Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 97 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#147644 - 05/19/08 03:30 PM Shall I start again?
zigzag Offline
Trainee

Loc: Wales
Had an accident forgot to put the game on pause, so now only have two females, and a boy child (who is chief) is it worth going on or shall I start again?

#147650 - 05/19/08 03:46 PM Re: Shall I start again? [Re: zigzag]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
That's really up to you. The tribe isn't lost yet. When the boy-chief grows up he will be able to father children, but of course your effective work force will be cut from two to one while the mother is nursing. You could also get an Island Event that brings you one or more new villagers.

You might want to start another game in a different slot and check in on the first tribe from time to time to see how they're getting on.

#147656 - 05/19/08 03:55 PM Re: Shall I start again? [Re: arnie]
AtarahPern Offline
Consigliere

Loc: PA
I'd do like Arnie suggested and keep it, and start another in another slot. It'd be kinda fun to see how it works out. Just be sure to alternate your woman on jobs, so that the food bin is full and she can heal before you start her parenting.
\:\)
Marcey

#147659 - 05/19/08 03:57 PM Re: Shall I start again? [Re: arnie]
serenity260 Offline

Not all is lost. Imagine my surprise yesterday when one of my children changed the date on the computer and advanced my game 2 DAYS ahead. Luckily food was no longer an issue, but I ended up with 4 villagers who were only 10 and 5 villagers well into their 50s and unable to have any more children. I found about 15 people dead from old age. Always sad when they die \:\(

Now the little ones are now 18 and the one girl is my only hope for repopulating my tribe. Poor girl, she's going to be taking care of kids forever.

If you're far enough advanced and don't need to worry about food and tech for awhile, you can always have both women have babies. It'll put you completely out of work for quite some time, but if you can pop out a couple of boys and girls you should be all set. As long as they don't stave.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter