Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#17225 - 01/21/06 01:42 AM {Spolier} "perfect fish"
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Has anyone else tried to find and produce all the "perfect fish" i.e. spined stickfish? I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out which make the best combinations. So far I have (I've started "taking pictures"):

Flagged Bananafish
Greenfin Beta
Razorback Carp
Tiger Catfish
Crimson Comet
Pink Fatfish
Canary Fire-Arrow
Oriental Flashfish
Orange Fruitfish
Golden Goldbulb
Wasp Goldshark
Snubbed Grouper
Speckled Leaffish
Hornet Pigmy
Finless Quicksilver
Silky Shark
Stubby Snooper
Fanned Snout
Spined Stickfish

But that leaves unmatched:

Arrowfish
Spotanus

Great-Sail
Twinfin

What do others think?

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#17226 - 01/21/06 02:23 AM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
Dannny Offline

You are doing a lot of work, that while enjoyable, is no longer necessary - go to www.cleverarts.com/fishtycoon/ and you will have all you need to figure out combinations. Btw - got my 7th magic fish two nights ago, and now am just breeding for high-priced fish to sell. I wonder if it stops at 100,000? Got 34k, now.

#17227 - 01/21/06 04:09 AM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
GrammaBobbie Offline
Consigliere

Loc: NW Indiana
I haven't tried to figure them out, but I just figured the Magics are all correct to start with. That would put the
greenfin on the Spotanus ... Maybe give the Beta the twin fin?

Putting The pink fins on the Arrowfish make him look more like an arrow. But it makes sense the Quicksilver would be finless cause ya can't see the rest of him anyway!

I wish I had room to keep a tank of my favorites just for 'looken at'. But each time I set one up I get some bright idea of something else I'd like to try, and sell them all all.

It would be nice to have a 'keeper' tank of those perfect 21! ... I don't think I'm any help in figuring them out though!

#17228 - 01/21/06 11:23 AM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
Brenda Offline
Master

I've played Fish Tycoon for some time now, so I eventually figured out all the "perfect fish".... even though I do have my favorites that aren't quite perfect.

I found them the hard (but enjoyable) way, but since Buttoneer put out that really nice spreadsheet, I can see that it makes it even easier to figure out which fish are the "perfect fish", in addition to finding the "Magic" fish (which aren't all "perfect", by the way).

It helps if you already know what some of them are, which obviously you do. So here's the trick to using the spreadsheet...

Say you want to find out what fin the Pigmy has for sure. Take a known pair that would make a Pigmy... Beta and the Bananafish, for example. Now, if you know their "perfect" fins for those fish (Greenfin and Flagged in this case), line up those fin colors together on the Fin chart, and there you have the fin for the Pigmy!

Only problem is, that won't help you with the Spotanus, as nothing but a Spot makes a Spot... and finwise, nothing but a Twin-fin makes a Twin-fin. (hint hint)

#17229 - 01/21/06 02:03 PM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

I agree that not all of the magic fish are "perfect."

They don't look as weird as some other combinations, but I think that the oriental fins look better on the flash fish and the golden fin looks better on the goldbulb than the oriental goldbulb...

stork, the clever arts site will tell you what makes the the combinations, but not what makes the "best" combination.

Brenda, I didn't quite understand you at first, but I think I do now! I'll look over the spreadsheet (I also made my own and check out that theory...) Thanks!

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#17230 - 01/21/06 02:36 PM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
GrammaBobbie Offline
Consigliere

Okay..... ya got me going now, too. I'll have to give that a try!!!

This is tooooooooooo much fun!

#17231 - 01/21/06 03:31 PM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
Anonymous
Unregistered

here's what i think. if you combine any of the two on this list, you'll get another fish on this list.

Silky Shark
Tiger Catfish
Hornet Arrowfish
Fanned Snout
Pink Fatfish
Snubbed Snooper
Wasp Goldshark
Canary Fire-arrow
Orange Fruitfish
Oriental Flashfish
Golden Goldbulb
Crimson Comet
Spined Stickfish
Stubby Grouper
Speckled Leaffish
Razorback Carp
Greenfin Beta
Great-Sail Pigmy
Flagged Bananafish
Finless Quicksilver
Twin-fin Spotanus

#17232 - 01/21/06 03:37 PM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

So this is my new list of "perfect fish":

Hornet Arrowfish
Flagged Bananafish
Greenfin Beta
Razorback Carp
Tiger Catfish
Crimson Comet
Pink Fatfish
Canary Fire-Arrow
Oriental Flashfish
Orange Fruitfish
Golden Goldbulb
Wasp Goldshark
Stubby Grouper
Speckled Leaffish
Great-Sail Pigmy
Finless Quicksilver
Silky Shark
Snubbed Snooper
Fanned Snout
Twinfin Spotanus
Spined Stickfish

(I got my stubby and snubbed exchanged, besides the arrowfish-pigmy problem...)

I was seeing patterns as I was making my own chart, I just haddn't realized that the chart also was a genetic code for the perfect fish. Thanks!

#17233 - 01/21/06 04:42 PM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
GrammaBobbie Offline
Consigliere

I get it now! COOL!

I have pictures of most of these, and are putting them up on a webpage ... but I'm reversing the Beta and Spotanus ... because then the Twinfin Spotanus is a Magic Fish, and he sure IS a MAGIC FISH for me when it comes to earning money in that first tank with on research completed! I owe many a tank to him!

Okay............ I see that may not work..... Hummm... interesting.

Edited by grammabobbie (01/21/06 05:00 PM)

#17234 - 01/22/06 05:12 AM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Whoever posted above me, we both came up with the final list at the same time, I was just reediting my post and didn't see yours until now.

Yes, a "feature" of the perfect fish is that if you only use them to breed, you'll only get other perfect fish.

grammabobbie, Wow! I just looked at your perfect fish web page. That is great and you were amazing fast in getting all of those fish in one game/tank.

#17235 - 01/22/06 09:29 PM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
Dannny Offline

I was unfamiliar with the concept of 'perfect fish' (matching finnage and bodies), until reading some of the posts, above. Based on the 'hint' provided by Brenda, and the first list provided by sfrose, as well as using the 'cleverarts' site extensively (don't have a spreadsheet program)I completed breeding the Twin-fin Arrowfish as well as the Great-Sail Spotanus. I must say that the Great-Sail Spotanus does not appear to match, but Twin-fin Spotanus does. So, now I'm back a step, and have to breed the Hornet Arrowfish. That's okay, it's fun.

#17236 - 01/22/06 10:54 PM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
Dannny Offline

Thanks for the tip about perfect fish breeding, sfrose. It's working.

#17237 - 01/23/06 11:49 AM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
Brenda Offline
Master

Quote:

Brenda, I didn't quite understand you at first, but I think I do now!

Yeah, sorry about that. I'm GREAT at yakking, but not great at clarity.

And I only know it works on Buttoneer's chart. If there are different ways to set up breeding charts, then I don't know if the same method would work or not. But it's all fun, in either case.

#17238 - 01/25/06 10:09 PM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
Anonymous
Unregistered

I need to know how to get a twin-fin spotanus. I have all 7 magic fish and have figured out how to breed the others to get what I want, but I cannot manage to get a twin-fin spotanus. I have tried breeding the spotanus to get all the fin types and then buying the unknown chemical to mutate them, but didn't get a twin-fin. I have purchased fish eggs a number of times, but never get the twin-fin spotanus. Since you can only get a spot from a spot and a twin-fin from a twin-fin, how the heck can I get a twin-fin spot??

#17239 - 01/25/06 10:29 PM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
You are correct that the Twin-Fin cannot be bred from anything other than Twin-Fin fishies (and the same thing applies to the Spotanus), so you won't get one by breeding. It's pretty easy to get a Twin-Fin Spotanus from eggs in the PDA versions, but the Windows version seems to be a little stingier. Still, that might be the easiest way to get one. You might be able to mutate a Finless Spotanus into a Twin-Fin, if you want to try that.

#17240 - 01/25/06 10:58 PM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
Lacey Offline

Thanks, Lady. I sold off most of my spotanus now, but I'll try breeding again and getting a finless and see if I can mutate it. If it does come from the eggs, would it be in the common, unusual, or rare eggs? I've mostly purchased the unusual and rare, so perhaps I should concentrate on the common eggs?

#17241 - 01/25/06 10:59 PM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The common eggs are the ones you should buy (and they're relatively cheap)!

#17242 - 01/25/06 11:08 PM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
Lacey Offline

Cool! Thanks!

#17243 - 01/26/06 01:37 AM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
Dannny Offline

Hooray! Thanks to all the tips from you kind folks, and much searching on CVA site, I now have the 21 "perfect" fish, and the PC version let me keep all of them in the #2 tank, together. In the #1 tank, I now have a breeding pair of each of the seven 'magic fish', with which I am now making much bucks from sales. So, I guess I won twice! Thanks to all - are there any more challenges in this game except to make 'all' the possible fish? Don't think I'll try that one, got where I am with 258 species. I hear there are 441, or more.

#17244 - 01/26/06 02:39 AM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Quote:

You might be able to mutate a Finless Spotanus into a Twin-Fin, if you want to try that.

This statement got me wondering... Are there mutation "rules" like breeding rules on what types of fish mutate to others?

#17245 - 01/26/06 08:19 AM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
Anonymous
Unregistered

not stopping at even 175k

#17246 - 01/26/06 11:41 AM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
Brenda Offline
Master

I wonder too... that would be nice, because I can rarely get the Twin-Fin Spotanus in any of my games, which would have come in handy to have in more than just a few instances. But I usually avoid using the mutation liquid due to it's effect on the other fishies in the tank. I would use it if I thought it would help find that little gipper.

#17247 - 01/26/06 11:48 AM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

It might be worth doing enough mutation experiments to see if there is a pattern...

#17248 - 02/23/06 08:42 PM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
Thiris Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Utah
magic fish one two three are perfect fish

#17249 - 03/19/06 02:51 PM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
Thiris Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Utah
opps magic fish 2 3 7 are perfect fish

#17250 - 03/19/06 03:00 PM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
Thiris Offline