Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 320 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#166746 - 08/04/08 06:45 PM The West Tribe Story
Happy Birthday Isolayan Offline
Expert

Loc: On the computer!
Chapter One
The children gathered around for a little break from hunting mushrooms.
"Tag!" yelled the youngest, Atepa. She jumped up and down, her black ponytail bouncing with her.
An older girl with long blong hair groaned unpleasantly and walked over to the pond.
"I don't know why," she began, dipping her small feet into the cool water, "you still play with them, Mali. For goodness sake, you're 15 already!"
Mali indeed towered over the little ones. He looked even older than he really was because his hair was greyish-silver, but it twinkled along with his grey eyes.
"They need an extra player, and I don't see you coming over here, Lala."
Lala sniffed and turned her back on them.
"Tag!" Atepa yelled agin.
"No, Teppi, Thema's 'It'. You wait your turn, okay."
corrected another boy. He also had black hair like ATepa, and he also had thick eyebrows and silver patches just above his ears.
"So sorry, Yap." ATepa apologized and got in line to play.
Meanwhile, Lala was trying to wet her hair. After a few minutes of immense frustration, she stood and tried to dry the few places on her head that got wet.
Two unidentified flying objects landed in the pond with two big splashes, wetting Lala from head to toe. She shrieked loudly with annoyance.
the children stopped their game and ran to see what could have caused Lala to shriek this time. Other times had included a spider, a bracelet made of colorful wooden beads, and a toy monkey Atepa owned.
Two figures emerged from the dark blue water. One was a woman with shoulder-length black as the night hair and two large silver hoops attached to her earlobes. Lala watched them jealously. The other was a young man with bushy dark brown hair. Lala turned her attention to him and found that she couldn't take her eyes off him. Too bad the rest o0f the kids, except Mali, were holding onto her legs and it took a lot of willpower to not shake them off.
"Who are you?" Mali asked.
"I'm Hakea Love. This is my friend, Hiji Fire. How about you?"
"I'm Mali Water. This is Lala Song. And this is Yap Land, Thema Heart, and Atepa Run."
"Are there any others? Where are your parents?"
"No, there aren't any others. Our parents left us here several months ago."
"Nine!" Atepa shrieked.
"Yea, thanks. Nine months ago." Mali said.
"Hmm, I guess we'll have to help you kids. Hiji, do you think you could build a fire? Mali, how old are you?" Hakea asked as Hiji left for the woodpile by the south end of the beach.
"Well, uh, I just turned 15 a few weeks ago." Mali answered, scratching his head.
"Good, come with me."
Hakea took his hand and brought him over to the long table by the long hut.
"I'll show you how to research, then I will work on that hut over there."
"Uh, okay, Hakea."
An hour of this, and Hakea was finally able to work on the hut. Hiji, in the meantime, was having some trouble starting the fire, but in the end, a large fire roared in the firepit. Everyone congratulated Hiji, then went to do their own thing. Hiji, with nothing left to do, went to fish, seeing that the food bin had very little food, most of them rotten mushrooms and inedible fish.
Lala approached Hakea. Hiji was fishing in the o0cean, and Lala couldn't help but stare. Finally, she mustered enough courage to talk to that Hakea woman.
"Hakea, can I go work with Hiji in the ocean? Can I?"
"Just one question to pass the test. How old are you?"
"Mmmmm, I'll be 14 next week."
"Then enjoy your last week of youth."
"Fine." Lala mumbled, dragging herself to her favorite spot by the ocean, watching Hiji fish and waiting for her turn next to him.

#166845 - 08/05/08 03:38 PM Re: The West Tribe Story [Re: Isolayan]
Expert

To comment on the story, click here
Chapter Two
Lala opened her eyes in the dim light of the research hut. Today was the day! She could sing! (But she won't since her rough voice makes her sound like a strangled monkey). Excitement was bubbling in her like an overcooked stew. She took a deep breath and smelled something unfamiliar, but delicious. She tiptoed around the empty beds to the door blinding with sunlight.
Outside, Hakea was cooking in a little bowl. The smell hung in the air, unwilling to go. The children were running around. They had never been to a 'party', whatever that was!
"Lookie!" Atepa yelled. She was pointing to a simple shell with many hues of pale blue.
"What is it?" asked Yap, mystified.
"I don't know." said Atepa, picking her ear.
"Let's take it to Mali."
"No, Thee, I want to keep it."
"Teppi, no, what if it hurts you?"
"It's not gonna hurt me. It's my friend. My best friend!"
"But you just met it. Anyway, look, you made Yap sad."
"Oh, so sorry, Yap, my friend. I think I'll take Shelly to Mali, now. So sorry." Atepa picked it up and ran to Mali. He took it from Atepa and brought it over to the research table. From then on, Atepa was careful to hide every collection she found in the research hut, under her bed. She never noticed them disappearing(Thema made sure of that). Whenever she found a new one, she brought it to Mali. Thema used the copies for other things, although lala would sometimes take them and use them as jewelry. Atepa cried whenever she saw her 'friends' on Lala.
Lala had done her hair for that special occasion. with a littloe help from Hakea, Lala's long banana blond hair was tighlty placed in two flat buns by her ears. Lala liked it so much, she decided to keep it like that.
"Lala, for your 14th birthday, I would like to ask you, which job would you like to start with?" Hakea asked. Lala had been waiting for this.
"I would like to farm!" Lala said eagerly.
"Great! You can start after the celebrations!"
"The what?" Lala had expected to start right away.
The villagers danced and feasted from sunrise to sunhigh. As they were cleaning up later, Atepa itterupted.
"What are we called?" she asked.
"What do you mean, Tep?" Hakea asked.
"The tribe." Atepa said simply.
"I know." said Mali. "We are part of the West Tribe!"
"That's a wonderful name for the tribe! The West Tribe is perfect!" Hiji annouced.
So they now had a name: The West Tribe.

#166967 - 08/06/08 07:28 PM Re: The West Tribe Story [Re: Isolayan]
Expert

Chapter Three
It had been a year since Hakea and Hiji arrived. Thema was going to be 14 in a few days. Mali had taken some time to discover the healing powers the herbs around the island had. It had caused much celebration.
Also, Hakea had not only finished the small hut, but she also restored a damaged hut that was by the driftwood pile.
One day, Lala was about to go fishing. As she entered the water, something thick and heavy surrounded her leg. She looked what it was and saw a disgusting cloud of green.
"Eww, that is disgusting!" Lala scanned the water and saw a lot of these clouds. Hiji was about to get in, not minding the green clouds.
"Hiji, no! Don't you see these disgusting things?"
"It's okay, it's just algae."
"Well, I'm not fishing in it." Lala wrinkled her nose, as if the algae smelled (it didn't) and walked away to bathe in the pond for a good three hours.
Hiji was left5 confused. Should he fish? He dived in and try to find some fish, but it was fruitless. The algae clouded his vision and it took a lot of effort to swim in it.
"Hakea, we have a big problem. We can't fish."
"Shoot, that is a problem. I'll go tell Mali about this. He'll think of something."
"Hakea, wait-" Hiji said, but Hakea had already left. He watched her hair dance as she ran, and he felt funny. He shook it off (litarally) and went to see the vines.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mali worked hard to see what could he do. It has been Week Five of No Fishing, and food was running low fast. Finding a new food source was harder than he imagined. Mali couldn't wait for Thema to turn 14 so she can help him at the research table. Hakea felt bad for Mali, she knew how much he hated work.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A week later, Thema worked alongside Mali. Mali hasd yelled "Yes!" and punched the air, when she said she would like to research.
Hakea didn't work, along with Hiji and Lala, b ut she did took care of the two youngest ones of the tribe, Yap and Atepa. She enjoyed this a lot and wished for some of her own.
Thema and Mali approached Lala and Hiji that very same day.
"Come with us." they said. The little group walked from the pond to the coconut trees north of the beach.
"Hiji, climb this tree." Mali ordered. With ease, Hiji climbed the tree and ropped a coconut at Mali's feet.
"Brilliant, but the coconut trees won't last. We must go to Hakea." Thema said as Lala climbed the tree. Thema and Mali walked over to where Hakea was playing with the children. Mali noticed how wonderful it was to walk beside Thema.
"Hakea, we would like to ask you to start a building project by the smaller pond. We noticed the strange patch of soil over there might grow something, but it would need more water. Instead of carrying it there, we could just turn the stream's direction toward the soil. Do you think you could build a wall?" Thema asked.
"Sure. Let me just finish up this game." Hakea smiled.
"Perfect." Thema grinned, going back to the research table. Mali stood on the spot before going back to the research table. Hakea smiled again, for she understood what was going on.

#167213 - 08/08/08 03:35 PM Re: The West Tribe Story [Re: Isolayan]
Expert

Don't worry, twelve more chapters to go!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Four
The dam, as Hiji called it, was almost done. Yap, who had turned 14, offered to help on the dam along with Thema, who mastered science already. Hakea refused their offerings, but after many beggings, she gave in. Thema and Yap were able to help her on the dam.
The coconut trees were half full. Hiji and Lala were both adept. Lala had worked with Hiji for five years already, and Lala decided to take things up a notch.

"Hiji, we have worked together for five years. I want to ask you something. Important."
"What is it, Lala?" Hiji asked.
"Do you love me? As much as I do?"

In the morning, hakea was asked to preform the ceremony so that Lala and Hiji could marry.
So, a couple of weeks later, Lala Song was Lala Fire. Everyone celebrated.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just a couple of months later, Lala approached Hakea.
"Oh, Hakea, I feel very sick. My back aches and I feel like vomiting."
Hakea stopped what she was doing and thought for a moment. She bit her lip and took a deep breath.
"You could be pregnant, Lala."
"What!> No way! I'm just 19!"
"You're also married, what else could it be?"
"I guess you're right. I better go tell Hiji." Se left without another word.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Months later, Hakea presented Lala her newborn child. Lala and Hiji beamed at the sight of him.
"What's its name?" Hakea asked. Lala thought a bit.
"Tamil. Tamil Fire." Lala simply said. A shcck of flaming red hair could be seen from the golden blanket*. This was odd to Hakea because neither Hiji nor Lala had red hair.
Hakea sighed and went outside. Atepa, at 11, was the only child for Hakea to care for. With the dam finished, Hakea went to the research table.
"Mali, would you care to show me how to research?"
"Of course, Hakea." Mali said with a smile. Yap also worked with them, along with Thema. Hiji continued to farm, although for the first time alone.

Edited by Rockmower (08/08/08 05:02 PM)

#167459 - 08/10/08 06:26 PM Re: The West Tribe Story [Re: Isolayan]
Expert

Chapter Five
Everything was going well. It's been two years and Lala can work with Hiji in the vegetable garden. Hiji had expertly build a scarecrow. Atepa had voluntarily given her mask that Yap made for her to the scarecrow.
One day, Thema came crying to9 Hakea.
"What happened, Thee?" Hakea asked, dropping her research tools.
"I don't know what to do!" She sobbed.
"About what? Come on, Thee, tell me." Hakea urged.
Thema took a moment to stop crying.
"Oh, Hakea, Mali told me he loved me. And then he proposed. I don't love him and I don't want to get married!" Thema explained.
Hakea thought a bit. She felt really bad for Thee.
"Thee, either you marry him, stay alone. Both have their up's and down's."
"Mali isn't a bad person after all, Thee. Your choice."
Thema thought for the rest of the day.

The next day, Thema and Mali talked to Hakea. The next month, Thema Heart was Thema Water.

Edited by Rockmower (08/10/08 09:16 PM)

#167697 - 08/12/08 05:36 PM Re: The West Tribe Story [Re: Isolayan]
Expert

Okay, this is a short chapter, sweet and simple. Here goes: *gulp*
Chapter Six
A couple of weeks later, Thema went to Hakea again, but this time her face was lit with happiness.
"Hakea, I think I'm....pregnant!"
"Oh, Thee, that's wonderful! Have you told Mali yet?"
"No no, I just discovered this a few minutes ago. I'm telling him, and the rest of the tribe, tonight. I just wanted to tell you first."
"Why me? Why not your husband?"
"Because, hakea, you even more important."
~~~~~~~~~~
That night, the tribe rejoiced for Thema. Lala was not happy, though. Sher congratulated her, then sat down, frowning. If Thema could love Mali, just as he loved her, why didn't Hiji love her? Hiji and Lala were not as close as Lala hoped they be, but it was too late now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Months later, Thema held her baby boy. Mali was beaming uncontrolably, looking at his son's black little head.
"The only time he will have your hair, Mali, is when he is over 50!" Thema laughed.
"What'll be his name, Thee?" Hakea asked eagerly. Thema bit her bottom lip and thought a bit.
"Hokou Water, after you, Hakea." Thee finally said. Now it was Hakea's turn to beam.
"I'm honored." she said, crying a little bit.
"My my, I think I'm a granny." They all laughed, and this moment truly touched Hakea's heart.

#168478 - 08/17/08 08:09 PM Re: The West Tribe Story [Re: Isolayan]
Expert

I'll put two chapters here to get things done quicker. \:\)
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Seven
Hokou now ran along with Tamil, as fast as his little two year old legs could take him. Tamil and Hokou were different, and not because Tamil had bright red hair and Hokou had black hair. Tamil liked to be loud and rough, and he was sometimes a bit lazy. Hokou, on the other hand, was quiet and respectful, generous and charming. He would spent days by the resarch table, looking and reading some of the files recorded.

Some weeks later, Hakea noticed that Thema and Mali were very distant lately. She felt a lump in her throat. Hakea felt this was her fault, and the guilt-ridden Hakea walked over to Thema, who was wading by the pond.
"Thema, I need to talk to you." Hakea said nervously, the lump in her throat growing.
"Sure, Hakea. What's it about? Let me guess, is it because of Mali and me?"
"How did you know?"
"I also suspect that you are worried about my happiness. Aren't you?"
"Well, yes, Thee, I am. How are you doing?"
"Me? I'm perfectly fine. I got a handsome little boy, and a nice husband. What's worrying you?"
"I guess it's because I don't see you and Mali talk a lot, so I though-"
"I was unhappy. No. Mali and I made a deal to tell our day at night, so we could always talk more. You know, I've grown to love the guy."
"Well, I'm happy for you, Thee. Hugs?"
"Hugs."
The two friends hugged and m arched off to help the tribe survive.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Eight; Part One
Atepa was now 15, and with a year's experience with research, she discovered it was time to clear the thorny plants to the north. Yap, Mali, Hiji, and Hakea worked with sweat in their skin and love in their hearts to clear the rough and tough (and also spiky) plants away.
Atepa took her daily break, which was conveniently at the same time as Yap's. They sat at the pond. "Just wait, Tap. Just three more-"
"years. Three very long years. Why not now?"
"You know why." Atepa said with a smile.
"At least this is allowed, I think." He bent forward and kissed young Atepa's forehead.

She got up, rather dizzy, tripped and fell into the pond, as deep as the jungle. "'Tepa!" Yap yelled as he jumped in after her. Atepa was dropping quickly, mostly because she liked to wear jewelry, big and heavy stones painted in many ways. Yap swam quickly, but his lack of swim made him clumsy, but his strong building muscles moved him a bit faster every second.
He grabbed Atepa around her small waist and hoisted her up to surface.

"We have to help her! Now!" yap yelled. He was shaking with cold and with fear. "Relax, Yap. Let's take her to the re-"
"No! We have to help her now!" Yap's eyes were watering. No, he couldn't cry right now, Atepa needed him.
"*Cough*"

Yap looked up and saw Atepa spitting out the water. Yap grinned and picked her up. "Oh, 'Tep', I'm so happy! I love you! I love you!"

"Stop, Yap, stop!" laughed Atepa.

Edited by Rockmower (08/18/08 02:57 AM)

#169514 - 08/27/08 12:15 AM Re: The West Tribe Story [Re: Isolayan]
Expert

Chapter Eight; Part Two

Three year passed and Atepa and Yap were happily married. Soon, Atepa held a little boy in her arms, eager to be named and run in the sun.
Meanwhile, Lala was annoyed that most of the attetion was going to Atepa. Ready to take the spotlight back, she prepared he annoucement for dinner.
At dinner, most of them were tired. They had discovered a metal piece. The builders now worked at the research table, researching until something came up.
Lala coughed for attention.
"Gesundhuit." one of the villagers responded.
"I have an annoucement."
"What is it?" another said, mouth stuffed with food.
"I'm going to have another child."
"Congratulations." called weary voices. lala frowned, knowing this was hopeless.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hakea cleaned the wailing baby. Giving it a gentle kiss, she hannded her over to lala.
"Ugh. Look at this ugly thing." Hakea, who could never find anything ugly, gasped. True, the baby was dark skinned, tue that the red hair didn't match, and true she didn't look anything like her beautiful mother ofr her handosme father, but false to call her ugly.
"Bindi." Lala said, wrinkling her nose. Hakea gasped again, for lala had not given Bindi her last name.
Hiji entered the hut. He grinnd at the sight of another red haired child.
"What's her name?"
"Bindi." Lala said again.
"Oh." Hiji answered, trying not to ask why Bindi didn't carry 'Fire' in her name, but held his tongue, picturing Lala in her wrath. He had experianced many of Lala's anger, 'tantrums' as she called it.
Hakea had left the hut when Hiji entered. She ran to the diving rock and fell to her knees.
"Guiding Hand, show Lala how wroung she is with her daughter! Help Bindi grow up strong and wise, even without her mother." hakea pleaded. A wind blew and swirled around her, which Hakea took for as a good sign.

#169985 - 08/30/08 07:50 PM Re: The West Tribe Story [Re: Isolayan]
Expert

Chapter Nine

Atepa got hold of her new son. He was big and chunky, with black hair. Hakea left the hut for a moment, coming back with Yap and their first son, Chip.
"Look at him. What should he be named?" Atepa asked, thinking.
"I like Kuruk. Kuruk Land."
"That's sounds too tough for my little man."
"Well, your little man will be a big strong man."
'"Fine, he'll be Kuruk Land."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Outside, Bindi was playing with Hokou. The two had grown close since their parents hadn't much time for them. Bindi was a feee spirit, running around, while quiet Hokou followed her ready to laugh at whatever she did. Hakea was glad that Binidi found such a good friend in Hokou.
Meanwhile, Bindi's older brother, Tamil, worked at the research table. He almost never talked, and when he did, nobody listened. Tamil was in his own world, his mother Lala doting at him like he was still two years old, and not alomst eightteen.
Thema and Mali were the talkitive ones of the tribe. Everyday, at lunch, they would invent stories.
Hakea worked in the research table. A few others were building something. Hakea went over a few times to help. It was a totem pole. They were building it for Yap, who mastered science, farming, and building.
One day, Hakea sat with Bindi at the diving rock. Hakea was taking her daily break and Bindi was free at the moment, like she always was. Hakea decided to tell BIndi something she had never told anyone.
"Bindi, when I was much younger, before I came here with your father, I was very good friends with him. And I grew to love him with all my heart. He, being adventureous, went to explore a cave that the Golden Child discovered.
"I came with him, fearing I would never see him again. He went too far, slipped and fell. I wentr after him, not caring.
"He met your mother. The two fished. Lala loved him and went to him one day. The next day, the two were married. It broke my heart, but I learned we were not to be.
"I still wanted lots of children. For some time, I was a mother to Thema, Yap, and 'Tepa. I've raised their children. And I have raised you, Bindi. You still are the child I never had, or will have."
"Don't say that, Hake'."
"I'm too old. 51, it's too late."
"A miracle could happen."
"There's no miracle to stop aging."
"Then I'll have a million kids! Just for you!"
"I don't think I'll live long enough to see them."
"It doesn't matter! I'll have many beautiful children! I'll never neglect any of them! For you, Hakea."
"I'll even raise my children's children!"
Hakea had tears in her eyes as she hugged little Bindi. Little Binidi, whose mother forgot about her, little Bindi who was raised by an old woman, little Bindi made this promise. Hakea could hardly believe her, but inside, a little bit of hope told her to believe.

Edited by Rockmower (09/18/08 05:25 AM)

#170194 - 09/01/08 04:34 PM Re: The West Tribe Story [Re: Isolayan]
Expert

Chapter Ten

Hakea sorted the tools out, polishing again and again. The sun was high, and she was waiting for her break. Suddenly, she felt a presence beside her. She turned around to see young Tamil. His brown eyes were scared, or love struck, Hakea wasn't sure.
"Hakea, could yolu come with me?"
"Sure, Tamil. Let me just put these away, okay?"
"Sure. I'll be waiting by the coconut trees." He turned to leave, but not without a big sigh.
Hakea put the tools in the research hut, pondering as long as she could to think why Tamil would want to talk to her.
Hakea gulped and walked to the coconut trees, where Tamil was pacing.
"Um, you wanted to talk to me, tamil?"
"Yes, yes I do. I love you Hakea and I want to marry you!"
Hakea froze. How could Tamil love her? She thought of his father, Hiji, the man she used to love. No, she had given up love a long time ago. It was time to be alone. Plus, she devoted her time to work and Bindi.
"I'm sorry Tamil. I'm 54. I'm not interested, but I wish you good luck. Hope you find someone to your liking." Hakea turn to leave, her heart in her throat.
She went back to the research table, where Bindi was working.

By the pond, Atepa and Yap were playing a game.
"I can't believe you can't guess." She laughed. She pretended tpo hold something and rocked it back and forth.
"Are you seasick?"
"I'll give you one more chance."
"Um, you need a masssage?"
"Ugh! Yap, I'm, pregnant!"
"Oh. What?! You are!Yes! That's wonderful!" He kissed her then stood to tell everyone else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter