Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 158 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#147869 - 05/19/08 09:25 PM Re: VV3 Feelings on the game!! [Re: tick_tock]
HarryFan17 Offline
Master

Loc: in the front row of a concert!...
I love the game! I have nature instead of magic. The only thing I don't like is the mothering time. I always keep mine on 2x so they can get back to work faster, but that's still 2 years they could have been close to mastering a skill.

The map is great. All of the new things in it make the game more interesting.

My favorite thing would have to be the new expressions and actions that the villagers have. Looking up to the sky, putting their hands on their hips, ect.

Great Job LDW!!!!!

#148126 - 05/20/08 02:12 PM Re: VV3 Feelings on the game!! [Re: HarryFan17]
pawtet Offline

Loc: calif
I really loved VV1 and VV2. I do like alot of the new things in VV3. I have all 5 tribes at level 2 on all tech's and faction and now find that to get any further ahead, I must keep them all at fast speed and just check back on them every hour or so. Trying to get enough points to do further puzzles it taking much to long. About all I can do at this point is keep them fed and breeding when there are too few little ones to collect goodies. The tech point issue is a big draw back.

#148274 - 05/20/08 06:51 PM Re: VV3 Feelings on the game!! [Re: LadyCFII]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here
Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
It's still in the game. \:\)

And I love it \:\)

#148310 - 05/20/08 07:29 PM Re: VV3 Feelings on the game!! [Re: pawtet]
kimberkost Offline

I agree with the tech point issue. I'm just stuck now. Nothing to build at this point until I get more tech points. I've got at least 15 people at the research table. Perhaps I'll just start another tribe. \:D

#148321 - 05/20/08 07:45 PM Re: VV3 Feelings on the game!! [Re: kimberkost]
Squishedfairy Offline
Trainee

I love the new things the children do and my favorite is the playing in dirt.
I love VV3, and as I stated in a different thread my hubby says I spend WAY too much time with my villagers. He even laughed at me when I told him that in the pictures of the Magic Fish & Magic Plants, they left out the Magic Fish of Mutation. He just laughed and said I play all these way too much and will be grounded from the comp for a while if they come out with a VV4, PT2 or FT2 (Like I'd listen to him).

#148325 - 05/20/08 07:53 PM Re: VV3 Feelings on the game!! [Re: Squishedfairy]
nuttyjuls Offline
Trainee

Loc: Scotland
people say tv & computers break the tradition of family but this game has meant cross refferencing & game strategy talking betwee me & my 18year old who is now into the game as is one of his friends my son has aspbergers so is has not got the social skills of some kids & his interests are usually hotwheels, airfix, lego noy really my hot topics. Now he is asking for hints we.ve been talking about the forums the puzzles etc so thankyou LDW for helping my family connect :)))

#148353 - 05/20/08 08:20 PM Re: VV3 Feelings on the game!! [Re: nuttyjuls]
kimmar Offline
Expert

Loc: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
I waited so very long for this game. I bought it right away. I've been playing it pretty much non stop since I got it.

I was delighted to see that some of the suggestions that we players made were taken seriously (ie including weather and a need for leadership).

As always the graphics are pretty and I wish I could have a larger version of the reef as a screensaver. Overall I am enjoying the game.

BUT...

I was VERY disappointed to see that nursing mothers still can't work and still get NO parenting experience for their efforts. I'm starting to think the design team are misogynsitic. Let's face it... who's the better parent? The male who makes dozens of babies and then has nothing to do with them or the female who has one and devotes years to its care? CHANGE IT for vv4!! I can guarantee that if this doesn't change for vv4 I won't be buying it. Yeah I am that ticked off by this. (and offended too)

#150041 - 05/24/08 01:16 PM Re: VV3 Feelings on the game!! [Re: knksmiles]
julie58 Offline

I'm very happy except that I can't tell the difference between age 13 and 14. They don't have the dramatic growth spurt at 14 as they did in previous games. I'm constantly grabbing 12- and 13-year-olds trying to make them work. Or, someone will be standing around doing nothing, and I don't realize he turned 14.

#150047 - 05/24/08 02:11 PM Re: VV3 Feelings on the game!! [Re: knksmiles]
iamqci Offline

I hate VV3. I love 1 and 2. But in 3 and this is the 4th time i started over, if my screen gets off of the chief while they are moving the statue, then he leaves. Sometimes, he even leaves while on the screen. If i close the game, he leaves. this time i have had the screen sitting on him for 12 hours running at 2x and finally got the statue at the top of the walkway, however because i can only get 7 workers up there, i estimate it will take another 12 to 14 hours for it to get in place. If my chief dies this time, i am finished with VV3 and will go back to 1 and 2. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED. It is not fun just letting the computer run by itself for 24 hours to get it done.

#150281 - 05/24/08 11:07 PM Re: VV3 Feelings on the game!! [Re: lucas]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here
Originally Posted By: lucas
Well I was hopeing you would be able to strap them on the back so the moms could work but no. I only played the trial but I liked it very much from my hour of play.

I was hoping the same thing. I aslo hoped for more interaction with parnet/child. There is more to being a mummie and daddie than making babies and then when they turn two years old, leave them to fend for themselves. Yes, it is great that adults tell stories and the Chief teaches. But I would love to 'see' the sandcastle the children are playing, I would love to 'see' the see-saw work. I would have loved to see a storyteller/recorder, crafters and sadly the Commune Cooking Pot has been replaced with a Pot for Portions. I would have loved to see a school, clothes being made, celebrationings, etc. And it still takes too long to get tech points.

Now having said that, I love the Chief, the hosptial, the Commune healing bath, and so much more for the builders to do. I also love the way the teens lay on their backs and watch the clouds float by until you put them to work. The events are awesome and make the game more intersting.
My favorite is the storyline; more clues to the history of Isola, what could have happen to the island and even a love story that includes a MARRIED COUPLE

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter