If you want to post a short, one chapter story, but don't want to create a whole new topic, then post it here. It can be anything from sad to romantic unsuitable text removed by moderator['i]. Just remember, one chapter only or everything will get mixed up.

I have a story about the first runner in my tribe, his name was Tui. \:\)

The Long Story Of Tui
Tui was born from Minga and Bico. He had brown hair in a green band, and wore a clean white shirt with an aquamarine stripe through the middle. Tui was his given name, by the tribe, not me.

When he was a child, he was like any other village kid. He ran around, played, and collected mushrooms. I never realised that he was a runner until his 14th birthday. Given that he was my first runner in the tribe, I was absolutely thrilled. I began ticking off activities that he could do. He could get wood, gather herbs, build....the list was endless! Eventually, Tui became a master builder and was a major help to the construction of the statue.

I used Tui for many things. Whenever I needed someone to do the Alchemy, I went around the village searching for that boy. He had a habit of disappearing, and quite a few times I mistook him for a village child! Tui helped with the statue, he helped with the pearl, he made potions, had lots of children and kept the fire going for a long time.

When Tui became age 37, he was definitely my favourite. There were no other villagers like him. Nobody else who would run. I stayed with Tui by my side for ages. We were always helping the tribe, and I never forgot to check on him. I really wanted to keep track of his family, so I made his childrens last name, Tui.

One day, when I turned on Virtual Villagers 3, I discovered that Tui was elderly. He was a master in every skill except Healing. I had a rule in my nature tribe that no elderly villager was able to work. I decided to let Tui roam free, relax in the bath and do his laundry. That day, the graveyard filled up. I knew that Tui would never have a proper grave, and that made me sad.

Tui got older and older. I began to love him even more, and was dreading the day that his time on Isola would pass. I tried everything to get him to live longer, but he took his time, and eventually disappeared from the tribe. I was very sad that day, and got the tribal chief to bury him.

Something happened that was even worse though, and I knew he didn't deserve it. When the chief was on his way to the graveyard with Tui's body, I accidentally picked him up. Tui's body was lost in the village sand. Every day I think about Tui, and how his name is not on a tombstone, nor the roster of the dead. It's kind of like he never existed. Here is the only memorial Tui will ever get:

Name: Tui
Job: Esteemed Elder

True story, by Becca.
================================================================
Oh my goodness, that was so touching. UI think I would want to add one, too \:\)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Sea, the Sun, and Hakea Love
By Isolayan
I am Hakea Love, from the Shore of Beginnings. My friend, Hiji Fire, has been what I believe is the love of my life. How was I wrong!
Hiji and I were chosen by the tribe elders to explore the cave by the northeast corner. As we went through the vines, we slipped and fell. I would remember that always. I was falling, and I had this unbearable feeling in my stomach, the dreaded feeling of dying. Hiji was falling besides me. I yelled I love you, but the roar of the waterfall was so loud, I didn't even hear myself.
We landed in a pool of clear blue cold water. What joy to be alive. As we got out, five other children had crowded close to the lagoon. They were, from oldest to youngest, Mali Water, Lala Song, Yap Land, Thema Heart, and Atepa Run. I helped Mali to research, then I went to build. Hiji went to farm in the ocean. A few days later, Lala joined him.

I thought, that after I finished working on that dumb hut, which I thought it would be for Hiji and me, that I could be free for Hiji to love. I started to work on the hut by the woodpile because I knew it would be a matter of time that Mali and Thema would marry. They did married, but it would be a long time before they had their first and only child.

When lala was about 21, Hiji married her and soon, she had their first child, Tamil. I was upset. What was I, black hair straight t0o my shoulders, two silver hoop earrings on, besides Lala, dark blond coiled around her ears, big blue eyes. Thema named her son Hokou
, after me. I had been like a mother to her.

I worked on the dam alone. Mali and Thema tried to help, but they were powerless in the art of building. Atepa and Yap married, and Chip was named two years later. And all that time, I thought, Hiji would come back to me. What a turn of events! We were hardly friends anymore.

Hiji and Lala had their second and last child, Bindi. The weird thing is that Bindi and Tamil both had red hair, different shades, but red hair. Atepa and Yap had their second child, Kuruk. Lala works on building the sewing hut, while Mali, Thema, Yap, and Hokou worked on farming. Atepa worked in researched. We have discovered the overgrown gong piece, made a fire, and found all the herbs. One day, late in my life, Tamil approached me. [i]he
wanted to marry me! hiji's son! I refused. I was 51. I no longer wanted love, I had another kind.

9 isolan years later, I was dead. Hiji died a few yeqars later, right beside me. I wonder what life woul;d have been like if he had loved me more than a friend.
============================================================================
Hey! This is a SWELL idea! Thanks for thinking it up Becca! Here's one for the thread that goes waaayyy back to VV1!:

Little Aiku saves the day.
By Rockmower

I'm Aiku, and I'm only 4 years old. When I was two years old, Something happened, I'm not sure what, but suddenly my Mommy and Daddy grabbed me and ran to the sea. They threw me on a raft with some other people I don't know, and that's about all I remember.

Well, except I do remember being really hot and thirsty for a long time, and then last year we landed here on this island. I thought it was cool, because I could run around again which I couldn't do on the raft and I kept getting in trouble when I tried because everyone was afraid I'd fall into the ocean and stuff.

Anyway when we landed, one of the grownups found a well but it had a lid on it, and no one knew how to open it. I remembered that my Daddy who used hammers and stuff on our old home was called a builder, but Daddy didn't make it here with us. I don't know why, I just know I went to sleep on the raft and when I woke up everyone was crying and Daddy wasn't there anymore.

Well anyway, everyone was really thirsty, and there was a little trickle of water from a stream here, but it wasn't much and we had to take turns drinking, and sometimes it would go dry for hours at a time.

Some of the grownups found a berry bush, and some big bowls to carry berries in, but I was too small to help with that. Others found a long table, and started trying to figure stuff out which they called "researching" but I think was just being lazy!

Every day we would go to the spring and stand in line to get a drink. Since I was smallest, I was always last, and sometimes I'd have to wait 1/2 the day to get enough water. Every day, I'd think about that well and how nice it would be if we could just get that lid off.

One night I had a dream about Daddy. He was working on a building back on our old home, and I saw he was using a long pole on some kind of round thing to move big rocks. Now we didn't have anything like that here, but we did have some big rocks.

I thought about this for days and days, and one day while waiting to get a drink, I saw a pole about as long as me. There was a big rock that was blocking part of the crack where the water ran out and one a little smaller close to it.

"Hmm" I thought. What if I put this pole over this rock and under that rock and push down like Daddy was doing in his dream?
Well I tried it, and you know what? That big rock actually moved!

I got all excited, and started trying to drag a rock close to the well, cause now I had an idea! I couldn't drag the rock and I tried to get the grownups to help, but they were all too busy,
and kept telling me to go find mushrooms or something.

Bobby who was 14 now and didn't yet know what he was going to do was walking around the village looking for work. I pestered him and pestered him to come help me. Finally he asked if he helped me, would I leave him alone for the rest of the week? I said ok, so he came and carried the rock to the well for me.

Then I made him carry a big stick as long as he was to the well.
When he had done this, I showed him how to wedge it under the lid and over the rock and push down. Well before you know it, that lid popped right off that old well and Bobby let out such a shout the whole village came running!

They got all excited and started dancing and congratulating Bobby and said he was know the tribes Builder! Bobby was very pleased, but then he saw me and told the others: "I may be the new builder, but the real credit goes to Little Aiku. He's the one who figured this out, and I bet he will grow up to be a Master Builder just like his Daddy was."
============================================================================
Me, the Pixel
By Wisegirl
My name is Molo. I have sevral children, don't know whose the mother. Of course. I have no choice. Th guiding hand told me to. I fish. I eat. I farm. I research. Sometimes, I try to be rebellious by not working. It doesn't work. The guiding hand gets mad and puts me back. I have no time to think. I have to just survive, be a father, and then die with no grave. Just be buried because all the good spots are full. Watch others get picked by the guiding hand to ring the Gong of Wonder. Day by day, no sleep, no dark. I am Molo, another pixel. We have uncovered everything. We have more than enough. We don't get the excitement of uncovering something. Except for the Gong of Wonder. And those awful events. This is the second time we have a barrel of babies. Like we need them. Children play a bit, but don't do much. I'm just another pixel, named Molo. At least I wasn't renamed Booger.

To comment on this story, click here.

Edited by LadyCFII (08/09/08 04:15 AM)