Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 226 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#174762 - 10/15/08 10:42 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: One of the thirteen colonies
Chapter 10
The next day rose, and normal life in the village commenced. But, everyone noticed something different, as though some spirit was watching over them. It started as soon as the tribe selected the nature faction. Then, to the villager's dismay, the honey ran out.
"Oh goodness! We don't have a food source!" Chimba said, freaking out.
Pilipili, again, consulted the gods. They told him that he was soon to receive foods.
"Chimba, do not worry. We will soon have enough food."
When the villagers finally got Chimba calmed down, they went about their normal business. The kids had their hands full with a whole lot of collectibles that just wouldn't stop. The scientists, putting what Chimba overreacted to into consideration, found out exactly how much fruit they had on that tree and how long that would last their stomachs. They had to break the news to the chief that Chimba was not just overreacting...

#174884 - 10/17/08 02:55 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 11
"Umm, Chief?" Umi said nervously.
"Yes?" Chief Pilipili replied in a soothing tone.
"Us... The scientists... Have found out how much food we really have."
"Is that so?"
"Yes. It seems Chimba's 'overreaction' had more truth than previously thought."
"So... How much food do we now have?"
"There's 1,114 in the food bin, but only 294 in the tree, and the beehive has none. We might not be able to last very long on that."
When Umi finished, Pilipili called everyone to the amphitheater.
"My fellow villagers. It has been brought to my attention that we don't have as much food as previously thought. Therefore, we must set certain rules so we don't run out.
First rule is that farmers must stay focused on work at all times. No goofing off unless no work is needed to be done.
Second rule is that all scientists must work towards a second level of nature technology, so we may identify another herb to use in our potions.
Third rule is that nobody may leave their job to get a snack. We will eat at morning meal, midday meal, and evening meal. I will not partake in any of those to save the tribe's food supply. Instead, I will create food when I can for us."
Murmurs came from the villagers.
"How can we do that?"
"How much food do we have?"
"When will these laws be overridden?"
"We cannot live on that."
Eventually, the tribe died down and got to work, the same thought running through their heads: How much food do we have?

#174908 - 10/17/08 07:20 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 12
The time finally came. Chimba checked the lower tree limbs. No fruit. She looked up. No fruit. She shook the tree. Still no fruit. She then ran to Pilipili screaming "It's out! It's out!"
"What's out?" Pilipili asked her.
"The tree! It's out of fruit!" She said, gasping for air.
Pilipili took a look. Alas, no fruit. Chimba had attracted a crowd from her outburst. Everyone knew then that they needed to save food.
Everyone went back to their jobs, looking scared. It was only a matter of time before they ran out of food overall, and everyone knew it now. The scientists worked furiously to get the tech points needed to identify the herb. Chimba mothered the children, something she had no time to do in years. Between Chimba and Umi, the children were guarded and entertained. The hut was halfway finished, to the villagers' hopes. Pilipili's leg had finally healed.

#174986 - 10/18/08 01:00 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 13
One day, while Chimba was watching the kids play in the orchard, she saw something in the tree. She walked over to it. She picked it. Fruit!
"Fruit! Fruit!" She shouted as she brought it back to the food bin. First, Bico, Ponui, and Pilipili came to help her to the medical hut, but they then saw the fruit. They realized then that the scientists were wrong. The fruit does grow yearly. Over a hundred fruits a year per tree. It may not sound like a lot in the long run, but the villagers rejoiced. Even the scientists, whose observations had been proved wrong. Then, a thought crossed their heads: How long would the tree do this? One by one, the villagers stopped rejoicing and went back to their jobs. Chimba thought more and more about how long the tree would do this. She searched the area of where the seed was found for a clue as to how long. She found a diary.
If you are reading this, you are on the North Shore of Isola. I don't know whether or not I, Pari, survived, but this is notes of the trees:
-Do not have an infinite supply of fruit
-Start with 1,000 fruit
-Can rejuvenate over 100 fruit yearly
-Only works for ___ years

"So nobody knows how long the trees supply food," Chimba said softly to herself. Dismayed, she walked back to pick the remainder of the fruit.

#174996 - 10/18/08 04:43 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 14
Molo finished the hut soon after Chimba found the book. Everyone went to celebrate the new hut. Nobody had to sleep in the research room anymore. It was easily a time for celebration. Needless to say, everyone moved in.
After the moving was finished, Chimba addressed Pilipili with her find. He read the journal, then gave it to Umi, who kept it as the last artifact of his wife. Then, everyone got back to work.
Originally, Molo was to work in the sciences while Umi took his ability test for building. But, Molo just didn't get the science, and he eventually went back to farming. Chimba took his place as a scientist.
For Umi's ability test, he was to clear the leaves from the strange stone that he realized as the Roster of the Dead. He was quite efficient, and easily started the task.
The next day, Bico turned fourteen. The villagers had a celebration, as this was the most important day in a person's life. He was finally able to work, attend more meetings, and read the adult theories of the tribe. When asked on what he wished to study, he said Medicine. Nobody found this as a shock, as he treated Pilipili's leg quite well. All seemed well in the tribe, even though they were running out of food... And fast.

#175267 - 10/20/08 10:17 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 15
Umi just got enough skill to be a master in building. He still needs to finish clearing the leaves, though. Then we have his celebration. And, although nobody else seems to notice it, we're running out of food. Fast.
The scientists finally accumulated enough tech points to get the second level of nature technology. Without giving it a second thought, Pilipili got the second level of nature. The new herb suddenly appeared. It seemed to be a tubelike flower. Bico, having nothing better to do since nobody needed healing help, picked it. He was compelled to take it to the strange table near the research lab, then to grab two Black Orchids.
After he got those, Chief Pilipili walked over to the herbs. Despite the lectures he gave on not to do alchemy, he grabbed an Orchid. Then the other. Then the new plant. And mixed them together. And...

#175376 - 10/22/08 12:27 AM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 16
...And the potion was finished. Pilipili brought the potion over to the sharks, and they darted away. It was a time for celebration, the hard times were over. A feast was held in Bico and Pilipili's honor. They were both heroes of the tribe. There were games and food. The children enjoyed running through the orchard while the adults prepared a feast. They fished and cooked the fish over the fire. Then, dinner came with roasted fish, glazed in leftover honey, and assorted fruit and mushrooms. Then came a toast.
"To our savior, Bico. Without him, we would have not survived," Pilipili said.
"To Bico!" The villagers responded.
"Thank you, my fellow friends. But our real savior is Pilipili's successful creation of the potion. If it wasn't for him, we would have had no fish."
"To Pilipili!"
The festivities were held into the night. When they were finally over, Umi told the kids a bedtime story, and Chimba tucked them in. Then, the adults sat around the fire and told stories.
Little Pai got up in the middle of the night, thirsty. She walked to the little waterfall to get a drink. As she went back to the hut, she was positive she heard something in the old abandoned hut. Or someone...

#175424 - 10/22/08 10:44 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 17

The day's tasks continued as normal, with the exception of Ponui's celebration of fourteen. Then normal daily routine took over. The researchers found out a few new building projects, including the broken machine. So, the three builders got to it. The machine, which was a lift, finally worked! Then, just after the celebration, rain started pouring down.
Chief Pilipili, willing to try it first, stepped onto the lift. He went higher and higher until he could touch the tree. He knocked down a fruit just as the lift started falling. He grabbed the seed and planted it. Then, finally, normal village work commenced. Except Chimba seemed a little slowed...

Edited by Rockmower (10/23/08 02:28 AM)

#175489 - 10/23/08 07:22 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 18
I don't know how to explain this to Pai. Maybe I'll ask Umi to help, he's good at telling stories. But, either way, Chimba has a second child. Her younger brother. And speaking of younger brothers, Ponui learns fast. I'm glad he helps me with healing. He might be able to heal if I get sick.
Chimba was getting slower each day, until Chief Pilipili finally told her to stop working. She was told to take time and raise her child.
Pai, obviously, was concerned for her mom and curious as to why she couldn't work. Bico finally felt that this was the time Umi had to tell Pai. So he talked to him.
"Please tell Pai a story about... children, Umi. I can't think of one."
"Okay. I think it is time for her to know."
So Umi called Pai for a story.
"Now Pai, I know how concerned you are for your mother, so I'm going to tell you a special story.
"Sometimes, a woman will ask the Guiding Hand if she can have another baby. If the conditions in the tribe are good, the Guiding Hand will grant that wish. A short time ago, your mother asked the Guiding Hand if she could have another baby. The Guiding Hand wisely decided that the time is right for a new child in the village, so granted your mothers wish.

But, when a woman is chosen by the Guiding Hand to have a new baby, that becomes her only responsibility until the child is 2 years old. She isn't allowed to do any of the usual work in the tribe until then. That's why your mom isn't working."

"Ok! Thank you, Umi."

Edited by Rockmower (10/23/08 08:23 PM)

#175499 - 10/23/08 09:19 PM Re: The Lost Village [SPOILERS] [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 19
I finally got to meet my new baby brother! He's so cute! We call him Kayak, because of Umi, who arrived in a kayak. He has adorable black hair, and he's always so curious! Mommy says that I was like that when I was a baby, and that I still am. I have to show him how to build a sand castle now. He's so fun!
Chimba finally put her baby down onto the ground. His first steps were a little curious, but he soon spotted Pai and took his first steps towards her. She hugged her baby brother, and they went off to explore the shore.
Waiata seemed to be paying less and less attention to her work, and more and more attention to Umi. He returned her gaze sometimes, and was getting more and more forgetful.
Finally, he completed the Roster of the Dead. There was a celebration, and Umi had finally reached Master Builder. There was even more celebration, and a feast. This was his second master, and parenting seemed next.
As time went on, Waiata and Umi were getting less and less accomplished. They took more and more breaks, and never got anything done.
Then, one day, while Waiata was thinking on how to impress Umi, he came up behind her with a bouquet of beautiful roses. She knew what this meant, and they were wed not long after.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter