Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 214 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#176824 - 11/08/08 08:32 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: One of the thirteen colonies
Chapter 30
My daughter! She is here! I'm so happy! Now this is my fifth child! I have taught her all I can now, and so I hope her brothers, sisters, and nephew can teach her. And speaking of brothers, Kayak is having his celebration of 14! This is a great day for me.
As Chimba put her daughter down, everyone knew she had her father's looks. She had the same raven black hair, and if Molo let his hair down, it would probably be the same length. But, she inherited her mother's brains, and was sure to work as a scientist. They named her Raieta.
Later that day, Waiata let down her daughter as well. She did not inherit as much knowledge as Raieta, but still gathered some. She looked a lot like Matate, with the blue flowers and ribbons making her hair shoulder length. She was given a red dress with a pink and white ribbon in the middle. Her parents tried to come up with a name for her, and called her Mama.
On Mama's first step, she tripped and Ponui had to pick her up and run her to the healer's hut. From then on, Mama never wanted to run again. She was always it in tag, and always took longer when she was building sandcastles. But, when she took her tine, she learned a lot more than the other kids.

#176877 - 11/09/08 02:18 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 31
Later that day, Kayak's Ceremony of 14 was held. There was a time of feast, rejoicing, and the speeches. Pilipili had to make a speech congratulating the boy, and then Kayak stepped up and said what it meant to him. Then, he chose what he wanted to work in. He chose farming as his job, as it was crucial to the village as a whole to have farmers.
Umi, the village storyteller, was now designated to tell a villager a bit of history on a job someone selected. So after the ceremony, he took Kayak to the amphitheater and told him a story from when he was a kid.
"Now Kayak, I'm going to tell you a story to help you with your farming. When you were young, we discovered how to make rain. Beloved chief Pilipili consulted the Guiding Hand during the rainless season. The Guiding Hand said to gather up all the farmers and go to the fire. Then Pilipili was instructed to dance.
"At first, the farmers just stood and watched, but Pilipili's feet seemed to start sparkling. One by one, the farmers joined in the dance, and after a few minutes of all of them dancing, rain started to come down. While everyone else rejoiced, Pilipili ran to the lift, and stood on it. It soon started to move up and up, until he knocked down a seed. He jumped down, grabbed the seed, and planted it. That's why we have the orchard today, Kayak."

#177097 - 11/11/08 10:45 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 32
No! Umi, my love, is too old to have another child! If he was just a bit younger... Aaaaah! Is that a grey hair on me? Eeek! Everyone's getting older! And it seems like just a few days ago we crashed here, and yesterday I met Umi! Wow, time flies. And speaking of which, I need to get to the research! I'll put this journal away and write again when I can. But still, wow.
It was true. Umi was 50. The tribe stopped their work and walked to the amphitheater. There, Chief Pilipili gave a speech on how Umi was now wiser than the adults, and would now be the first member of his, and all Chiefs', council of advisers. It would be made up of all elderly people, and the amount of skills you mastered in would determine your place. Everyone liked the idea, and Umi was probably a great choice for it.
As everyone was rejoicing, though, someone was sneaking into the village.

#177429 - 11/15/08 02:00 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 33
Whatever got into the research lab must have been a bird, as all that was changed was a new concoction. When Pilipili came to the research lab to see what happened, he found a strange mixture with a red feather in it. Pilipili asked Umi to grab the feather, so he did. Umi accidentally let the pen brush over some paper on the way to the scientists, and the substance on the pen stuck to it and dried. Umi looked at it, and saw how much neater it was compared to the big lumpy coals the villagers used.
With this new knowledge, Umi gave the "Pen", as he called it, to Tamil. With the pen in one hand and paper in another, Umi wrote a note on the back of a nearby turtle shell to Tamil. Tamil, seeing how much neater this letter was than the scientific notes, threw the coal back into the fire, and copied all the notes he had back down in pen. He then told the others to do the same. This boosted the technology points quite a bit, but the pen broke after a while. That's when the scientists told the children to gather feathers for pens and turtle shells for being able to take notes in different areas, like the orchard.

#177454 - 11/15/08 07:16 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 34
"Storyteller Umi, can you tell us about alchemy?" Mama asked.
"Why sure, Mama!" He replied.
"It was a cloudy day, and the villagers were bored. So Tamil decided to try and decode the wall with the big pink key. He got one cactus, one rose, and one lotus. He put them down on the table, and grabbed each one of them. He then tried to mix the three together, but it didn't work.
Chimba and Waiata were so afraid of the explosion that they ran out of the research lab and didn't stop until they reached the amphitheater. They then waited for a bit to see if the research lab was still intact, then walked back. Tamil, on the other hand, was blown back a bit from the explosion, and lost health. He was helped up, dazed slightly, by Pilipili and Bico, and taken to the medical hut to be looked over. Matate was watching and Napa was 'returning nature's call' when this happened, so none of the scientists create potions anymore."

#177515 - 11/16/08 05:52 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 35
A week before Matate's Ceremony of 14, the fire was sparkling. Pilipili recognized the sparkles from when he and the farmers were dancing around the fire. He suddenly heard the gods speak to him:
"Pilipili, put the fire out."
So he did. When he put it out, he saw a beautiful white stone in the middle of the ashes. He tried to pick it up, but he immediately burned himself. He ran to the waterfall and thrust his hands into the cold water trickling down the rocks.
When his hands didn't hurt as much, he grabbed a turtle shell and filled it with water. Then, he walked it down to the rock, and poured it onto it. It still looked too hot, so Pilipili repeated the process.
Bico, who was washing his face, asked Pilipili: "What are you doing?"
"I found a rock in the ashes, but it's too hot to take out."
"Oh. Can I help you put water on it?"
"Yes, thank you. Take a shell."
So he did, and the work was done in no time. Pilipili, afraid to pick it up, tells Bico to take the stone. Bico picks it up, and it half drags him to the big green door. The stone fit perfectly with the imprint. Everyone heard a loud bolt turning, and came up the path to see what happened. As the villagers saw one by one, they celebrated.

#177840 - 11/20/08 12:54 AM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 36
It was time for Matate's Ceremony of Fourteen. As usual, there were feasts and games for her. She chose to work with her mother in research. Her mother, Chimba, couldn't be prouder to teach her daughter for once. So they left for the research table immediately.
"Now, Matate, this is what we call mixing chemicals," Chimba said as she poured water and a red liquid into a vial together. Matate found herself much more interested in mixing things than taking notes, but she had to do both.
She advanced a lot that day, but kept on asking her mother if she could mix stuff. That night, Tamil and Pilipili said that she kept them up at night because she was mixing things like a madwoman.

#178038 - 11/22/08 05:06 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 37
"Chimba, please. Your daughter loves mixing things. She simply must work in alchemy."
"No! I don't want to lose my little girl! She's too precious! I'm afraid for her enough in the research lab!"
"But Chimba, that accident was a while ago. Matate likes to mix things. We think it would be best for the tribe if she was the alchemist."
"I don't ever want her working there!"
"Myself and Umi both think..."
"Fine. When Matate is 18, you may train her. Until then, she is not to go near the alchemy lab. Mind you, I do not like this one bit."
"Thank you, Chimba. At 18, she will work. Until then, she will be kept away from the lab."
At sunrise, the villagers knew that it was a special day. Waiata's firstborn, Napa, was to turn fourteen. There was another feast, and games. Pilipili made a speech, and Napa chose to work with her mother in the sciences. Then, everyone returned to their selected jobs.
And the tribe was happy, now knowing that Matate would soon be the alchemist.

#178473 - 11/27/08 01:34 AM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 38
Ooh, I never wanted my daughter to work in the arts of alchemy. What if her potion blows up, and hurts her? What if it hurts me? What if it hurts Pilipili, her teacher? Oh, I can't worry myself with this. She wants this, and I can't deny it. I just don't want her to get hurt.
It was that day. Matate turned 18. As promised, she was kept out of the alchemy room. So now her mother could not object to letting her into the arts of alchemy. The tribe was called, as this was a special ceremony for her.
"Matate! As you love to mix everything, the tribe has decided to let you be the alchemist. I, Chief Pilipili, will be your teacher in these arts. We shall get started after the Ceremonies of Fourteen."
"How can he..."
"We haven't had..."
"Not since..."
"But..."
Pilipili raised his hands in silence. "The decision has been made by myself and the Council of Elders," he said, pointing to Umi and Molo. The tribe knew better than to argue, and went off to their work.

Later that day, Gavi and Yanuca turned fourteen. The celebrations were combined into one, as there already was an interruption that morning. Yanuca wanted to be with his father in farming, and Gavi wished to build. The two boys were taken with their fathers to the areas of their selected skill, Gavi to the hut and Yanuca to the ocean, and worked with. Pilipili, as promised, started his lessons in alchemy.
"Young Matate, you must learn what the tools of the lab are. This is the bowl, where the herbs are put and the potion is brewed. The three containers are to hold each herb you use, and the bowl is to mix two herbs together. This spear is used as a mixing stick, and JUST TO MIX. Learn these materials, and we shall have another lesson tomorrow, as the sky grows dark now."

#178517 - 11/27/08 02:39 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 39
The next day, it was raining hard. Pilipili still continued his planned lesson of the herbs and how to mix a potion.
"As you can see, Matate, there are different herbs along the island. These are roses. They may smell beautiful, but watch out for the thorns. The tale of the romantic rose started with Umi's bouquet to Waiata. The rose seems to have magical properties that make people fall in love. Don't take too deep a breath of them."
It was too late for Pilipili's warning. Matate's eyes fluttered, and she was less focused on her lesson for that day. All she could think about was Pilipili. She knew that he didn't love her back, but she was determined to fix that. She knew what she had to do.
"Matate, are you okay?" Pilipili asked. "Perhaps you should take the rest of the day off. Lesson is over."
"Huh? Oh, umm... Okay."
And with that, Pilipili walked off to the cliff. Matate was still in a daze, and eventually went to sleep in her hut. The next morning, she was almost back to normal. Almost.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter