Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 119 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#154511 - 06/04/08 03:40 AM Re: (spoilers) VV3, Mods. [Re: HPVV]
Deathwing Offline
Master

Loc: GaiaOnline, DW_08 ^^
Originally Posted By: HPVV
That mod of the statue is absolutly breath-taking. Do you take requests??? If not could you explain to me how I can get the door to look more bronze like the statue?

Yes I do \:\)

My Pets home

#154559 - 06/04/08 05:10 AM Re: (spoilers) VV3, Mods. [Re: Deathwing]
Gatsbi Offline
Expert

I am using a fun "trick" with mods. I made all of my backgrounds (including the overhanging tree, cliff, and houses) less colored....more gray.

It makes the mushrooms and collectibles really POP out! It also makes it easier to find the villagers when I want them.

I may post them to download, but it is a lot of files. Probably easier for people to make the change themselves. The main map backgrounds are .jpg files, so even opening them in Paint and converting them to Black & White/Greyscale would have about the same effect.

#154798 - 06/04/08 10:53 PM Re: (spoilers) VV3, Mods. [Re: Deathwing]
Deathwing Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: Deathwing
That mod of the statue is absolutly breath-taking. Do you take requests??? If not could you explain to me how I can get the door to look more bronze like the statue?

Yes I do \:\)

But it depends on what the request is. \:\)

My Pets home

#154811 - 06/04/08 11:34 PM Re: (spoilers) VV3, Mods. [Re: Damballah]
ledheadmelli Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: Damballah
I am a complete twit when it comes to installing things on VV. However, DW, that Goddess statue is absolutely amazing! That patina you've worked out there is gorgeous. I don't want to foul up my game, so I won't get to use it, but I just had to say BRAVA, MAESTRO!

Damballah - I'm a person who is also afraid of messing up my computer with one wrong button, but I have to tell you that the directions posted by Lady CFII (which I would link for you if I were not also a twit!) were so easy to follow that I was amazed. I added a bunch of mods two days ago and I feel like a pro (thanks, Lady!). My game is running fine and the purple fire is mesmerizing.
If you follow the equally easy instructions to back up your images file, you should have nothing to worry about. Good luck!

#154823 - 06/04/08 11:58 PM Re: (spoilers) VV3, Mods. [Re: ledheadmelli]
redrockwolf Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas, USA
DW, anything on the male chief mods? I haven't gotten a female chief, yet, so haven't been able to try it out. \:\(

Love my villagers!!!

Avatar created by GameMastr1. Thanx again.

#154874 - 06/05/08 01:48 AM Re: (spoilers) VV3, Mods. [Re: redrockwolf]
HPVV Offline
Expert

Loc: Eastern Shore of Isola
You can't go wrong if you follow Lady's instructions!
DW what I was inquiring about was making the door more of a bronze color like the statue.

#154932 - 06/05/08 03:59 AM Re: (spoilers) VV3, Mods. [Re: HPVV]
XiloDragon Offline
Expert

Loc: "In the Visible Universe"
Hey Guys! Has anyone made a mod that does not change the villagers hair so it doesn't look like their old? \:\)

oh and just so you know, I'm new!

#154970 - 06/05/08 10:04 AM Re: (spoilers) VV3, Mods. [Re: ledheadmelli]
Deathwing Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: ledheadmelli
Originally Posted By: Damballah
I am a complete twit when it comes to installing things on VV. However, DW, that Goddess statue is absolutely amazing! That patina you've worked out there is gorgeous. I don't want to foul up my game, so I won't get to use it, but I just had to say BRAVA, MAESTRO!

Damballah - I'm a person who is also afraid of messing up my computer with one wrong button, but I have to tell you that the directions posted by Lady CFII (which I would link for you if I were not also a twit!) were so easy to follow that I was amazed. I added a bunch of mods two days ago and I feel like a pro (thanks, Lady!). My game is running fine and the purple fire is mesmerizing.
If you follow the equally easy instructions to back up your images file, you should have nothing to worry about. Good luck!

I believe the link that you need Damballah and the one ledheadmelli is talking about is this area/link here, from LadyCFII.

You can't go wrong if you follow Lady's instructions!
DW what I was inquiring about was making the door more of a bronze color like the statue.
I am having lots of trouble with this one, no matter how hard I try.

Originally Posted By: Xilo
Hey Guys! Has anyone made a mod that does not change the villagers hair so it doesn't look like their old? \:\)

Welcome to the forums. And no, the old hair is part of the game, but there might be a way.

Originally Posted By: redrockwolf
DW, anything on the male chief mods? I haven't gotten a female chief, yet, so haven't been able to try it out. \:\(
I'm having trouble with the male, I'll work on it soon, sorry for the delay \:\(

I did not want to double post \:\)

My Pets home

#154993 - 06/05/08 03:01 PM Re: (spoilers) VV3, Mods. [Re: XiloDragon]
Gatsbi Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Xilo

Make a copy of the non-elderly villager heads in the image file and rename the copy to the name of the file with the elderly heads.

#155591 - 06/07/08 09:07 AM Re: (spoilers) VV3, Mods. [Re: Gatsbi]
Gerard Offline

Im new but i try i want to try making some mods too.
but with what program you change the things? photoshop?

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter