Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 320 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#172250 - 09/20/08 02:59 AM Re: {Spoilers} The Legend Of The Great Sea Monster! [Re: HappyPlayer]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Loc: CA, USA
Episode Nineteen: The Invitation

A soft, gentle mist of rain fell on the village and darker clouds could be seen in the distance as the sun set completely over the ocean. While leaving the gong, Dodo noticed the villagers quickly retreating into their huts for the night. A few of the children felt the Guiding Hand urging them to pick some mushrooms. Dodo wished Jem and Piku a good night, and they left for their huts. On his way he watched the kids run to the food bin with their gathered goodies. The last one tripped and dropped his in the fire. Embarrassed, the child got up and ran home. That's when Dodo saw Samar sitting alone in the rain.

Dodo carefully approached him. "He's alive, Dodo! My father is alive and so is Lakia!" Samar had tears of joy streaming down his face. "Do you know how old he must be?" Dodo shook his head. "He would have been 60 when I was born, and I am 42 now, so he must be 102!" Dodo was a little stunned, but he let Samar continue. "They're alive! They're alive! Can you believe it?!"

At first Dodo just stared at him in disbelief. Then he looked around the island and recalled the evening's events. "Well, stranger things have happened."

Samar chuckled. "I guess so. So what happens now?"

"The village may be in danger. So, we find out who was in the statue. Once we know that the village is safe, we'll leave to find Lakia and your father."

"We?" asked Samar.

"Yes, we." replied Dodo with a smile and helped Samar get up. Then he patted Samar on the back. "Let's go pack. We leave in the morning."

As they walked back to the village center Samar shared with Dodo why the Elders locked the door in the first place, and why no one is ever told about it. He told him about the King and Queen, their disappearance, and the failed search. Dodo requested that Samar tell the whole group about it while they are on their mission. When the two men parted ways, Dodo felt like it had been a very long day. But before he could call it a night he needed to catch up with Shuka.

The storm ended when Blanne stepped up onto the shore. He and Hong started a fire, and Lakia wrapped herself in the warm blanket. They ate quietly and then prepared to sleep. Lakia watched the flames dancing on the beach and missed her family. Their hut was closest to their firepit. She motioned for Hong to come over. When he had sat down, she turned to Him and offered him a smile. "Hong? I'm sorry that you had to be replaced. If the western shore is getting a new Leader, I hope he is as nice as you are." Blanne grinned delightedly at her from the other side of the fire. Hong put his arm around Lakia for just a moment, smiled and replied, "I hope the new Leader is as precious as you are right now." Then they all said goodnight, Hong found a place of his own, and the three of them slept.

Shuka jumped up and threw her hands in the air, "No one knows what happened to Tofo! It's like he disappeared into the wind!" Then she sat down and leaned over and whispered, "But that's why I need a favor from you four."

They were suddenly interrupted by a knocking on the door of their hut. "Dodo! Come in!" said Weeko as he motioned for their new Leader to come inside. They offered him a little late-night stew, but he politely declined. He only stopped in to give Shuka the plans for the boat. Then he left to his hut and fell fast asleep. Shuka, Leia, Weeko, Kali, and Akio talked late into the night about Shuka's plans.

Jem could hear them talking as she gathered what she needed from the other side of the hut. However, she couldn't quite make out everything they were saying. She packed her belongings, ate a small snack, and then went to sleep.

In another area of the village, Piku had gathered up everything he needed in his hut, but fell asleep while packing it up. During the night he had a dream about Biggles...

#172807 - 09/25/08 01:09 AM Re: {Spoilers} The Legend Of The Great Sea Monster! [Re: HappyPlayer]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

=================
Author's Note:
I want to thank all my faithful readers! \:D Here is the much awaited transition into the new version of the story. Enjoy!! \:D
=================

Episode Twenty: The Journey Begins

During the night Piku had the same dream over and over. "Let me do what I need to do!" yelled Biggles. He pushed Piku aside and reached for a bundle of herbs lying on the research table and mashed them into a bowl full of water from the waterfall pool (as well as some other things Piku couldn't make out). Piku called for a couple of the men to help him stop the stranger. Biggles grabbed the concoction and ran away. When Piku awoke in the morning, he was tired from running in his sleep all night. He quickly finished packing and left for the Gong of Wonder.

Now Piku was special. From the time he turned old enough to work, it was clear that Piku did everything a little differently - a little faster than everyone else. Piku walked faster, talked faster, worked faster, danced faster, slept faster, and even dreamed faster than everyone else. Eventually Piku was nicknamed The Village Runner. He liked that.

The elders asked the Guiding Hand to guide Dodo's way and bring his team home safely. Then the Highest Elder rang the gong and they waited for a sign. The gong granted food in the food bin that was twice the amount of what the four had packed for their mission. Everyone felt that this was a good sign. The Highest Elder, Tarik, went into the statue, opened the door and handed Samar the key. Piku, who was holding a lit torch, carefully stepped inside first. The others followed. A gust of wind blew the door shut.

After they had gone inside Shuka gently pulled Elder Tarik aside to speak to him quietly. "Tarik, I recognized the coconut grove in the gong's vision last night. It was Paco's Island." Shuka looked at Dodo's drawings in her hand. She remembered her father, who climbed over the North Mountain to be with her mother. She thought about her grandfather, Hong, whom she now knew was still alive. She did not like the idea of waiting. "Dodo was right. We need to build a floating hut or a boat or a raft, or something to get my grandfather, and Lakia, home safely!"

Tarik had a gentle but firm manner about him. His tall thin frame stood over hers, and he shook his head quietly. "Shuka, building a boat isn't enough. We can't send our villagers out at sea with the sea monster lurking about. We need to stop the sea monster first."

"I agree." Shuka already had a plan in mind. "That's why I want you to stay here and get together with the builders to determine if any of these plans will get a small group of our villagers to Paco's Island and back." Shuka handed Tarik Dodo's plans for the floating hut, the boat plans from the gong wall, and her own plans for a simple raft. Then very carefully, the lively story-teller looked Tarik right in the eyes and declared, "I'm taking the Waterfallers back to the Southern Shore to get the Black Pearl of the Queen's Golden Scepter, and the Magical Fruit of Longevity."

"No!" cried the Highest Elder in shock. "It's too dangerous! They can't go back! And if they find out the truth, it will change everything."

"I will be careful." Shuka replied with a smile. "The Waterfallers are the only ones who the Mountain People will trust. They can easily harvest the Fruit of Longevity, and shouldn't have a problem getting the Black Pearl for the Queen's Scepter."

"That is true." Tarik agreed. "But then who is going to find the Queen?"

Dodo's team began searching the inner room, studying its rich detail. There were paintings all over the walls. There was a small table at one end, over which hung the mirror. On the floor were vials and bowls, as well as old little wooden boxes. "Let's start down the passage." Dodo told them.

"I overheard Shuka tell my parents last night that some of the passageway is a steep uphill climb." Jem said. "It breaks off into many other paths further along, so you have to know where you're going."

"Then one of us needs to keep track of markings along the way so we can return." Dodo decided. Piku volunteered.

The stone passageway was roughly cut from the mountain beside their village. It was quite large for being a hidden passage. When they had gone as far as the village's waterfall they were already walking uphill. At the top of the climb, found a wooden flap on the side of the wall next to the waterfall. When everyone had passed it, Jem turned the wooden handle and lifted up the flap. Sparkling water started pouring into the passageway...

#173658 - 10/03/08 07:58 AM Re: {Spoilers} The New Adventures Of Lakia & Dodo [Re: HappyPlayer]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Episode Twentyone: A World Away

After Dodo and his team went through the gong statue early that morning, the Waterfallers began gathering what they needed. Kali was one of the Forgotten Five that Weeko and Leia found when they came down the waterfall. Akio was Weeko and Leia's only child. Shortly after he married Kali, the Great Ocean delivered a crate full of kids. Between the children and the work that still needed to be done, Weeko and Leia began to forget about their old home. Akio found Shuka's family in the forest near the southwestern ridge of the shore. They have been like family ever since.

Weeko, Leia, Akio, and Kali Waterfaller, met Elder Shuka by the gong shortly after breakfast. Seeing that they had gathered food, blankets, walking sticks, and several torches, Highest Elder Tarik gathered the second group of adventurers together for words of encouragement. He warned them that they needed to succeed in their mission because the future of the Western Shore was at stake.

Shuka carefully opened the ancient door. A rush of water came pouring out. This time the water that flooded the area caused the coconut trees to produce extra fruit. Even though they were now all wet, they were still as excited as ever to see how the Southern Shore was doing.

Tarik rounded up the builders in the village center, and discussed the plans with them. After seeing the vision that the gong granted them, they knew that they needed to rescue their loved and lost tribe-members. Realizing that the island wasn't that far away, they agreed that the simple raft would work. If there was time they would build the larger boat.

Early that same morning, Blanne, the Great Sea Spirit, hurried into the ocean. He pulled out a golden medallion from under his garment, held it up to the sky, and waited. The remaining clouds whisked away, and the sky became a beautiful shade of blue. When the sunlight hit him in just the right way Blanne transformed back into the great fish. Lakia wrapped the blanket that Hong had given her around her waist like a skirt. Hong helped her to sit upon the back of the great fish. Then he climbed up and sat down behind her, and then Blanne emerged himself under the water and swam quickly on their way.

Blanne brought them to the shore of the southernmost tip of the island. Lakia again touched her heart and held the medallion, and Blanne transformed again into a man. They rested on the beach and ate breakfast. Meanwhile Blanne explained about the King and Queen. "Normally, they eat of the Longevity Fruit and live a long time. But their highest councilman, Paco is trying to overthrow the throne and had been destroying all the plants that bear that fruit." Blanne told them. "He also stole medicinal plants, herbs, and flowers from all over the island. He had been trying to make himself strong and fast. Some of his combinations have worked, and others he just puts into vials and throws them into the river or ocean."

Hong and Lakia listened carefully as Blanne went on. "One night Paco stole the King's medallion. After that the King and Queen were afraid for their well-being and fled the palace. They knew it was time to train one of their sons to take over the throne. They went deep into the Darkened Forest and hid there for years. Many villagers believed that they passed away. Others believed that Paco was given the throne." Blanne paused a moment.

"I have tried unsuccessfully to stop Paco in the past. So the King and Queen have been in hiding, waiting for help to arrive. That is why I am here to bring you to them. But Paco might be watching. We will have to sneak in to meet them." Blanne finished.

"Forgive me for asking, Your Highness, but if you couldn't defeat him before, what makes you think that Hong and I will be enough help to you now?"

"Because we're not alone." Blanne replied with a smile. "We will soon have help. They are on their way now and will meet us further along."

Jem quickly closed the flap that let the water pour out. "Let's keep going." she said. Before long, they started seeing cracks in the ceiling and beams of mid-morning sunlight broke through. Yet, Piku, who struggled with moving so slowly, did not put out his torch. An hour or so later, they were out of the tunnel-like part of the passage. In front of them were three separate walkways: one straight ahead, which led to another tunnel, one that turned off left and to the north, turning back a little bit the direction that they came, and one that turned right and to the south, leading up a little hill.

"Leader Dodo? Which way do you want us to go?" asked Piku.
Dodo turned to Samar. "Do you remember which path leads where?"
Samar looked every which way, trying to remember...

#174168 - 10/09/08 06:27 AM Re: {Spoilers} The Legend of the Great Sea Monster [Re: HappyPlayer]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Episode Twentytwo: Someone's There

Autumn clouds blew in overhead. Piku inserted the torch on a small holder just inside the tunnel's opening to keep the flame from blowing out. Then he took out a piece of parchment paper and tried to make a drawing of where they were. Samar walked around for a couple of minutes, trying to look over the area.

Then he pointed North, "That way has, or had, a seashore village and a few inner villages along the river. But they were empty and no one has seen anyone there for a long time." Then he turned around toward the hill and scratched his head. "There is something familiar about this road, but I don't remember what it..."

There was a noise in the tunnel ahead and they all could hear footsteps.

Dodo dropped his bag and ran off into the tunnel.
"Where does the tunnel go?" Jem asked Samar as they picked up Dodo's bag and ran after him.
"To the eastern villages." Samar had a hard time breathing as they ran. "We shouldn't go that way! Even the Guiding Hand doesn't go to the east side of Isola!"

Dodo ran as fast as he could, but couldn't catch up to the footsteps he heard. He saw that part of the passageway dropped off and so he stopped short. Piku was taking a little longer to catch up since he had to grab the torch and run carefully. Soon Jem and Samar caught up and nearly pushed Dodo over the edge of the little ledge. "Where is he?" Jem asked.

"He got away." Dodo said as he was catching his breath. "But I saw him! It was..." Just then Piku ran into them all and Dodo went over the ledge...

There was a path that led away from the shore that was narrow and overgrown. Blanne pulled out a tool from under his robe and began cutting away as they went. "Be as quiet as possible." Blanne told them. "We don't want Paco to find us." So Hong and Lakia kept a look out for movement in the brush.

A dense fog came over the land and Lakia began to feel a little cold. When she pulled the blanket up over her head and shoulders she tripped and fell. She took a hold of a branch as she went down, and let go when it didn't support her. It flung back into the air, hitting other branches. The chain reaction of sound caused a number of animals to take flight in the brush. Before they knew it, Hong, Blanne, and Lakia were surrounded by a group of angry young hunters and gatherers from the nearby village.

Hong leaned over to Blanne, "Aren't you going to do something?" Blanne leaned behind him and brought Lakia forward. Then he pulled the blanket off her head to reveal her face. The villagers all gasped, fell to their knees and began to cry out to them. "We're sorry!" "Have mercy!" "Forgive us, oh Queen!" ...

After Shuka and the Waterfallers dried off they started once again to go into the gong statue. To their surprise the inner chamber's floor was already dry. They walked along the corridor carefully and quietly. Every once in a while they stopped and took a break, and looked at the beautiful paintings on the walls, which seemed to sparkle ever so slightly. The passageway felt like it went on forever, and to the older, slower villagers, it felt like they had gone miles.

They decided to hurry up down the passage when they heard a whistling sound ahead. The tunnel was cool and dark, except for the dim light of the torches. The eerie whistling sound seemed to follow them. They came up to the opening where the path broke into sections and were met by a gentle wind and dense fog.

Shuka motioned for them to turn right and walk toward the south. The fog made it hard for them to see, and the light of the torch was only a little bit of help. When they reached the top of the hill, Shuka stopped them all with a cry, "Oh no!" ...

#174274 - 10/10/08 09:19 PM Re: {Spoilers} The Legend of the Great Sea Monster [Re: HappyPlayer]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Episode Twentythree: What Do You Want?

"I'm not a queen. Why are they saying that?" Lakia whispered to Blanne and Hong.
"She is not The Queen." Blanne told them, "However, she is related to the Queen. Please take us to your leader." Lakia was confused, but decided not to ask just yet.

It was a short walk to their little village which was by a beautiful and quiet stream. As they walked, the fog began to clear. The hunter and gatherer villagers brought the trio to a little girl dressed in a vibrant outfit of gold and scarlet, and told them that this was their current Leader.

Blanne got down on one knee and bowed before the Leader. "Great Leader, Amaci! It is a pleasure to see you again. It is I, Blanne, Sea Spirit of the Western Shore. I bring you good news from the King and Queen!" Blanne then paused and waited for her reply.

"Arise young prince." She began. "And tell me of your good news." 'Young?' Lakia thought. However, when the little girl spoke, she sounded a lot older and wiser than Lakia imagined that a little girl should sound like.

"I have brought Lakia of the Mountain People. She is going to help us rescue the King and Queen, and return peace and harmony to the island of Isola. She has shown herself to be brave, selfless, and honest."

"Very good! And what of this other gentleman?" Leader Amaci asked him. Blanne could not hold back his smile. "This is Hong!"
Everyone in the village gasped, and then they bowed down before him, including the little Leader. "Great leader Hong! We have heard so many wonderful stories about you! You are legendary in these parts! We are at your service!"

The bridge that crosses the Hope River was broken. "What are we going to do now?" Shuka cried out! The Waterfallers looked over the hill and saw the fallen apart bridge.

"How deep is the water? Maybe we can swim across."
"It's too deep." Shuka told them. "We'll just have to repair the bridge."
"But the only one among us with building skill is my Mother," Akio protested. "and she is too elderly to do all those repairs!"
"Nonsense, dear." Leia said with a firm voice. "I have plenty of life left in me!" Leia smiled a bright smile that made everyone feel hopeful.

After Leia looked over the bridge, she gave orders to the others about what to bring her. The five of them scattered to find wood, stones for cutting, and stones for hitting. Leia was proud of her little building team, and Weeko was proud of her. Akio admitted that he was wrong, and was proud of her too.

They worked together for about an hour or so, when they heard a rustling in the nearby bushes. Because she was concerned that it was a wild animal, Shuka gathered the Waterfallers together, and they hid in another set of bushes nearby.

A group of twenty men, all wearing the same outfit, came running out of the wilderness, just in time to miss Shuka and the Waterfallers hide in the bushes. They were all runners. "I wonder what they want." Kali whispered to the others.

As the men quickly approached the bridge, one of them turned to the man who seemed to be their leader and asked, "The bridge is in disrepair. Should we fix it or go on to the next bridge?"

"We should fix this one." He replied. "I feel magic nearby. I have a feeling that it is the Western Medallion."

The runners quickly went to work on the bridge while Shuka and the Waterfallers remained quiet in the bushes. They were very pleased that these men were rapidly rebuilding the bridge. But they were also worried about Dodo. What if these men were the ones he was chasing in the statue, and they want his medallion? They just had to wait. Before the hour was over, the bridge was done, and the men went across.

Shuka was more determined than ever to find the Queen's Black Pearl. She knew that their quest can't fail, else their village would never be the same!

"Ahhhh!!" Dodo screamed as he slid down the mountainous terrain. They looked down in time to see Dodo's left knee catch on a rock. He grabbed ahold of a large root sticking out of the ground with his right hand. "Help!! I'm ok! But I have nothing else to grab!"

The river below them raged and roared as it passed. Piku found another torch holder and placed it inside. When he did that Jem saw that a cord was tied like a guide along the wall on the path, and another one laying on the ground. Samar tied the rope to the guide and also to himself. He leaned over the edge, I can't reach him!" Samar shouted. Piku and Jem, who were smaller than both Dodo or Samar, each held onto Samar's legs so he could go further. Samar began to feel afraid but he kept going anyway. He simply lowered himself inch by inch down the side of the mountain and reached down for Dodo's hand.

When they finally got close enough to touch, Samar struggled to pull Dodo up. Suddenly, his hands began to feel sweaty and he began to lose his grip on Dodo. And in another moment, Samar lost him. Jem saw it, screamed, and turned away. Piku let go of Samar and jumped up. Samar just turned around and smiled a big smile. "He's ok!"
Although Piku and Jem couldn't see it, the mysterious stranger had climbed down the cliff and up again underneath Dodo. While cleverly clinging to the mountainous wall, he helped Dodo to the top. There Samar, Jem, and Piku helped him onto the ledge.

"It's, it's, it's Biggles!!" Piku was startled and let go. But Samar and Jem had Dodo anyway, and pulled him up to the top and to safety with the mysterious man's help.

Then they turned to the mysterious man that Piku called Biggles and asked of him, "What do you want?"

"Follow me!" Biggles yelled as he ran. "I will show you." The four of them carefully stepped across the little ledge, still able to hear the roar of the raging river below them. When they got to the other side, the tunnel opened up again and the four of them saw the most breath-taking view they had ever seen...

#174537 - 10/13/08 06:12 AM Re: {Spoilers} The Legend of the Great Sea Monster [Re: HappyPlayer]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Episode Twenty four: Respect

After their introduction as the Tribe of Flowing Waters, Leader Amaci offered for them to eat with her later. She told them that until then they should just relax in the village. Then she sent her hunters and gatherers back out into the wild. As Lakia looked around the small group of villagers, she noticed that they were hungry. Their food bin was low. Nor was there any sign of crops in their field. Even their berry bush was empty. Lakia turned to Blanne and Hong. "No wonder the villagers of this tribe were hunting and gathering - they have so little to eat! Is Leader Amaci going to give us the last bits of food out of their food bin? I can't take their only food. We need to do something!"

Blanne said that he will supply food for their meal the same way he did for Lakia and Hong the night before. Although Lakia was happy to hear that they would have food for the day, she was more concerned over whether they would have food that will last them much longer. "Why not walk over to the river and see if there are any fish in it." Hong suggested. "Perhaps they have plenty of fish that they just haven't caught yet."

So Lakia walked over to the river. She peered into the water and saw that the stream didn't have any fish. She looked back over her shoulder at Hong and Blanne and shook her head. Hong and Blanne grinned at each other. Lakia closed her eyes, reached down and touched the water with one hand, and touched the medallion piece with the other. Sparkles rose up from the river and it was filled to overflowing with fish. The members of the tribe were fascinated by what Lakia had done.

"She has come to bring balance back to Isola!" Many of the villagers shouted. But even more of them did not know how to fish. Lakia and Hong showed a few of them how to catch the fish, and let them teach the others. Blanne stood back smiling. He knew that the King and Queen had made the right choice in choosing Lakia.

Meanwhile, Paco's Runners had followed a path on this side of the Hope River. This path ran along the river all the way to the little village. Before the trio knew it, Paco's Runners were running through the village. Hong and Lakia hid behind a hut, and Blanne took a guarding stance in front of them while grabbing his medallion. Hong reached up and held his arm. "Please, let Lakia." Blanne agreed. Lakia was stunned. It was one thing to get the fish to return to the area, and another thing to make people go away. However, the Runners were running as if they were searching for someone or something.

"They are after you, Lakia. Or your medallion piece!" Hong told her.
"What should I do?" Lakia replied. Then she tried to get the medallion to work, but it didn't do anything.
"This time you will need to ask the Guiding Hand for help."
She could see that some of the Runners were running in their direction. Yet, Lakia stared at them in disbelief, "I don't believe in the Guiding Hand!"

The whole village stopped, even the Runners. They all looked upward, pulled out their scripts, and asked, "GH HP, LAKIA DOESN'T BELIEVE IN THE GUIDING HAND???" HP nodded, "I'm trying to fix that." Then they put their scripts away and carried on about their ransacking and fleeing.

"Ok, ok." Lakia said. Then she tried again to work the magic of the medallion, but again, it didn't do anything.
"Lakia, stop. You have to ask the Guiding Hand for help!" Hong insisted.
"No! It just doesn't make sense for someone so small to communicate with someone of such great importance!" Lakia saw another runner coming her way and jumped into the empty berry bush alongside the hut. The Runner kept going, as if he were now chasing her. "We really don't have time for this! The medallion worked before when Blanne changed, and when the fish came. I don't need the Guiding Hand to help me. I need to get my medallion to work!"

Blanne turned around and placed his hand on her shoulder and spoke to her gently. "Dearest Lakia, if you want to be captured then just sit there and be stubborn. You can't be a leader on your own. The sooner you realize that there is something out there that is greater than you, the sooner you will be rescued and the better Leader you will become! The medallion will help you help others, but you need the Guiding Hand to help you. Do you understand?"

Lakia saw the Runners destroying the village as they searched for her, and then looked up toward the sky. She began to understand that she might have been chosen to be the next Leader. This caused her to be a bit frightened. What if she wasn't brave enough? What if she made a mistake and the entire island became endangered? What if the other piece of the medallion is found and its owner hates her. What if that is who is trying to take this piece from her?

Finally, in fear and respect, Lakia held her medallion piece in her hand and whispered, "Guiding Hand, I don't know if I'm supposed to be the villager chosen to lead my tribe, but I know that I am not strong enough to do it on my own. Please guide my path and help me to do what is right. And, Guiding Hand, please save us from these Runners."

All of a sudden, Lakia felt a hand pick her up and lift her up into the air. The others saw her disappear and smiled. The grip gently let her go behind a group of trees on the village's edge. Lakia touched one of the trees as she landed, still holding her medallion close. The tree shook violently and opened up. Then she heard a noise like that of the gong. Thousands of large pink petals and pollen scattered all through the air into the village and scared the Runners, sending them on retreat. The little village gathered all around her, cheered for joy, and danced atop the lovely pink petals. Lakia had found one of Isola's hidden passageways!

Back in the western village, Elder Tarik wondered if the tribe should wait for Shuka's return. It was his responsibility to protect the village. He held a meeting of the Council of Elders and discussed another plan: While the builders work hard making the raft, the rest of the villagers should move their Esteemed Totem Poles to the shallow waters off ocean shore, as a barrier against the Sea Monster and further attacks. Once again, the elders were in disagreement. By the end of the evening, they made their decision...

Edited by Rockmower (10/13/08 07:17 PM)

#176191 - 11/01/08 02:27 AM Re: {Spoilers} The Legend of the Great Sea Monster [Re: HappyPlayer]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Episode Twentyfive: Look Who It Is!

As Dodo, Samar, Jem, and Piku came out of the tunneling passageway into the light, Biggles walked to the edge of the canyon and stopped. "It's the Rim of Promise!" Samar cried out and fell to the ground. "We can't go over there! We need to turn back!" Samar was shaking.

Dodo gave Jem a nudging look and she went over to Samar and put her arm on his shoulder and let him know it would be all right. Dodo and Piku walked over to the edge where Biggles was standing. The view was amazing!

There was a shimmering lake at the bend of the Rim of Promise where a lovely stream flowed out to the eastern side and over the edge. A sparkling waterfall flowed down from it into a river at the bottom. The trees were greener, and large and full of fruit and coconuts. The berry bushes were larger and fuller.

An empty grand white hut stood out among the smaller, more colorful ones. There was a nearly empty village between them. A couple of musicians played quietly. A single farmer was working at harvesting. Building were left half built and weather beaten. Large paintings were left leaning on the outside of the grand hut. It looked like the rain had washed some of the color off them. The size of the village was huge, and yet, instead of hundreds of people there, there were only a few.

"The evil councilman Paco cleared out the village after he gathered all our herbs to find a special mixture. The only villagers who come here now are his Runners who train for Paco's yearly competition, and some of their family members. We don't have anyone here who understands herbs or medicine. You see, I am also in need of a special mixture of herbs. Long ago Paco tricked me into drink a vial that made me different. So I have been all over the island searching for a cure."

Piku knew exactly what he wanted. "I brought them." Everyone turned to Piku in amazement. "It took me awhile to figure out what combination of herbs you needed from the dream, but I brought them. Oh, and I brought the water from the waterfall."

Biggles took the items and ran. Dodo ran after him. Samar, fearful for Dodo's life jumped up and tried to catch him to stop him. So they all fled down a flight of steps carved into the canyon ridge. A small fire was partway down, and the group suddenly noticed that several fires were lit here and there along the trail on both sides of the canyon. As the sun began to go down over the ridge, they were glad for this. Biggles mixed
the contents as he ran, then poured them into the first fire-pit as soon as he reached it. Then to the group's amazement, he jumped into the fire!
But it wasn't Biggles who came out of the fire...

Amaci was overjoyed at Lakia's discovery. However, she knew that Lakia should be taken to the King and Queen right away and not delay any further. She called for three of her men. "This is Elaku, Cheop, and Hokou. They will go with you on your journey, for they know the island's hills and valleys."

Blanne stepped into the passageway before the others. Elaku handed Lakia a torch. When she looked at him she noticed his eyes. They reminded her of Dodo. As Hong stepped inside, he heard a rustling in the crowd behind him.

"Wait!" The crowd held back a woman. "I won't lose him again!" They tried to hush her and tell her that he needs to go, but she cried out more. "Wait! Don't you remember me?" ...

#177553 - 11/16/08 10:00 PM Re: {Spoilers} The Legend of the Great Sea Monster [Re: HappyPlayer]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Episode Twentysix: The Greatest Power

Shuka and the Waterfallers had waited patiently for the Runners to finish the bridge and run along, out of their sight. Then they carefully crossed the bridge. Noting the footprints on the ground, Shuka was glad to see that they took the other path. "We need to hurry." She told the others. "It is already late afternoon, and the sun will be setting before we know it." They all agreed with her.

No one but Shuka had been down this way before. Even Weeko and Leia had been caught up in the rapids of the river when they passed this way last, and hadn't noticed the trees and flowers. Kali was a bit scared. She had never been where she couldn't see the sun going down over the ocean. She wanted to believe that they would be ok, but wasn't so sure. Shuka decided to tell them more about their mission while they walked.

"The Queen's Black Pearl came from a giant clam that washed up on the shore of the city where the Palace of Prosperity is located, and is the most powerful source of energy on the island." Shuka told them in her dramatic manner. "You see, the Legend of Isola says that anyone who touches the pearl and helps another is given inner peace and hope. But anyone that keeps the pearl for him or herself withdraws from the others and his or her her heart is filled with worry and doubt."

"After it had been found, the King gave the pearl to the Queen, who cautiously held it in her scepter. One day, one of the sons of the King and Queen, Ipo and Iso, went missing, she took the pearl out of her scepter to harness it's power to find him."

"Incredible!" Kali exclaimed. "Then we can use the pearl to find the sea monster and Lakia, can't we? But why do we need the plant?"

"Well, using the powerful pearl in her hands instead of the scepter made her age very quickly. She had to be given the fruit from the Longevity Plant in order to stay alive." Shuka paused a moment before continuing. "Sadly, they never found their son before they themselves disappeared."

As the sun started to go down behind them, Akio saw that the path came close to the river again up ahead. They approached the North-West tip of the Rim of Promise, where there was a tiny little empty village with a sign that read: Fire City. The five of them peered inside the entryway, and noted a huge fire-pit that merely needed to be lit.

"I think we should build a fire here and stay the night." Weeko said. "We still have a ways to go and we are running out of daylight." The group agreed and passed through the gate. Shuka walked over to the river and sat by the shore.

"Wait! Father!" Hong remembered that voice. "Don't you remember me?" The woman who was trying to get through the crowd broke free past them and ran to Hong as he turned around.

"Onawa?" She nodded. "Onawa! Well praise the Guiding Hand and Isola herself!" It was one of his daughters. He hugged her.
"Many of the others are here too!" She told him. Then Onawa continued, "Father, this is your grand-daughter." and she placed her hand on Amaci.

Hong was very excited about finding his daughters there in the little village. He promised his daughters that he would return there as soon as he was done with the needs of the King and Queen. Young Leader Amaci urged Lakia, Blanne, and Hong to hurry.

The three climbed back into the passage along with the Tribe's three hunters, and quietly and quickly traveled toward their destination, The Darkened Forest. Partway through, Lakia began to hear the sound of water. They stopped at a wide area, that had a trickle of water flowing down into a bowl-like feature on the wall. There was a small opening in the passage that led upward. Lakia didn't go out, but looked out the opening.

Shuka sat there by the river and gently spoke to the gods of Isola. She told them about how much she missed Lakia and how she hoped to see her family again. Leia walked over to Shuka and assured her that they would do their best to find the girl. Kali came over too and sat down. Then she called into the twilight, "Lakia! We love you and and want you to come home! We're not going to stop looking for you! La-ki-a!"

Lakia sat by the opening, watched the sun go down over the mountain and listened. As the wind blew through the opening, it sounded like a familiar voice was calling for her to come home. She called back, "I'm coming! I'll be home soon!" Then turned back to her fellow adventurers. "Let's go" and they continued on their way.

Kali turned to her mother and Shuka, "Did you hear that? Lakia answered us!" But they assured her that Lakia was on another island, far from here, and it must have just been the wind. They all got up to head for the newly lit fire, when Leia stumbled and fell. She cried out in pain, for her leg was broken...

#177873 - 11/20/08 09:05 AM Re: {Spoilers} The Legend of the Great Sea Monster [Re: HappyPlayer]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Episode Twentyseven: Found!

Dodo and his group stared in disbelief. The man who stepped out of the fire was older and wore a bright golden outfit. The setting sun behind him made him look like he was glowing. His pale face and bald head seemed to glisten. The older man's brilliant blue eyes were calm like a still sea, and yet, they looked like they could see through you. Then he suddenly raised his arms toward the sky, and a great number of butterflies filled the air around him. The colorful flittering of the butterflies made the man look like he was sparkling.

Dodo and Piku stepped in front of Samar and Jem. "What kind of man is this who unlocks doors without a key, enters a man's dreams, and walked through the fire without being burned?" Dodo asked.

The gentleman looked at Dodo eye to eye, and said firmly and loudly, "I am Ipo, King of Isola." Samar fell to his knees and bowed his head. Then he pulled Dodo and Piku down to the ground too. "There isn't time." The king said. "We need to leave this area now." As the four were getting up, King Ipo noticed Dodo's knee. "You're bleeding!" he said to him. "Come with me!" He grabbed Dodo's arm and began running back up the ridge.

"Here we go again." Piku commented as they took off running again after Dodo.

"Paco's men are everywhere. If we stay here they may see us, if they haven't seen us already. We need to get off this ridge." The beautiful elderly gentleman man had an urgency in his voice. "I know a place that has a medical center. It's been deserted since the Queen and I had to leave the Palace. All the supplies we need will be there. I'll show you the way!" The golden-clothed man was lively and could ran as fast as Piku.

"Wait!" Dodo shouted as he was practically dragged up the ridge again. "I don't need to go to a medical center, we have a hospital in my village. And I am a doctor!" King Ipo tried to quiet him, but it was too late. A group of Runners spotted them as they reached the top.

"Villagers!" Came a cry from the bottom of the terrain. Before they knew it fifty men dressed in red and black garments, gathered in the center of the empty village below, and came running up the mountain.

"Over here!" King Ipo pointed to a narrow opening, barely visible, under the passageway. He scattered the dirt on the ground so that the Runners would not know which way they went, and then the four dove into the cave just in time.

When the men approached the top, and saw no one and no tracks, The leader of the group had the men scatter and check the surrounding terrain, and in the passageway. "I know I felt magic here. Keep looking."

Dirt fell on them as the men went into the passageway over their heads. A few minutes later the men returned and one of them reported, "Someone was at the river's crossing. They may have come from the western shore. What do you want us to do?"

"If there even is a tribe living on the western shore, King Paco won't collect them for the Great Race until after he finds the Western Medallion. For now, we return to the Palace."

Just then another Runner came up the ridge. "I just came from the Flowing Waters Tribe. I saw the Medallion!" Dodo tried to listen carefully as the men talked, but it seemed like they were leaving the area. "A young woman was wearing it, but she got away. She wasn't alone. She had help from Blanne and Hong...."

Dodo's eyes lit up with fear. "Lakia!" he gasped.

#178376 - 11/26/08 09:47 AM Re: {Spoilers} The Legend of the Great Sea Monster [Re: HappyPlayer]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Episode Twentyeight: Princess In The Wild

"Ow!" screamed Leia. She had tripped on something and fallen down. "Ow! My leg! I can't move it!" Akio and Weeko carried Leia into the Fire City Village and set her down by the fire. Shuka did what she could to set the bone in place and wrapped it up with a piece of Leia's dress. Kali stayed by her side, while Shuka took a torch and searched around the little village for herbs to help with the pain and bring down the swelling.

Shuka had mastered every art on the island that she had come in contact with, but today, her knowledge wasn't enough. She couldn't find any herbs or special medicinal flowers anywhere. She found little holes in the ground where these plants might have been growing.

Since there weren't any herbs or flowers in the Fire City, Shuka walked over to the field along the river on the other side of the path. Suddenly she could smell Lilly flowers, but was startled by a familiar voice nearby. Shuka couldn't see who it was, but noticed a small fire flickering through the bushes. She hid the light from her torch, and ducked down low.

"King! King!" It was one of the Runners from earlier that day. "The Western Medallion has been spotted. It was hanging on a young blonde woman's neck at the Tribe of The Flowing Water. Sir, she looked a lot like the Queen."
"Why didn't you get it? or her?" A deep voice asked him. He stepped into the light of the fire and Shuka saw his face. It was Councilman Paco. She quickly blew out her torch.
"She wasn't alone. There were two others with her. One of them, I'm positive, was Blanne."
"Impossible!" Paco shouted, and then calmed his voice a little. "I saw the potion I used on him turn him into a fish with my own eyes! You must be mistaken. And what about the other person?"
"Hong, your majesty." Shuka gasped, and covered her mouth.
Paco's face turned pale. "Gather the others and meet me back at the Palace!" Then Shuka heard a rustling, as the Runner left running, and Paco put out his small fire. Shuka began to carefully make her way back to the village while pondering whether her cousin was the Great Sea Monster.

Suddenly, a man ran right out in front of her and stopped. "Shuka! My, my, it's been a long time, princess." said a deep, but familiar voice.

"Councilman Paco? What a surprise! What are you doing here? How are the King and Queen?" Shuka hadn't seen Paco since her family had gone on the great quest to search for the King and Queen, and to find out what had been happening in the Ceremonial Village.

Paco pretended to be sad. "They are gone, Shuka, I am sorry. I have taken over the Palace. I just came out here to pay honor to the Fire Idol for our yearly Great Race. What are you doing here?"

Shuka knew that the King and Queen's oldest son was supposed to take the throne. She was surprised to learn that instead Paco was acting as Island Leader. Shuka nervously replied, "Oh. I am helping an injured friend on our way back to her village. I was just looking for a Lilly flower to make some medicine from. Have you seen one?"

Paco didn't want Shuka to know that he had Lillies in his sack, so he decided that he should be on his way. "Please, visit the Palace sometime and we will have a feast in your honor, Princess Shuka. It was good to see you again, but I have to go back now. You know how it is with royalty, you rarely get a moment for yourself." Shuka, however, could smell the herbs and flowers, but decided to let him go.

"Yes, I remember." Shuka said, recalling moments from her childhood of the great Palace of Prosperity. "Thank you for your invitation, Paco. I'm sure that our paths will meet again."

Paco hurried past the village and the villagers, and into the darkness on the road leading North. Shuka came rushing into the village. As soon as he was clearly gone, she told her followers, "We need to leave now!"

"Who was that? What about Leia's leg? What about the herbs?" they asked of her. They all gathered around the fire to hear what she had to say.

"That was Councilman Paco. Something is wrong. The King's son should have taken the throne, but instead Paco did. We have to get to the Ceremonial Village at once!" Shuka kneeled over Leia to hug her quickly "Please forgive me for not explaining what I'm about to do." The four them all looked up surprised as Shuka jumped up, twirled around, and then, with her hands sparkling, she touched Leia's leg and magically healed her. "Now let's go!"...

As soon as all the Runners were gone, King Ipo led the five of them to climb out of the little cave.
"My father's name was Hong." Samar stated. "If he's still alive and on this island, we're going the wrong way."
"And if Lakia is with him, then that means that she is in danger!" Dodo proclaimed.

Ipo looked at them, and chuckled a little. "My dear children, if Lakia and Hong are with Blanne, then you have no reason to worry. And Dodo, if you are not too injured to travel then we should be on our way."

"Where are we going your Highness?" Jem asked.

"To throw a party, of course!" King Ipo replied cheerfully. But seeing that the others weren't smiling, he added, "We are going to the Darkened Forest to meet Queen Iso. She is waiting there for us with the others." Then King Ipo smiled another bright smile, dusted off his clothes, and began walking into the nearby forest. "He's alive and well and walking!" He sang. "My son is alive and well and walking!" The little flowers along the road beside him suddenly bloomed. "Let's go save Isola!" King Ipo quietly shouted. Dodo, Jem, Piku, and Samar all froze in their place as they watched him.

Finally, Piku said, "Well, I can't remember the last time anyone threw a party to get ready for a rescue. But if he's the King, we should go along with him." The four of them agreed, dusted themselves off, and ran to catch up with the golden King Ipo...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter