Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 97 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#151987 - 05/29/08 09:32 AM Re: VV3 Feelings on the game!! [Re: Mystress Key]
lloydbug Offline
Adviser

Loc: Seattle, WA

**************** SPOILERS *****************************

So first of all, I would like to thank Arthur, Carla, LadyCF, and everyone else at LDW for all of the hard work they have put into conceiving, producing, and testing VV3. You have done an amazing job and VV3 has so many wonderful improvements:

1. Visually, there is so much beautiful artwork: The hidden room, the coral and fish that swim through it, the bath, and collectibles...

2. The puzzles are more logical in nature and hence more enjoyable to figure out. I was banging my head against the wall over the last few puzzles in VV1 and the puzzles in VV3 felt more intuitive to me and hence more gratifying when I actually solved them by myself.

3. There are fewer bugs and a lot of actions in the game happen more smoothly. I like that panning to a selected villager occurs more quickly and that exercising villagers no longer get stuck. I also like that kids can pick herbs.

4. I also love the additions such as the rain, the chief, the orchard, and the alchemy room.

And I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I do have 3 quips:

1. No longer being able to finish off annoying villagers with potions.
In more detail: http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/151870/page/0/fpart/3

2. I understand that there will be a VV4, but would a little more closure really be so bad?
If anything I think it would encourage the people to buy the games because they would receive a mini happy ending and would eagerly await the next game in the series in order to have that experience again in a new way. An excellent example of this is King's Quest which ran through the 80's and 90's and was so popular that it continued for 8 games. Each game in the series was a self contained story but still drew back the crowd for more.
I have to admit that I feel a little irked that I was left "floating in mid air" er... hanging with VV3, just like I felt irked with VV1 when I waited so long to open the cave.

I find it unsettling that the villagers are happily and obliviously going about their daily tasks, knowing that the balance of nature and magic has been destroyed by the two ghosts that periodically hover in the hidden room. If VV4 does not continue this story and instead has the villagers go to a new part of the island to only repeat the same thing again, I will be very disappointed. I think LDW should use the same current village map, but open up an adjacent side with an additional village of the opposite faction. The hidden room, the bath, and cliff to the right of the village could easily be utilized for new puzzles, but I'll save the bulk of my ideas for the vv4 suggestions forum.

3. My final complaint is the resolution of puzzle # 12. I believe that the bath should be utilized for something special, and I feel aromatherapy does not do it justice.
The bath looks magical and I don't feel it's being used to its full potential. It has emerald eyes and a mouth that looks like it could have something inserted into it to activate it (a sun disc perhaps?), but right now it's functioning like a sophisticated candle holder. I guess I was expecting it to shoot lightening out of it eyes or something... or at least have villagers heat up rocks in the burners and drop them into the bath and make a steam bath!

#153238 - 06/01/08 10:16 AM Re: VV3 Feelings on the game!! [Re: knksmiles]
Yogibear Offline

Loc: Augusta, Ga
First of all I Love VV3 and LDW. I am not a big complainer,but there are a few things that I don't really like.

1. The Lift/Seeds- After you have planted your 3 seeds in the Orchard, the Lift is no longer useful. If you use the lift after the 3rd tree, a seed/fruit will fall, a villiger can pick it up, but the it will not give you any food more points. I was hoping that the villigers could use the lift when it rained to get more fruit from the tree, unfortunately that is not the case.

2. Lift/Sesaw- there should be 2 kids (one on eah end)when they are playing Sesaw.

3. Bath- What is the bath for??? Everyone seems to like bathing in the waterfall:0) Aslo, why don't children bathe...(since the like to run around and play in the dirt all the time)

4. Child Chief- I have a 3 yr old chief and he still likes to run around and play in the dirt(this is frustrating)especially when I want him to manage the workers. Also, my kid chief can not educate the other kids with his faction magic.... I have to wait until my kid chief becomes an adult to use this faction... However the kid chief can still pick up collectables.

4. I miss the Kids playing tag (VV2)

5. I really wish that there were a statistics screen in VV3 like VV 1&2. I want to know how many potions I have made so far, how mny child births etc...

I do like the fact that you can see green smoke when you make a bad potion. When this happen I know not to let my villagers drink that potion.

I love the reef, it is beautiful.

I also like that there is a place for the sick to go.
This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, hugs when spirits sag, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life.

#154071 - 06/03/08 05:24 AM Re: VV3 Feelings on the game!! [Re: tracy1872]
redrockwolf Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas, USA
Originally Posted By: tracy1872
so far I like everything! Guess we need to keep more than one kid onhand since collectables pop up more than one at a time!!

Now, that's one thing I like. More than one thing onscreen, at once. And that you start with about 3 kids (8 villagers), rather than just 1 kid.

Love my villagers!!!

Avatar created by GameMastr1. Thanx again.

#154074 - 06/03/08 05:31 AM Re: VV3 Feelings on the game!! [Re: Houjun]
redrockwolf Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Houjun
The only reasons I can think of that would cause the villager running off is that your villager had been trained in farming before being trained in research or building and that's why they are running off to harvest honey and/or that they have more skill in farming than in research or building.

I've noticed it happens a lot when they're low on food. As soon as there's honey in that hive, off they go.

Love my villagers!!!

#154076 - 06/03/08 05:42 AM Re: VV3 Feelings on the game!! [Re: kimberkost]
redrockwolf Offline
Expert

Yeah, it gets pretty boring, when your next Tech Level is 125,000, and you have to wait for them to get that. Even when you've got 30 adults (15 Masters, 10 Adepts, 3 Trainees, and a couple "Untrained"), working at the research table. The only thing to do is constantly scan. Mushrooms, I don't really need anymore. They've reached 20,449 in the food bin. I've been getting the same collectibles repeatedly for two days, now. Still need 1 rare shell, 1 rare coral, 1 rare feather, 3 rare tablet pieces, and 1 uncommon tablet piece. None of these have appeared, for two days now. Only repeats. It gets boring, constantly scanning, while waiting for them to hit that 125,000 mark--and constantly keeping them at the table. They like to run off to wash their face, look at the fishies, go swimming, enjoy the bath, look at the statue, and the ruins. Yet I'm afraid to NOT pause the game, when I leave it. For fear something will show up that I need.

VERY FRUSTRATING!!! Too bad we can't turn off collectibles, and leave the game running. So we don't have to oversee them go from 824 to 125,000!

And I, too, was oh so disappointed in the lift. When that first fruit fell and the second tree was planted, I thought it was so cool. The fact that the people kept calling it an orchard, I thought they'd be able to keep planting until they had a full orchard. NOT SO. After the third tree, all they do is deposit food. But you don't get any food points for it.

I do, however, love the fact that the Chief can produce 300 magic food, every day. That's what really saved my village. Between that, and constantly scanning for mushrooms. They hit 0 twice,and nearly died off. If it'd been VV1 or VV2, I'd have lost my villagers right there.

Edited by redrockwolf (06/03/08 05:44 AM)

Love my villagers!!!

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter