Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 105 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#150285 - 05/24/08 11:14 PM Re: VV3 Feelings on the game!! [Re: kimmar]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here

BUT...

I was VERY disappointed to see that nursing mothers still can't work and still get NO parenting experience for their efforts. I'm starting to think the design team are misogynsitic. Let's face it... who's the better parent? The male who makes dozens of babies and then has nothing to do with them or the female who has one and devotes years to its care? CHANGE IT for vv4!! I can guarantee that if this doesn't change for vv4 I won't be buying it. Yeah I am that ticked off by this. (and offended too) [/quote]

AND allow the parnets to interact with their children! It takes more to being a parnet than making them and birthing them. How about whne a child gets sick, it is the mum or dad that 'heals' them? As a mum, I home was overrun by playthings and books. where are the toys? Island children have toys and gamse too! How about a dad craving a little boat for his children to float in the water? Corn Hush dolls? A game of marbles? Sorry, but I too am bothered by the lack of care of the children. Or respect for family life.

#150328 - 05/25/08 01:58 AM Re: VV3 Feelings on the game!! [Re: MochaJew]
Damballah Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Somewhere in time....
First and foremost, I love VV3 so far. But the lack of parental care, or even elder guidance truly bothers me. I've not noticed the adults tell stories to the children anymore. I like the teaching, which is very cleverly done. I'm not so sure that little boys would deliver turtle shells to the scientists immediately. (I rather think they would put them on their heads like hats and walk around trying to keep them on, or make a game of who keeps theirs on the longest gets to take all of them to the scientists. Inverted turtle shells also can float, so they could play sea-faring games with them.)

I've noticed in the teaching that there doesn't seem to be much medicine or science taught, nor childcare. And are these villagers eating all their fish raw? Lots and lots of sushi, perhaps! \:D I like the conical food bin, but am disappointed that everything is raw, and that the villagers no longer cook.

Thank goodness for that Hospital!!! It is amazing, and I love that most of all.Not having to drag villagers from plant to plant is a blessing!

#150830 - 05/26/08 05:19 AM Re: VV3 Feelings on the game!! [Re: iamqci]
julie58 Offline

If you have about 15 builders, it doesn't take that long on 2X speed. About 10 hours was all it took for my statue to get completed. It's no worse than uncovering the mosaic in VV2.

#150853 - 05/26/08 08:42 AM Re: VV3 Feelings on the game!! [Re: julie58]
renaweir Offline
Adviser

Loc: California
I'm afraid I haven't gotten very far in the game. Since I'm so busy I have to keep pausing the game and go back to it once in a while, so I haven't seen a lot of the things I've read about. I really appreciate all the new things that are in VV3. The graphics are so different from the first 2 games and I think they made it more difficult too. I really appreciate that. I'm glad I don't have to drag doctors from flower to flower. It takes a lot more time and work for the builders to achieve skill and that's better than the 2 previous games. I'm glad the chief is not like the golden child which I totally disliked. I absolutely love the rain and thunder!! My favorite type of weather. I imagine as I get further on in the game I will eventually get to know everything I like and don't like about the game. As of right now, it's great, different. There's just a couple of things that bother me. I read there are no totems for esteemed elders. I'll miss that. Could they come back for VV4, maybe in smaller versions? It takes quite a long time for a mommy to carry the baby. Is there no way to change that without changing game speed? How about if mothers carry the baby in their backs for part of the time they take care of them so they can work a little. Sort of like change the baby, bathe the baby, show the baby the reef etc., etc., and take your baby to work day!

#151079 - 05/26/08 08:17 PM Re: VV3 Feelings on the game!! [Re: renaweir]
Debala715 Offline

I think my biggest dislike of this game so far is how long it takes to earn Tech points if you only have lvl 2 Science. For 3 days now, I've been running the game at slow speed, just trying to earn enough tech points to buy either lvl 3 Science or lvl 3 Leadership. I still don't have enough points earned.

#151085 - 05/26/08 08:26 PM Re: VV3 Feelings on the game!! [Re: Damballah]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here
LOL, I would love to see the little boys play with the turtle shells. And I would love to see the sandcastles the children are building. I aslo miss the cooking pot and had hoped for some sort of animal. And the tech points...don't get me started on the tech points...

By and large I still love the game and even some of the villagers look more islanders. And I love the storyline told in the cave...

Well, there is still VV4.....

Edited by MochaJew (05/26/08 08:28 PM)

#151306 - 05/27/08 01:36 PM Re: VV3 Feelings on the game!! [Re: MochaJew]
game crazy Offline

Loc: Texas
I love the game, I still play 1 and 2 if I have nothing else to play. But I am at the end of the game and waiting on tech points, and beleive me I play for hours collecting every little thing I can for tech points, I may die before I get enough to finish the game.

#151308 - 05/27/08 01:41 PM Re: VV3 Feelings on the game!! [Re: Debala715]
bethlham Offline
Guru

Originally Posted By: Debala715
I think my biggest dislike of this game so far is how long it takes to earn Tech points if you only have lvl 2 Science. For 3 days now, I've been running the game at slow speed, just trying to earn enough tech points to buy either lvl 3 Science or lvl 3 Leadership. I still don't have enough points earned.

If you run it on normal or fast they will accumulate faster. \:\)

#151330 - 05/27/08 05:36 PM Re: VV3 Feelings on the game!! [Re: bethlham]
migweeny Offline

Loc: disneyland,CA
I love the game and all the new puzzles, but I really miss the elder totems. I know some people found them annoying, but now there is really no reason to have them become elders. Also there is really no reason to keep playing the game once you have solved all the puzzles, bought all the tech and built all the buildings. At least in VV2 the totems kept me coming back and interested in the game.

#151366 - 05/27/08 06:58 PM Re: VV3 Feelings on the game!! [Re: knksmiles]
Mystress Key Offline

Loc: Long Island
Originally Posted By: knksmiles
I love it! The new little details such as footprints are awesome!

Thank you LDW!

Did anyone else notice that most of the time when the children run around and they create foot prints that it usually resembles the capital letter R?
8)Just wondering.
Mystress Key

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter