Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 223 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#151736 - 05/28/08 07:26 PM Buying Direct from LDW - Sorry about the last week
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
Hi Everyone,

Well after a pretty bumpy week with our e-commerce provider, we just want to apologize to anyone who did not have a great experience with the purchase because they were asked to enter phone numbers, were made to wait, etc. Carla has been scrambling to send people reg codes while they wait and to keep everyone happy. We are absolutely aware that it has not been satisfactory and we will take steps to make sure that buying direct from us is a smooth, safe, and fun process. Part of the problem was that there were simply more people than our e-commerce provider was prepared/able to handle.

We take pride in not packaging our games with ads, download managers or any weird stuff, and we will make some changes to improve and simplify the purchase process until everyone is absurdly happy. In any case, you can always feel safe buying from us and anyone who has done so in the past knows that we do our very best to take care of everyone personally.

#151829 - 05/28/08 10:57 PM Re: Buying Direct from LDW - Sorry about the last week [Re: Arthur]
Pookie9 Offline
Adviser

Loc: NC, USA
Everyone here deserves praise for the way they handled the problems with Plimus. I can't possibly imagine what sleepless nights you've had dealing with everything.

I'm very thankful that you don't package the game with ads and game managers. That makes playing a great game a great experience.

Kudos, kewpie dolls, and gold medals to everyone for the top-notch handling of some major problems. VV3 is worth waiting for no matter what. \:\)

#151871 - 05/29/08 12:14 AM Re: Buying Direct from LDW - Sorry about the last week [Re: Pookie9]
Myari Offline

I'm absurdly happy with VV3, and the small problem with Plimus didn't really make a difference to me.

Thank you for all the work you do to help us out and to make our experience with the games as good as it can be. You're a great team.

#151872 - 05/29/08 12:17 AM Re: Buying Direct from LDW - Sorry about the last week [Re: Myari]
denisse Offline
Trainee

i also had a small problem finding my registration key but it was no biggie. i finally found it and felt like a dummy cause i couldnt find it easily. \:\) like everyone else, i'm extremely happy with your guys and your games. thanks for all the hard work y'all do. \:\)

#151877 - 05/29/08 12:38 AM Re: Buying Direct from LDW - Sorry about the last week [Re: denisse]
Candyred32 Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
Had no problem purchasing straight from you guys. Have had problems trying to get in the ldw forum today.

#151990 - 05/29/08 09:52 AM Re: Buying Direct from LDW - Sorry about the last week [Re: Candyred32]
emri Offline
Master

Loc: Land of oz,Ks
I used my atm card.It only took about 5 min.

#152007 - 05/29/08 12:36 PM Re: Buying Direct from LDW - Sorry about the last week [Re: emri]
Lailai Offline
Master

Loc: Ldw Forums
Had no problem ever - that's why I always buy from ldw, you can just download updates at the forum

#152043 - 05/29/08 02:50 PM Re: Buying Direct from LDW - Sorry about the last week [Re: Lailai]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

Loc: jazzothegreat.com
I've bought three games from them (and one from somewhere else before I had heard of LDW) and support has been great and everything. No problems

#152086 - 05/29/08 05:59 PM Re: Buying Direct from LDW - Sorry about the last week [Re: Arthur]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
I had no problem at all!! 8\)

I was surfing lazily on the forum, when the game arrived.
Hop I jump on the link!
Hop I save it in "mes téléchargements"!
Hop 2x clicks on the set up file!
Hop! Next Hop! "I agree" Hop! Next Hop! Finish!
Hop! Buy! Hop! Filing the form!
Hop! Hop! Hop! Waiting for the answer! Hop! Hop! Hop!
Hop! I received the code virtually immediately!! ;\) \:D
Hop! Copy/paste the code
Hop! Taking care to write my name correctly! \:\/
Hop! 2x click on the little couple!
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!
That was great!! \:D

Hop! a little kiss to Arthur & Carla!!

Hop! another one to Barbara!!

And a big HUGS to the LDW's team

Edited by laurence (05/29/08 06:11 PM)

#152561 - 05/30/08 05:55 PM Re: Buying Direct from LDW - Sorry about the last week [Re: laurence]
VVFanatic Offline
Guru

Loc: Texas
No problems at all \:\) thanks Arthur, Carla & Barbara

VF2 -80%

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  LadyCFII, MissKathy, Rockmower, Xay 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter