Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 216 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#165827 - 07/29/08 01:12 AM Fan Fiction is open again
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
You will notice that it's kind of empty right now, but we are going to work as fast as we can to put back all of the stories that we can. We want to make them all consistent with the new procedures, so it won't be done in a few days (or possibly a few weeks), but none of the stories are lost and we will start with recent stories and work our way back.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We think this is going to be a big improvement for everyone.

#165891 - 07/29/08 02:53 PM Re: Fan Fiction is open again [Re: LadyCFII]
Happy Birthday Isolayan Offline
Expert

Loc: On the computer!
YAY! I thought I was going to go nuts without the stories \:D

#165900 - 07/29/08 04:57 PM Re: Fan Fiction is open again [Re: Isolayan]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
8\) I was missing it!! \:D

#165902 - 07/29/08 04:59 PM Re: Fan Fiction is open again [Re: Isolayan]
williamani Offline
Consigliere

Loc: I am now here.
Yay! at last! if it lasted longer i would have been waiting forever..... but at last.

Edited by williamani (07/29/08 08:22 PM)

#165997 - 07/29/08 11:18 PM Re: Fan Fiction is open again [Re: williamani]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Northwest, England
Yes I was missing some of the stories, so I got on with other projects while I'm waiting, which is a good thing \:\)

#165999 - 07/29/08 11:22 PM Re: Fan Fiction is open again [Re: williamani]
Becca123 Offline
Guru

Loc: In a happy place =D
YAY!! So does that mean I can continue my new story?

#166020 - 07/30/08 12:44 AM Re: Fan Fiction is open again [Re: Becca123]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
As soon as stories are moved back here, you can continue to post new chapters to them. You are also free to start new stories. All new posts will be placed in an approval queue and will not appear here until they have been reviewed and approved. Any post that doesn't fit the guidelines will not be approved and will not show up in this forum.

Rockmower and I will work as quickly as possible to restore the existing fan fiction stories to this forum. Keep in mind that the reason they are all "missing" right now is that many of them violated our fan fiction guidelines in some way, and we moved everything to a private area for review. Only stories that are E-for-Everyone will be moved back into this forum.

#166086 - 07/30/08 12:35 PM Re: Fan Fiction is open again [Re: LadyCFII]
williamani Offline
Consigliere

Loc: I am now here.
okay, i have an question. i neither know what story i made is E for everyone or 10+, but i do know that i wanted to make the storys. sorry if some of my storys are not E for everyone but i did want some storys to return. the island of refugees is okay, it may be deleted, and the diary of Sunny Wind can also be deleted, i am going to do it all over again because there was only the preface and chapter 1. that leaves The story of manli alone, so hopefully that will be re-added.

#166122 - 07/30/08 05:25 PM Re: Fan Fiction is open again [Re: williamani]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
You can find the guidelines here.

A big tip for all authors! I really really really suggest you write your stories in a utility like "word" or wordpad. By doing this, you will have a copy of the story you can work with.

Then, when you submit a story for review, If it needs changes, I will send you a pm telling you whats wrong with it. This way you will have a chance to correct and resubmit your story without having to do a total rewrite (at least in most cases).

The vast majority of stories are rejected because of a few lines and sometimes even a single phrase in the story. Very few are rejected because the whole story is flawed.

By following this process, I think we will all be happier in the end. You save work, and I get a chance to help you be better authors! \:D

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#166137 - 07/30/08 07:32 PM Re: Fan Fiction is open again [Re: Rockmower]
kittenangel2001 Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania
Rockmower I know my stories were old and it is ok if they get deleted, I tried to follow the guidlines as closely as possible but that is life! All I know is that my syories are safe on my puter.

Just a suggestion: I did them in microsoft word professional so that they could be easily edited.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter