-Start with 1,000 fruit
-Can rejuvenate over 100 fruit yearly
-Only works for ___ years

"So nobody knows how long the trees supply food," Chimba said softly to herself. Dismayed, she walked back to pick the remainder of the fruit.

#174996 - 10/18/08 04:43 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 14
Molo finished the hut soon after Chimba found the book. Everyone went to celebrate the new hut. Nobody had to sleep in the research room anymore. It was easily a time for celebration. Needless to say, everyone moved in.
After the moving was finished, Chimba addressed Pilipili with her find. He read the journal, then gave it to Umi, who kept it as the last artifact of his wife. Then, everyone got back to work.
Originally, Molo was to work in the sciences while Umi took his ability test for building. But, Molo just didn't get the science, and he eventually went back to farming. Chimba took his place as a scientist.
For Umi's ability test, he was to clear the leaves from the strange stone that he realized as the Roster of the Dead. He was quite efficient, and easily started the task.
The next day, Bico turned fourteen. The villagers had a celebration, as this was the most important day in a person's life. He was finally able to work, attend more meetings, and read the adult theories of the tribe. When asked on what he wished to study, he said Medicine. Nobody found this as a shock, as he treated Pilipili's leg quite well. All seemed well in the tribe, even though they were running out of food... And fast.

#175267 - 10/20/08 10:17 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 15
Umi just got enough skill to be a master in building. He still needs to finish clearing the leaves, though. Then we have his celebration. And, although nobody else seems to notice it, we're running out of food. Fast.
The scientists finally accumulated enough tech points to get the second level of nature technology. Without giving it a second thought, Pilipili got the second level of nature. The new herb suddenly appeared. It seemed to be a tubelike flower. Bico, having nothing better to do since nobody needed healing help, picked it. He was compelled to take it to the strange table near the research lab, then to grab two Black Orchids.
After he got those, Chief Pilipili walked over to the herbs. Despite the lectures he gave on not to do alchemy, he grabbed an Orchid. Then the other. Then the new plant. And mixed them together. And...

#175376 - 10/22/08 12:27 AM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 16
...And the potion was finished. Pilipili brought the potion over to the sharks, and they darted away. It was a time for celebration, the hard times were over. A feast was held in Bico and Pilipili's honor. They were both heroes of the tribe. There were games and food. The children enjoyed running through the orchard while the adults prepared a feast. They fished and cooked the fish over the fire. Then, dinner came with roasted fish, glazed in leftover honey, and assorted fruit and mushrooms. Then came a toast.
"To our savior, Bico. Without him, we would have not survived," Pilipili said.
"To Bico!" The villagers responded.
"Thank you, my fellow friends. But our real savior is Pilipili's successful creation of the potion. If it wasn't for him, we would have had no fish."
"To Pilipili!"
The festivities were held into the night. When they were finally over, Umi told the kids a bedtime story, and Chimba tucked them in. Then, the adults sat around the fire and told stories.
Little Pai got up in the middle of the night, thirsty. She walked to the little waterfall to get a drink. As she went back to the hut, she was positive she heard something in the old abandoned hut. Or someone...

#175424 - 10/22/08 10:44 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 17

The day's tasks continued as normal, with the exception of Ponui's celebration of fourteen. Then normal daily routine took over. The researchers found out a few new building projects, including the broken machine. So, the three builders got to it. The machine, which was a lift, finally worked! Then, just after the celebration, rain started pouring down.
Chief Pilipili, willing to try it first, stepped onto the lift. He went higher and higher until he could touch the tree. He knocked down a fruit just as the lift started falling. He grabbed the seed and planted it. Then, finally, normal village work commenced. Except Chimba seemed a little slowed...

Edited by Rockmower (10/23/08 02:28 AM)

#175489 - 10/23/08 07:22 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 18
I don't know how to explain this to Pai. Maybe I'll ask Umi to help, he's good at telling stories. But, either way, Chimba has a second child. Her younger brother. And speaking of younger brothers, Ponui learns fast. I'm glad he helps me with healing. He might be able to heal if I get sick.
Chimba was getting slower each day, until Chief Pilipili finally told her to stop working. She was told to take time and raise her child.
Pai, obviously, was concerned for her mom and curious as to why she couldn't work. Bico finally felt that this was the time Umi had to tell Pai. So he talked to him.
"Please tell Pai a story about... children, Umi. I can't think of one."
"Okay. I think it is time for her to know."
So Umi called Pai for a story.
"Now Pai, I know how concerned you are for your mother, so I'm going to tell you a special story.
"Sometimes, a woman will ask the Guiding Hand if she can have another baby. If the conditions in the tribe are good, the Guiding Hand will grant that wish. A short time ago, your mother asked the Guiding Hand if she could have another baby. The Guiding Hand wisely decided that the time is right for a new child in the village, so granted your mothers wish.

But, when a woman is chosen by the Guiding Hand to have a new baby, that becomes her only responsibility until the child is 2 years old. She isn't allowed to do any of the usual work in the tribe until then. That's why your mom isn't working."

"Ok! Thank you, Umi."

Edited by Rockmower (10/23/08 08:23 PM)

#175499 - 10/23/08 09:19 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 19
I finally got to meet my new baby brother! He's so cute! We call him Kayak, because of Umi, who arrived in a kayak. He has adorable black hair, and he's always so curious! Mommy says that I was like that when I was a baby, and that I still am. I have to show him how to build a sand castle now. He's so fun!
Chimba finally put her baby down onto the ground. His first steps were a little curious, but he soon spotted Pai and took his first steps towards her. She hugged her baby brother, and they went off to explore the shore.
Waiata seemed to be paying less and less attention to her work, and more and more attention to Umi. He returned her gaze sometimes, and was getting more and more forgetful.
Finally, he completed the Roster of the Dead. There was a celebration, and Umi had finally reached Master Builder. There was even more celebration, and a feast. This was his second master, and parenting seemed next.
As time went on, Waiata and Umi were getting less and less accomplished. They took more and more breaks, and never got anything done.
Then, one day, while Waiata was thinking on how to impress Umi, he came up behind her with a bouquet of beautiful roses. She knew what this meant, and they were wed not long after.

#175590 - 10/24/08 10:21 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 20
The wedding was short and sweet. Chimba, who had recently asked for another baby to help the tribe, was probably the happiest. The chief gave a speech of the gods, giving them their blessing. Then, the adults gave them presents: a shark tooth necklace for Umi and a beautiful new dress for Waiata. They were then asked if they truly wanted to be together. The reply was yes. So they were wed.
After that was a celebration of the marriage. The newlyweds stayed at the amphitheater to pray to the gods. Nobody knew what they wished for, but Bico had that gleam in his eye that he did when Chimba had her second child. Then, the villagers got to work.
The scientists finally discovered how to make the medicine room a study place! Now I have somewhere to teach Ponui! This is so helpful!
And the tribe was finally exiting their troubled hours.

#175626 - 10/25/08 12:54 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 21
The next day, Pai finally turned fourteen. This celebration was special because she was the first person that was born in this tribe's era. So, she was given a bit better of a celebration.
After the celebration, Molo took his daughter to the ocean so she could learn to fish. She caught on fast, and with no trouble became an adept farmer at age 14. Then she was getting more and more distracted. Nobody knew exactly why, but most thought she was in love. But with who?
I am in love. Everyone thinks it now, but nobody knows with who. Well, it's Ponui. His blond hair is like the morning sun, and he's just so smart! It could never work, though... Could it?
Waiata had asked the guiding hand for a child in her prayer with Umi. So the guiding hand granted. She was given a child, and couldn't work. So she spent her time talking with Chimba.

#175657 - 10/25/08 06:11 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 22
Chimba had her third child, Matate. She had brown, wavy hair down to her shoulders with blue flowers stuck in. To match the flowers, she was given an elegant blue dress that fanned out at her waist. Her parents were very proud of her, as she was as smart as she was pretty. She knew a bit of science learned from her mother. And so she spent most of her time in the lab and alchemy table.
The scientists created enough tech points so that Pilipili could further his training as a leader. So he walked to the unusual door and stood there. He then learned how to teach the children. He knew that this skill would come in handy later.
Chimba returned to her research and helped Tamil, who was all alone. Waiata was still holding her child, so she couldn't work. Instead, she gained knowledge as a mother by watching the village children.

Edited by Rockmower (10/26/08 02:13 AM)

#175742 - 10/26/08 01:45 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 23
Chimba asked the Guiding Hand for a fourth child. Now, he didn't want anybody getting too tired, so he denied it. If anyone, Waiata was allowed to have a second child. But, she wanted to learn more about children before she got a second one. So she didn't get a second child for a while.
Waiata finally put her firstborn down. Her name was Napa, and she had the same brown curls as her mother. She seemed to have a lot of her mother's qualities, as she was good at research as well. Her father, Umi, couldn't be prouder to see his own child for the first time. He said that she reminded him of Pari. So he got Napa the dress he wanted to give his first daughter. It was a red dress with a blue ribbon tied around the waist, and blue swirls all over it. Umi said that he and Pari had spent a lot of time and effort to make it. He had to get every material, and she had to sew it all together. It was a perfect fit.
And so, Waiata studied the kids in her spare time between researching. And Umi finally learned how to use the animal skin board in the alchemy room. It was to draw plans, which he used to show how to repair the bath.

#175865 - 10/27/08 08:49 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 24
Umi alone worked on the bath. The research needed all hands, and so Molo was needed to farm with Pai. But, for one man, he was efficient. The tribe was certain that he could finish the bath in his lifetime, even though he was the oldest in the tribe. But before he got past 5 percent, he went to the amphitheater with Waiata.
When they finished praying, Umi went back to work. So did Waiata. But cone nightfall, there would be an answer... They hoped.

Nightfall came, and the Umi and Chimba walked to the abandoned hut. They stayed in there for a few minutes, and when they came out, Waiata wasn't running as usual. She was holding something, and she seemed to be very proud of it. So did Umi.
And the village was happy and ballooning. But most balloons pop...

#176023 - 10/29/08 10:43 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 25
Chimba, not willing to be outdone, asked the guiding hand again and again for a fourth child. So finally, after a week, he was so fed up that he agreed. So she and Molo went to the abandoned hut for a few minutes, and came out with a baby.
Since both Waiata and Chimba had babies, Tamil was left alone to research. However, he alone discovered what to do with the rubble, and planned out basic rules for safer alchemy. So the tribe was blooming.
And Ponui seemed less focused on his work, and more focused on one of the village girls. He was able to marry now, and so was she. But it couldn't work between them. Or maybe it could, if he said the right things...

#176178 - 10/31/08 09:50 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 26
Ponui realized that this was the time to marry. He would tell the girl he loved that night.

"Pai..."
"Oh! Yes, Ponui?"
"I... I love you."
"Y-You do?"
"Yes. I know it sounds silly, but I love you."
Pai was shocked. She never thought he could love a simple, plainly dressed farmgirl as herself. She hugged him, saying "I love you too."
He hugged her back, knowing that they would soon be wed. They then looked up at the stars, happier than they'd ever been before.

#176217 - 11/01/08 01:49 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 27
The tribe celebrated the marriage of Pai and Ponui. They married, but wouldn't support a child... Yet. Pai had to farm, and had to get enough food so that Molo could sustain the tribe alone. They were aiming for 5,000 food, so Pai worked endlessly to fish, and got her status to master.

Waiata put her second child down, a boy this time. He had brown hair like his mother's, and a green headband tied around his forehead. He liked astronomy, and Waiata wanted to take him into the sciences. But, Umi stressed that he needed some help, and that he was the last working member in the skill of construction, so he had to teach someone. So Umi eventually won his son, Gavi, to build.
Chimba also let her child down a bit after Waiata. She had a young boy named Yanuca and, like Umi, Molo got to train his son. He looked more like Kayak than anyone else in his family, with the black hair, and the blue shirt. As a matter of fact, Chimba had to tie a yellow headband to Yanuca to tell the two apart.
The hut was getting quite full, and nobody wanted to sleep in the science room again.

#176299 - 11/02/08 02:11 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 28
I did it! I got enough food to get a child! I'm so happy! I can't wait! And Mummy Chimba will want grandchildren! I'm so happy! And so will Ponui! He would be happy to help me raise the kids. I just hope we can fit another child in the hut.
Pai dragged Ponui to the 'prayer hut', as the villagers called it now, and asked the Guiding Hand for their promised baby. In a few minutes, the prayer was answered.
Pilipili then felt an urge to call everyone for a lecture. Everyone came running as he stepped onto his platform. He communicated directly to the Guiding Hand.
"As you may see now, Pai and Ponui have a child. But what you may not know is that now we cannot hold more people until the next hut is finished."
"Next hut? There aren't any plans for a next hut," the villagers murmured to each other.
"The next hut is just North of your last," he pointed out, and gave all the builders the knowledge of how to build the hut. Everyone turned to Umi, who was the only one who knew. He decided to work on the bath, then he would teach his son how to build the hut. Everyone realized that it was for the best that way.

Edited by Rockmower (11/02/08 04:03 PM)

#176652 - 11/05/08 10:58 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 29
It turns out that the hut can hold 2 more! Tamil and Pilipili agreed to sleep in the research hut to 'further productivity'. But, this means that my fifth child! And Waiata can have a third, I guess. But yay! And now I'm a grandmother! I'm so happy! Oh! My little girl is finally letting her child down! I have to see this!
Little Holoku, as his parents named him, took his first steps in the world. His mom, dad, uncles, aunts, and even grandparents were watching. Holoku's first steps were towards the healer's research table. Then to his dad. Then he ran around with his aunts and uncles, and then went to the beach.
"He's a smart one, daughter."
"Mother, I'm not your little girl anymore. Please call me Pai."
"Okay, Pai."
"Thank you."

And so Chimba ad Waiata both asked for another child. And they waited to be answered.

#176824 - 11/08/08 08:32 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 30
My daughter! She is here! I'm so happy! Now this is my fifth child! I have taught her all I can now, and so I hope her brothers, sisters, and nephew can teach her. And speaking of brothers, Kayak is having his celebration of 14! This is a great day for me.
As Chimba put her daughter down, everyone knew she had her father's looks. She had the same raven black hair, and if Molo let his hair down, it would probably be the same length. But, she inherited her mother's brains, and was sure to work as a scientist. They named her Raieta.
Later that day, Waiata let down her daughter as well. She did not inherit as much knowledge as Raieta, but still gathered some. She looked a lot like Matate, with the blue flowers and ribbons making her hair shoulder length. She was given a red dress with a pink and white ribbon in the middle. Her parents tried to come up with a name for her, and called her Mama.
On Mama's first step, she tripped and Ponui had to pick her up and run her to the healer's hut. From then on, Mama never wanted to run again. She was always it in tag, and always took longer when she was building sandcastles. But, when she took her tine, she learned a lot more than the other kids.

#176877 - 11/09/08 02:18 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 31
Later that day, Kayak's Ceremony of 14 was held. There was a time of feast, rejoicing, and the speeches. Pilipili had to make a speech congratulating the boy, and then Kayak stepped up and said what it meant to him. Then, he chose what he wanted to work in. He chose farming as his job, as it was crucial to the village as a whole to have farmers.
Umi, the village storyteller, was now designated to tell a villager a bit of history on a job someone selected. So after the ceremony, he took Kayak to the amphitheater and told him a story from when he was a kid.
"Now Kayak, I'm going to tell you a story to help you with your farming. When you were young, we discovered how to make rain. Beloved chief Pilipili consulted the Guiding Hand during the rainless season. The Guiding Hand said to gather up all the farmers and go to the fire. Then Pilipili was instructed to dance.
"At first, the farmers just stood and watched, but Pilipili's feet seemed to start sparkling. One by one, the farmers joined in the dance, and after a few minutes of all of them dancing, rain started to come down. While everyone else rejoiced, Pilipili ran to the lift, and stood on it. It soon started to move up and up, until he knocked down a seed. He jumped down, grabbed the seed, and planted it. That's why we have the orchard today, Kayak."

#177097 - 11/11/08 10:45 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 32
No! Umi, my love, is too old to have another child! If he was just a bit younger... Aaaaah! Is that a grey hair on me? Eeek! Everyone's getting older! And it seems like just a few days ago we crashed here, and yesterday I met Umi! Wow, time flies. And speaking of which, I need to get to the research! I'll put this journal away and write again when I can. But still, wow.
It was true. Umi was 50. The tribe stopped their work and walked to the amphitheater. There, Chief Pilipili gave a speech on how Umi was now wiser than the adults, and would now be the first member of his, and all Chiefs', council of advisers. It would be made up of all elderly people, and the amount of skills you mastered in would determine your place. Everyone liked the idea, and Umi was probably a great choice for it.
As everyone was rejoicing, though, someone was sneaking into the village.

#177429 - 11/15/08 02:00 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 33
Whatever got into the research lab must have been a bird, as all that was changed was a new concoction. When Pilipili came to the research lab to see what happened, he found a strange mixture with a red feather in it. Pilipili asked Umi to grab the feather, so he did. Umi accidentally let the pen brush over some paper on the way to the scientists, and the substance on the pen stuck to it and dried. Umi looked at it, and saw how much neater it was compared to the big lumpy coals the villagers used.
With this new knowledge, Umi gave the "Pen", as he called it, to Tamil. With the pen in one hand and paper in another, Umi wrote a note on the back of a nearby turtle shell to Tamil. Tamil, seeing how much neater this letter was than the scientific notes, threw the coal back into the fire, and copied all the notes he had back down in pen. He then told the others to do the same. This boosted the technology points quite a bit, but the pen broke after a while. That's when the scientists told the children to gather feathers for pens and turtle shells for being able to take notes in different areas, like the orchard.

#177454 - 11/15/08 07:16 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 34
"Storyteller Umi, can you tell us about alchemy?" Mama asked.
"Why sure, Mama!" He replied.
"It was a cloudy day, and the villagers were bored. So Tamil decided to try and decode the wall with the big pink key. He got one cactus, one rose, and one lotus. He put them down on the table, and grabbed each one of them. He then tried to mix the three together, but it didn't work.
Chimba and Waiata were so afraid of the explosion that they ran out of the research lab and didn't stop until they reached the amphitheater. They then waited for a bit to see if the research lab was still intact, then walked back. Tamil, on the other hand, was blown back a bit from the explosion, and lost health. He was helped up, dazed slightly, by Pilipili and Bico, and taken to the medical hut to be looked over. Matate was watching and Napa was 'returning nature's call' when this happened, so none of the scientists create potions anymore."

#177515 - 11/16/08 05:52 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 35
A week before Matate's Ceremony of 14, the fire was sparkling. Pilipili recognized the sparkles from when he and the farmers were dancing around the fire. He suddenly heard the gods speak to him:
"Pilipili, put the fire out."
So he did. When he put it out, he saw a beautiful white stone in the middle of the ashes. He tried to pick it up, but he immediately burned himself. He ran to the waterfall and thrust his hands into the cold water trickling down the rocks.
When his hands didn't hurt as much, he grabbed a turtle shell and filled it with water. Then, he walked it down to the rock, and poured it onto it. It still looked too hot, so Pilipili repeated the process.
Bico, who was washing his face, asked Pilipili: "What are you doing?"
"I found a rock in the ashes, but it's too hot to take out."
"Oh. Can I help you put water on it?"
"Yes, thank you. Take a shell."
So he did, and the work was done in no time. Pilipili, afraid to pick it up, tells Bico to take the stone. Bico picks it up, and it half drags him to the big green door. The stone fit perfectly with the imprint. Everyone heard a loud bolt turning, and came up the path to see what happened. As the villagers saw one by one, they celebrated.

#177840 - 11/20/08 12:54 AM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 36
It was time for Matate's Ceremony of Fourteen. As usual, there were feasts and games for her. She chose to work with her mother in research. Her mother, Chimba, couldn't be prouder to teach her daughter for once. So they left for the research table immediately.
"Now, Matate, this is what we call mixing chemicals," Chimba said as she poured water and a red liquid into a vial together. Matate found herself much more interested in mixing things than taking notes, but she had to do both.
She advanced a lot that day, but kept on asking her mother if she could mix stuff. That night, Tamil and Pilipili said that she kept them up at night because she was mixing things like a madwoman.

#178038 - 11/22/08 05:06 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 37
"Chimba, please. Your daughter loves mixing things. She simply must work in alchemy."
"No! I don't want to lose my little girl! She's too precious! I'm afraid for her enough in the research lab!"
"But Chimba, that accident was a while ago. Matate likes to mix things. We think it would be best for the tribe if she was the alchemist."
"I don't ever want her working there!"
"Myself and Umi both think..."
"Fine. When Matate is 18, you may train her. Until then, she is not to go near the alchemy lab. Mind you, I do not like this one bit."
"Thank you, Chimba. At 18, she will work. Until then, she will be kept away from the lab."
At sunrise, the villagers knew that it was a special day. Waiata's firstborn, Napa, was to turn fourteen. There was another feast, and games. Pilipili made a speech, and Napa chose to work with her mother in the sciences. Then, everyone returned to their selected jobs.
And the tribe was happy, now knowing that Matate would soon be the alchemist.

#178473 - 11/27/08 01:34 AM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 38
Ooh, I never wanted my daughter to work in the arts of alchemy. What if her potion blows up, and hurts her? What if it hurts me? What if it hurts Pilipili, her teacher? Oh, I can't worry myself with this. She wants this, and I can't deny it. I just don't want her to get hurt.
It was that day. Matate turned 18. As promised, she was kept out of the alchemy room. So now her mother could not object to letting her into the arts of alchemy. The tribe was called, as this was a special ceremony for her.
"Matate! As you love to mix everything, the tribe has decided to let you be the alchemist. I, Chief Pilipili, will be your teacher in these arts. We shall get started after the Ceremonies of Fourteen."
"How can he..."
"We haven't had..."
"Not since..."
"But..."
Pilipili raised his hands in silence. "The decision has been made by myself and the Council of Elders," he said, pointing to Umi and Molo. The tribe knew better than to argue, and went off to their work.

Later that day, Gavi and Yanuca turned fourteen. The celebrations were combined into one, as there already was an interruption that morning. Yanuca wanted to be with his father in farming, and Gavi wished to build. The two boys were taken with their fathers to the areas of their selected skill, Gavi to the hut and Yanuca to the ocean, and worked with. Pilipili, as promised, started his lessons in alchemy.
"Young Matate, you must learn what the tools of the lab are. This is the bowl, where the herbs are put and the potion is brewed. The three containers are to hold each herb you use, and the bowl is to mix two herbs together. This spear is used as a mixing stick, and JUST TO MIX. Learn these materials, and we shall have another lesson tomorrow, as the sky grows dark now."

#178517 - 11/27/08 02:39 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 39
The next day, it was raining hard. Pilipili still continued his planned lesson of the herbs and how to mix a potion.
"As you can see, Matate, there are different herbs along the island. These are roses. They may smell beautiful, but watch out for the thorns. The tale of the romantic rose started with Umi's bouquet to Waiata. The rose seems to have magical properties that make people fall in love. Don't take too deep a breath of them."
It was too late for Pilipili's warning. Matate's eyes fluttered, and she was less focused on her lesson for that day. All she could think about was Pilipili. She knew that he didn't love her back, but she was determined to fix that. She knew what she had to do.
"Matate, are you okay?" Pilipili asked. "Perhaps you should take the rest of the day off. Lesson is over."
"Huh? Oh, umm... Okay."
And with that, Pilipili walked off to the cliff. Matate was still in a daze, and eventually went to sleep in her hut. The next morning, she was almost back to normal. Almost.

#178630 - 11/28/08 04:12 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 40
"Matate, I think it is time for you to start making a potion. First, you will..." Then he stopped. "I will grab the rose petals, and you will grab the cactus and the lotus flower. Both of these have certain properties that I will explain to you after the lesson. Put the herbs on this table."
"Yes, Pilipili," Matate said as she walked towards the cactus.
After they gathered all three herbs, Pilipili told Matate to mix them together. She did, happily. When she finished, Pilipili told her to taste it.
"But what if it isn't prepared right?"
"That is why you test your potions. You must make sure that it is safe. Trust yourself, Matate."
"O-okay." And with that, she grabbed a bowl and dipped it into the liquid. She tasted it, and it was sweet, but a little bitter. She was very energetic, and felt light enough to grab the sparkling red thing on the cliff. She jumped up, and grabbed the key before she fell back down. She walked to the big green door to get a better light, and she realized the shape of the object was identical to one of the indents on the door. She put the stone in, and there was another sound of a loud bolt turning, and the village came to see what happened. Again, the tribe celebrated as another key was in place.
Matate went back to the alchemy lab, where Pilipili was waiting.
"Pilipili, why was I so energetic? The rose seems to have so little to do with energy."
"It wasn't the rose. It was the cactus and the lotus, the herbs associated with healing. Now, alchemy is a science, but it goes well with healing. This isn't the only connection between jobs. To complete your training, I want you to see how jobs flow into each other. Become adept in all skills, and you will be finished."

#179139 - 12/03/08 06:58 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 41
Matate studied hard, and soon became adept in everything. Everything, that is, except parenting. She tried telling stories to the children, but everyone was fourteen or older, and were therefore too busy to listen. So, to get her parenting up, she decided to help build the hut, and maybe even become an EE to prove her love for Pilipili. She did not get far, though, before being confronted with a request.
"Matate?"
"Yes, Napa?"
"I need to talk to you in the alchemy room."
"Uh, okay," she said as the two women walked to the alchemy lab.
"I have to tell you, Matate. I love Tamil. He's too caught up in researching, though. Please help me by making a potion."
Matate was willing to help play Guiding Hand here, happily said that she would mix the herbs if Napa would gather them. As soon as Matate finished the sentence, Napa was running off to gather roses.
When Napa had the ingredients, Matate mixed them. She called for the help from the gods of Isola to help her and grant her luck as she used the wisdom she knew.
Soon, a sweet smelling potion was ready to be given to Tamil. Napa and Matate called him in.
"Yes, Matate?"
"Could you taste this for me, Tamil? I say this tastes sweet, but Napa says it needs somethng sweeter. What do you say?"
Tamil tasted it, and Matate stepped back, making sure he saw Napa first. The potion worked well, and he fell in love with Napa as soon as he laid eyes on her. They were wed, and Tamil wanted to help with the hut so he and his wife could have a child.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter