Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 105 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#165799 - 07/28/08 09:59 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Isolayan]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Loc: Right behind you.
Depends on the context, Isolayan. Losing villages is laughable - it's basically laughing at yourself, after all. Laughing about not being able to succeed at Virtual Villagers or Sim City is not the same thing as laughing at yourself because you botched a surgery and lost the patient. It's a game, remember, just a game - no need for such seriousness.

Just because everybody dies at the end of the movie doesn't mean that it can't be a comedy, you know.

#165808 - 07/28/08 10:48 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Tuna Puzzler]
Gamemastr1 Offline
Graphics Wizard

Originally Posted By: Tuna Puzzler
I also hold swimming races, which is really fun. You take a few villagers, pause the game, and drop them in the water right where the top of the path is. Then they race to get out before the sharks eat them.

That's funny... mean... but funny... lol

#165814 - 07/29/08 12:30 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Lurkily]
Tuna Puzzler Offline
Consigliere

Loc: CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Lurkily
Laughing about not being able to succeed at Virtual Villagers or Sim City

I laugh at myself all the time for that reason.

Every time I dust off the ol' Sim City, I end up rolling around on the floor, laughing and crying, while the city burns under a cloud of toxic fumes, the advisers have fits, and red messages fill the screen.

I stink soooooo bad at that game. I just can't stay in control. Once things start in a downward spiral, all I can do is watch helplessly. Eventually it all just burns to the ground.

A few weeks later I forget how bad I am and start a new city....

#165815 - 07/29/08 12:41 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Isolayan]
bethlham Offline
Guru

Originally Posted By: tkdgrl223
I'm a bad guilding hand because I've lost 10 tribes or more and only like blonde villagers.

Originally Posted By: Isolayan
I can be a bit cruel, but to kill several tribes and then laugh aboout it, that's just harsh. It's sort of a bit off scale, don't you think?

I'm not sure they were laughing...just stating. Maybe they were sighing sadly. Tone and intent can be easily confused in forums, yes? \:\)

#165816 - 07/29/08 12:45 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: bethlham]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Either laughing or sighing, I don't think it's of much consequence - I can't see myself getting too worked up about it either way.

#165828 - 07/29/08 01:15 AM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Lurkily]
Tuna Puzzler Offline
Consigliere

I can't see myself getting too worked up about it either way.

A sure sign of low self-esteem, Lurkily.

*nods head wisely*

;\)

#165944 - 07/29/08 08:01 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Tuna Puzzler]
tkdgrl223 Offline
Master

I was just stating that I lost 10 villages. Most to playing at 2x when I'm not going to check for hours, they were new villages, bc new village people died of stravtion and was left with boys and no event happened to bring girls.

Edited by tkdgrl223 (07/29/08 08:06 PM)

#166115 - 07/30/08 04:26 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: tkdgrl223]
Isolayan Offline
Expert

Loc: On the computer!
LOl, laughing at yourself. I've lost countless tribes. (okay maybe just like four, no wait five) and I: get mad at myself, then l;uagh, mope a bit, then get over it and try to find a tribe that suits my mood.

#166117 - 07/30/08 04:33 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Tuna Puzzler]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Originally Posted By: Tuna Puzzler
I can't see myself getting too worked up about it either way.

A sure sign of low self-esteem, Lurkily.

*nods head wisely*

;\)
I think I am morally obliged to object to your blatant disregard of greater self-esteem issues. Your nitpicking at my self-esteem is in turn harmful to my self-esteem, which conversely boosts someone else's self esteem, who then gives me twenty dollars.

Although I'm talking utter nonsense, I demand that you explain yourself.

#166145 - 07/30/08 07:58 PM Re: I'm A bad guiding hand because...... [Re: Lurkily]
Tuna Puzzler Offline
Consigliere

Although I'm talking utter nonsense, I demand that you explain yourself.

I'm sorry, my understanding of self-esteem is incomplete at best. As you may know, I was about to find out quite a lot about it, but the thread was locked.

However, if you'll hop up on the couch here, I'll try to give you my best opinion.

You see, you are caught in a vicious cycle caused by your low self-esteem. You feel disconnected from the world, which manifests primarily as an inability to feel strong regard for the pixelated lives of little pixels. This is actually a cover for the "the sky is big, and I am small" syndrome, which is unfortunately very pronounced in your case. Afflicted as you are, you feel inclined to do nothing, rather than to do something, since doing something may result in failure and cause your self-esteem to suffer further. You have admitted to feeling nothing whether the pixels in your care thrive or die. This is clearly the result of your inadequacy complex. Your low self-esteem keeps you from seeing the one true way of living in harmony with pixels.

I will send you my bill.

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter