Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 196 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#156177 - 06/09/08 03:39 PM Forever pg??
4boys=psychoMOM Offline

Loc: Colorado
I have finished my first game using the Magic Faction and now have started my second with Nature. I have done all the usual, set it to fast, planted my seed, built the fire, found my chief, etc.

It's seems as though my pg villager, the one that is pg when you start the game, is running in a different time than what I set my game for (fast).

For instance, I planted my seed which takes 4 hrs to grow to maturity, and she is still pg. My fire has burned for 5 hrs. and she is still pg with 27 minutes to go. Will she EVER have her baby??? lol Has this happened to anyone else?

Also I noticed that I get sooooo many collectibles this time around. Not sure if choosing the Nature Faction has anything to do with it or not. Just as I collect a turtle shell, there are 2 corals. Sometimes I will get 2 collectibles and a mushie! I only have one child and my child chief running after all of this. Makes good for the tech points! \:D
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather a skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a glass of wine in the other, body thoroughly used up and totally worn out, while screaming, "What a ride!"

#156179 - 06/09/08 03:44 PM Re: Forever pg?? [Re: 4boys=psychoMOM]
Deathwing Offline
Master

Loc: GaiaOnline, DW_08 ^^
I had this problem too, but with VV2, mind you I kept the game on pause most of the time looking for collectibles. I'm also having that same problem with my VV3 tribe.

The 1st seed is matured, the fire has been going 4hrs and hut 1 us finished and I have 3 children running around (because of an event \:\) )

My Pets home

#156195 - 06/09/08 04:50 PM Re: Forever pg?? [Re: Deathwing]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I've noticed that the more often the game is paused the longer the nursing timer takes to count down. This happened in VV1 and VV2, but seems to be even more obvious in VV3.

#156215 - 06/09/08 06:47 PM Re: Forever pg?? [Re: arnie]
miskinsincap Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Turkey
Originally Posted By: arnie
I've noticed that the more often the game is paused the longer the nursing timer takes to count down. This happened in VV1 and VV2, but seems to be even more obvious in VV3.

Strange, I didn't notice that, maybe I wasn't giving enough attention. But once, when I changed the game from normal to fast mode I realized that some of the countdowns didn't change (one pg time and fire). Then I changed the game to normal mode and to fast again and things became normal.

#156218 - 06/09/08 07:10 PM Re: Forever pg?? [Re: arnie]
4boys=psychoMOM Offline

I try not to play the game during the day when my boys are up and "being boys". But over the weekend I played more than usual and that might be the cause. Either way.. she FINALLY had a girl! lol At least someone has girls!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather a skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a glass of wine in the other, body thoroughly used up and totally worn out, while screaming, "What a ride!"

#156219 - 06/09/08 07:12 PM Re: Forever pg?? [Re: miskinsincap]
HPVV Offline
Expert

Loc: Eastern Shore of Isola
I have noticed this too. I also noticed that between 12-14 yrs old takes longer than it should.

#156221 - 06/09/08 07:18 PM Re: Forever pg?? [Re: arnie]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA

Thanks for that Arnie! I was beginning to wonder if my game had developed a glitz. Two of my women have been PG for what seams like an eternity.

#156223 - 06/09/08 07:35 PM Re: Forever pg?? [Re: swedane]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
This is only a guess, and could be very wide of the mark.

On Fast speed the timer counts down in three-minute segments. My guess is that if the game is paused at the end of one of the segments the timer doesn't move down, and nothing happens to the timer when the game is unpaused. If the game is again paused when the next segment is due, again nothing will happen. Only if the game is running normally will it count down. If you're in the habit of pausing the game frequently (to pick up mushrooms and collectibles, say) it is quite likely that the timer will fail to count down quite often, so extending the nursing period.

On other speeds the timer counts down in larger segments. Although the likelihood of the game being paused at that moment when it is due to count down is less, the time which is in effect added on is more.

#156233 - 06/09/08 08:10 PM Re: Forever pg?? [Re: arnie]
4boys=psychoMOM Offline

Thanks Arnie! Makes perfect sense.

#156301 - 06/10/08 12:30 AM Re: Forever pg?? [Re: arnie]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
This is only a guess, and could be very wide of the mark.

On Fast speed the timer counts down in three-minute segments. My guess is that if the game is paused at the end of one of the segments the timer doesn't move down, and nothing happens to the timer when the game is unpaused. If the game is again paused when the next segment is due, again nothing will happen. Only if the game is running normally will it count down. If you're in the habit of pausing the game frequently (to pick up mushrooms and collectibles, say) it is quite likely that the timer will fail to count down quite often, so extending the nursing period.

On other speeds the timer counts down in larger segments. Although the likelihood of the game being paused at that moment when it is due to count down is less, the time which is in effect added on is more.

Thanks, Arnie, your explanation makes sense! I play, mostly, on high speed and I'm constantly pausing the game, especially in the beginning.

According to my last post at 12:18, my pg female had 284 min left. Three hours later she had 224 min left.

An hour ago I set the game back to normal speed and the Pg female's time has since dropped to 114 min. Someone ought to look into this, or at least notify other players! It's a huge time loss playing on ...high speed.

Thanks bunches! \:\)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter