Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 99 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 17 of 35 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 34 35 >
Topic Options
#149135 - 05/22/08 02:36 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
cvlowe Offline

I played again, and the baby timers are still not counting down. I also don't think my villagers are aging either. Time ios passing, though the tree and fire are counting down in both games.

#149188 - 05/22/08 04:32 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
MySwtSins Offline

Loc: NJ
Hi everyone. I believe this is where I should post this. My banana disappeared when I placed a villager on it to plant it. =) I placed them, the banana disappeared and it said they were doing nothing. I will probably just start a new game since I just started but thought I should share my experience.

#149191 - 05/22/08 04:41 AM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: slh]
tameno8 Offline
Expert

Loc: USA,UTAH
not sure this is a _bug_ or what? i read about a a person who had fog but no event. this is a pic i just took and there was no event to it. this happens a lot in my game version .03

#149194 - 05/22/08 04:54 AM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: tameno8]
isla Offline
Consigliere

That's just part of the weather. It's not an event unless it specifically says so.

#149198 - 05/22/08 05:08 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: lilstar]
Korin Offline

Loc: Maryland, USA
I have a couple of bugs to. First, I bought the game a couple of days ago and love it. Hope to see more in the future.

Anyway, I get all my villagers started on projects and then I minimize the game to do some work. When I come back everything is almost as I have left it, but I have a lot loss food. This doesn't happen if I stay in the game though.

Also, everytime I quit the game the screen freezes and I have to manually close the game with the task manager.

These may only be in my game, but I would love to fix the problem.

#149207 - 05/22/08 06:08 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
MattyM Offline

Quick update to my hut problem. With a max population of 17 villagers, it got stuck at 4% and for 2 days no matter what they did it wouldnt move. 4 of my Villagers died, including the Chief (RIP dear Ranui!) and POOF the percentage started climbing again and we got to 11% So, with my population at 13 ..they can build it, now Im up to 17 again, (thanks to a barrel that washed ashore) and POOF we are stuck at 11%. It seems that if you max out your population at 17 ( I thought the first max was 15, and no, Ive had no twins) they are unable to complete it.

I will update if my % changes when another of my elders passes on!

#149221 - 05/22/08 06:51 AM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: slh]
lynn123 Offline

I recently downloaded version 1.00.03 from the LDW website (full version for purchase), and have Windows XP. After installing the game, I set up a tribe and got them to 400 food, population of 10, purchased several different Tech things, and was dividing their tasks between researching and building and having the kids keep the food supply up by looking for mushrooms. I tend not to use the numbers to navigate the screen (I play in fullscreen mode) but instead use the hand icon. Well, when I was moving a child toward a collectible or mushroom the screen froze. I had no other systems operating, the Internet was not connected, etc. It was just this game, that was the only open program, and the screen froze and I saw the hand icon but couldn't move it. I also had an arrow, as what I would see on my desktop. But while I could move the arrow around, I couldn't click out of the game or anything. Nothing worked, not Ctr+Alt+Delete, not Esc, nothing. The game remained frozen for 5 or 6 minutes, then completely shut down. And I was back to the Windows screen where I log in to get to my desktop and personal settings. It didn't even shut me out to the desktop. This happened three times, and it did not make a difference whether I was in fullscreen mode or not, or where I moved the hand icon to or what character I was drag/dropping. Also, it wouldn't always be drag/drop either, it froze up regardless. This happened three times, and then I rebooted and ran my system in Safe Mode. Couldn't find anything wrong with the files, so I used F8 and was able to go back to the last known good settings. I did this, and ran my firewall, and didn't find any viruses or spyware--and I have the latest version plus updates, and I feel pretty confident that it's not an external _bug_. Also worth mentioning: I never got an error message. I read the previous posts and I never saw an error message--the screen simply froze and after 5 or 6 minutes I was back on the Windows log-in screen. When I restart the game after it freezing/booting me, it is back to shortly after the tutorial ends. I have about 83 food and just a couple hundred tech points, and my villagers that were not deposited on Isola as trainee builders are "Untrained," despite this not being where I previously left them. I understand that this game operates in real time, but is there a way that perhaps in future versions there could be a means of manually saving one's progress rather than relying on the save methods built in to the game?

Also, I am having the same problem with game progress. I have finally been able to play the game and start two tribes, one with nature faction and the other with magic faction, but my trees never seem to grow, percentage of builder work completed never updated, and my nursing mothers have nursed for three days. And I haven't altrered my system clock. I learned my lesson from the 1st Virtual Villagers game, when I set my clock forward and all my villagers became skeletons. So with VV2 and VV3 I haven't played around with clock settings. I also don't download cheat patches because the fun of the game (IMO) is figuring out things as you go. That's also why I don't usually come to forums, because I don't want walkthroughs and spoilers I want to figure it out on my own.

I feel very disappointed that I paid $19.95 for the "latest version" of a game that I am NOT enjoying. It is no fun at all to not see any progress other than 2% build completed over three days, without keeping my tribe on pause. I generally run my game in normal speed, but with the time glitches I changed to 2x speed (no change to any of the numbers), and then when I am away I run the game at 1/2 speed. No error message; no system clock errors (my system clock is 7:58 am German time currently and that is the accurate time for this morning. German time only because I'm at an American military APO address.)

---> I edited this message because shortly after posting it, I forgot to mention that when I finally was able to get the game going (three days ago) and not freeze out (it just started working on it's own, I did nothing different that I am aware of) I had my chief create magic food. I read that it's an ability my chief has every 24 hours...but it's been more than 24 hours and every time I drag my chief to the food hut to create more magic food it gives me a message on the bottom of the screen that the chief can only do this every 24 hours. I also have a puzzle that shows up as completed (clearing the rocks) but the builders are still working on it, and it only says 11% completed.

Thanks again.
Thank you for your help.

Edited by lynn123 (05/22/08 07:24 AM)

#149223 - 05/22/08 07:01 AM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: isla]
tameno8 Offline
Expert

Loc: USA,UTAH
thank you isla for answering my question.

#149267 - 05/22/08 01:36 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: MayC]
spyrogirlkim Offline
Expert

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: MayC
The last puzzle does not work. I solved it and it is still saying unsolved. I tried to keep messing with it and follow some advice from others and it still doesn't work. Very frustrating to buy a game and get all the way to the end and it doesn't work.

Same on mine

#149271 - 05/22/08 01:45 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: spyrogirlkim]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Look here.

Page 17 of 35 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 34 35 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter