Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 101 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 33 of 35 < 1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 >
Topic Options
#159749 - 06/26/08 04:04 AM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: i3urtongirl]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The fruit and honey never replenish the amount they had at first, and the villagers harvest it very quickly. Unless you're watching very carefully, you probably won't notice the replenishment.

#162741 - 07/11/08 03:09 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
lukerduker123 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Texas
I U guys still haven't fixed the jump into the empty bath I have version 1.004

#162744 - 07/11/08 03:29 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: lukerduker123]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Loc: Right behind you.
To be precise, the trees and honey never regenerate their previous levels, if you continue farming them. And you kind of have to have people farming.

If you had enough food stockpiled that you could afford not to have a single villager farming for 1500 Isola years, you could generate up to 3000 honey in the hive, in theory, while the trees would only regenerate 1000 food each.

However, even a single farmer will strip the trees regenerating fruit very quickly, and the hive regenerates so slowly it's not even funny.

#162868 - 07/11/08 07:54 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: Lurkily]
bodeia Offline
Trainee

Not sur if this is the right post for this but here goes:

Is it usual for villagers to start fixing the bath then clearing the rubble without any intervention from me. I only ask as my latest village seems determined to do all these things on their own. I haven't put any villager near any of these places as it's very early in their development and I prefer to get food and build huts first before starting the puzzles but they have almost completed the bath and have now started on the rubble.

#162881 - 07/11/08 08:32 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: bodeia]
Unicorn

I assume that you had the plans already drawn for the bath project? The villagers will not start any building project on their own, but it's very easy to accidentally drop a villager onto a construction hotspot without realizing it. All it takes is once. \:\)

#162898 - 07/11/08 09:46 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
bodeia Offline
Trainee

Bath plans were drawn by accidently knocking my EE into the board when I wanted him to make a potion and I took my eye off the screen and when I ooked back he'd drawn them and not made the potion but I never took any adult near the bath or the rubble as I know from previous experience it only takes one error and accidently drop the villager.

I have noticed this village is more proactive and actively seeks out place of interest rather more than my earlier villages hmm could it be they've been talking to earlier villages!!.

#163092 - 07/13/08 04:21 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: lilstar]
Village Elder #1 Offline

Loc: Kentucky
I purchased and Love to play VV3!!!But my game drags part of the time the more and longer I play the worse it gets. Whats wrong? Also when game cds are availiable please send me one! By purchasing the down load I cannot take it with me when I travel! I feel cheated when for the same price I could have purchased at a retail store and had my cd to play where ever I am!!
Village Elder #1

#167624 - 08/11/08 10:21 PM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: slh]
mistymage Offline

Is the parenting skill non-autonomous or does it require the Guiding Hand to create new life?

I ask because in a previous village I noticed that no new babies were being made when the game was "off". But I figured maybe I didn't have anyone either set to parenting or I was at max pop. or something.

This new set of villagers I had a male set to parenting overnight, I have plenty of room in the village and have both huts restored (partial hut in the middle and ruins by the statue).. there are only 28 villagers right now. So I thought that by the time I next checked not only would I have more villagers but that he should have been close to being a JOAT. The game ran as "normal" from 3:35am to 1:48pm which would be about 10 hours.

He's not any further and the pop. didn't go up:

http://mistymage.com/virtualvillagers/difference.html

If that (28 people) is the max for having 2 huts restored.. shouldn't he still be trying to "embrace" and getting exp. points for those attempts?

#167634 - 08/11/08 11:39 PM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: mistymage]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Loc: Right behind you.
They generally don't try to have children when the population's maxxed - in VV3, if you try to make them, you'll get a message about not enough housing. Much different from humans, that way.

They also GENERALLY don't parent if a different skill is checked, though there are exceptions - especially if there are no tasks for their chosen skill, or they have no skill selected, or no skill in the selected skill. In those cases they just do what they know how to do.

#167636 - 08/12/08 12:07 AM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: mistymage]
Unicorn

Although elderly males can successfully produce babies in VV3 if you have them embrace a female, they will not initiate breeding on their own. If you want a male to increase the village population on his own, you need to choose one that's under 50.

Page 33 of 35 < 1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter