Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 101 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#162740 - 07/11/08 02:59 AM [SPOILERS] I'm A bad guiding hand because......
mosesmom Offline
Trainee

I'm A bad guiding hand because..... I keep letting the fire go out. And i don't train the people who slack off. And i let them live without a chief until i notice it. anyone else?

Edited by LadyCFII (07/11/08 01:19 PM)

#162742 - 07/11/08 03:14 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: mosesmom]
Rusty55 Offline
Expert

Loc: Not here, Not there, I WILL NO...
im bad guiding hand because i killed 2 tribes

#162745 - 07/11/08 03:30 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Rusty55]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Loc: Right behind you.
I'm a bad guiding hand because I installed a plank on the cliff over the hungry sharks. "Don't want to work? You could always walk the plank instead!"

#162749 - 07/11/08 03:42 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Lurkily]
mosesmom Offline
Trainee

Ha Ha Lurkiy you made me laugh. And I need to laugh.. Thank you

#162750 - 07/11/08 04:07 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: mosesmom]
NanaJ Offline

Lurkily, that would have made a GREAT cartoon!

#162768 - 07/11/08 06:14 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: NanaJ]
Becca123 Offline
Guru

Loc: In a happy place =D
I am a bad guiding hand because I make elderly villagers work, accidentally pick up villagers who are carrying things, burn people on the hot gem in the fire, and rename ugly villagers to suit their clothing!! How mean am I? \:D

#162770 - 07/11/08 06:26 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Becca123]
Tuna Puzzler Offline
Consigliere

Loc: CA, USA
I'm bad because I like to make villagers do the things they dislike, to see them running away.

I also hold swimming races, which is really fun. You take a few villagers, pause the game, and drop them in the water right where the top of the path is. Then they race to get out before the sharks eat them.

#162783 - 07/11/08 11:09 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: NanaJ]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Originally Posted By: NanaJ
Lurkily, that would have made a GREAT cartoon!
It's in the works. I just have other projects. Some textures for C.Lupus over at the GPGnet forum, ( check [url=http://lurkily.deviantart.com/art/Brushed-copper-91173120] this out; I think it turned out great! ) then I have a new avatar t to make myself, then I told someone else I'd do an avatar, and I'm slacking. I also have a 'zombie villager' animation to do, in honor of the 'zombie tribe of running JoATs' hoax I posted a while ago. Meh.

Too many toys to make, not enough time.

#162787 - 07/11/08 12:29 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Lurkily]
bodeia Offline
Trainee

I'm bad because I'm a hard task master al my viagers must be at least trainee in three areas and I wont tolerate slackers (disike work/learning) I bully them until they learn at least one skill but if they insist on being slackers it's of to the alchemy lab!!!!

#162808 - 07/11/08 02:54 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: bodeia]
VVFanatic Offline
Guru

Loc: Texas
I am a bad guiding hand because I go away for a long time & forget to pause my game by the time I get back all my villagers are starving poor villagers

VF2 -80%

#162812 - 07/11/08 03:15 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: VVFanatic]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

Loc: jazzothegreat.com
I am a bad guiding hand because sometimes I have a villager taste a stew that has green smoke because I want to see what happens \:\(

#162813 - 07/11/08 03:17 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: VVFanatic]
colourmehappy Offline
Master

Loc: Portugal
Sorry to break the cycle! but I'm good to my villagers cos I love 'em! \:\)

#162842 - 07/11/08 05:58 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: colourmehappy]
Isolayan Offline
Expert

Loc: On the computer!
I'm a bad guiding hand because I gave my least fvorite villager a potion that wiped his health out. He died before I could help him (the guilt was eating me alive!). Also, I like to est potions with this one villager. And another villager has alchemy and children in her dislike section. Well, she is my new potion maker and she is nursing her first child..........what else? I make my villagers walk around the graveyard once a day and tell them "This is going to happen to you if you don't work. But you still are going to end up here." And I'm strict to get them back to work. If they put a foot out of the alchemy lab, I already have a potion brewing to get them to work faster......what else?

#162867 - 07/11/08 07:52 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Isolayan]
Bowl Wheeevil Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere.
I'm a bad guiding hand because I put my villagers in the water with sharks to see them run.

#162876 - 07/11/08 08:14 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Bowl Wheeevil]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Northwest, England
I am a bad guiding hand, I make them all fish even those that dislike fish when I had a bad event that took all the food.

#162882 - 07/11/08 08:34 PM Re: [SPOILERS] I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: mosesmom]
TeenMary Offline
Trainee

Think you're bad guiding hands?Talk about labour!

Attachments
4774-VillagersWorking.jpg (393 downloads)

#162917 - 07/11/08 11:24 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Tuna Puzzler]
LadyRonin Offline
Trainee

Loc: Dru'gotti Tribe, Isola Isle
Originally Posted By: Tuna Puzzler

I also hold swimming races, which is really fun. You take a few villagers, pause the game, and drop them in the water right where the top of the path is. Then they race to get out before the sharks eat them.

LOL Now I have a NEW hobby! Thanks for the idea... buwahahahaha!

I'm a bad guiding hand because I yell at my villagers when they don't learn.. and I pick them up and drop them on task over and over and over, even when it says they improved, just to get them to learn faster!

#162922 - 07/12/08 12:30 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: LadyRonin]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

I'm a bad guiding hand because... I think these are down-right funny!! ROTFL! \:D

Ok seriously now, when I get really really upset with a villager I pick him up and shake him. And sometimes, I carry him all around the island to look at all the villagers who are doing what I want them to do.
You know, it never phases the little guys at all, but it makes me feel better.
Sometimes that's followed by a little GH pat on the back and an encouraging speech something like, "Now let's see if we can be a little more productive this time, hmm." \:D

#162928 - 07/12/08 01:02 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: HappyPlayer]
Britney Offline
Master

Loc: Tumblr
I stew my fellow villagers.

#162929 - 07/12/08 01:16 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Britney]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: One of the thirteen colonies
I'm a bad guiding hand because I never punish my villagers

Edited by LadyCFII (07/12/08 02:56 AM)

#162931 - 07/12/08 01:29 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Britney]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Originally Posted By: Britney
I stew my fellow villagers.

Do you mean that you feed them the stew, or you make your villagers into stew and eat them?

#162932 - 07/12/08 01:36 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: HappyPlayer]
Britney Offline
Master

Loc: Tumblr
I feed them the stew.

#162936 - 07/12/08 02:08 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Britney]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

I thought you meant it the other way, too . . . . . . . . .

#162938 - 07/12/08 02:12 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Annthewhofan]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Originally Posted By: Annthewhofan
I am a bad guiding hand, I make them all fish even those that dislike fish when I had a bad event that took all the food.

Wow. How'd you manage that?! I thought if a villager had a dislike such as fish or water, and you tried to make them do that task they would just run off and say NO! I never knew you could (gasp) FORCE them (oh the shame) to do a task they had a dislike for.

By the way, I'm not a guiding hand good or bad. I just give the whole mess to ROM to deal with!

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#162941 - 07/12/08 02:27 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Rockmower]
LadyRonin Offline
Trainee

Loc: Dru'gotti Tribe, Isola Isle
Originally Posted By: Rockmower

Wow. How'd you manage that?! I thought if a villager had a dislike such as fish or water, and you tried to make them do that task they would just run off and say NO! I never knew you could (gasp) FORCE them (oh the shame) to do a task they had a dislike for.

Actually Rock, I have had Master Farmers.. who hated fishing... they would fish... sometimes... but they managed to become a Master Farmer... sometimes though, they just start running away... like three or four times.. then they actually fish!

#162946 - 07/12/08 02:55 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: LadyRonin]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Same here.

#162947 - 07/12/08 03:11 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: LadyRonin]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Originally Posted By: LadyRonin

Actually Rock, I have had Master Farmers.. who hated fishing... they would fish... sometimes... but they managed to become a Master Farmer... sometimes though, they just start running away... like three or four times.. then they actually fish!

I don't know about that, but back in VV2, I would get villagers who didn't like Turnips. I found out that if I dropped them on the other side of the crop they would farm anyway.

#162950 - 07/12/08 04:03 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: HappyPlayer]
Animegirl8 Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Hiding... no one will ever fin...
I'm a bad guideing hand because if a villager is slacking, if that villager is a mom or a dad, I would take one of their kids below 14 and put them somewhere they couldn't escape, (I haven't found that place in VV3 yet.) to get the kid back that one person, well, here is a list....

Buliders Punishment:
-The vilager must bulid a hut on his/her own to get their kids back. They are on a time limit, so its ethier work, or their kids die.

Farmers Punishent:
-A trainie must become an adept.
-A adept must become a master
-A master must become adept in a new skill.

Healers Punishment:
-Same as farmers punishments.
OR:
-Must sick people FOREVER on his/her own.
-Must drink the green stew.
-must swim with the sharks.

Breeders Punishment:
-Is forced to be paired with the uglist villager.

Reserchers Punishment:
-Must work until sick.
-Must make alcemy potions until one explodes.

PUNISHMENT FOR SLACKERS THAT REFUSE TO WORK:
-STEW! >:D
-BOOM!!! >:D (potions)
-SWIM WITH SHARKS! >:D
-R.I.P (DEATH)

Those are my punishments, aren't I cruel? >:D

#162953 - 07/12/08 04:33 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Animegirl8]
Dabu tribe Offline
Adviser

Loc: Oregon
Actually, yes. I'm not even with the groups that want to "perpetuate cruelty to villagers" or the ones that want to prevent it either.

#162994 - 07/12/08 12:43 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Dabu tribe]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Originally Posted By: Dabu tribe
Actually, yes. I'm not even with the groups that want to "perpetuate cruelty to villagers" or the ones that want to prevent it either.
Um . . . meaning unclear. Yes what?

#163032 - 07/12/08 06:50 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Lurkily]
Isolayan Offline
Expert

Did I say that one of my villager that I dislike the most has been through: four explosions, two health taker potions, five swims with the sharks, three times stuck in one place as he watches his kid suffer, get stuck on the lift three times, and force to work in everything without anybreaks overtime, and he still won't DIE!!!! Anybody else with cruelty...........I have also been taking up with the shark races too.....

#163046 - 07/12/08 09:02 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Isolayan]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Shark racing: My new hobby.

Edited by LadyCFII (07/12/08 09:12 PM)

#163110 - 07/13/08 06:06 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Lurkily]
Dabu tribe Offline
Adviser

Loc: Oregon
Yes to Animegirl8 who asked if she was cruel.

#164202 - 07/19/08 09:18 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: halidog]
williamani Offline
Consigliere

Loc: I am now here.
no! dont be bad guiding hands! before you now it they are dead!
i dont want them to die

#164206 - 07/19/08 09:46 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: HappyPlayer]
williamani Offline
Consigliere

Originally Posted By: HappyPlayer
Originally Posted By: LadyRonin

I don't know about that, but back in VV2, I would get villagers who didn't like Turnips. I found out that if I dropped them on the other side of the crop they would farm anyway.
yes you are right! i tought it would not but it is true!

#165341 - 07/25/08 08:52 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: williamani]
Miss Monkey Girl Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Home
I'm a bad guiding hand because I can't aleays keep my villagers alive.

#165351 - 07/25/08 09:19 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Miss Monkey Girl]
williamani Offline
Consigliere

that is not a bad guiding hand i think.

#165373 - 07/25/08 11:09 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: williamani]
Miss Monkey Girl Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Home
Purposley don't keep them alive, sometimes, ok, maybe all the time...

#165379 - 07/25/08 11:33 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Miss Monkey Girl]
Becca123 Offline
Guru

I am a bad guiding hand because I am slowly gathering cruel ideas to do to my most disliked villager, from this topic!!
Nah, just kidding. I'm not a cruel kind of person. \:\)

#165383 - 07/26/08 12:04 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: halidog]
elizabeths184 Offline
Expert

Loc: england
I have a tribe with almost a full graveyard of people who died of "starvation" or "disease" - it was the old 3 Orchids trick *does Evil laugh muhahahahhaaaaaaa*

#165391 - 07/26/08 01:45 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Rusty55]
Plumblossum Offline

Loc: USA
I beat u Hushpuppie, I killed off several tribes b4 finding out about the pause button, lol. I am also a bad guidng hand because I willl work my villagers until they finish the task at hand w/o allowing them to eat, drink or relax until the building, farming, etc. job is finished.

This is my 1st post, yes, I'm addicted to VV too.

#165411 - 07/26/08 03:11 AM Re: [SPOILERS] I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: mosesmom]
mosesmom Offline
Trainee

Hey, stuff happens.. not on purpose.... of course!

#165449 - 07/26/08 11:31 AM Re: [SPOILERS] I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Plumblossum]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Originally Posted By: Plumblossum
I beat u Hushpuppie, I killed off several tribes b4 finding out about the pause button, lol.
Umm . . . I'm pretty sure this is not supposed to be a point of pride.

#165455 - 07/26/08 11:55 AM Re: [SPOILERS] I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Lurkily]
Tuna Puzzler Offline
Consigliere

It seems I have a bad habit of forgetting about tribes I start. I did it again! I can't even think of when I started this one. Poor villagers. It looks like I got them started with the honey and trees... and I can't remember when I did any of it. I must be playing in my sleep or something.

#165709 - 07/28/08 04:22 AM Re: [SPOILERS] I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Tuna Puzzler]
bethlham Offline
Guru

Well, I don't really think this is bad but I have been called a bad guiding hand for having a superficial form of "natural" selection and removing unappealling villagers from the tribe...there's a ceremony of sorts and the villager is told the tribe and the GH has spoken. Those who remain are dressed in job specific clothing uniforms. I have been told this is somewhat tyrannical and homogenized.

I also won't let farmers out of the water until they are trainees, they just have to drop the fish and go right back in. I tell them they can't come out until the skill level is up.

I'm also a bad guiding hand because I use a variety of unappealling test subjects \:\? to find the most time efficient method of demise.

Other than these occasional practices, I am a very loving GH and am very proud of the tribes outcomes. They are rewarded for all their effort and sacrifice and free to roam and bathe as they please. \:\)

I hadn't thought about shark racing but it would be nice if the winner gained building skill like exercise.

#165725 - 07/28/08 06:23 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: halidog]
lukerduker123 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Texas
I am bad because I ran to get a sandwich and when I got back my chief died. Good ridance I say

#165763 - 07/28/08 04:57 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: VVFanatic]
Isolayan Offline
Expert

I am a bad guiding hand because in VV2 I found a place to put the kids so they can't leave. I keep them there whenever I need them \:D If you want to know where its HIGHLIGHT:It's a bit of rock where you can place the kids. By the upper right corner of the lagoon. They can't cross the lagoon. They just move around a bit, but their stuck there.END HIGHLIGHT.

#165769 - 07/28/08 05:29 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: VVFanatic]
Joine The Great Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Florida
I'm a bad guiding hand cause cause.. i make my villager * looks around* get a drink alot...

#165779 - 07/28/08 06:58 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Joine The Great]
tkdgrl223 Offline
Master

I'm a bad guilding hand because I've lost 10 tribes or more and only like blonde villagers.

#165784 - 07/28/08 07:38 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: tkdgrl223]
Isolayan Offline
Expert

I can be a bit cruel, but to kill several tribes and then laugh aboout it, that's just harsh. It's sort of a bit off scale, don't you think?

#165799 - 07/28/08 09:59 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Isolayan]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Depends on the context, Isolayan. Losing villages is laughable - it's basically laughing at yourself, after all. Laughing about not being able to succeed at Virtual Villagers or Sim City is not the same thing as laughing at yourself because you botched a surgery and lost the patient. It's a game, remember, just a game - no need for such seriousness.

Just because everybody dies at the end of the movie doesn't mean that it can't be a comedy, you know.

#165808 - 07/28/08 10:48 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Tuna Puzzler]
Gamemastr1 Offline
Graphics Wizard

That's funny... mean... but funny... lol

#165814 - 07/29/08 12:30 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Lurkily]
Tuna Puzzler Offline
Consigliere

Originally Posted By: Lurkily
Laughing about not being able to succeed at Virtual Villagers or Sim City

I laugh at myself all the time for that reason.

Every time I dust off the ol' Sim City, I end up rolling around on the floor, laughing and crying, while the city burns under a cloud of toxic fumes, the advisers have fits, and red messages fill the screen.

I stink soooooo bad at that game. I just can't stay in control. Once things start in a downward spiral, all I can do is watch helplessly. Eventually it all just burns to the ground.

A few weeks later I forget how bad I am and start a new city....

#165815 - 07/29/08 12:41 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Isolayan]
bethlham Offline
Guru

Originally Posted By: tkdgrl223
I'm a bad guilding hand because I've lost 10 tribes or more and only like blonde villagers.

Originally Posted By: Isolayan
I can be a bit cruel, but to kill several tribes and then laugh aboout it, that's just harsh. It's sort of a bit off scale, don't you think?

I'm not sure they were laughing...just stating. Maybe they were sighing sadly. Tone and intent can be easily confused in forums, yes? \:\)

#165816 - 07/29/08 12:45 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: bethlham]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Either laughing or sighing, I don't think it's of much consequence - I can't see myself getting too worked up about it either way.

#165828 - 07/29/08 01:15 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Lurkily]
Tuna Puzzler Offline
Consigliere

I can't see myself getting too worked up about it either way.

A sure sign of low self-esteem, Lurkily.

*nods head wisely*

;\)

#165944 - 07/29/08 08:01 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Tuna Puzzler]
tkdgrl223 Offline
Master

I was just stating that I lost 10 villages. Most to playing at 2x when I'm not going to check for hours, they were new villages, bc new village people died of stravtion and was left with boys and no event happened to bring girls.

Edited by tkdgrl223 (07/29/08 08:06 PM)

#166115 - 07/30/08 04:26 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: tkdgrl223]
Isolayan Offline
Expert

LOl, laughing at yourself. I've lost countless tribes. (okay maybe just like four, no wait five) and I: get mad at myself, then l;uagh, mope a bit, then get over it and try to find a tribe that suits my mood.

#166117 - 07/30/08 04:33 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Tuna Puzzler]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

I can't see myself getting too worked up about it either way.

A sure sign of low self-esteem, Lurkily.

*nods head wisely*

;\)
I think I am morally obliged to object to your blatant disregard of greater self-esteem issues. Your nitpicking at my self-esteem is in turn harmful to my self-esteem, which conversely boosts someone else's self esteem, who then gives me twenty dollars.

Although I'm talking utter nonsense, I demand that you explain yourself.

#166145 - 07/30/08 07:58 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Lurkily]
Tuna Puzzler Offline
Consigliere

Although I'm talking utter nonsense, I demand that you explain yourself.

I'm sorry, my understanding of self-esteem is incomplete at best. As you may know, I was about to find out quite a lot about it, but the thread was locked.

However, if you'll hop up on the couch here, I'll try to give you my best opinion.

You see, you are caught in a vicious cycle caused by your low self-esteem. You feel disconnected from the world, which manifests primarily as an inability to feel strong regard for the pixelated lives of little pixels. This is actually a cover for the "the sky is big, and I am small" syndrome, which is unfortunately very pronounced in your case. Afflicted as you are, you feel inclined to do nothing, rather than to do something, since doing something may result in failure and cause your self-esteem to suffer further. You have admitted to feeling nothing whether the pixels in your care thrive or die. This is clearly the result of your inadequacy complex. Your low self-esteem keeps you from seeing the one true way of living in harmony with pixels.

I will send you my bill.

#166147 - 07/30/08 08:05 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Tuna Puzzler]
Isolayan Offline
Expert

I won't say anything except let's just get back to being bad guiding hands. *runs and waits for something to happen*

#166154 - 07/30/08 08:28 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Tuna Puzzler]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Your low self-esteem keeps you from seeing the one true way of living in harmony with pixels.

I will send you my bill.
It could just be that I'm prejudiced against pixels.

Since you admit your understanding of self-esteem is incomplete at best, the check that is in the mail is an incomplete payment. At best.

#166255 - 07/31/08 02:43 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: elizabeths184]
Lailai Offline
Master

Loc: Ldw Forums
Builders punishment:
-Must fix huts for 20 times in a row
-No enjoying of bath for a week
-Test 3 stews

Farmers punishment:
-Must fish for 20 times in a row
-Test 3 stews

Researchers punishment:
-Must research for 20 times in a row
-Test 3 stews

Healers punishment:
-Will be sick
-Test 3 stews

Parenters punishment:
Moderator edit: Edited for content

Edited by Gamemastr1 (07/31/08 03:13 PM)

#166259 - 07/31/08 02:55 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Lailai]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Originally Posted By: Lailai
Builders punishment:
Farmers punishment:
Researchers punishment:
Healers punishment:
Parenters punishment:
Why does it look like these punish the guiding hand as much, and in some cases more than, the villager?

#166283 - 07/31/08 05:31 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Lurkily]
Isolayan Offline
Expert

Punishments sound like extra work to me 8\) But it all ends well with a pair of running feet \:D

#166468 - 08/01/08 10:01 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Isolayan]
williamani Offline
Consigliere

the only punishment i do is:
swim with the sharks
that is the only punishment i do, but it is not so much!

#166479 - 08/01/08 11:49 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: williamani]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Originally Posted By: williamani
the only punishment i do is:
swim with the sharks
that is the only punishment i do, but it is not so much!

#166523 - 08/02/08 03:52 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Plumblossum]
williamani Offline
Consigliere

argh, you both beat me. noone died in my tribe. and i have completed all the puzzles already!

#166659 - 08/04/08 02:38 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: VVFanatic]
hilliard4967 Offline

I'm a bad guiding hand cause I get impatient waiting for the tech points to add up so I can do something or waiting for the builders to finish a building so I can move them to the next task!

#166684 - 08/04/08 03:28 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: hilliard4967]
kittenangel2001 Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania
I'm a bad guiding hand cause I make all my women master parents after their prime.

#166968 - 08/06/08 07:38 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: kittenangel2001]
williamani Offline
Consigliere

master villager awards:
-they can do anything they want, but the time is limited.
-they are now allowed to do another skill.

but they have to do tasks:
farmer tasks:
a trainee must become a adept.
a adept must become a master.
help with puzzle 7.
healer tasks:
the same as farmer tasks.
OR
study all plants.
parent tasks:
same as farming.
OR
have a twin.
teach children.
builder tasks:
same as farming.
OR
build a hut.
build a dam.
build a hospital.
researcher tasks:
same as farming.
OR
research 50000 tech points. :P

Edited by williamani (08/06/08 07:40 PM)

#166971 - 08/06/08 09:03 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: williamani]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Originally Posted By: williamani
but they have to do tasks:
You know, I just tell my farmers to farm, my builders to build, by researchers to research, and so on. When they're masters, I hook them up with a new skill. When I want a puzzle worked on, I get the job started, and my skilled villagers finish it.

So many rules and regs! All I want to do is play a game!

#167030 - 08/07/08 07:45 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Lurkily]
williamani Offline
Consigliere

no, i do not even give one punishment to my villagers!
by the way, i dont wanna make it normal.

Edited by williamani (08/07/08 07:46 AM)

#167034 - 08/07/08 08:56 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Lurkily]
Becca123 Offline
Guru

You are definitely right there, Lurkily. Fullstop. It's funny to see how the game has evolved form being care free, to an island where elderly don't work, laundry is strictly forbidden, and the guiding hand can punish wrong-doing villagers! I think I am going to start a tribe where everyone can do what they want - wont that be a change!

#167053 - 08/07/08 01:01 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Becca123]
Lailai Offline
Master

So everyone will be worrying about food?

#167054 - 08/07/08 01:05 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Lailai]
Lailai Offline
Master

Heres how I do in a new tribe:

First, when everyone is adept at a skill, i switch until they are adept at farming, building, researching.

Now I let my villager choose what to do, but not worrying for food and just one person farm :P

Awards for villagers:
>First master in 3 skills:
Do anything you like for a day

>First master in 5 skills:
Do anything you like for 2 days

>First master in ANYTHING(5 AWARDS):
Do anything you like for 3 hours

>Random master I found:
Get a new cloth!

>Random villager that is a JOAT:
Do anything you like, forever!

Edited by Lailai (08/07/08 01:10 PM)

#167094 - 08/07/08 06:55 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Lailai]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Originally Posted By: Becca123
I think I am going to start a tribe where everyone can do what they want - wont that be a change!
Won't they all die? I mean, they don't have a single skill except building, at first.
Originally Posted By: Lailai
Heres how I do in a new tribe:
Isn't it more work to keep track of who's gaining skill, who's a master that hasn't been rewarded and who's been a master for months, etc etc? It's not like these things are easy to track.

I don't want playing a game to become more wearisome than going to work.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter