Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 171 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#133046 - 04/22/08 06:59 PM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which c [Re: halidog]
Complexity Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: halidog
I don't know if they are completely random; it could be a grandparent.

I seriously doubt it just on a programming point of view. That would require that the software maintain a database of the grandparents for each and every villager (once your tribe gets beyond its first round of villagers). Given that it's possible to have as many as 115 villagers at a time, that's a lot of data that has to be maintained.

I'm not saying it's not possible or the reason for the odd children, but it just doesn't strike me as being something important enough in the game to merit a full database of genetics.

Instead, I think the software merely takes the average of the parents at the time in which they breed. They do maintain the genetics until the child is 18, but they drop it after that.

The more examples of these "odd" kids that turn up, the better chance I have of finding any kind of pattern. Could it be 1 in every 10 births? Or the time of day or night in which the child is born (if born at <hour>:15, then it'll be a random child which results in a 1 in 60 ratio due to there being 60 minutes each hour)? Maybe there's a basic calculation of the general tribe, and when it's found to be too far out of balance (or too balanced with all villagers' numbers being rather close to each other), then a "new" kid is mixed in? I doubt any of these are the case, but it's important to consider various possibilities.

I just think however it's done, it's done at the time the child is selected (when they turn 2 and we can finally see the child), and it's done using some kind of mathematical equation.

#133084 - 04/22/08 09:20 PM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which child [Re: Akamu]
shemee Offline
Adviser

Loc: Somerset, KY
Yes, the sounds are always inherited from the mom. I didn't know that orignally so my oldest tribe only has hehehe and hahaha. A newer tribe has six different kids with sounds thanks to a barrel of babies all girls. (Makes chart to keep sounds going which means each woman has to have one girl child. Sounds easy but I had to go through 5 boys before I got a girl on one)

#133502 - 04/24/08 03:03 AM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which child [Re: shemee]
Tmac Offline
Master

how long did it take you ?? i have been doing this in 'my head" for over a year . i have certain villagers that are
my favs . so i always try to make them \:D

#133545 - 04/24/08 09:12 AM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which c [Re: Tmac]
Complexity Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Tmac
how long did it take you ?? i have been doing this in 'my head" for over a year...

Are you asking how long did it take me to figure it out or to start getting the villagers I want?

Regardless, I'm happy to say that I now have 4 very blonde children running around. The only problem is that they're all female and the last male blonde is 72 years old. I let him breed one last time with 3 females which I'm using to get the blonde children so I'm hoping for at least 1 male in the bunch.

I'm just so happy to get my blondes back, especially the girl with long blonde hair. She's my favorite. I now have 3 of them! \:D

#134040 - 04/26/08 12:59 AM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which c [Re: Complexity]
bunnylover Offline
Consigliere

Loc: USA
Awesome! Thx!

(By the way, does this also work for VV1? I hope so!)

Chicka Chicka! Boom Boom! Will there be enough room?

#134148 - 04/26/08 04:04 AM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which c [Re: bunnylover]
SpecialPrincess Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: the Midwest, USA
Quote:
(By the way, does this also work for VV1? I hope so!)

No. In VV1, the heads are completely random.

#134151 - 04/26/08 04:06 AM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which c [Re: SpecialPrincess]
*Erica* Offline
Master

Loc: Somewhere over the rainbow
wow that looks like a lot of work! good job! \:\) this is a very interesting topic

I have two fan fictions called "Dear Diary" & "The Sad Life of Soda" check em out

#134565 - 04/26/08 09:10 PM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which c [Re: *Erica*]
SpecialPrincess Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: the Midwest, USA
Well, Vicki, I've done some equations for some of my children (my tribe has had 57 babies as of this moment, so it's only a small percentage of them). Anyways, their averages all fell within their parents' expected averages, but I will post the pics of some of them anyways. \:\) One of them I am having trouble figuring out. I can't figure whether his dad is a six or a sixteen, so I'll post his pic first. \:\)

Next, here are some of the other children I did equations for. \:\)

9+7=16/2=8 real #7

7+13=20/2=10 real #10

9+19=28/2=14 real #15

9+19=28/2=14 real #15

9+7=16/2=8 real #7

8+12=20/2=10 real #10

7+13=20/2=10 real #10

#134592 - 04/26/08 10:01 PM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which c [Re: SpecialPrincess]
Complexity Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: SpecialPrincess
I can't figure whether his dad is a six or a sixteen, so I'll post his pic first. \:\)

The dad in this picture is a 6. So that would make it 6+9=15, 15/2=7.5, real child=8. So that also falls within the average of the parents.

I double checked all your other ones and agreed with what you came up with. I've added them all to my list. Thanks for supplying the pictures so I could be certain my list is as accurate as I know how to make it.

With all the proof I have so far, I believe I did figure out how the children are determined. Almost all of them are the average of the parents, give or take a couple of points. I'm not finding very many exceptions so I can't get a hold on why that happens, but I do have a tribe that's quickly becoming dark haired (the tribe I named Vicki's Blondes! LOL! :D) so maybe that will trigger an exception baby? I'm hoping so because I really don't want that tribe to be completely void of blonde haired villagers!

#134597 - 04/26/08 10:09 PM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which c [Re: Complexity]
lucas Offline
Guru

Loc: AZ
Wow I like this thanks for posting. It looks like a lot of work right on \:\)

Ava By AR

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 ... 19 20 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter