Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1666 - 11/21/04 07:29 PM Beam fish capability for the pocket pc please!
Anonymous
Unregistered

This would be awesome! All my friends would buy this! (after I convinced them how much fun it would be!)

I believe the Palm version already has this? Please let us Pocket PC users have this feature Too!

Thanks for such a great game!

Tully

#1667 - 11/24/04 07:26 PM Re: Beam fish capability for the pocket pc please!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I guess this was not worthy of an answer, and truth be told, my interest is already waning, and I still have one magis fish to find...

Fun while it lasted, but I'm thinking it was a bit lacking for 19.99 it would have been nice to see this updated with at least some of the wonderful idea's presented to the developers... At the very least, to have the same features as the Palm version would have been nice!

Tully

#1668 - 11/25/04 06:29 AM Re: Beam fish capability for the pocket pc please!
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
We do want to update it, Tully, and we appreciate the suggestions very much. In fact we base most of our game ideas on the suggestions of our customers!

The problem is always: do we spend our time adding features to Fish Tycoon, or do we work on a new game. We even did a poll, and the result showed clearly that people would like to see new games, so that's what we're trying to focus on.

Arthur

#1669 - 11/26/04 11:31 AM Re: Beam fish capability for the pocket pc please!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, I see!
How stupid of me to think an update to a game, that a purchaser already bought, should take the forefront to making more money...

Before I get ba hed here, all's I wanted was the same capabilities the Palm version of Fish Tycoon has... (other "suggested" features can certainly warrant a new game)

Does this mean you do not intend to update Fish Tycoon at all? (Or your going to release new games before even entertaining an update?)

I think thats a big mistake, you have a great game here, but it could use a few tweaks, and certainly deserves to Be brought up to speed with the Palm version!

Oh well, good luck with your future releases, I'm sure more games will make the people that desired updates to your current ones, less concerned about their feature/update requests...

#1670 - 11/26/04 12:28 PM Re: Beam fish capability for the pocket pc please!
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
A couple of weeks ago, Arthur wrote:
Quote:

We just released Fish Tycoon for Pocket PC. We will do a bugfix/minor update to that in the near future.

If you had searched the forums, you would have seen the post that I quoted, as well as several others that mention Arthur's upcoming plans.

As one of the beta testers I have been working hard to help him make sure that the fix release is a good one. Although he doesn't share his development plans with me, I believe he is also adding some new function in that release. I don't know how much work it would take to add the beaming function, but I DO know that Arthur and his team have been very responsive to the people that play LDW's games - a lot more responsive than the developers of many of the games that I play.

#1671 - 11/26/04 01:26 PM Re: Beam fish capability for the pocket pc please!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I Have read through ALL the posts on Fish Tycoon on this forum...

I have seen that post, as well as others asking for an UPDATE rather than NEW GAMES as Arthur suggested was the overall consensus. His answer to me gave the impression this was not important, and I should just wait for a new game to be released by them, rather then dwelling on features I felt important to his current release.

And just to clarify, I felt my post went unnoticed, as after I had posted it, Arthur had stopped by the forum, and answered other posts, but chose to ignore mine, which was clearly a new post, that should have been addressed, if they are as resposive as you say! (It wasn't buried in a previous thread...)

I don't mean to sound demanding, but my experience here on the forum, after purchasing the game, has been less than desirable, and please don't tell me to register for better response, as I chose not to for very good reasons, and if that is a requirment to actually merit a response, than I will happily focus my purchases elswhere.

I really don't feel Arthur gave me an answer that compels me to believe that we will see an update anytime soon for Fish Tycoon PPC. (The "near future" reference for an update, is vague at best, and other new features that people wanted to see may warrant a new game to be developed, but I merely wanted to see the PPC version brought up to speed with the Palm version.)

Sorry to ruffle your feathers, but the responses by you show a bit of bias, and Arthur's responses to me show a lack of support to a customer that has already spent money on his game... (I'm not asking for a new game, with a batch of new features, I'm asking for a feature already present, albiet on another platform.)

I'll back off, as I can feel the flames starting to build, and all's I asked for originally was the beam fish feature...

#1672 - 11/26/04 03:51 PM Re: Beam fish capability for the pocket pc please!
Unicorn

There were no flames intended in my reply. I was honestly trying to be helpful. I think it would be very cool to be able to beam fish, and I don't disagree that it is reasonable to expect Fish Tycoon to have the same features on both platforms. I also, having spent almost 40 years in the computer industry, understand that a company can't accommodate every request and still make a living.

You seem to have some good ideas to share. It would be great to have you participating in the forums. I hope you won't let one little misunderstanding drive you away. We all want our posts responded to, but that doesn't always happen. It's just part of life on the forums. Maybe Thanksgiving week wasn't a good time to expect a quick reply?

#1673 - 11/26/04 08:30 PM Re: Beam fish capability for the pocket pc please!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Barbara, and I am sorry for any misunderstandings on my end as well.

I may register, just not a lot of time myself lately, and maybe I should cut slack as others may be just as busy. (and yes this is a bad week for getting back to people)

Sorry to Arthur as well, I understand your trying to accomadate everyone, but can you give a hint at the possibility of an update, knowing that giving a timeframe may be impossible, but as much of a clue as possible would be greatly appreciated!

Again my apologies, and sorry to disrupt this forum!

#1674 - 11/26/04 08:51 PM Re: Beam fish capability for the pocket pc please!
Unicorn

I think you'd enjoy the advantages of registering. Once you've registered, you can do full forum searches, send private messages to other users, and use other features available only to registered users. As for guarding your privacy, you can register and still stay as anonymous as you like (except for your "screen name"). I let my dog be my public "face" in the forum!! She's almost 13 years old, and still just as cute as ever!

Edited by ladycfii (11/26/04 08:54 PM)

#1675 - 11/28/04 10:41 AM Re: Beam fish capability for the pocket pc please!
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
I appreciate what you are saying, and I don't mean to seem like I have ignored any posts--I read every single one.

I also would like very much to add fish beaming to the game, and I intend to do so. It is simply a lack of mastery of the IR and other communication processes on my part that are delaying this, but it is something we will have to tackle for this and also future games on the Pocket PC side.

Now when I say 'near future' you should understand that I have learned a lesson the hard way about giving specific timeframes on projects. It seems like everytime I do, something forces the date to slip...almost Murphy's Law. This is probably why software companies are always so vague about dates, and so many projects seem to 'slip'.

We have several 'pans on the fire' right now. One of my priorities is getting a fix update out for Fish Tycoon on PPC because, while the beta phase was very sufficient, there are some troubling flaws in the current release.

Aside from this we are working on a new project, moving into a new office, dealing with the very busy Christmas season, and trying to grow as we are woefully (but happily) overworked.

You never have to register here if you don't want...your posts matter all the same. If you ever want to yell at us, or me, jump right up and do so.

Arthur

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter