Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#165636 - 07/27/08 05:07 PM In search of the Island of Peals
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Northwest, England
Ater I got this event I thought I make this story where the village might have gone laugh I hope you like it.

In search of the Island of Peals

The Event

Kai who was age 17 was looking for something in the school when she noticed a book covered thick dust and cobwebs. She took the book off the shelf and dusted it off and the title read The Island of Peals. Kai sat at one of the desk and read the first few lines and found she could not put it down. The information in the book told her about the hidden secrets of Isola, and it contained a map, she was so fascinated by what she read that Kai decided to find this path and explore. Kai found the hidden path that had never been noticed before and decided to walk along and see where it led to. She was never seen again by her fellow villagers.

Sef was the first to notice that Kai had gone missing and told the other villagers and the searched for her all over the village. In the end the villagers of the south shore had to report her as a missing person.

On the Pathway

Kai carried on following the pathway and the book she had was tucked away within her clothing. After Kai had walked a few miles she was getting tired and needed a rest, so she gathered some moss to sleep on, the book had warned her about wild animals and it also had instructions how to make a fire. So kai followed the instructions, first she gathered some driftwood that was good for a fire and then she found some dry grass, then she collected some rocks and put them in a circle and laid the firewood and dry grass, then lit the fire. Kai felt worm for the first time and the crackle of the fire and the heat made Kai very sleepy and soon she was fast asleep.

Several hours later, Kai was suddenly awakened by a noise in the bushes, Kai stayed very still and listened and all of a sudden she heard a twig crack and then she give a sudden scream when she saw... shocked

To be continued
===============================================================
2 The Stranger

Kai saw a bush move as if it was moving on it's own then eek a bold headed man with hair round the head like a halo suddenly appeared from the bushes and also give a startled cry as he turned and saw a female no more than 17 staring at him and screaming, then Kai calmed down when she saw it was only an old man, that looked like someone's granddad.
Kai asked him, who are you and you give me such a fright creeping on me like that?'
'Look lass I did not expect any one in this part of the woods and I'm sorry I scared you. My name is Kilu and I come from the North Shore of Isola and where have you sprung from, I never seen you in these parts. He said
'Nor have I seen you and I'm Kai by the way'. Kai replied. I came from the South Shore.
'The south shore you have travelled quite away'. Kilu replied in surprise.
Kai was not sure that she could trust this stranger and to explain about the book and the map that got her so far, but decided against it and said, 'I'm a traveller and know my way round these parts.'
'Really' replied Kilu, yet you only look about 16 or 17 to be a well seasoned traveller!'
Kai had to think of something up and had an idea and said my parents travelled a lot and I think I got the same travel instant as my parents. Kai felt guilty having to lie to him but decided that it was best way to stop the awkward questions been asked. She instantly checked that her book was will hidden.
Kilu was realising that Kai was hiding something, but did not pursue it as he did not want to scare her away and he knew that she did not trust him, so he decided to try and win her trust and may she will let him on in her secret. 'I see you have made a lovely warm fire and that's a good idea with wild animals in the woods.

'Are you hungry?' Kilu asked.
Kai realising she was starving not eaten since she left the South Shore Yes I'm starving.'
I know where I can get some berries and he took her where some berries were growing and Kilu and Kai forage the berries on the bush and ate them. Kai felt better after she ate the berries but the berries were not enough to take the hunger completely away and thought that it would have to do until they come across another source of food. Then Kilu showed her to a stream where she could drink some water which she gratefully drank. After Kai quenched her thirst her eyes began to go fuzzy and everything want black. sick

To be continued
I was abe to write this chapter today as it is my day off

3 Missing book shocked

When she came round and she checked the book it was gone and so was Kilu. She just sat on the ground and cried,cry and realise that it must have been Kilu that must have put something in the berries and when she passed out stole the book. How could I have been so stupid, trusting a stranger? mad Kai realised there was nothing else she could do but to try and find her way back to civilisation and continued up the path.

Kilu

Kilu felt guilty for what he did to Kai but he wanted to know what she was hiding and he give her the sleepy berries and then he whispered in her ear as she was sleeping to reveal what she was hiding and was surprised to find she was hiding a book called the Island of Peals, Kilu realised how Kai found her way here and was so secretive. Kilu wanted to go back to her, but was afraid to as he knew he will have lost his trust. Even though Kilu looked old he (the reason will be explained why later) was only 16 a year younger than Kai. Kilu had run away from his tribe because his fellow villagers teased him about his boldness and the white hair around his head like a halo and kept telling him that he was evil. Kilu got fed up with all the teasing and one day he runaway and that when he met Kai and thought she was very cute with her curly black hair and two red flowers she wore in her hair. It was a pity their meeting did not get a very good start.

Kilu went to a secluded spot and read the book and he too was surprised of what he read and realised the truth why Kai had hidden the book from him. He decided to go in search of the Island of Peals. He discovered he did not have the map, it had been removed from the book, and there was only one thing to do to go back to Kai and tell her he was sorry what he had done. Maybe she might hand over the map. Kilu knew that wouldn't be likely and have to think of away to retrieve it. Kilu knew that the sleepy berries would not work again, so he would have to think of another scheme to get it.

Kai

Kai was glad that she had removed the map from the book, but she had to get the book back, but she needed a plan as she knew that Kilu would not give it back to her. She too knew that since Kilu knew about the sleepy berries they would not work, and so she had to think of another scheme to get the book back. However she had to find him first, luckily Kai had observational skills and could follow Kilu's trail and noticed that he had wondered off the path and began to follow the trail.

To be continued
4 Missing peace

Kilu decided before going back to try getting the map off Kai, first he had to find a place to hide the book and he went off the path and he noticed a broken down hut in need of repair. Kilu had the urge to fix it as he was an Adept builder, but he had no time for that as Kilu had more urgent business to see to. Then he thought of an idea was to hide the book in the broken down hut. He went into the hut and found that it needed a good clean, he dusted off a table in the middle of the room and sat down to read the rest of the book and at the back of the book inside the cover he noticed some hand writing and it said, that there was another peace of the map that had been buried in a tin box and a illustration of a map and a x that covered the spot. Kilu realised that Kai only had the first part of the map that lead her here and soon discover part of the map was missing.

Kai followed Kilu's trail that led to the broken down hut and she sneaked up to the hut and looked though a broken window and saw Kilu sat at the table reading the book. When he started to get up, she quickly ducked and then cautiously moved to the side of the window and looked though the window at a angle where he would not see her. Kai found the perfect position where she was as she had a good view of Kilu and where he was hiding the book and saw him put the book behind a panel he moved from the wall. All she had to do was sit and wait until he leaves and retrieve the book from behind the panel.

While she waited for him to leave the hut in a well hidden place, decided to study the map and this is when she found part of the map was missing. Kai had to get the book back now to find out where the missing part was also she noticed that there must be another 3 parts of the map as it was torn neatly on two sides noticing the part she had was a large corner of the map and 3 of the other parts where hidden and she realised that the next part of the map was hidden in these parts.

Kai heard Kilu leave the hut and waited till he was out of site and went into the hut and straight to the place where Kilu had hidden it and got a shock that it wasn't where he put it shocked

To be continued
5 Betrayer

Kai went to the place where she thought Kilu had hidden the book and was surprised that it wasn't there. She rooted a bit deeper behind the partition behind the panel, as she was searching for the book, she heard someone say, 'Is this what you're looking for?
Kai turned quickly and saw Kilu holding the book out. Kai instantly made a grab for it, Kilu snatched it away saying, 'I will give you the book if you hand over the map!!!'
Kai knew that the map was no use without the other parts as it already saved the purpose for her journey here, but at the same time, she knew this man had betrayed her and she was wary about him, 'How do I know that you will hand it over? You fooled me once before.'
Look Kai, I know you don't trust me and remember you lied to me!!!' Kilu trying to make a point.
'I was not sure I could trust you and you proved me right,' Kai said matter of fact way.
Kilu replied in a irate voice, Alright I'm sorry, but I had to find out what you where hiding as you were giving away slight hints' I am an expart of body langauge.
'But why did you betray me, when I was getting to know you and then you played a dirty trick, and I don't think I can trust you'. Kai replied also in that irate voice.
Kilu replied trying to calm down the heated situation 'Yes I admit I hurt you and since we started on the wrong foot, could we call it a truce and start again'. And quickly added; 'Besides you do need my help and you are good at observation.
'Yes and you good at reading peoples minds'.
'Will I have to keep my eyes on people in my village as every body disliked me and so I run away!!!' Kilu was realising he was giving away his inner self to her and wondered why.
Kai was looking at Kilu for the first time and noticed that his eyes betrayed his looks, even though he had a face and hair of an older man, the eyes she looked into were those of a young male of her age. Kai wondered why there was a difference, then she thought that many strange things happen on this Island that effect peoples in different ways, some good and some bad.
Kilu noticed that Kilu was staring at him blush and quickly turned away saying, 'Right now that's sorted shell we do the businesses.
'Yea of course'. Kai said realising she was staring at him and also averted away. blush

Kai and Kilu discussed their plans and since they decided to work together, needing each others skills. Kai after studying the hand drawn map at the back of the book, she could make out that the X that was drawn on the map was marked the place that indicated the tin box was buried under the sleepy berry bush.

Kai and Kilu went digging under the bush and it took them a while until one of them hit something metallic, and then Kilu retrieved the metal box that contained the missing part of the map. When Kilu tried to open it found it locked and no key to be found.
'How are we going to get it open, as it too strong to break into it?, Kai said confused
We'll have to find the key and I don't see any clue where it could be. Kilu replied confused

Another puzzle to be solved by Kai and Kilu, will they find the key?

To be continued
6 Where Is the Key? confused

Kai realised how she could find the key and said to Kilu that there might be a clue hidden in the script in the book. So Kai and Kilu went back to the old hut and studied the book and after searching though the script, found nothing at first that might hold the answer to where it might be. Then Kilu read out something and it said,
To find what you're looking for its right under your nose like a rhyme and is where there is a garden where it grows.
'That must be the clue where the key is!!! Kai explained.
'Yes but I don't understand' said Kilu confused
Kai said very excitedly, 'it rhymes with nose and you know what you do with your nose?'
'Smell things!!!' Kilu answered still confused wondering what the key to do with a nose.
'Exactly and it read where there is a garden it grows'.
'OOH YES' Kilu suddenly realising what it was, 'A rose'.
'Yes a garden is where roses grow'. Kai said.
Kilu said 'I know where there are roses that are growing and they growing by the cliff in the orchard at the North Shore, but I can't go back there, no one likes me.
'Kilu we got to get the key and if this means you got to face your fears, then I will go on my own, but I rather you came with me as I went someone who knows these parts and there is no one better than you!!!'
Kilu said, 'I'm not sure about this maybe this is a bad idea!!!'
Okay I understand after all they must have been awfully mean to you, as you were so keen to search for the Island of Peals. But I have come so far and I am not giving up and with that Kai ran off and left him standing. confused shocked mad

As she widened the distance of Kilu, Kai was hoping he would change his mind and felt awful for leaving him there. frown Kai looked back and noticed he was gone. She thought right I'm on my own now shocked when suddenly she heard Kilu calling laugh 'Wait for me I'm coming with you, you will never get there on your own.'
Kai turned round relieved but said, 'What about your enemies that taunt you.'
'I got you and besides they be really jealous when they see I got you for a friend and how about a kiss.'
'Don't push your luck,' Kai said. And thank you for changing your mind not many will face their fears. I mean it' smile

Will Kilu back out at the last minute when he reach the north shore or face his fears as Kai thinks he might back out.

To be continued

To COMMENT on this story, Click Here.

Edited by Rockmower (01/15/09 11:42 PM)

#166722 - 08/04/08 02:18 PM Re: In search of the Island of Peals [Re: Annthewhofan]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 7

The journey to North Shore

Kai and Kilu had made good progress though the woods and came upon a dead end. Kilu took Kai to a cave wall and showed her an opening and told her this is the way to the North Shore, Kai did not like caves but was willing to enter it, as she wanted to get the key to the tin box.
Kilu saw Kai was a bit dubious about entering the cave and told her there was nothing to worry about and there was plenty of light and you will be surprised.
Sure enough she was and forgot about her fears as she saw the beautiful garden and the indoor arena looking out to the magical fish swimming in the sea and wondered how this was possible.
'It's a magic wall that gives you a view to the ocean', explained Kilu. (Like going to an underground ocean view seen on TV)
'Yes a guess that', Kai said trying not to show she was ignorant. 'Right let’s get on'

Kai noticed that the ground was getting steeper and had to get onto her hands and knees as not to fall backwards and Kilu was doing the same, and what seem like an age finely saw daylight peeping from the top and Kai suddenly tripped on something and it turned out to be steps made out of stone leading up to the exit and made her way up the steps and Kilu followed behind. When she reached the exit and all she could see was rubble and surrounded by wall and then she looked to her right and saw the beautiful ancient bath filled with clean fresh water that was so tempting, that she longed to get into it after her longed trek though the cave. In the end she managed to resist the temptation. 'So this is the north shore right?'
'Yes this is my home'. Kilu answered proudly.
'Right where are these roses' Kai asked?
This way and Kilu led her up the stone steps on the right of the cave entrance near the bath. Going up the steps it started to rain and Kai welcomed the rain as she was very hot and the rain was cool and refreshing and she noticed some of the villagers holding their heads up to drink the rain water and did the same herself. She realised how thirsty she was and soon felt refreshed after she let the raindrops fall into her mouth.

Kilu said, 'Come on we got to get this key'.
'Oh yes' as Kai was still standing partway up the steps still drinking the rain water. Then as she got to the top of the steps noticed the lab and some villagers doing experiments that were scientists and thought that where she came from once all is researched, the scientists don't bother any more.
'If everything is fully researched so where do all the extra tech points go’ asked Kai.
'We save up to buy new clothes and to bring in materials to make them’.
Kai said, Wow that's cool I could do with new clothes I mean look at this dress it's well worn.
'You can do that later after asking the elders as you are a stranger here and the villagers here work hard to earn the tech points'. Kilu explained.
'Oh no I didn't mean to err..' Kai saying feeling rather ashamed what she suggested.
It's quite alri..'
'LOOK THERE IS Kilu and he have a female with him!' someone called.
'Oh no! It's going to happen again I knew I should never have come back'. Then turned to head back to the cave.
Kai spoke up and said, look he is helping me and you should be ashamed on yourselves picking on someone who looks different from yourselves, every one has a right and you should know that.
'Oh a female speaking up for him'. A fair haired villager said.
Then Kilu who noticed that Kai was been harassed, went up to the fair haired male and said look here Natui you just leave her alone and if you have any sense you will leave'.
Natui did not like the look that Kilu was giving him and backed away saying, 'Aright alright I get the message and walked away.

Kilu showed her the orchard and Kai saw there where 3 different fruit trees that had plenty of fruit on them which were a banana, mango and a papaya trees and some of the farmers were harvesting the fruit. The village was full of busy activity and it reminded her of home, and Kai was suddenly feeling homesick longing to be back home with her family. Kilu spoke and Kai jumped out of her daydream getting a fright, 'Oh'.
'Sorry did I just scare you'. Kilu said laughing.
'No of course not now show me the roses'. Kai said feeling rather silly.

Kilu directed her though the orchard and showed Kai the roses the grew round a rock that jutted out of the cliff and she thought they where beautiful and two types of red hues. Then Kai started to move some soil in front of the roses where the illustration showed in the book. At first she found nothing and wondered whether this was the right place. Then Kilu got a stick and prodded deeper making the hole deeper. Then he felt something hard and he put his hand deeper into the hole and pulled out what looked like a silver key. 'Right let's get back'. Kai said and both made their way back to the cave entrance as they where making their way back, they head a voice say 'Leaving so soon'.

To be continued
MAKE YOUR COMMENTS HERE

Edited by Annthewhofan (08/04/08 07:55 PM)

#167571 - 08/11/08 03:04 PM Re: In search of the Island of Peals [Re: Annthewhofan]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 8

Delayed

'Leaving so soon' a voice called out.
'Come on Kilu take no notice of them' said Kai as she was anxious not to be delayed any longer.
'It's my old man my dad'.
'Your dad?' queried Kai.
Wait there I'll explain. Before Kai could say anything more Kilu ran up to his father and hugged him, and all Kai could do was stand there and watch. \:\(

'Hello dad' wondering what his dad was going to say why he runaway several moons ago.
'Son your mother has missed you and she is not getting any younger, and she has not been very well lately.' His father Explained.
'Look dad I'm sorry I ran off like that I needed to be alone for awhile.' Kilu Said.
'Who is this you brought with you I never seen thi...'
'Oh sorry dad this is Kai I met her in the wood, she comes from the South shore.'
'The south shore? You travelled quite a distance to get here dear and I'm Tobi Kilu's father and since you're here we must make you welcome and come and meet my wife Sanda, she will make you welcome after your long journey.'
'Yes, but I can't intrude on you're...'
'Of course you can it would be rude of us to not invite you to our home.'
Kai knowing to refuse the invitation might hurt their feelings and said I'll be please to meet your wife Sanda.'

Kai was surprise how beautiful she looked even with her hair now that had gone grey and kai realised that she must have been the end of her forties when she had Kai. Sanda's hair was once blond and she had deep blue eyes. Hello Sanda said so you must be my son's girl friend yet your both so young!'
'We not going out with each other, he was just helping me out, but it's a...'
It's alright mum, what she was trying to say is' I was helping her to find something, but never mind, quickly changing the subject, 'I'm starving what have you got to eat?'
Your father found a crab today and harvest some bananas your favourite and there is some honey left over.'
'Okay mum I just have a honey and banana Sam-wage with a drink of spring water.
'What about you Kit is that your name!'
'It's Kai' 'Kai corrected politely trying not to course offence. 'I'll just have a drink of water thank you.'
'Come on you must have something to eat, you look so thin, and that long journey must have made you very hungry' Sanda said.
'Okay,' feeling slightly put out that she looked too thin, I'll just have a honey Sam-wage, thank you. realising that she really was starving as she not eaten for awhile.

Sanda prepared the food and laid it out on a table and Kai was surprised at the generous amount of food that was laid on the table.
'Now tuck in said Sanda, don't let it go to waste.'

After the meal Kilu had to explain that he and Kai could not stay and the mission they were going on was a big secret and no one must know and he only told his father that they were going on a journey and he would tell him all about it, if he got back. But Kilu knew in his heart that he may never come back and if he did, they probably be gone.
'Do you have to go son? You know what happened when you drink from that vial you found in the lab, it aged you and your mother was very upset when she saw how you looked.
Please dad don't go into this I know I made a mistake, but I had to find out and the only way to find out was to taste it. Kilu explained. Don't tell mum about it she be upset.'
Tobi who loved his son and did not mind him going on adventure, but knew that Kilu was his Sanda's only child and missed him badly and tried to persuade him to stay and said, you and kai could both live here as Sanda would love a new member to the family and she would love to have grandchildren.'
Kilu was feeling a bit guilty having to say this and annoyed about his father giving him the guilt trip, 'Dad you know I got to do this, it's important to Kai and I and I promised you we will come home again.'
'Okay son,' Tobi said with a heavy heart, I know you won't change your mind and I wish you both happy hunting.'

After Kilu and Kai said their good byes and saw that Sanda was in tears letting her son go, but knew this was going to happen one day and even Kai had a few tears having to leave Sanda \:\( as she was getting to like her very much. They both made their way back to the cave entrance, and Kai was hoping no one else would stop them, but they needn't have worried as no one noticed them go this time and left the North shore for good.

To be continued

Comments here

#168546 - 08/18/08 10:05 AM Re: In search of the Island of Peals [Re: Annthewhofan]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 9

The second peace of map

Kai and Kilu got back to the broken down hut and used the key to open the silver box and retrieved the second part of the map. After they studied the map and found that the secret path led them towards East, but they had to follow the stream along the way. To Kai she felt that she was retracing the similar path she had come as there were things she recognised and she drew the attention to Kilu, 'I am sure I came this way before are you sure this is the way East?'
We got to make a detour as the way East is blocked off by mountains and the only way is to follow the path back along the stream to a hidden cave acording to the directions on the map.'
'Give me the map and let me see if there is an easier way!' Kai was better at directions. They both sat on a rock and both closely examined the map and realised that Kilu was right there was no other way round the problem and said, will who ever hid the secrets of this book wanted to make it hard for any one to find, so it must be very precious or dangerous!!!' Kai said. 'It's going to take several dawns to get there.'
Kilu replied 'Yes so the sooner we start moving the sooner we get there.'

Kai and Kilu carried on walking in silence each in their own thoughts. Kai thought she could hear someone crying now and again, but could not quite tell where it was coming from and she draw the attention to Kilu, 'Listen can you hear some one crying?'
'Naw, it probably some parrots imitating or something.' Kilu replied.
'You're probably right.' Kai said. But still felt uneasy but kept trying to put it out of her mind.

Kilu asked Kai if she was hungry and Kai said she was hungry as they not eaten since they left the North Shore, but there was not much food about and then Kilu brought out a large package and Kai wondered where he got the food and said 'where did you get that food? It's so much.'
'Mum made it up for us just before we left,' Kilu explained.
'Great, your mum's good and they both found a suitable place to have their picnic.
Kai told Kilu we better only eat a small portion as we don't know how many dawns to get to our destination.' So they both choose a banana and had half each and some honey Sam-wages and then they put the rest of the food away and want to drink at the stream.

Kai was still bothered about that continuous crying and wondered if there was someone needed help, but she did not want to bother telling Kilu again as he might think it was just her imagination. It was as if it was calling out for help, yet thinking what Kilu said about the parrots nesting in the area and then she realised that the parrots would have imitated the sound which means that where the cry was real and there was someone in need of help but where?

To be continued

#169339 - 08/25/08 05:56 PM Re: In search of the Island of Peals [Re: Annthewhofan]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Who is crying?

The crying was getting on Kai's naives and she made up her mind to try and investigate who or what was in distress and she told Kilu that she had to find where the person or animal was. 'Don't say I am imagining things' said 'Kai before you do.'
'No I wasn't I can hear it to, so to put your mind to rest we will find out what it is,' Kilu replied.
Kai was relieved that Kilu was going to help her find it, and said. Good I just hope it's nothing.

Kilu and started to listen out in which direction it was coming from and it seem to be some where in the direction they were going and Kilu said. Let's keep to the path and keep searching though the bushes as it seems that it not quite direct on the path. So they both continued up the path and the cry seems to be getting closer and louder. Then as they walked up the path the sound seemed to change direction like it was on their left off the path. Kilu told Kai to wait there while he investigated just though the woods.
Kai said, 'Be careful we don't know what it is.'
Don't worry I'll be careful and Kilu pushed his way though the bushes.
Kai waited anxiously on the path and he seems to be taking a long time. She started calling out to him, 'Kilu have you found it yet. Kilu.' No answer. Called again a bit louder this time, Kilu, Kilu answer me. Then she started to panic. KILU, KILU, KILU. \:8

To be continued

#170184 - 09/01/08 12:01 PM Re: In search of the Island of Peals [Re: Annthewhofan]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 10

Who was crying?

'Kilu where are you? KILU, KILU, KILU,' \:8 Kai screamed, KILU, KI...
'Shush, stop yelling you might frighten it.' Kilu whispered
'Frighten what?' Kai whispering to match his voice.
'Come and have a look!' and Kilu showed her a baby monkey that must have been abandoned by its mother.
'Where's its mother \:o monkeys usual make good parents,' Kai explained.
'I don't know! Maybe something scared her and she some how instantly hid it here under these bushes and lured away the danger away from its baby.' Kilu assumed.
Kai thought about this and said, Do you think we could look for the mother I can trace her!!!'
'Maybe, but we don't know what scared her!'
Kai looked more closely at the baby monkey and could see that it was a few days old and looked very hungry.
Kai said, 'it needs its mother's milk and if it not fed soon it will die of starvation.'
Kilu said, why yes and we go.., oh just minute, I think mom put something in our picnic,' and he took out of his big a large coconut. 'How about this?'
'Perfect,' Kai said and took the coconut from Kilu and proceeded to cut a hole big enough for the coconut milk to get through and then fed the baby monkey the coconut milk and the monkey gratefully drink the milk. After it drank the milk it fell asleep curling up into a ball. To Kai and Kali it looked so cute.
'We can't leave it here, and besides I am not prepared to baby-sit for this monkey. Explained Kai, knowing she was a woman and man thinking they should do all the baby sittings.
'Tell you what I go and see if I can find it's mother and you stay here.' Said Kilu
'No way' \:o said Kai, your not leaving me here again I not going through that again losing you, and I have better observational skills.'
'Okay fair enough after all you are a scientist you told me before, and since it's mother left it here it be safe.'

Where is it's mother.

Kai with Kilu followed the trail by Kai pointing out traces on trees and the ground, a broken trig here and some traces where it had been to leave it's scent like all animals do. Then Kai looked up and saw a monkey up in a tree and it looked kind of frightened and as Kai tried to couch it down, when it suddenly scurried off. Kai wondered what scared it off and turned to see Kilu, 'You scared it! I almost had it.'
'Sorry.' Kilu apologetic. \:o
'It's alright,' said Kai seeing the shocked look on his face. Don't look so shocked we will find her again. Sure enough saw the female monkey up another tree. 'You wait there I don't want it to ran off again.' 'Kilu get a banana out.'
'What the it's our ra..,' Kai alleged
'Just give me the banana!' Kilu give Kai one of the bananas from their food raisons Then Kai to the surprised of Kilu to climb the tree towards the monkey holding out the banana. Kai thought to her self, what am I doing realising she had not thought of a plan for her next move. Then a plan formed in her head yes got it, and as the monkey made to reach out for the banana Kai slightly moved away slowly down the tree and the monkey who was wanting the food followed at the same pace. She whispered to Kilu, 'As soon as she passes you grab her.' Kilu who had no time to argue jumped on the monkey and managed to hold onto it. Luckily the monkey was only the small type of breed and Kilu was able to handle it, yet the monkey was screeching and trying to escape, but Kai was able to calm it down by couching it with bits of banana. Then it let Kai take hold of it. Then Kai and Kilu took the monkey back to it's baby. Kai released the monkey and it went to it's baby. So mother and baby were united. Kai and Kilu lost some food. To Kai it was worth it to save a baby monkey.

Journey ahead

Kai said, 'lets hope there will be no more delays, right lets get back on the path.'
'Yes that goes for me too.' Kilu said they both continued up the path towards their goal.

To be continued

#170822 - 09/06/08 07:43 PM Re: In search of the Island of Peals [Re: Annthewhofan]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 11

Falling down the water fall

The two adventurous arrived back to the south shore and Kai saw that every where was just as it was before, but she did not want to be seen and had to go round the back to reach the cave. In the meantime Kilu who pretended to be a explorer looking to get some samples ask one of the villagers if he could get some samples and in exchange he give them some bottles that he had in his sack and the villager was delighted and let Kilu pick the samples as soon as the coast was clear and Kai had managed to get to the cave, he to joined her in the cave entrance.

The waterfall

Kilu and Kai find an opening though the cave, but the opening was covered in moss and leaves and they could here a sound of water falling beyond. Kilu took a step forward and suddenly felt himself falling \:o and Kai who wondered what had happened ran forward and she too started to fall giving out a scream \:o and trying to grab hold of the side trying to stop her decent finding it too slippery, thinking she was going to die. \:8 Kai landed on top of Kilu in a large pond.
'Where are we? Kai asking no one in particular, when she noticed a crowd of children staring at them.
'This is the West Shore!' One of the children said.
Then she heard one of the adults say come and have a look, two more have fallen down the waterfall.'
Kilu and Kai looked at each other wondering how many others have fallen down the waterfall.
Kai saw someone she recognised from her own village and saw it was her older sister Kaki and her mate Buru, and asked, 'how did you get here?'
'Same way as you down the waterfall, and who is this you brought with you, I never seen him in our village?'
'Oh, this is Kilu, he came from the north shore, we not staying long we got to pick something up and be on our way again.'
Kaki said slightly disappointed, won't you stay for the celebrations? We always celebrate new villagers from the other tribe.'
'Okay since you're my sister and Kilu and I will stay a little longer until we find what we're looking for then we got to go.

The celebration

All the villagers put on a great feast for Kilu and Kai and when they found that Kai was a master in 3 skills which was science; farming and healing to her surprised made a totem in her name. Kai never thought she was a master in 3 skills, but only thought them as her normal jobs she did. Where she came from and as a scientist never got to carry on researching needing no tech points and also in this village like Kilu's village use the tech points to buy clothes. Kai wished they had a clothing hut in her village feeling that her village where she came from was the poorer village. Yet she knew her village made do and felt they were far richer in each other. The villagers all got new clothes for the occasion and got Kilu and Kai fitted out with new clothes. Kilu picked a green outfit and Kai after long consideration, choose a blue dress as blue was her favourite colour.

The villagers celebrated in the centre of the village by dancing and feasting into the night. Kai wondered where they were going to sleep and Kali told her she can sleep in her hut.

Where is the third peace of map?

The following day, Kai found the spot where the third peace of map was located; it was buried under the gong of wonder. However Kai never seemed to get the chance to retrieve the peace of map, as every time there was always someone there admiring the gong of wonder. When one went another would go up to it.

The Ringing of the gong of wonder is near

One of the villagers said, 'it soon be time to ring the gong of wonder, we wonder who the guiding hand will choose?'
Kai was a bit afraid of been the chosen one and wished she took a chance to get the third peace of map as she had heard that sometimes and the gong took life and it mostly granted food or tech knowing she still had the mission to do, also she hoped that Kilu would not be chosen. As she knew it was a gamble Ringing the gong of wonder was like playing roulette game. \:8

To be continued

Edited by Rockmower (09/06/08 08:48 PM)

#171421 - 09/12/08 07:30 PM Re: In search of the Island of Peals [Re: Annthewhofan]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 12

The Gong of Wonder is rang

Kai had not had the chance to get the third peace of the map that was buried beneath the gong. She suddenly had an idea how she could recover it, as long as she was not chosen to ring GoW. Kai told Kilu about the plan and the plan was to wait until the person ringing the GoW, which is when every one runs to see what the gong had granted or taken. This would be an opportune moment to run with the others and as every one is too busy abserving the GoW to notice her digging a hole to retrieve the map. If she is chosen she would have to work out a plan B, which is a bit more complicated

Who is chosen?

Kai and Kilu watch as the guiding hand moved towards them and Kai was saying please don't pick me I don't live here. Then too her releaf the hand just passed over her head and Kilu was chosen, \:8 Oh no please don't let it be bad, he is needed.

Kilu was please he was chosen and wondered why Kai was making such a fuss, maybe she might be jealous, but he knew she did not want to be chosen and maybe she was afraid and said to her to treat it as an honour and she should not fear for him, as nothing could happen to him. Then he reminded her to dig up the map and he thought of an idea, was as soon as he rings the gong, he would help her by getting down to dig for the map during the commotion.

Kilu rings the gong

Kilu prepared to ring the gong and he picked up a mallet and prepared to strike at the gong that was fully charge with energy as he could see the sparkly lights coming from it. He realised this was a powerful instrument full of magic powers, like a magicians wand but a lot more powerful. Kilu the same as others before him struck the gong and it give out a mighty boom that could be heard for several miles away and it gave off very bright sparkly lights that blinded him, this give him the opportunity moment to get down and dig for the map. All the villages came running, to observe it and saw that the gong granted life and Kai as she was running not realising she was with child like many others, as she dug to retrieve the map with the help of Kilu managed to dig up a bronze box that contained the hidden peace. Kai suddenly felt sick and then realised she was with child and wondered how it happened Kilu told her the gong granted life and all the female villagers that were between 50 and 18 had babies. Kai said, 'But I'm only 17' \:o Kilu said, 'Will you must have turned 18 you know we been travelling for a long time you knew.'
Kai realised she just missed her 18th birthday \:o and, thought what a time to have a baby and triplets at that I don't believe it. 'You know what this means Kilu I won't be able to continue the quest, so you have to go alone.' \:\(
'No way,' Kilu said, I know it going to be a two year delay but, we have plenty of time, we're still young and besides, we got the bronze box that has the next peace of the map. The bad news is it's locked and once again we need to find the key, so after your babies are old enough, we the can continue our quest.' Kilu added, 'Anyway it was my fault you got into this as I was the one who rang the gong of wonder.'

To be continued

#172566 - 09/22/08 04:35 PM Re: In search of the Island of Peals [Re: Annthewhofan]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 13

Kai has twin girls

Kai and Kilu both had uneventful two years, Kai looked after the twin babies and Kilu took to farming, as it was a gong affect that Kai had twins and there were 21 children all age two at the same time, so they had a children's party and a naming ceremony of all the two year olds. As there were so many children to name the mums argued about other mums giving the same names to their children as theirs, then Kai had an idea and she wrote names down on parchment material that was kept in the science hut. She put the boy's names in one bowl and the girl's names in the other bowl and some names that could be either boy and girl names Kai wrote twice and put them in the two bowls. Kai then put the two bowls in the ground at the centre mosaic as she thought this was a good place to have the naming ceremony. All the mothers agreed it was a good idea and also thought it appropriate as all children was the gift of life from the GOW. Kai told them that it might be a good idea to do the naming ceremony at high noon that is when the Isola sun is at its peek.

The Naming ceremony

The mums made a circle round mosaic and each one took turns to pick a name out of one of the bowls; if the mum had a male she would pick a name from the male bowl or vice visor. Kai had told them when they choose the name out of the bowls at random is not to look what name they had until they all picked them. Kai decided this was best in case any of the mums might not like the name they had chosen and she told them that what ever name they had, is the name that was fated for her child for life. Once all the mums had picked the names and want back to their places, Kai then told them to look what name was written on the parchment. When Kai looked at the two names for her twins was surprised that the names was what her great, great grandparents and aunty were named which were Lulu and Lisha. She remembered when her mother told her about them that they were twin's girls too. Kai began to weep a little thinking about her home. Then she noticed that the entire mum's where looking kind of emotional as each one saw the names they had picked randomly. It was like as if the names they were to name their children had brought back distant memories, for some names were Seven, Ema, Ashby, and so on. The twins of Kai had long black hair which sometimes the hair would get caught round the neck as they turned their heads, so she named her children Lulu and Lisha knowing that her great, great grandmother/aunt would be proud of their great, great granddaughter/niece, had remembered them. This was very strange as she could not remember writing such names down, but many strange things do happen in Isola that cannot be explained.

Kilu had finished fishing and he was wondering if Kai had forgotten about the quest as she had not spoken about it since she had a baby and decided to remind her of it as soon as the naming ceremony was over. Then Kai came over baby free and the two girls went off to play Tag. Then she told him giving him a shock he never expected, that was, \:o 'I want another baby.'
Kilu asked, 'What about the quest and the key to the bronze box?'
Then she explained to him which was another shock, \:o but it explained everything as she told him that the only way that the key could be located is when the child of the GOW rang the GOW would grant vision and the vision would show where the key is located.'
Will we get plenty of time for many children as they won't be old enough to ring the gong until they are 14?
Kilu said but I might be dead by then as you know my youth was taken when I drank from a vial,'
'Oh' Kai said as if she remembered something and then she brought out a vial and told him to drink it.
Kilu looked at her suspected and said, what will this do to me.
'It will reverse it and you will be young again!!' explained Kai.
'I am a child again.'
Kai explained that she had added something that it was slightly less strong and he just becomes a teenager, hopefully the age he is now which he was now 19 and Kilu was now 20 but had a hair and body of a 70 year old and he walked much slower now.
Kilu took the vial and Cautiously began to drink from it, and at the same time Kai was keeping her fingers crossed behind her back in case it did not work or worst, might turn him into a toddler or... \:8 she did not want to think just in case.

To be continued

#173293 - 09/29/08 03:03 PM Re: In search of the Island of Peals [Re: Annthewhofan]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 14

A Change of face

Kilu as he tasted the contents from the vial and the taste was so tempting that he knock back the rest to Kai's horror. He unexpectedly felt over come with disorienation and then everything came back to normal, he felt like running around and jumping up and down, he never felt this good since he drank the last vial a few Isola years ago. 'It worked it worked he said excitedly wow I'm young again!!!'
'Yes too well, you look like a 13 year old and look at your face and hair!!'
'Why what's wrong with my face?' panicking hopping he was not uglier than before.
'Nothing' Kai explained, but just look at your reflection in the water,'
'Oh' then looked 'OH NO.' I got hair and it's red
Kai looked at him in surprised and said, 'What do you mean "OH NO", you look really cute in red hair.'
'I hate cute, I hate red hair \:o Kilu saying outranged, 'then again I could get use to this yea sure can.' Beginning to admire his own reflection.
'Well don't get too use to it you got some growing up to do now, as you not be able to 'work now for at least an Isola year, your 13 now, 7 years younger than me.'
Kilu had the pull to join the game of tag with the other children, while Kai just gave out a big sigh and to think he was impatient before to continue the expedition, well at least we got time to enjoy and relax until my twins are old enough to ring the gong to get vision. Let hope it will work as the gong can be unpredictable. Thought Kai Her other thoughts were, as she walked along the beach to relax, working out how old she would be when her daughters be 14 she would be 32 and Kilu would be 25 there a bouts. Maybe Kilu was right after all I probably be too comfortable living here by the time I'm in my thirties I won't want to move. Kai thought then since I am going to be here for a while and Kilu is to young to father children, I might as well find a job to do.

Kai decided to work on researching as she Master Scientist with all the researching she had done on the quest and she knew she could help the villagers in many ways. As she was already An EE and after a while she had already mastered science and she wanted to take up something she never tried before. She already a master doctor, master farmer, and then she thought I never tried construction before and she asked one of the master builders if they could teach her the basics and she felt like a clumsy idiot as she kept dropping a nail or hitting the hammer in the wrong place and kept shaking her head as villagers do if they fail at a task Bobo told her to take a break and maybe try again later when she is in a better mood, as Kai knowing she was an elder could not understand why she could not handle a simple job like a hammer and nail.
Bobo said, every one is the same when they start something new, it's not as easy as it looks, you got to make sure you hold the nail straight and into the grove and you got to have a steady hand to hold the nail and make sure you don't hit your thumb. That is the most common injury that builders get, Bobo showed her his thumb and he displayed his thumb like a trophy saying I build the hospital and cleared the barbed thons where the gong is many years ago with this thumb.'
Kai asked, 'Wow how old are you.'
'Well lady on just turned 87 Isola years old now and I hope to carry on building until the guiding hand says it's time to join the little peeps up in the sky,'
'Wow you don't look like a day over 50, Kai said and meant it.
'You go and enjoy the pond or something and then do what I showed you right,'
Kai said, 'Thinks for all your help.'
'Don't mention it' and Bobo went back to fixing the huts.

After taking Bobo's advice she had a long cool relaxation in the pool and the walked along the beach feeling the cool sea breeze on her face. Kai then decided to have an other go at fixing the hut and she remembered what Bobo had taught her and this time she improved at construction giving her a builder's skill. She looked around for Bobo wanting to tell him that she had passed the first hurdle as a builder, but she could not see him, anywhere. Kilu who was now re-grown-up now came over to Kilu that Bobo had just died.
'Oh no' \:o Kai said, and I was just speaking to him about ten minutes ago and he seemed fine, I can't believe he just went just like that.' \:\(
Well said Kilu sadly, 'It happens to all of us adventley, that's life.' \:\(
'I know, but it's so sad and I thought he might have lived much longer than 87.' Kai said,
You know no body on this island live longer than their eighties. The oldest I know that is long ago buried once lived till she was 89.'
Kai was a bit down after hearing the bad news of Bobo, and she said, 'Come on lets not dwell on this subject and talk about something cheerful.'
'Right.' Kilu said Guess what I just mastered, then paused waiting for Kai to give the right answer.
But what Kai said, 'well, don't hold me in suspense, mastered what.'
'Can't you guess?'
'No.'
'I have become a Master Builder,' Said Kilu proudly.
'Oh is that all, well done and I can't even manage a hammer feeling a bit jealous.
I got this and he showed her some sort of scroll and his name printed at the top and written on it;

This scroll is The Award that Kilu hereby achieving mastering the arts of Architecture in two Isola years.

'Wow that's wonderful. Congratulations Kilu you deserve it'

Several Isola years had gone by and Kai's twins would soon be 14 and Kai was wondering how the time had flown by. She had not mastered construction as quickly as Kilu did but was now Adept Builder. Kilu on the other hand had just mastered three skills, but since the village already had over 50 elders was not Awarded to EE, however, at least he had his Scroll and that was very unique as not many villagers always achieve that Award. Kai had another baby once Kilu was 18, and it was a boy who also had red hair like his dad and he was 4 already and his name was Bobo after Bobo who had died after he taught her the arts of construction in his memory. Kai and Kilu would soon be moving on to continue the expedition as soon as the twins turned 14 and one of them was going to have to ring the gong. It was up to the guiding Hand which twin it was to be whether it would be Lulu or Lisha. It would have to be the right twin otherwise it would not work. The twins knew of the task ahead and both of them would be 14 the following day and Kai and their step dad made sure they both had an early night for the big day tomorrow.

To be continued

#173916 - 10/06/08 03:13 PM Re: In search of the Island of Peals [Re: Annthewhofan]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 15

The Gong is ringed, but which twin?

It was Lisha and Lulu's 14th birthday and also the other children that had been born at the time the gong granted life 14 Isola years ago, since then it had granted food, tech points and took technology, as the villagers were rich in technology, did not mind losing a few tech points to the GOW, The villagers thought that it was better than the gong taking health, as villagers disliked been sick. Some thought the sacrifice of, giving away the tech points was worth it.

In the meantime all the birthday males and females all celebrated becoming 14 and the mom's help by making them a feast. Later it was time to look for jobs for at lest 20 over 14 year olds, some already had some skills that were inherited from their parents and started work straight away Lulu and Lisha already had science skills and took up researching. Except, some sat in the centre of the village unsure of what to do, The guiding hand, who watched over them now and again was present and had to teach them some sort of trade by pushing them to either planting crops or to study the herbs if they showed they had some healing skill. After awhile they got the massage and picked up a skill and carried on with the trade that was chosen for them.

It is time, Who will be chosen to ring the GOW?

Kai told Lulu and Lisha to be brave as the guiding Hand was to choose one of you to ring the GOW. As it is foreseen that one of you will be the right one and one that is not. The guiding hand was also anxious of which twin is it to be?, and then the twin that was the youngest twin must be the right twin and the youngest is... A big purse for effect..

Lisha and Lisha was the one to ring the GOW. Lisha was very nervous as it was a great honour to be chosen and she hoped that she would not mess it up, like dropping the mallet. With some encouragement from her equally nervous mom Kai. Walked slowly with the mallet, and she felt the butterflies in her stomach and her mouth dry, that she could do with a drink of water, and kept telling her self to relax to calm her nerves, as she approach the GOW, Lisha kept saying why be afraid there have been many who have done this, I can do this, and with slightly shaky hands and with a strong grip of the mallet, stepped back a little so she could aim true to strike at the centre, and BOEERING, Sparkles flew from it, blinding Lisha for a few seconds and then she could see a vision at the graveside and Lisha could see that the ghost was summering her and she walked to the graveside and saw a white lady and the white lady pointed to the lagoon. Lisha, told her mom and dad about the ghostly vision and told her that it had pointed to the lagoon and that she thought she heard a voice in her head you got to dive deep for the object you seek.

Kai and Kilu, have a discussion about of how they were to dive deeply into the lagoon and after a few tries found it was much too deep. Kai and Kilu wondered how they were going to get the key they so long waiting to find that now thought it was over as it may as well be on the Isola moon, as far as they knew. What Kai did not know, yet was to find out, long ago one of the villagers had discovered a stew that would enable to hold their breath for a long time. The stew recipes were amongst the medical journals in the hospital.. As Kai was a master doctor and she always looked for remedies to cure illnesses, gradually remembered coming across it and that she went to check it out. Kai had to search though all the paper work until she found what she wanted and the three herbs were, (blanked out as it's a spoiler) . Kai quickly started to prepare the stew and got the 3 herbs that would help to hold their breath long enough to retrieve the key to the bronze box. After the stew was done, and she told Kilu her husband what she was about to do, but he told he let me do it as I am much younger now and he eat the stew and he found that he felt, he need not have to breath. He went to the diving board and dived very deep and he searched though the water until he thought he saw something among the waterweeds that looked like something shining metal thing, as the stew was beginning to wear off. He managed to grab it and quickly swim to the service, a few minutes after effects of the stew had worn off. He then had to take a few gulps of breath and Kai was their waiting anxiously by the edge. What took you so long, I thought you were going to drown as I can understand you were down there much longer for the effects to last, as I have read the recipe, and I was about to come and get you.'
'Why, did you eat the stew?'
'No, but I was just about to when you emerge, did you get it.'
'Well I lost it and then he said hear it is.' Kilu said laughing.
'Oh you, you, don't make jokes like that and she to laugh.
'Come on, lets try the key and Kai and Kilu want to get the bronze box that was kept in a hidden place in the research hut. The key fitted the keyhole and when they opened it found the third peace of the map and they both examined it and could see that on the map the path was a direction to another part of Isola that no one had yet discovered, it was the East Shore.

To be continued

#174476 - 10/12/08 06:43 PM Re: In search of the Island of Peals [Re: Annthewhofan]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 16

Building a boat

Kai was deciding now to continue the quest, however since there was no way off the island on land, but the waterfall they came down just over 14 years ago. The only way to get to the Eastern Shore was by crossing the ocean. Kai and Kilu this was going to be the hardest part of the quest as they knew that the ocean can be unpredictable and dangerous. First they needed to build a boat, but they also needed help to get it done as soon as possible and Kai and Kilu asked some of the trusted master builders if they could help them to build a boat. Kai did not want her sister Kaki to know yet until the boat was finished. She knew her Kaki would understand as she had told her some of the adventures she had and she explained that as soon as they got things sorted they would be leaving. The builders that helped to build the boat were 4 of them a young builder who was just starting out age 14 his name was Kon. Kon was a child podgy and he was good at constructing and he would be ideal of designing a boat that would be suitable for the long sea voyage across the ocean and he wanted to do something more challenging than doing something boring like fixing huts, and he jumped at the chance as soon as he was asked. The other master builders who were much older age in their 20ties were Bibi a female, Polo male and Pana, female.

Kon draw out the blue prints of how it should be built, the drawing that looked simple and complicated at the same time. He explained that for the boat to fight against bad weather, it needed to have special wood and also designed it that there would be a lower deck for the sailors to shelter from the rough weather conditions. The boat would have sails that would be used to be blown in the wind to make it easier to steer the boat with the help of the wind to guide it to where they wanted to go. Kon also designed a wooden steering wheel and a rudder to steer the boat lift or right in the water. The boat was a kind that the older builders had never seen the plan of before, but they could trust young Kon as he knew what he was doing and had confidence in his plans. The boat would hold several of the villagers when it was built and also it still could be sailed by, just a crew of two.

The boat took two Isola years to build, the children were always fascinated watching the builders working on the boat and kept asking questions like, 'What is your building?’ and, 'what's that?
And another kid would answer, 'It's a boat silly.'
The other kid would say. 'I knew that!!!'
When it was ready to sail and the proud builders that worked on it, saw that the boat was beautiful and very sturdy that it would hold in any type of ocean. The size of the boat was L, 12ft x, W, 4ft x H, 9ft, as below deck the height between top and bottom was 6.1/2ft.

Kai who was age 34 and had to say good bye to her sister Kaki and she asked her if she would take care of Bobo who was now age 6 going on 7, the twins could look after themselves now that they were both 17 Isola years old. They were both master farmers already. Kali promised to take care of him and make sure he stayed safe and not to go wondering too far in the ocean, as sometimes kids did that and a strong current would pull them out to sea and found they could not get back. This meant that the guiding hand had to always rescue them. This happened to Bobo once, as he was looking for fish and he wanted to take a closer look and he waded too far and found he could not get back, until the guiding hand came to rescue him. Bobo had his other friends who were Tin age 3 male, Toki male age 11, Buru age male 13 and a female called Paima age 8. Bobo told his friends that his mom was going on a long sea voyage and it was a big secret.
Buru who was the oldest at 13 said, 'If I was you, I would go with her.'
'Mom says it's very dangerous, and the sea is not safe for children.'
Buru said, 'we could always store away and hide below deck.'
Bobo said, I might get into trouble off mom.'
'Not if she not find out.' Buru said. Buru said its tag now let play tag!!' and they joined all other 25 kids in the tag game.

Kai and Kilu got as much food and water stocked below deck in a cool food storage that Kon had designed and made that would keep food fresh for Isola years. Later Kai and Kilu with the help of some of the builders helped to launch the boat onto the water; the ocean looked nice and calm with a bit of breeze that would help it to move on the waves. All the villagers came to see the new boat that Kon had designed to see it sail on the ocean. The boat looked grand as she sailed though the waves. They decided to name the boat which was more of a ship The Pearls Kai, made her tearful good byes to her sister Kaki and her nieces and nephews and all the friends she had made during her stay over the last 16 years, Kon had volunteered to go with them as he was a master builder as will as a designer at the age of 16. Kai and Kuli, had a discussion about this and decided to agree and, they took him to one side and told them about the map and they were sailing to the Eastern Shore of Isola and that they were searching for the Island of Pearls,' Kon said he understood and with his abilities he could be a great help and so Kon was now one of the new adventurous in search of the Island of Pearls.

Kai suddenly thought, \:\( that she did not see Bobo to say his good byes and thought he might have been to upset that she was leaving him, but she knew he loved Aunty Kaki and aunty Kaki loved him and knew he would be alright. But Kai could not help been upset about him and explained this to Kilu and Kilu said to Kai 'that kids soon learn to adept after all we are on Isola and anything can happen.'
'Yea I supposed,' Then Kai walked down to below deck and she thought she heard someone sneezing.

To be continued

#175856 - 10/27/08 06:27 PM Re: In search of the Island of Peals [Re: Annthewhofan]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 17

The stowaways

Kai thought she heard someone sneezing; she called out who's there? And she cautiously moved farther down the steps, still nervously calling out \:8 'Who's there? I know your in there I heard you sneezing.' Then she heard someone cover another sneeze followed by someone saying shush in a whisper. Kai realised they must be children as they sounded young and this time she changed her irritated sounding voice to a much kinder voice, 'Come on out I am not going to by angry!'
First the older child came out from where he was hiding under some materials from the sawing hut that was there as sleeping quarters and another child who was hiding behind the older boy so that Kai could not see who he was. Then there was a female who was slightly older than the kid hiding behind the older child and younger than the older braver child. Kai recognised the older boy who always played with her son Bobo and the female who was Tuna's daughter and she guessed the one who was hiding was her son Bobo. The older child was an orphan who lived wild before he was found by the science hut, he was Buru the 13 year old and Tuna's daughter was Paima age 8.
Kai asked, what are you kids doing here and Buru I know you're responsible for all this, so what made you want to stowaway?
'I am sorry mam, but we meant no harm, please lets us come with you?' explained Buru.
'I don't know I might have to ask my husband Kilu if he let you come, it's a long ocean journey especially for children and besides Bobo is only 6 and Paima is age 8 and you are still only 13!'
Buru said in defence, 'I'll be 14 soon and I'll be able to help out.'
'Yes I know, but even so your still be too young take on such a journey. You stay there and see how far out to sea we are and see if we can get you back!!'

Kai left the three children wondering what to say to Kali and Kon knowing they not are very pleased about the young stowaways. Kali was very busy with steering the boat and noticed that they had sailed quite a distance from the Western shore and every one back on the shore were so tiny. Kai was wondering how she was about to approach this delicate subject about the stowaways below deck. Then noticed the worried expression on her face and ask her, 'What's up you look like you lost a large coconut and found a smaller one!!!'
'We have stowaways.' Kai explained.
'What the...' and made to rush down to below deck, and Kai managed to stop him saying, they are only children... so please be gentle!'
'Oh!!!,' Kon giving an explanation sigh, Children?
'Yes children and I was wondering if we could turn around and take them back to the shore.'
Will we bit too far out and the tide is too strong at the moment to turn back and the wind is just right to keep on course.'
'So the children can come with us then? But my son Bobo is with them and I don't like the thought of any harm coming to him.'
'Your son, I see and Kali will not be pleased about this. We better tell him.'

Later when Kai and Kon told Kali about his son Bobo and his two friends Paima and Buru had stored away below deck was surprised at his response, I knew he took after you and me Kai, he always had that adventure instants in him and I am not surprised about Buru either as he has lived rough before he settled down on the shore, he be ideal. But I am surprised at Tuna's daughter Paima, as I know she was always very more at home type of girl and never wondered far from the shore.'
'Well I guess she had it in her more then you realised to stowaway.' Said Kon
'Tell the children they can stay if they behave themselves.' Kali said.

Kai went down below deck and told the children the news about them coming with them and the kids all jumped around with excitement and cheering \:D \:D \:D \:D until Kai told them to calm down that they were making the boat rock. Kon called down, 'You better bedded down everything there is a storm coming'.

To be continued

#176379 - 11/03/08 12:55 PM Re: In search of the Island of Peals [Re: Annthewhofan]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Pics here

Chapter 18

The Storm

Back on the West shore the villagers could see a storm in the distance happening and that is when a flash flood happened, the villagers all run towards dry land and shelter until the rain that was coursing the flash floods to happen. Tuna was looking round for her children and could not find her oldest daughter Paima and she asks around if any one had seen her and all the responses were negative. Lulu who was Kai's daughter said 'that she had seen Paima playing with Bobo and Buru and they were playing on the beach near the boat and this was just before it was launce into the water and after that they seem to have disappeared.'
Tuna asked, 'did you notice where they went?'
'No, but I did overhear something they were going to hide in the boat by one of the other children.'
'Who, tell me please?' asked Tuna.
'It might have been little Tin and Toki.' Explained Lulu.
'Right I will go and talk to them.'

Tuna saw Tin and Toki and she asked them if he had seen his friends Paima, Buru and Bobo. Tin said they went on the boat. As Toki looked at Tin as if to say you should not have told her our secret, but was too late.
\:o 'Oh no you should of stopped them Toki.' Tuna said trying not to sound too sharp, but it came out agitatedly.
'It's not my fault.' \:\( Toki who was taking offence.
'I am sorry', said Tuna, 'I did not mean to sound angry, and I know it's not your fault.'

Tuna realised that Paima must of stored away with Buru and Bobo, and she always liked Bobo as they were the best of friends and Bobo who loved his mom must have decided or influence by Buru to stowaway on the boat. Maybe Paima who did not want to be left behind as she was very found of Bobo went with them. She decided at this moment to go after them the only thing she needed a boat and by the time they built a boat, they would be well gone.

Later, after the aftermath of the storm the villagers got back to work and also noticed that most of the food in the bin had been soaked though making only the top part edible. Tuna was asking the builders if they would help her to build a small raft so she could sail after them. Whether this was a good idea or not.

Storm at sea

'What's happening?' \:o asked Buru.
It's a storm and we better strap you in you bunks so you won't get thrown about and as soon as she spoke the boat give a mighty rock sending them on the floor. The managed to get back on their feet just before the boat tipped in the opposite direction, but this time they were ready and managed to hold onto the sterns on the rare part of the vessel.

Up on deck Kon and Kilu were struggling trying to in keeping the boat steady as it rolled on the high waves that was threatening to capsize them, however Kon had done a great job as the boat as able to fight the incoming large waves and sail along with the pace of the storm keeping the crew safe.
This was no comfort to two of the crew that were beginning to feel the effects of the storm as Bobo and Paima were beginning to feel sick. The actions were not feeling well. They both lie on their bunks groaning and as the boat rolled from side to side made them feel worst. Kai who was a master doctor was looking though the medical box with the herbs they had brought with them, seeing which herb that would cure sea sickness and she found the ones she wanted that she use when villagers where sick and she mixed them in water and told the children to drink the remedy as it well make them feel better. Bobo who was the stubborn of the two kept refusing saying, 'No,' and groaning at the same time.
Paima who was beginning to feel better after she taken the remedy tried to encouraged Bobo to drink it as it made her better and he would feel better too. In the end after a lot of encouragement from his peers and Kai he managed to take a small sip and another sip, then he suddenly ran to the side and was sick. He felt slightly better, so he took the rest of the herbal remedy and soon he felt a lot better. \:\)
Then they heard Kuli call down to them, 'We have come out of the storm we reaching calmer waters.'
'Hooray,' cried the children and Kai this time joining \:D \:D \:D in, 'Hooray the end of the storm,' they all ran up on the deck to see the calm sea and it was if the storm never happened. There was no wind and Kon said, 'The bad news is, \:o as there is no wind, the sails are at the moment are useless as you can see and as the crew looked up at the sails noticed there was no breeze to blow them out. They were stuck out in the middle of the ocean and no sign of land, in the still air only the small ripple of the waves was moving as the tide. It was the storm that had brought them too far out to sea. It seemed to the crew they were going to be here for a while until a change in the weather. \:8

To be continued

Edited by Annthewhofan (11/03/08 06:50 PM)

#176624 - 11/05/08 12:33 PM Re: In search of the Island of Peals [Re: Annthewhofan]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 19

Kon who was an master builder engineer, had an idea how he could get the boat moving again and he designed a simple technique that would enable the vessel to move, he knew that using oars by the crew would be too hard in the large boat, but oars were the only answer, however what Kon had in mind that would make it much easier for the crew was he used rope and made to line along the boat and the steering wheel and the rudder beneath the boat Kai and Kon dived into the ocean and worked with the ropes and they had threaded the rope though portholes at front side of the boat and brought them to the rudder and threaded the rope though some hole in the centre of the rudder. The engineers did a most complicated work of engineering with the help of our genius Kon. Soon the crew were able to sail the boat with the help of the ropes and as Kilu steered the wheel the ropes pulled the rudder making the boat sail smoothly across the waves. Since electricity or power had not been invented on Isola this was the nearest and best thing that Kon had come up with. It was still a lot slower, yet it did the job.

For many moons the weather had not changed and they had sailed for a few Isola nautical miles. Kon and Kilu knew they were on course according to the compass pointing southeast to get to the point they wanted. The crew were taking turns to keep on the look out and one steering the boat and by this time Buru was working with them taking his turn. Buru was now age 14 and sometimes uses to catch fish in the ocean. They had been living on fish now since the vegetables had run out for awhile now. And sometimes Kai would dive into the ocean to fish and when she found a crab were delighted as they were getting sick of just fish.

One sunup Buru was taking his turn on look out when he thought he saw something in the distance, he knew it was not land as it was too small and even too small for an island. He called the rest of the crew telling them what he could see and they all looked out to sea squinting their eyes trying to make out what it was. Bobo who was now 7 said 'It looks like a boat.'
'Oh yes it is a boat, it seems to be going towards the North!!!' Kai said.
The boat is so small and may only one is manning that boat. The crew were excited thinking that there must be land on the horizon after seeing the boat. This made them all in high spirits. They thought as their water was running low they needed to see land soon.

Chapter 20

Who is in the lone boat?

Tuna had got the builders to build her a small raft and when some offered her to go with her she refused saying it was she alone must do this. Tuna had started out several moons ago and was rowing towards the north, she was tired and her hands were blistered with all the rowing. Then she saw a boat in the distance and tried to row it towards them, but the tide was too strong and found her heading north and soon lost sight of them.

Tuna is given a warm welcome from the Tribal Chief.

In the end as she was headed north she had to go with the tide and soon she reached land as she was rowing towards the reef of the north shore, she noticed the fisherman farmers fishing in the ocean and one of them noticed the lone sailor and welcomed her to the Isola north shore. The chief made her welcome and showed her around the village. The chief who was Riki and had been the chief since he was 8 years old was now age 30. Tuna told some of the tribe she was looking for her daughter Paima and that they had left on a boat and left one season ago and that she would be now age 9. Tuna told them who the others were and one of the villagers who knew them named Palanke and said that 'Kilu was the son of Tobi and Sanda and it was a shame that Kilu was not here when they both past away, Sanda had died 4 seasons ago and Tobi died two and a half seasons ago I am his cousin and Kilu was their only child. They pleaded him not to go, but been very adventurous he had to go. I'm glad they alright, yet I hope they have found their destination where they were going and the children. I am sorry about your daughter running away way like that.' Tuna said 'I will have to continue my search for her as soon as I can.' Palanke said, not until you rested and healed those blisters of yours. Come on let me show you were you can get something to put on them sore hands and took Tuna to the medical bay.

One of the trainee doctors use some herbal ointment on her blisters and felt her hands much better. Tuna told Palanke she was a builder if there were any huts needed to be fixed and Palanke said 'that the huts were made to withstand all conditions and very rarely needed fixing. However if since there are no building jobs you could just enjoy living here and there is a bath at the south end of the village, your welcome to use and Palanke took Tuna on a tour of the village and she was very impressed. Tuna was also impressed that they never had a shortage of food ever and said, 'You must have a good guiding hand.'
'Yes, but we still have to work for It.' explained Palanke.
'I could help by farming.'
'You could but we have plenty of farmers.' Explained Palanke.

Tuna decided that since she would have nothing to do but have a life of leisure thought she had gone to heaven. However, she was going to find her daughter as soon as she rested up in a few moons. Tuna this time was going to find another way to get to the shore that not yet discovered the East shore and she had an idea it was just round the corner to the right of the island and dicided to find a way on foot.

To be continued

Edited by Rockmower (11/06/08 03:29 AM)

#176970 - 11/10/08 11:04 PM Re: In search of the Island of Peals [Re: Annthewhofan]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 21

The crew did not see the raft any more as it disappeared from sight in the northern zone and they continued towards the Eastern zone. Buru who was on the look out called out excitedly, 'Land ahoy,' (seaman's terminology). Every one came running and could see some trees that seemed to be covered with white clouds of mist and as they approached the land it seemed to be getting colder and the crew who were beginning to feel the cold looked for warmer clothing. They were not use to cold weather living in a warm claimant only Kilu was used to it coming from the north shore, and had lived though changing weather conditions. But he had to admit it was much colder here.

The Eastern shore

The crew after several moons get to the shore and found it covered in some white stuff that they had never seen before. After they had anchored the boat by a nearby reef. The crew make their way onto the beach and was alarmed to finding their feet sinking into the white stuff, but then they realised it was harmless and not dangerous and then they noticed that the white stuff was coming down in flakes from the sky and they realised it was frozen rain. The children liked the frozen rain and began to play in it, laughing and giggling. The adults did not like it as it was hard to see where everything was. Kai said we need to find the last peace of the map and getaway from this frozen shore.

First they needed some food and water and they looked round for a food bin knowing there probably is no food in it.

Then crew saw a stranger who was dressed in some sort of thick clothing and he told them that this part of Isola had been deserted since the snows came. He took them to where there was some food and water he kept and shared it between them. It was some fish that he had caught in the ocean. However he told them with this weather the fish was not biting and food was getting low. He melted the snow and told them they could drink the water. He told them his name was Kamali and he had stayed while the others left or died. Later they want to look at a weather controller near the science lab that Kamali had told them about, but it was not working and that they would need to research it to find out how it would control the weather and to stop the snow and bring back the good weather. Kai and Kilu explained that they were not staying as they had other business to do and that as soon as it was completed they were leaving. Kamali was disappointed but he could understand or he thought he understood.
Kai asked him if they knew where the weather vine was as this was the object that they were studying.

Kamali showed them where it was and it was in the centre of the village. After the cleared away the white stuff that Kamali called snow found a rusty tin box in a place that looked like a fire pit to make a fire. Kai and Kilu thought, Oh no this also needs a key to open this as this is locked. Kamali said, you won’t need a key look the lock is rusty, so it can easily be broken open. He tried to open it but it would not budge. Then he had an idea, let's go to the researched lab and get something to prize it open. Kon Buru joined them after making sure the boat was safe and he whispered to Kilu. 'I don't think we should trust him.'
Kilu turned to Kamali and said, 'Should we start a fire?'
Okay said Kamali it is cold. So I well go for the dry grass and some wood, the science lab is the top of the village.'

Kon, Buru Kai and Kilu made their way to the science lab and was shocked how bleak the whole village looked and realised that a lot of work was needed doing to make it more homely. However who came to live in this village would need to solve the weather conditions. It was not their problem as at the moment in this village, a guiding hand had not yet come to this village as it was not prepared. The guiding hand would one day come here until then, it would remain deserted. Only Kamali would live here as a hermit. For his age no one knew.

At the science lab they found something that would open the rusty tin box, as the part of the writings to where a bouts the key was had faded and knew they would never find the key. What they found was a wedge that would slip under the lid and lever it up. As it was very rusty the lid broke away easily and was glad that it contained the final peace of the map. Even though the tin had rusted though the part of the map was still good. They called the children over and, they made a small celebration for finding the important part of the map. As it was getting late to study the part of the map and also to start out again, after a brief study of the map. It looked like it led to a small island several miles from the mainland. The island was name The Island of Pearls.

The 7 travellers needed a warm hut to sleep in and the only hut that they could see was a hut that was in need of repair so, they asked Kamali if there was somewhere they could stay for the night Kamali showed them an old honeymoon hut was the only shelter they could use from the cold weather. This is where they stayed until morning.

To be continued

#178190 - 11/24/08 04:00 PM Re: In search of the Island of Peals [Re: Annthewhofan]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 22

Journey to the Island of Pearls

Kai kept waking up every hour as it was so cold and she went to the fire to try to get warm and then Kilu joined her, It was still a couple of Isola hours away before dawn. They sat together looking at the stars. Kai had given up her cover to the children, to make sure they were kept warm, when she noticed her son was shivering with the cold. It was a long night and Kai could not wait till the mourning until they could get away from this bleak part of Isola. Kai wondered who ever came to live here would need to solve the weather conditions fast as she knew they could die with the cold. With the warmth of the fire, she began to feel sleepy and soon fell asleep. Kilu got the clothing material from the boat and put it over Kai to keep her warm and put more wood on the fire to keep it going. Then he went back to the hut to make sure the children were okay.

A few hours later Kai woke and wondered were she was at first and then she remembered. She smelt something cooking that made her feel hungry. She got up to find something to eat and then saw the old man Kamali and he handed her a bowl with some fish and crab and she looked surprise. Kamali explained he been fishing this morning and he was lucky to find a crab. Kamali had cooked it on the fire, and that is what Kai could small. The others did not seem to be eating and she asked why, and they told her they had eaten earlier and they had let her sleep, as she had been up half the night. After she eaten and got ready to continue the journey. Kon, Kilu and Buru got the boat ready and did some repairs that needed doing after some damage had happened during the bad weather. Kai got the children ready and Kamali gave them some food to take on their final journey.

Several hours later they said their good buys to Kamali and wished him good luck and he said something strange, ‘I will see you again soon,’ and he wished them good luck.

A journey end or is it?

The ocean was very calm and after they had sailed for several hours found the weather was getting warmer. It was not long before the crew found the sun was really getting unbearably warm and was looking for something to use as a fan. It’s so hot complained the children and so Kai found a large bowl and put some sea water in so the children could splash themselves with it too cool down. The heat was so stifling that they longed to dive into the ocean to cool off, but knew this part of the ocean was not safe as it was full of sharks. Kai said I think we were better where we was at least we could of cooled off.

After several more hours of the stifling heat began to cool a bit then they noticed strange and beautiful birds flying above them. They had the colour of rainbows on their feathers and they sang in a beautiful bird song in which they have never heard before. The children were festinated and asked what breeds of birds they were and Kilu said they could be parrots of a kind, but I never seen parrots that looked so beautiful and then he took a closer look and he noticed that they were not birds but little beautiful human females with rainbow wings. The female that was wearing a silver tiara in her hair alighted on the steering wheel and said in a sing song voice, ‘Welcome to The Island of Pearls, my name is Flower. We have waited for you for a long time. Our land is in danger and you are the only ones who can save us.’
Kai was shocked to here this news and asked, ‘What danger is threatening your land?’
Flower pointed out and Kai then saw a most beautiful island and wondered why they never noticed or seen it as it was very close.
Flower explained that the island was hidden and even if you sailed right at the shore would not see it until the fairy queen enlightened on the vassal. The fairies guided the boat to a safe place and escorted the crew on shore and the site that they saw before them was amazing and what stood in the distance was a castle in the colours of rainbows and Kai, Kon, Kilu, Buru and the children could not believe that there was any danger, but then thought who would put such a beautiful island in danger. And asked what it was.
‘We most not talk here! I will explained all, come this way and Flower took them to the castle and led them up some steps that led to the castle.

To be continued

#178927 - 12/01/08 12:21 AM Re: In search of the Island of Peals [Re: Annthewhofan]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 23

The travellers were shown to a large thrown room and at the top end of the thrown room were two large thrown rooms’ chairs that royalty would sit and they noticed a male who was dressed in some beautiful rubes that even Joseph would have envied in Te'chcolour Dream Coat.
‘Welcome to my castle, said the male sitting in the thrown chair, come closer,’
Kai thought she recognised the male sitting in the chair and said, ‘Have we met before,’
‘Yes,’ he said, ‘I am Kamali from the East show, and I am the male fairy king of this island and Flower is my wife,’
‘But, how…’ confused Kon asked who had remained quite all this time decided to speak up thinking some questions needed to be answered.
Kamali told them that, ‘I had to make sure that you were the right tribal group as many have came and wanted to course confusion on the island and take it on their own ends. As when you came I knew that your group had been chosen will for the tasks ahead, there will be many tests and I can trust each of you to carry them out. Now I like to meet someone who has been searching for you for a long time.

Tuna

Kamali called out to his wife Flower and asked her to bring the new arrival and Paima laugh recognised her mom Tuna and ran up to her and Tuna took Paima into her arms and give her a big hug. Paima asked her mom, ‘Why are you crying mommy?’
‘Because I missed you my little one.’ Tuna said.
‘I missed you too mommy.’ Paima said.
As Paima and Tuna were occupied with each other confused Kilu, Kai, Kon and Boro wanted to know how they had got Tuna here and what kind of transport got her here before them. Kamali told them that as soon as they left, he could sense there was another who was connected to one of the children and he was able to use his wings as he took off his robes to demonstrate the wings and they were the most beautiful and powerful set of wings he had on his back, to Kai he looked like an angel and to highlight the fact he had much younger features on his face and a silver crown head of hair.
‘Wow you look like a....’ blush said Kai afraid to say what she thought in case she might defend.
‘An angle’ Kamali finished, ‘I know it has that affect on every one, don’t worry.’ Then Kamali continued, 'I went in search for her just after she left the North shore on foot and after a bit of encouragement accepted a left. She rode on my back,’
‘Like a large bird’ Kai. Queried
Kamali said, ‘something like that. Come on you must be hungry.’ Then he called Flower to show them to the banqueting hall.

The banquet

The fairy queen Flower led to a large room and the adventurous was amazed at the sight that made their stomachs grumble as they saw a very large table full of different types of foods. Flower said, ‘I thought you might be hungry after your journey here so before we sit down to business, is to eat first.’
Kai asked, shocked laugh ‘Where does all this food came from? As most of the food she could see was all kinds that she never seen grown in Isola, then thought maybe here more foods must grow here.
Flower explained, all the fairies magically created the food, as you can see most of the food laid out on the table does not grow on this island. There were all types of fruit such as pairs, apples, oranges, grapes, and other fruits they did recognised such as bananas, papayas, and mangos and coconuts There was all types of fish some they had not seen before and well preserved meats, all types of vegetables seen and not seen.
Flower invited them to the table and said, just take what you want to eat. The younger members did not hesitant and choose and picked up the different things that looked inviting. Kai said, wink ‘their eyes are bigger than their stomachs, and asked Bobo are you sure you going to eat all that on that plate? wink
Bobo said, ‘Of course, I’m starving,’ and went to sit down in the corner of the room to eat. Kai and Kilu in turn picked their potions of the food and went to sit on one of the seats 'to eat together
Kilu asked, What is this white kind of fluffy smash is it? tasts wonderful'
Flower explained, That is potatoes, they are grown somewhere in a colder country. After they had eaten and tested all the different types of foods were full and Kilu said ‘I could not eat another portion I’m full to busting.’
‘Me too.’ Said Kai.

Down for the night

Kamali said, since time is getting on and you all need to be awake and alert for your tasks ahead for the dawn will need your rest so my children that is the fairies will show you to your rooms. The fairies and the one who was all in blue told them her name was Bluebell and the fairy dressed in pink was named Pinkie and the fairy who was in red was called Rose and there were some male fairies a male in black called himself black-orchard and another male fairy called himself sprite as he preferred that been a boy fairy and hated been called a fairy as that was only for girls he explained. He was only age 12. The other female fairies use to tease him about this. Each member had rooms so chosen to their liking as they had them like their own homes in the huts they lived in, but was more cosy and added luxuries than what they were use to back home, Kai after exploring her room suddenly felt homesick and started to cry cry and then Kilu saw Kai was a bit upset and asked her what was wrong? frown
Kai said, ‘Oh it’s nothing, the room reminded me of home, the smalls that little objects that reminded me of home, I’m just been silly I know.’ smile
‘Your not been silly, we all feel like that from time to time it’s natural.’
‘Thank you, your a comfort, I don’t think I would have come on this journey without you, and I’m grateful.’ smile
‘Don’t mention it I’m grateful too.’ smile Kilu said
‘I wonder what the tasks are tomorrow.’ Kai wondered.
‘We have to wait and see now you need your rest and I leave now, sure you be alright?’ Kilu asked.
‘Of course, just go now’ grin said Kai
Now we leave them.

To be continued

#179534 - 12/08/08 05:33 PM Re: In search of the Island of Peals [Re: Annthewhofan]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 24

The Tasks

The following day after getting up and want to the hall to eat breakfast, which some had honey on some fruit and some had coconuts with honey. As like the dinner the day before had plenty to choose from and they had fruit juice that the chefs had made.

After breakfast Kamali and Flower called them into a small room that was like an office of a place to do researching in. Some of the stuff littered round the room was things the tribe had never seen or recognised, however they could guess what they where used for and most of it was from scientific research. Kamali and Flower explained what was forewarning dander to their island. The ocean was and each season the part of the island gets covered in sea water as the ocean is claiming the land back. And Kamali said that in another hundred year’s time the island will be sunk at the bottom of the ocean. That they had to find a way to stop this from happening would need to build a protection field and to stop the island from sinking.

As Kai was a scientist was given a task to find a way to protect the island and they needed to build a protective wall against the strong tides this was going to be a tough task but as she was a master in everything and, with the help of Tuna would soon research the right materials that was needed. Kilu could not start work yet on building a dam that would hold the seas back, so helped on researching. Some of the fairies also did researching and there were master scientist amongst the fairies. Kai was surprised that she did not think fairies did work like humans. Flower explained, ‘We fairies have always worked and we don’t always use magic, after all have you always wondered why gardens are always beautiful, yes I admit some flowers are help by magic, but we have our fairy gardeners that tend to the flowers by planting the seeds and feeding them plant food and watering them. If one uses magic to make the plants grow all the time, would make the plants lazy and keep relying on magic.’ ‘I did not know that.’ Kai said.
Kilu said, ‘Yes I bet there are a lot of things you don’t know.’
Kai said, yea your right, but then if you knew everything, then learning would not be fun any more.’ grin

In the meantime the children was given the task of looking out for 3 stars a rare star that was made of gold was needed to use as magic to use on the materials to give it the power stopping the sea from claiming the island. However the gold star would not work until the other 2 stars which were silver and bronze stars. The bronze star was easy to find as it was more common and the Silver Star was the uncommon. The children found many bronze stars that they took to the research hut and the scientists put them to buying materials. Therefore adding a 100 tech points. Kai when she looked what she needed to get construction was at least 8000pts to buy. Then little Paima found the uncommon silver star and that went with the bronze. Paima was keen to find this very rare gold star and searched every nuke and cranny on the island. It failed to turn up and Paima was disappointed at not finding it.

Bobo and Kon were given the task to clear parts of the island where the wall would be. The materials use to build the wall would be covered in magic star dust, once the gold star is found or discovered. This star would have to be found as soon as possible.
Paima after looking for the gold star along with her friends Bobo and the boy fairy called sprite, who hated was called a fairy. After searching for it long and hard was disappointed by the end of the day of not finding it. They told flower that they had failed in their task at finding the gold star. ‘We are sorry we did not find the gold star, and it is dark now.’
Flower said. You have not failed me you have done well at finding the first two which are equally important. She explained why that it could not be found, It only appears in a certain places and only appears as a golden sunbeam shines on any part of the island and as it been no clouds in the sky for the golden sunbeams to happen may make it appear.’
Paima said you mean it got to be a cloudy day before it appears.’
‘Yes and we don’t get many cloudy days and that’s why it is very rare gold star.’ Flower said.
‘It might be cloudy to morrow.’ Bobo said.
‘Mommy use to rain dance and made the clouds appear I could ask mommy to rain dance,’ Explained Paima.
‘She could, will that is a magical dance if it is done properly and you would need a chief to make it work. Flower said.
Kilu had just joined them after working hard at researching and heard what they been talking about and told them about the TC where he use to live at the north shore and he would lead to do a weather dance with three farmers following his lead.
What we need is not the rain but something like to make the clouds to appear, but at the moment there was still time as they had one Isola year before the tasks to be completed. And so the team had a lot to do in a so short a time and they believed they would do it as they had already had half the tech points to buy the construction materials. But will the clouds appear in time to make the gold sunbeams for the gold star to appear.

To be continued

#179976 - 12/15/08 04:22 PM Re: In search of the Island of Peals [Re: Annthewhofan]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 25

The scientists had fully researched for construction and had bought enough materials to build a wall round the island. Kai wondered how they would get access confused to the ocean if a wall was all round. Flower explained that, once they find the golden star, the wall would be invisible and it well be as if there was no wall at all. It will stop the high waves and the bad weather from destroying the island like an invisible force field. It will not stop you or any one coming or going, as the access well be not a problem. Until then the wall would only be just a wall.

Bobo and Paima kept looking at the skies to see of any sign of the clouds and the sky was still very clear. There were a lot of the other stars found and even found mushrooms.

It took one Isola year to construct the wall and the wall stood like a magnificent fortress against any other threat, but not the weather, as there had been no clouds in the skies and the islanders had no hope that the island would be saved. Until Bobo came running over saying look I can see clouds and the islanders all looked at the sky saying, ‘Where?’
‘Over there behind you!’
They looked behind them and sure enough just on the horizon could just see some clouds. As they watched more clouds formed and moved towards the island. ‘Quick children get ready to see where the golden star might show.’ Kai said elatedly the children did not need to be asked twice as they ran off searching all over the island.
Flower said you got to wait until the clouds cover the island and will have to look for the sunbeam that peeps though the clouds. Then the star can be located. But be warned, it got to be located before the rains come or it will be too late and it might be a long time before it is found again. Then it might be too late. eek

To be continued

#181669 - 01/16/09 06:38 PM Re: In search of the Island of Peals [Re: Annthewhofan]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 26

In search of the golden star

The children search all round the island for the star and also the adults also tried to find it, before the rains came. Then the group of villagers noticed that it was beginning to rain and needed to find it fast before the rain fell harder. Paima then saw a beam of light peeping through the clouds and she ran towards the beam. Then she noticed something shining in the sand and want to investigate to see what it was. What she saw in the long grass a golden point sticking out of the sand and the rest was buried. Paima dig into the sand and recovered the buried item and discovered it was the golden star, just in the nick of time when the rains started to fall heavy. Paima ran to tell the others excitedly telling them she had found the golden star that had been buried in the sand. Paima was jumping up and down with excitement, saying, laugh ‘I found it, I found it, the golden star’ laugh The golden star was much larger than the other stars,
Flower said, Well done Paima now we must work fast as we don’t have much time, come this way. Bring the bronze and the silver stars from the science hut and the two children ran to the hut Paima got the silver star and Bobo got the bronze star and followed Flower.
The small tribe with all the fairies followed Flower and she took them to a room they had never noticed before. Flower went over to a wall and took down a rainbow coloured type wand that had 3 slots that were star shaped. Flower asked the children to hand her the stars, first she took the bronze star from Bobo and put it in the left slot that was made special for it, and then she took the silver and put it in the right slot. Then she finely put the golden star in between the bronze and silver. At this point the stars give off a glittery light that sparkled in the light and it seemed to have a light of it’s own.
Flower said, ‘We must get to the most southern part of the island for it to work and we must do it before the rains stops come quickly, as they followed Flower, the rain seemed to be lessening and they had to hurry. Then Flower as she chanted the magic words in Latin (Lithuanian: Translated on google could not get Latin)as she pointed the wand at the centre of the wall:

I pieprasīt vētras par okeāna uzturēties bay kā es izmantotu šo rīku, lai saglabātu šo salu droša no kaitējuma

As soon as Flower said these words astonishing thing happened. First they felt the ground beneath their feet seemed to vibrate and move. Then as they watched the walls seemed to melt away and the land and the beach seemed to grow bigger as the tides moved out as if the land was reclaiming it’s land from the seas. The rains stopped and the sun came out. The land that was shrinking was once again whole. The tribe could see for miles and miles. Yet it was so vast could only see so far as it disappear into the horizon.
‘Wow’ said Kon, I did not realised your land was so vast’.
‘Yes’ said Flower. The seas have claimed our land for many years, now we have claimed it back, with your help and with out your help none of this would be possible. Flower added. It is your land as will as ours, you are welcome to live here and to bring up your children.
But where would we live as we cannot intrude on you any longer’. said Kai.
We will show you some parts of our land where you would like to live and stay’. Flower and Kamali took them on a tour of the land and the small tribe choose the southeast part of the land to live. They soon settled down. There were huts to build and they needed food which there was plenty of fruit trees and the farmers fished. Kai and Kali had many more children before they reach 50 They even had three set of triplets and two set of twins. When Paima turned 18 she married Bobo and had many children of her own. The population over many Isola years grew very large and soon many moved to other parts of the land that where given to them to live.

The end

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter