Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 123 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#17212 - 01/22/06 05:29 AM Re: {Spoiler} Breeding all varieties - hopefully.
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

I know you've gone fish nuts!

As I said in the other thread, I think your web page is great!

BTW, what I meant by "different body types for each fin" is to do what you've been doing with the "all goldbulb" tank, but instead do an "all silky", "all "twin-fin", etc. tanks.

I'm still at the point where I'm just trying to get each speciies at least onece in a game, I I have a tank that is mostly twin-fins. That looks very weird and very alien...

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#17213 - 01/22/06 03:38 PM Re: {Spoiler} Breeding all varieties - hopefully.
GrammaBobbie Offline
Consigliere

Loc: NW Indiana
Thanks sfrose! As I just put in another post, designing webpages is one of my favorite things... so right now I'm doing two of my favorite things combining the webpages with the fishies!

Okay, I see what you mean about reversing what I'm doing and having each body type with one fin. Cool. That will give me something to do "If and When" I finish the 21 the way I'm doing them. ......... Your tank of Twinfins must look pretty bizzare!

I've really just caught onto the breeding as quickly as I can do it now. I've not yet found all the fish in one game ... that's what this insane tank breeding is going to do for me, I hope. Knowning me, though, I'll get done and there will be "ONE" missing ... and I won't know WHICH one, and will have to do it all over again.

But I'm enjoying documenting what I'm doing, and am rationalizing that it's not "quite" as much a waste of time if I'm building a webpage out of all the work. .... Of course hubby still thinks he should have dinner every day. Go figure! I'm all for sending him out to get something to eat so I can quit playing.

I feel like a little kid with my nose stuck to a gameboy. .........

I'm enjoying the game ... plus this forum and the webpage building.

#17214 - 01/22/06 05:18 PM Re: {Spoiler} Breeding all varieties - hopfully.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh my gosh! This game is so fun! I've gone through every post to get ideas from people. I'm having trouble getting the catfish and snouts, any ideas? I have four of the seven magic fish. I'm lacking the Oriental Goldbulb, Orange Snooper and Wasp Grouper. I've made tons of money in my original game selling the Canary Fire-arrow, Crimson Comet, and Speckled Leaffish. Once I got past the level 2 environment, my fish thrived. Now, I've got so many, I can't decide which ones to keep and which ones to sell. I just don't have enough room for all of them. I still don't have any fanned, hornet, silky or tiger. And, can't seem to get the catfish, pigmy and snout. This is just too much fun for someone my age!!!!

#17215 - 01/22/06 06:46 PM Re: {Spoiler} Breeding all varieties - hopfully.
GrammaBobbie Offline
Consigliere

Hi! I agree....... way too much fun for someone my age, too!

I just put up a couple charts on my webpage, that show how I get all the body types and fins. I follow narrow formulas I've developed that work to achieve whatever end fish I trying to form. It might give you some insight as to what you can do with the fish you have to get the ones you are missing.

I've not put up much of an explanation for it yet, but hubby is INSISTING that FOOD remain in our lives and is forcing me to go shopping! ..... As for me, I could live on fish food!

#17216 - 01/28/06 04:05 PM Re: {Spoiler} Breeding all varieties - hopfully.
GrammaBobbie Offline
Consigliere

JUST finally finished!

21 tanks of 21 fish giving me the 441!

After a number of hours looking for ones I'd missed (I'd forgetten a acouple of my pictures came from a different game) I finally reached 441! What a silly sense of accomplishment!

Now I want to do 21 one tanks the opposite, as sfrose suggested. All the fins on one type of fish. Guess after that there won't be much left to do but pick out my favorite fish and have pets.

There are pictures of all the fish on my website .. a tank at a time of course!

I LOVE FISH TYCOON

#17217 - 01/28/06 05:45 PM Re: {Spoiler} Breeding all varieties - hopfully.
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Wow! Congrats! Especially on doing to with only three fish trashed!

I started a new tank and bought lots of eggs, but two of you nine "breeders" are still missing...

There's is still more "research" that can be done. Average starting price for each fish? Average best selling price? What is the full set of fish that will survive (with medication and/or vitamins) without upgrading the envirnoment? etc. (I'm working on making a chart of which are the "Level 1" fish, but I imagine that you could do it faster...)

Edit: Oh, and figure out the Mutation rules!!! (either from the magic fish or the chemical...)

Edited by sfrose (01/28/06 06:05 PM)

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#17218 - 01/28/06 07:21 PM Re: {Spoiler} Breeding all varieties - hopfully.
GrammaBobbie Offline
Consigliere

Quote:

Wow! Congrats! Especially on doing to with only three fish trashed!

Thanks sfrose. I'm doing the oppostie tanks (all fis/one fin) in a new game that so far has 0 trashed fish .. I'm I'm hoping I can keep it that way through the game.

Hummmmmmmmmmm Doing the mutation rules does sound interesting. I have one more tanks setup complete and on stop... I could play with it in there and see what happens.

I've only tried the chemical a few times so far, and the Magic Grouper had me going in circles when I breed the groupers till I realized it was one of them and stirring things up! DUH!

#17219 - 01/28/06 08:05 PM Re: {Spoiler} Breeding all varieties - hopfully.
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

You're welcome!

When I was recreating my own "genetic" charts, I tried to be careful to to inclide the Magic Griuper in the tank, but I'm still not sure if I managed that... (I haven't found errors, so I probably did.)

I just hadn't gotten back to play with the results of having him there...

#17220 - 01/29/06 03:45 AM Re: {Spoiler} Breeding all varieties - hopefully.
Dannny Offline

It would be nice to see pictures of the 'perfect' fish. I'm running XP, and the game allowed me to put all 21 of the perfect fish in the same tank (my #2), as well. Any other fish I tried to move there, before 21, was forbidden, because tank was full with 20. So, I'm keeping 21 perfect fish in tank #2, and a breeding pair of all 7 magic fish in tank #1, to match up and make much moolah in the sale tank. Am bucking the prices up gradually, and now Canary Fire-Arrows are selling at $425. Broke 60k a couple hours ago, yippee!

#17221 - 01/29/06 05:17 AM Re: {Spoiler} Breeding all varieties - hopefully.
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

GrammaBobbie made pictures of all the "perfect fish" and put them up at her website:

http://www.bobbiemelody.com/perfectfish.htm

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter