Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 320 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#166166 - 07/30/08 10:25 PM Re: Fan Fiction is open again [Re: kittenangel2001]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Originally Posted By: kittenangel2001
Rockmower I know my stories were old and it is ok if they get deleted, I tried to follow the guidlines as closely as possible but that is life! All I know is that my syories are safe on my puter.

Just a suggestion: I did them in microsoft word professional so that they could be easily edited.

First, let me explain (as LadyCFII has done previously) that we aren't deleting the old stories. Those that aren't approved, will simply remain in the archives out of site of the general membership.
Second, I'm delighted to hear that you have your stories safe in a word processing utility! This is the way I highly suggest all authors do their stories.
I say this for two reasons: A) If you have it on your computer you can rework it as I've explained over and over. B) Just because it's not suitable for this forum, doesn't mean it's a bad story! There are a number of VV fan sites out there, and I'm sure many of them (including some ran by members of this forum) would be delighted to have them. You would, of course, have to follow the guidelines of those sites, but I know many of them allow stuff that LDW can't because they have to protect their E for Everyone rating.

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#166168 - 07/30/08 10:42 PM Re: Fan Fiction is open again [Re: Rockmower]
SpecialPrincess Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: the Midwest, USA
Oooh, I have a suggestion! How about for old stories that have been ended, there be a story archive viewable by forums. By ended, I mean that the authors no longer write in those story threads. That way if people want to read something that is no longer being written, it will be easier to find. \:D

#166233 - 07/31/08 12:53 PM Re: Fan Fiction is open again [Re: SpecialPrincess]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
It's a good idea, Sp! \:\)
And also, it would be nice and more easy for us if there is a different forum in the "Off-Topic Discussions" (or in the "Fan Fictions") for the fan-fictions comments.
When the moderators' job will be finished, in the "Off-Topic Discussions", it will be impossible to find the right threads, I think! \:\?

#166265 - 07/31/08 03:24 PM Re: Fan Fiction is open again [Re: laurence]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks

Originally Posted By: SpecialPrincess
Oooh, I have a suggestion! How about for old stories that have been ended, there be a story archive viewable by forums. By ended, I mean that the authors no longer write in those story threads. That way if people want to read something that is no longer being written, it will be easier to find. \:D
Originally Posted By: laurence
It's a good idea, Sp! \:\)
And also, it would be nice and more easy for us if there is a different forum in the "Off-Topic Discussions" (or in the "Fan Fictions") for the fan-fictions comments.
When the moderators' job will be finished, in the "Off-Topic Discussions", it will be impossible to find the right threads, I think! \:\?

We haven't considered a viewable archive (like the one in Off Topics) for this forum, but may look at it after we're done with the process of setting up this forum. That will still take several days, if not weeks. You guys were busy posting in the old forum!

Laurence, while I agree that it may be difficult to locate comments by going directly to Off Topics, it should be a fairly simple process to comment and read comments by clicking in the cross link in each story. Each story will be required to have one, and most of the comments will have cross links back to the story as well.

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#166267 - 07/31/08 03:41 PM Re: Fan Fiction is open again [Re: Rockmower]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
As Rockmower has said, we're busy right now just trying to clean up and restore the stories. I may very well end up making sub-forums for fan fiction comments and/or story archives, but a lot will depend upon how we decide to maintain fan fiction. We may end up saving the best examples of fan fiction in an archive forum and pruning older stories. All of this will be announced and carefully planned before we do anything, so don't panic! \:D

#166281 - 07/31/08 05:28 PM Re: Fan Fiction is open again [Re: LadyCFII]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

I don't panic, Barbara. \:\) I just thought there is a difference between the Fan-Fiction comments and the Off-Topic discussions.
It's the Off-Topic discussions that will be hard to find among all the Fan-Fiction comments!! \:D

#166343 - 08/01/08 12:47 AM Re: Fan Fiction is open again [Re: laurence]
Tuna Puzzler Offline
Consigliere

Loc: CA, USA
Yeah, the Off-Topic forum is a bit of a mess....

#166361 - 08/01/08 02:17 AM Re: Fan Fiction is open again [Re: Tuna Puzzler]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
I just finished created a comments sub-forum and moving all of the fan fiction comments there. I think everyone will like that better. \:\)

#166395 - 08/01/08 11:10 AM Re: Fan Fiction is open again [Re: LadyCFII]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Yeah!! Thanks a lot, Barbara!!

#166790 - 08/05/08 01:23 AM Re: Fan Fiction is open again [Re: laurence]
tkdgrl223 Offline
Master

When or if our story gets put back in will the author be notified? I've been looking for my story and it would make it easier if authors where sent a PM. A PM would be nice to know if your story was flawed and needed fixed before it could stay.

I did write my story on paper and then typed it so I can fix it easily

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter