Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 158 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#157944 - 06/17/08 10:50 PM [Mod]Painted Statue
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Loc: Right behind you.
LadyCFII's edit: New requests for statue color schemes are no longer being accepted. Please see Lurkily's post for more details. You can download a zip file containing all of the painted statue files that have been completed as of 6/27/08 by clicking here.

Well, you've seen bronze statue, pink statue, orange statue, psychadelic statue . . . well, not that one.

Well, here's a painted statue. You thought old statues were supposed to be like the sphinx, colorless and lifeless? Lemme tell ya, the sphinx was painted too, at one point, and so is this statue.

This is just a preview so far, because I need advice. Particularly, how do you like the color scheme? My girlfriend says the dress has too much yellow, but she just hates yellow. Also, what color should I recolor the necklace? It looks okay as is, but doesn't fit the color scheme - my girl says red, but I'm worried about over-redding it. I also have to adjust the color layers

What about the hair; is the icy-eyed blonde okay? I thought the hair should be black, but . . . I wanted more color here. Let me know what you think! If it sucks, slam me for it - I'm a big boy, I can handle it.

P.S.: I know that there's a fringe of yellow outside the lines on the left hip.

Edited by LadyCFII (06/27/08 01:17 PM)

#157947 - 06/17/08 10:56 PM Re: [Mod]Painted Statue [Re: Lurkily]
Bowl Wheeevil Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere.
Oooooooooo, That's really pretty. I love the choice of colors \:\)

#157976 - 06/18/08 01:02 AM Re: [Mod]Painted Statue [Re: Bowl Wheeevil]
HPVV Offline
Expert

Loc: Eastern Shore of Isola
Even though your girl hates yellow, I think that is the color the necklace should be. I don't particularly like yellow either but it goes nice with the red.

#157977 - 06/18/08 01:03 AM Re: [Mod]Painted Statue [Re: Bowl Wheeevil]
isla Offline
Consigliere

Very nice. I agree with your girlfriend that the necklace should be red.

#157987 - 06/18/08 02:50 AM Re: [Mod]Painted Statue [Re: isla]
Tuna Puzzler Offline
Consigliere

Loc: CA, USA
I think it's really great! I know how much work that was, since I did a painted statue myself. I like your color scheme. I'm not too fond of the necklace (I think it clashes), but that could also be because I don't like that color much. I'm not sure what you can do there, since if you make it yellow it will blend with the hair and earring, but if you make it red I think that really might be too much red.

The only thing I can point out is the eye. Laser eye! It looks too bright and glow-y. LOL

#157988 - 06/18/08 03:00 AM Re: [Mod]Painted Statue [Re: Tuna Puzzler]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Well, Tuna, that's one of the things I'm asking -- what color should it be? You see, I didn't color the necklace at all, because I didn't know what color it should be.

As for the eyes; I didn't want them to go TOTALLY unnoticed. I'll probably fade it down a little, but I want it clear that the eyes ARE colored.

Actually, this statue was a lot of work to start, but since I used adjustment layers, I should be able to make new versions with new color schemes easily. Once I'm done, I can take requests - any colors you like! New color schemes should be a matter of 10-15 minutes once the adjustment layers are all done.

#158069 - 06/18/08 05:55 PM Re: [Mod]Painted Statue [Re: Lurkily]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Mod complete! I had a little trouble, since the stock image is somewhat misaligned; I had to do some work figuring out how to re-align the placement of the image when it was represented in the game.

Click here or on the image to download:

My next step is asking for requests. I can adjust the color scheme relatively easily, so give me a color scheme. I have one request for a black paneled dress with a black necklace. These are the elements I can easily recolor:
  • Skin tone
  • Dress panels (I can recolor the red or yellow dress panels, but not individual panels, not without a lot of work)
  • Shirt/Cape/Armband-sleeve-thingy
  • Hair
  • Eyes
  • Headband
  • Flower petals
  • Flower . . . Ovule? The bulb in the middle.
  • Earrings
  • Necklace

I could recolor some of these elements separately (for instance, separate the shirt and armband, or armband and cape) into separate layers to color them differently, but I'll tell you now that I'm not going to do ten miles of work for this. If someone asks me to do every dress panel in a different color, they'll be learning to deal with disappointment.

#158103 - 06/18/08 07:58 PM Re: [Mod]Painted Statue [Re: Lurkily]
tiffi24 Offline

Loc: Pa, USA
Nice job!!!
I love the colors..seems pretty authentic to me!!
I am off to add this!!

#158108 - 06/18/08 08:18 PM Re: [Mod]Painted Statue [Re: Lurkily]
HPVV Offline
Expert

Loc: Eastern Shore of Isola
I have a request. It's basically your design but dark blue for your red and light blue for your yellow, Only difference is the necklace and headband with flower.I also like your skin tone, but would like the hair to be same color as skin. I have a picture I did in paint to give an approx of the colors of blue I like. I didn't do the cape but I'ld like it done same as yours.

Please and Possibly Thank you in advance.

#158162 - 06/19/08 12:29 AM Re: [Mod]Painted Statue [Re: HPVV]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

So a dark blue flower with light blue center, light/dark blue paneled dress and dark blue shirt, dark blue headband, Light blue earrings. Hair color matched to my current skin tone.

I'm going to do a single color for the necklace, since it'll be a pain to change it so I can two-tone it. (Aside from separating the parts of the adjustment layers, each new layer is anywhere from three to sixteen values I need to balance to try and get a color.)

Your sure you want the cape to be red, though? It might not match well with the blues; I think a dark blue would probably be a better match, as well as easier to accomplish. (Just because of how my layers are set up.)
  • Queue of tasks for the statue mod:
  • As per the original, with black panels instead of yellow, and black pearls for the necklace
  • Dark blue panels/shirt/cape, dark blue flower petals, light blue flower core, dress panels, headband, and earrings.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter