Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 154 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#172989 - 09/26/08 10:34 PM The Lost Village
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: One of the thirteen colonies
All of my stories follow the same rules for bold, italics, etc.

Prologue:
I am Tamil Nann. My parents came in the Great Migration, when people flocked to the Western Shore to live in peace and to get away from the overcrowding of the Southern shore. Since the Western Shore was now becoming crowded as well, life there was also getting hard. We had to do the toughest jobs to get food. I, being 17, have been apprenticing for 3 years in sciences just to receive a small amount of food.

So, when the elders decided that a new part must be explored, I was overjoyed. I could start a new life on the new soils. I could even be a leader of this tribe. The Great Elder was looking for ten people to get into boats. They had to be strong, determined, and honest. I immediately begged for him to let me go. He finally conceded and I was off in the second boat with four others. There was Molo, a great builder with his wife, Chimba; my friend Waiata; and, another skilled man named Pilipili. We left the next day.

I thought all of this. Now, as I am being tossed in the surf, I don't think it was a very smart idea for me, a young boy, to go along.

You can comment on this story here.

Edited by Rockmower (09/27/08 01:36 AM)

#173537 - 10/01/08 11:41 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 1
"Aaah!" Screamed Tamil as a wave washed into the boat.
"Oh my!" Chimba exclaimed as a big wave picked up the boat. Waiata screamed. Everyone tried to paddle the boat back to the other one, but the wave was too strong. One by one, they all stopped and watched the other boat get smaller and smaller. Eventually, it was gone off the horizon.
This, again, is Tamil Nann. We lost the other boat when a wave picked us up. This was definitely a bad idea. I wish I was back home. Wait, is that land out there?

On the Northern Shore, two brothers were staring out to sea. The little one, Ponui, was only three.
"Big brother, is there anything out there?"
"No, little brother. Mom is not back with the other survivors. I just can't believe that everyone but us caught that virus. It's as though the guiding hand is pleased..."
"It's been years. I can't remember what she looks like now..."

#173702 - 10/03/08 10:35 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 2
The storm that created the wave returned with a vengeance. The villagers in the boat had to use buckets to bail out the boat from all the extra water. Then, a second wave came and knocked everyone to the land. They were unconscious.

"The water is receding, Ponui! Run!"
"Where to, Bico?"
"Away from the beach!"

The villagers awoke to the feeling of rain on their faces and the voices of little boys.
"Who are they?"
"They are not from our tribe..."
"Then where are they from?"
"I... I just don't know..."

#173797 - 10/05/08 01:08 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 3
"Who are you?" Pilipili asked one of the boys.
"I am Bico, and this is my little brother Ponui," the oldest one replied. "You are of Isola?"
"Yes. We were sent by the elders of our tribe to scout out a new village."
"Our tribe has been torn by disease, and the few that haven't left this settlement have died... Except for us."
"Perhaps we can help restore your settlement?" Chimba said, cheerfully.
"Perhaps... But let us check over your wounds in our medical hut first. These storms can be fierce."
We've landed on the North shore of Isola, according to my deductions. There are two native boys who rescued us. They are now tending to our wounds from smashing against the reef. I think our bleeding attracted sharks...
Once everyone was checked over by the boys, they announced who had anything major, and what.
"Pilipili, you have an injured leg. You shouldn't run. Tamil, you have nothing serious. Waiata, Molo, you two have some scrapes, but nothing more serious than that. Chimba, you shouldn't work. You should care for your baby."

Edited by Rockmower (10/06/08 03:16 AM)

#174287 - 10/10/08 11:06 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 4
Bico and Ponui have been a great help to us. Pilipili is taking forever to finish the hut. I suppose I can't blame him, with that broken leg. I just hate sleeping on the cold floor of the research room. I think I'll explore the island in my free time between researching.
The next day came, and at the first rays of sun, everyone gathered for morning meal, a mushroom and some natural herbs, and set off for the morning's work. Chimba, nursing her baby, learned from and watched over the two tribal boys. Tamil worked on research with Waiata, Molo was thinking on how to get honey from the beehive, and Pilipili, obviously, was working on the hut. Molo asked if he wanted help, but Pilipili urged that this was his ability test.
Midday break came, and the villagers did what they wanted for an hour. Pilipili rested his leg in the healer's room, Molo was determined to find the honey, Chimba prepared the boys a lunch, and Tamil started exploring the island. Waiata joined him for the walk.
As the two were walking, they saw a beautiful robe. Tamil tried it on, and...

#174361 - 10/11/08 01:53 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 5
...It didn't fit. The clothes were too baggy. Waiata tried them on, and she turned out to be allergic to the material. The two left, Waiata sneezing, back to the research table. And that was the end of the robe... For now.
Great news! Molo found out how to harvest the honey! He also found a seed near some old contraption that the kids seem to remember as very helpful. We now have honey and soon have fruit. I just wonder what we can do about the sharks. That's why Waiata and I have taken to research so well. Chimba seems to be an excellent mother to the boys, and she seems to know a bit about farming. I thhink we can survive as a new tribe.
The day grew to night, and everyone gathered for evening meal, a few mushrooms coated in honey with some fresh island plants. Chimba then told the boys a story of the old tribe and put them to sleep. Then, the adults held a meeting in the research room.

#174375 - 10/11/08 04:12 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 6
"What to do about the land?" Pilipili asked.
"We need to contact the tribe somehow," Molo said.
"But we should get settled first."
"True. Let's take a vote."
Everyone voted to get settled.
"Meeting adjourned. Everyone get some sleep."
The next day started out like the last. But, as the two boys were making sandcastles, a canoe was spotted coming into shore.
"Who is that?" Ponui asked Bico.
"I... I remember the face, but I forget the name."
As the man came closer, Bico finally remembered who it was.
"Storyteller Umi!" Bico shouted as the man in red canoed past the sharks.
"Bico! Ponui! You're alive!" He shouted with joy as he got out of the canoe.
"What happened?"
"I'll explain later. Right now, I need to rest. Is the medical hut still intact?"
"It's intact, but in disrepair."
"It'll do."

#174442 - 10/12/08 01:20 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 7
When Umi was fully rested, he took Bico and Ponui to an amphitheater that most of the villagers never saw before, and started telling the boys the story of what happened.
"As you know, I left the island three years ago with your mother and a few others chosen to partake on the journey. My wife, Chief Pari, was given Ponui to raise and nurture. We left our beautiful home here to find a cure for a new disease. After a year of searching, we washed up upon a large tribe of people. The farmers surrounded us. One man went to get their leader.
When the leader came, he took us to their fire. There, he and other elders asked why we had come. We told them that we just wanted a cure for a disease, but they did not listen. In the end, they decided they would not help us. We left this unfriendly tribe to continue searching for a cure. We then found a second, smaller tribe that was more hospitable. The remaining villagers sent me back with the cure and the news that they are trying to come back."
After he was finished with his story, his eyes fell upon the robe hanging. His face suddenly fell, and he just wanted to be alone for a while. He now knew what happened to his wife Pari.

Edited by Rockmower (10/12/08 11:08 PM)

#174612 - 10/13/08 10:25 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 8
The other villagers, one by one, crowded around Umi. They all wondered why he was just staring at that beautiful robe. Finally, he spoke.
"Everyone should try this robe on." Then he walked to a pile of rocks.
One by one, the adults tried it on, except for Waiata and Tamil. Chimba, unable to put down her baby, couldn't get it on. Then, Molo tried it. The robe was a bit too short. Then, Pilipili tried the robe on. As he put it on, the robe started to fit him better and better. By the time he had the cape on, the robe fit perfectly. Then, one of the totems started to speak.
"Pilipili, for your determination, you are awarded with the garments of the leaders. This tradition has been passed down from one generation to another, and has now been passed on to you. Now, look at your tribe. You command them. You may not have the skills now, but over time and communication with the gods, you shall learn how to properly rule!"
As he turned to the tribe, each person bowed as he looked at them. He was in control.
After the ceremony of acceptance, Pilipili commissioned Molo to finish the hut.
"But who will farm?"
Pilipili consulted the gods. He entered a trance. Then, he walked over to the food bin and did a sort of dance. Molo slowly followed. Then, like magic, there was more food in the bin. Pilipili exited his trance, sat down, and said "We have no food problems. Please build."

#174682 - 10/14/08 09:38 PM Re: The Lost Village [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 9
With Pilipili leading the tribe, we've had a lot of good things happening. Chimba had her baby girl, Pai, Waiata has reached master, and gotten us enough tech points for us to decide which faction we can choose. We'll have a meeting on it later. Right now, we're having a celebration for her reaching master.
The celebration was small, but meaningful. Waiata was the first to reach master. After her and Pilipili's speech, a feast was held in her honor. All villagers were there, and had a great time. Then it was time to get to work.
Molo went on building the hut, while the scientists returned to their research. That night, the meeting was held.
"We have now collected enough tech points to choose a faction. The problem is which one. Whoever wants the faction of magic please say 'I'," Molo said in his leader's tone.
"I," Pilipili and Bico, who had proven himself enough to vote, said.
"All who want nature say 'I',"
"I" everyone else chimed in.
"Then it is decided. Everyone get some rest for tomorrow."

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter