Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 99 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 8 of 35 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 34 35 >
Topic Options
#146876 - 05/18/08 04:35 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
mmaxe01 Offline

More info, Lady CFII:

It might be a 'sequencing' issue that I created. We started on the rubble first. Then, my village population topped out so we had to start working on the 2nd hut.

Now that the 2nd hut is completed (which took the game being on all the time and the chief directing them), they are back to working on the rubble pile. Some are also fishing and a few are researching. Most are working on rubble. The chief is no longer directing 'cuz she had a baby (had to - she was one of my few child bearing women left and my tribe was dying off).

So maybe it was because they were 'assigned' to rubble first and then I switched them to the hut - and they kept going back to the rubble (though as I mentioned, they didn't make much progress on that either - it's still slow progress but at least when I start the game again, they are already AT the rubble pile (vs. walking towards what they had been assigned as they were with the hut).

Thanks.

#146907 - 05/18/08 05:01 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: mmaxe01]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Arthur is looking at this entire issue right now. I'll add your comments to our _bug_ database, to be complete. \:\)

#146946 - 05/18/08 05:24 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
flowers369 Offline

I have an alchemy prob. I am running XP and have not had any of the probs listed above. This is no longer an issue for me as I have mapped out all the recipes, but just so you know:

When I alt-tab to view my recipe list in notepad, I come back to children who stand there lost and confused and no longer have the herbs in their hands. The herbs on the table sometimes, but not always I think, disappear as well. Also, I have occasionally made a potion and nothing happens. The pot just sits there empty, no explosion, no potion ready, nothing. I have to collect 3 more herbs and try again. When this happens, I have collected 3 more herbs, the villager uses 2, leaves the third on the table, and the potion is made or explodes. Funny though, it makes the same potion as it would if it had not had a booboo.

#146949 - 05/18/08 05:26 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: flowers369]
Unicorn

That's not really a VV3 problem as much as it is an effect of how Windows handles applications that have been minimized (which Alt-tab will do after a short time). It's best not to alt-tab out of VV3 while important tasks are taking place. You might want to print your list if you're running VV3 in full screen mode.

#147144 - 05/18/08 08:54 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
mmaxe01 Offline

Another question -

My villagers are now working on the bath. Also working on the rubble. The bath still says 'the bath is in need of repairs'. They've been repairing it for some time - is it normal that it doesn't show a 'percent complete' like other construction projects show? Thanks.

#147172 - 05/18/08 09:37 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: mmaxe01]
mickella Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
My computer freezes whenever I go to the puzzle screen. I can see the screen, but there is no "done" button, and no way out. I have tried clicking escape, and typing "M", hoping that it would go to the map, but no such luck. I can see an awards button, but I cannot click on it, the curser is gone. I have no idea what the awards are. I am sure that it is possible that it is my computer since it is very old, but I have played Virtual Villages 2: Lost Children, and did not have this problem. Is it my computer, or something that I am doing wrong? If it is a glitch, and there is some way that I can fix it, I would really love to be able to view my puzzles along with my awards.

I read that someone finds things the same as they left them when the shut off the computer. I have that same problem. I can be away from the game for 8 hours, and still find that progress is close to the same as when I left. Honestly, minor, compared to not being able to view my puzzles.

#147177 - 05/18/08 09:46 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: mmaxe01]
Unicorn

The bath requires a lot of builders, so it takes longer to reach the point at which the scaffolding appears.

#147180 - 05/18/08 09:48 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: mickella]
Unicorn

mickella, we have not seen a problem like you're describing. Does the game operate normally on every other screen?

#147267 - 05/19/08 12:01 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
cbpeanut49 Offline
Adviser

Thanks! Maybe in the meantime I'll figure it out.

#147280 - 05/19/08 12:16 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
mickella Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Yes, I have not had any other problems until now. My first villager just died. I was able to view their name on the Roster, however as soon as I tried to run my curser over the grave stone, I received this error:
Error: Access violation at 0x0040CFC2 (tried to read from 0x8E645EA3), program terminated.
I put the game back on, and it was fine until I went to put my curser over the gravestone again. I received the same error except the 2nd time the number that it was trying to read from was 0x517998EB.

Page 8 of 35 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 34 35 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter