Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 220 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1676 - 11/30/04 10:06 AM Re: Beam fish capability for the pocket pc please!
Freth Offline

I wanted to make a point about game updates. I've been gaming for over 20 years. During that time there have only been a handful of games that truly gave free updates and goodies. That being said, it's not something you should expect from a software developer. Yes, it would be nice to see the same functionality as on the palm version (i.e. beam fish), but to expect such a thing on different platforms may be unrealistic. Not every software developer is a be-all-end-all expert on all platforms, which is why you have many game developers pick one platform and stick with it. Take SNES as opposed to SEGA GENESIS. These two consoles were completely different from each other and each had different capabilities. The same game, take Mortal Kombat for instance, on each console had things the other didn't. One might've had more players available while the other had better animations. My point is that you can't expect both games on the Palm and Pocket PC to be exactly the same. It just isn't going to happen. Wanting to have a few things fixed or implemented to even out gameplay is one thing. Expecting extra handouts from a software developer is another. I have to side with Arthur and LDW on this one. PDA software is dirt-cheap compared to the PC or any other gaming platform. I own a copy of Fish Tycoon for the Pocket PC and happen to think I got my money's worth.

That's my opinion. Take it as you will.

Edited by Freth (11/30/04 10:10 AM)

#1677 - 11/30/04 10:30 PM Re: Beam fish capability for the pocket pc please!
mediceva Offline

When you think of it, look at internet explorer and other devices on the computer you use that give free updates. I think that is why people are asking. You don't need to spaz and give a lengthy explaination why you think there should be one or shouldn't be one. It doesn't happen often for games, true... but it would be nice and that is why people ask. You don't ask, you don't get.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter