Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 130 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#156438 - 06/10/08 05:51 PM Re: My villagers are dying!! What am I doing wrong [Re: arnie]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Loc: Right behind you.
I've managed with ten villagers before, forgetting to keep an eye on the woman with parenting skill.

The difference, perhaps, is that I don't have the inclination to mushroom-hunt; I leave them to their own devices, generally.

#159119 - 06/23/08 06:10 AM Re: My villagers are dying!! What am I doing wrong? [Re: MyVillagers]
FixingHut Offline

Originally Posted By: MyVillagers
Lol...this idea is crazy but it works if you you are running low of food:
Create magic food by the chief, then pause.Then the next day,contnue with the game and create more magic food and continue doing this.It will take long so be patient.
So if you run out of food, there will still be lots and lots of food left.Do remember to breed so the other generations can research.

I do this also I have 5 tribs I only have 1 going at a time. The others are on pause every day I have the chief creat Food
Spoiler Highlight The tribs with more leadership privaleges such as Teaching and pointing out collectables. I have the chief Lectar the children, or pointing out collectables
Then I put the Trib back on pause. I have one tribe with more than 4000 food points. I hope Big fish keeps this It dose not spoil the game for me.

Edited by FixingHut (06/23/08 06:12 AM)

#161021 - 07/02/08 04:41 PM Re: My villagers are dying!! What am I doing wrong? [Re: FixingHut]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Loc: Right behind you.
I usually use that trick only when a tribe is absolutely critical. It provides a food source that is practically infinite, but slows your progress in the game to almost zero, as well.

#162417 - 07/09/08 08:12 PM Re: My villagers are dying!! What am I doing wrong? [Re: Lurkily]
bodeia Offline
Trainee

It's always useful to check that none of the children can be chief as has happened in two fo my villages at teh beginning, this helped with food. If the chief isn't one of the children well I wait until I have the nursing mother release the first babe and check babe and her as she generally doesn't have any skills. If it isn't them then I wait until I have at least the orchard planted before trying the other adult, I actively hunt for mushrooms and if quick can drop two kids in quick succession to get two mushrooms, this aso works for collectabes. I also tend to play in normal time which is slower but works for me.

#163176 - 07/13/08 06:37 PM Re: My villagers are dying!! What am I doing wrong? [Re: bodeia]
pava Offline
Trainee

**Possible Spoiler Question**

When my adults do research, before long, they're all in a very weakened condition. I found one herb combination which helps a tiny bit, and the women partially recover while nursing a child; but is there something else that will help restore their health?

I've tried putting each in the healing area and placing my best hope for a healer on or near them. Except for the occasional embrace, the game seems to think they're trying to procreate rather than get well.

What am I missing? I've reached my safe population limit for now, so I can't send my top scientists into motherhood again. I need the research to reach the Medical Tech price, so I'm in a Catch-22.

I've read here for hours and can't find this answered elsewhere. Please help!

#163184 - 07/13/08 06:58 PM Re: My villagers are dying!! What am I doing wrong? [Re: pava]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
There are many causes for a villager to become weakened. They can be weakened by starvation, disease, on-the-job injuries, old age, and Island Events, to name a few. Some occupations are more hazardous than others (especially research and building), so moving them to a different job can help. Healers can only help a villager who is sick (check their details screen to be sure). Placing a healer on a weakened villager (who is not sick) will initiate an embrace.

The only way to get weakened villagers completely healthy again is to eliminate the cause of their deterioration (get more food, heal them, etc.) and allow them to rest and eat. Taking them to the food supply and repeatedly making them eat (at least 8-10 times) will improve their health, as will certain potions, but they will get better on their own as long as they don't suffer further damage to their health. The most important thing is to take care of whatever caused the weakness.

#163202 - 07/13/08 08:08 PM Re: My villagers are dying!! What am I doing wrong? [Re: LadyCFII]
pava Offline
Trainee

Thanks very much for the advice, Lady C! I guess I need to encourage them to wander the reef, "stop and smell the flowers." Since no one can do research while they're recovering strength, it looks like the children's work on collectibles is even more critical to reaching the next Tech purchase.

How do you know when they're hungry? - Thanks.

#163208 - 07/13/08 08:28 PM Re: My villagers are dying!! What am I doing wrong? [Re: pava]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
They will eat on their own as long as there is enough food, so you don't need to worry about an individual villager's hunger level. The main thing is to keep an adequate supply of food in the granary.

#163229 - 07/13/08 09:58 PM Re: My villagers are dying!! What am I doing wrong? [Re: pava]
colourmehappy Offline
Master

Loc: Portugal
If a scientist is week, swap them with a farmer. I find that really helps. \:\) \:\) \:\)

#163331 - 07/14/08 05:07 PM Re: My villagers are dying!! What am I doing wrong? [Re: colourmehappy]
Diversity Offline
Expert

Loc: Kentucky
I just discovered today something the tribal chief can do - I put the tribal chief on the lift when it was raining and he did pick up the fruit and take it to the food bin.

I wish he would at least do research! :-P
LOL

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter