Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 87 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#17235 - 01/22/06 09:29 PM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
Dannny Offline

I was unfamiliar with the concept of 'perfect fish' (matching finnage and bodies), until reading some of the posts, above. Based on the 'hint' provided by Brenda, and the first list provided by sfrose, as well as using the 'cleverarts' site extensively (don't have a spreadsheet program)I completed breeding the Twin-fin Arrowfish as well as the Great-Sail Spotanus. I must say that the Great-Sail Spotanus does not appear to match, but Twin-fin Spotanus does. So, now I'm back a step, and have to breed the Hornet Arrowfish. That's okay, it's fun.

#17236 - 01/22/06 10:54 PM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
Dannny Offline

Thanks for the tip about perfect fish breeding, sfrose. It's working.

#17237 - 01/23/06 11:49 AM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
Brenda Offline
Master

Quote:

Brenda, I didn't quite understand you at first, but I think I do now!

Yeah, sorry about that. I'm GREAT at yakking, but not great at clarity.

And I only know it works on Buttoneer's chart. If there are different ways to set up breeding charts, then I don't know if the same method would work or not. But it's all fun, in either case.

#17238 - 01/25/06 10:09 PM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
Anonymous
Unregistered

I need to know how to get a twin-fin spotanus. I have all 7 magic fish and have figured out how to breed the others to get what I want, but I cannot manage to get a twin-fin spotanus. I have tried breeding the spotanus to get all the fin types and then buying the unknown chemical to mutate them, but didn't get a twin-fin. I have purchased fish eggs a number of times, but never get the twin-fin spotanus. Since you can only get a spot from a spot and a twin-fin from a twin-fin, how the heck can I get a twin-fin spot??

#17239 - 01/25/06 10:29 PM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
You are correct that the Twin-Fin cannot be bred from anything other than Twin-Fin fishies (and the same thing applies to the Spotanus), so you won't get one by breeding. It's pretty easy to get a Twin-Fin Spotanus from eggs in the PDA versions, but the Windows version seems to be a little stingier. Still, that might be the easiest way to get one. You might be able to mutate a Finless Spotanus into a Twin-Fin, if you want to try that.

#17240 - 01/25/06 10:58 PM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
Lacey Offline

Thanks, Lady. I sold off most of my spotanus now, but I'll try breeding again and getting a finless and see if I can mutate it. If it does come from the eggs, would it be in the common, unusual, or rare eggs? I've mostly purchased the unusual and rare, so perhaps I should concentrate on the common eggs?

#17241 - 01/25/06 10:59 PM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The common eggs are the ones you should buy (and they're relatively cheap)!

#17242 - 01/25/06 11:08 PM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
Lacey Offline

Cool! Thanks!

#17243 - 01/26/06 01:37 AM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
Dannny Offline

Hooray! Thanks to all the tips from you kind folks, and much searching on CVA site, I now have the 21 "perfect" fish, and the PC version let me keep all of them in the #2 tank, together. In the #1 tank, I now have a breeding pair of each of the seven 'magic fish', with which I am now making much bucks from sales. So, I guess I won twice! Thanks to all - are there any more challenges in this game except to make 'all' the possible fish? Don't think I'll try that one, got where I am with 258 species. I hear there are 441, or more.

#17244 - 01/26/06 02:39 AM Re: {Spolier} "perfect fish"
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Quote:

You might be able to mutate a Finless Spotanus into a Twin-Fin, if you want to try that.

This statement got me wondering... Are there mutation "rules" like breeding rules on what types of fish mutate to others?

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter